To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

time to call it a day

A forum for general Fantasy Sports notices & comment that don't relate specifically to one sport or one fantasy sports game.
AJC1964
Grumpy Old Man
Location: On the 16th at the FISO Scotland Golf Day with 39 points in the bag.
FS Record: 20k biggest single win was TFF Div1 £5k 2004/05

time to call it a day

Post by AJC1964 »

Hi All
not sure what forum to put this, but wherever it should be it will be one of my last ever forum post.

i have decided to call it a day on all fantasy sports games, and to be totally truthfull this season ive hardly used fiso at all. the only forum i ever visit is the Fiso Golf Society and due to circumstances beyond my control this years annual is pretty doubtful at present.

ive been with FISO since 2001 or 2002, had a very good 3-4 years of winning prizes. in those days we only had the 1 forum i believe and you could have a topic that was started on a monday and would still be on the main page on the Friday.

ive had the great privilege to meet alot of top people on FISO.

tclist he was the one that introduced me to FISO, god do i owe him :wink:

I would like to say a special thanks to thelip, though im not he visits fiso as much now that he has got wed, but his and his partner of then’s hospitality on my visits to Scotland was top notch, and another big special thanks to admin, I have played golf with on a good few occasions and has been very generous in helping me over all those years. The highlight being playing over in Spain, and a couple of trips up to Scotland.

I also got to meet the champ of champs in the fantasy games world Andy Luckhurst, he did give me advice the 1st time i meet him at the Guinees meet at Newmarket, but I forgot that all by the time I got home. He has proved he is the No1 FFer cause he is always involved on a leaderboard in 1 of the top games.

Striker, I meet him at that very same Newmarket day, a very wise FFer and even if he isn’t as prominent on the Leaderboards he has still done very well over the years considering the small amount of teams he enters.

Rich another ffer that has a pretty good history in the game, was good having all those chats about footy.

I have meet quite a few others but the list goes on too long, but if you read this post then all I will say is it was great to meet up with you whether it’s a horse meet or Golf or anything that ive turned up to. Those that have my mobile number if you ever fancy a chat then feel free to call, even if I might need to call you back.

So take care & I hope all you fiso members win lots of money and stay safe.

Surprised
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: TFFOSM MotW in 2008 and MotM in 2003. 78th overall in TFFO for 2002/3 and 2003/4

Re: time to call it a day

Post by Surprised »

Sorry to see you are leaving FISO.
I hope all goes well with you in the future and maybe one day you will return.

primitive man
Grumpy Old Man

Post by primitive man »

Sorry your leaving Alan! It was a pleasure meeting you both on the forum and in real life! You're a top bloke.

All the best mate in whatever you do and whatever fantasy games you play! :lol:

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Post by murf »

Enjoy life AJC.

Was a pleasure meeting you and always a pleasure 'FISOing' with you :D

AKNel1
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: pretty dire with occasional moments of genius

Post by AKNel1 »

Best of luck Alan.

Rest assured you will live long in the memory & remember that every year around about this time, in deepest darkest Wales a bunch of avid FISO Golf fanatics will meet to play for the AJC 'Memorial' Challenge Trophy. How many other of the 1,000's of FISOer's and ex-FISOer's can say that.

Brings a tear to a glass eye :cry:

Jonathan
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: ^ That's my dad! ^ KGC Captain's Drive-in 2015 Champ
FS Record: OFL Champions League Sprint finalist 10/11

Post by Jonathan »

Sorry to hear you won't be around Alan. Hope all goes well for you and I still hope you can make the odd Annual or other golf event some time. And of course, my name will always sit just a couple down from you on a certain major FISO golf trophy. :D

AJC1964
Grumpy Old Man

Post by AJC1964 »

cheers for the few messages.

i have had enough of FF and other sports games, i just cant put the time in and enjoy it anymore.

i have forgot another big thanks to marquemark for all his help with the website, and putting up with me headbutting his bathroom door, when he helped me out before last years annual.

Jonathan we will still be having the Air Ambulance day in September and hope you can help defend the yellow ball comp 8-)

i do have some good news for a change though, and the reason that makes me a major doubt for the Annual is im back working, and cant afford to be booking time off as we will already be having a holiday in August.

good luck

Vid
Head Moderator
FS Record: winning is a distant memory

Post by Vid »

MotM Boss may return one day perhaps? :-)

sted
Dumbledore
Location: Outside, fighting 3 big fellas and drinking beer at the same time.

Post by sted »

I. Also remember MotM Boss,

Big up to you Alan and all you've contributed to this forum.

Good luck.

Oh So Cynical
Cheetah

Post by Oh So Cynical »

In all these years you've never given me a chance to get my £100 back! :D

Lister
Grumpy Old Baggie
FS Record: Won a few golf things a long time ago!!

Post by Lister »

Take care Alan enjoyed your company glad you came for a round at Oakridge.

Knulpuk
Dumbledore
FS Record: Ultra ultra consistent (see above)

Post by Knulpuk »

Sorry to see you go - good news about the job though - hopefully it will settle down to allow you attend a few events in the future.

Was good to meet you at the Annual on a couple of occassions - even if you had to witness one of the worst rounds ever played (2009) - I hope your eyes and senses fully recovered. It's just possible they didn't.

Good luck with whatever comes your way.

Groomyd
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Groomyd »

Was it that fist extra hole par three win that's been eating you Alan? :wink:

Good luck and hope the health allows you to get out and hussle some golf :D

Jonathan
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: ^ That's my dad! ^ KGC Captain's Drive-in 2015 Champ
FS Record: OFL Champions League Sprint finalist 10/11

Post by Jonathan »

Knulpuk wrote:Was good to meet you at the Annual on a couple of occassions - even if you had to witness one of the worst rounds ever played (2009)
2009 shots. That was a bad round! :wink:
AJC1964 wrote:Jonathan we will still be having the Air Ambulance day in September and hope you can help defend the yellow ball comp 8-)
Let me know a date as soon as you can on that, Alan. Would really like to make it again if I can.

Rick
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Rick »

Good luck to you Alan, I will miss you putting me right about how Man Utd always get all the decisions in their matches with Spurs. :) .

Shame to see one of the good guys going when there are so many one here I would happily never hear from again.

See my pm, all the best

Rich

pa102aw
Fiso Knight Templar
FS Record: Too many to mention now :-)

Post by pa102aw »

I think that if I said that the main topic of conversation during our meal athe Fiso Welsh Open last weekend was the life and times of AJC shows how well thought of you are Alan. It was a pleasure to share a Buggy with you, plus I still have one of your balls (golf) to return to you.

AJC on Camera.

AJC1964
Grumpy Old Man

Post by AJC1964 »

Rick wrote:Good luck to you Alan, I will miss you putting me right about how Man Utd always get all the decisions in their matches with Spurs. :) .

Shame to see one of the good guys going when there are so many one here I would happily never hear from again.

See my pm, all the best

Rich
thanks Rich, i'll still be watching football and cursing the ref in our games, that might change the day we get a dubious pen or a goal that didnt cross the half way line :lol: i have no interest in fantasy sports anymore, prehaps its mainly down to a few reasons, like 1 im no longer any bloody good at it + the last 3 seasons ive had to make transfers on the Friday night because of Golf or work due to injuries and have the knack of picking another crook.

i have to say i was cursing myself for missing the Wales trip, especially even though the golf im playing these days is actually the best i have ever played apart from 1 thing my putting :twisted: has been my strongest point for a few years now, but the last 3 or 4 months ive struggled. i played 13 consectutive comps off of 12.9, though last 4 singles comps has seen me drift to 13.3.

a few of you have my mobile number, if ever you fancy a game im off Wednesdays and Sundays, but it would have to be this way or reasonably close. also feel free to text me any golf days and if i can possibly make i will try. i would love to try 2 or 3 trips the Celtic Manor, a final trip to Scotland and just wished over all these years it would of been possible to of arranged something abroad, but at moment id not be able to committ and i know it might sound stupid but if im not looking at fiso i cant hate having to miss what does happen :lol:

i played a course a month or so ago and its superb value http://www.themillbrook.com/pages.php/index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

anyway thanks again for all kind words,

Sim
Treebeard

Post by Sim »

Take care Alan. I still remember the days when you were the most prolific poster here.

trampie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by trampie »

You dont need to leave FISO mun just because you are giving up fantasy games, you can still comment on various sports. :wink:

tclist
Grumpy Old Man

Post by tclist »

Sod off yah miserable git :P

polarbear
The Blobmeister: Wales 2015
FS Record: 2010 Scottish FISO Open Golf Champion
4th Place overall OFL Fantasy Golf 2015
Sams FISO Golf Series Winner 2016 & 2019

Post by polarbear »

Good to hear you are back gainfully employed, Alan

I remember our first meeting at Gullane, when I had the honour of sharing a buggy with you (I didn't realise at the time nobody shares a buggy with AJC! :) )

Fantasy games are in your blood, so I suspect we may see you lurking occasionally :P

All the best for whatever the future holds for you!

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “General Fantasy Sports (FS) Notices & Comments”