To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

The "I'm not playing FS this summer" thread

A forum for general Fantasy Sports notices & comment that don't relate specifically to one sport or one fantasy sports game.
Mystery
FISO Knight
FS Record: 116th in TFF 05/06

The "I'm not playing FS this summer" thread

Post by Mystery »

I'd just like it to be known that:-

1. I am not playing FS of any kind this summer and am instead concentrating on the serious business of spending my winnings from my 07/08 superleague.

2. I have not taken any interest in some Euro whatever it is kickabout that I'm reliably informed is taking place at present. I have no idea of any results from that tournament and could not care less. This makes me happy.

3. During this summer I might well watch some motor racing and reserve the right to become hot and bothered about the lack of justice in that sport - but I'll try not to be any more grumpy than I am during real footy season.

4. I might vaguely take an interest in cricket or golf, but definitely not from a fantasy sports angle.

5. I reserve the right to possibly watch Big Brother but have so far confined myself to the launch show only. I don't believe my life has been adversely affected yet.

6. I also reserve the right to look faintly bored should anyone take the mistaken belief that I should be interested in the Euro kickabout just because I happened to organise my work superleague. I'm not - see #2 above - and no i wouldn't be interested if England, Scotland, Alderney etc were playing in it.

7. I might well see less of FISO during the summer, largely because enormous sections of it are of no interest to me. This is good for you all - enjoy the break. My statistical mumbo jumbo and dubious advice shall return.

That's unburdened me nicely thank you very much. Whilst I'm not normally prone to "me me me" threads, I now give this one to you all to celebrate those of us who really couldn't give a stuff about Euro 08 and have heard more than enough about it already, and are enjoying the rest from worrying about subs, transfers and matches you'd otherwise not care less about.

TheTon
FISO Knight

Re: The "I'm not playing FS this summer" thread

Post by TheTon »

Mystery wrote: That's unburdened me nicely thank you very much. Whilst I'm not normally prone to "me me me" threads, I now give this one to you all to celebrate those of us who really couldn't give a stuff about Euro 08 and have heard more than enough about it already, and are enjoying the rest from worrying about subs, transfers and matches you'd otherwise not care less about.
My summer would be incomplete if i didnt feel this. Its like having a dream job for 6 months, then suddenly being offered a 12 month contract!! I am sorry you feel the way you do :cry:

tommymooney
FISO Knight

Post by tommymooney »

I see where your coming from, but I have decided to concentrate completely on the cricket as it is a summer game, and ignore the Euro whatsowhatever. I would agree that ignoring Euros has not reduced the enjoyment of my summer by even 1%.

Mystery
FISO Knight

Post by Mystery »

It's worrying really - I think I'm starting to pine for TFF. Still definitely not interested in the Euro kickabout. Took a passing interest in cricket when watching Napier smash 6s all over the ground on Tuesday night.

But disturbingly I'm anxiously awaiting TFF (or even FPL at a push) player lists, with a poised spreadsheet just waiting to interpret whatever nonsense I discover. Just waiting to find that dream starting XI (or more accurately the usual bunch of old toss that passes for a great starting XI but no doubt I'll spend all of September fixing).

Even more worryingly I felt inclined to e-mail TFF to ask when the player lists will be out and do they have any sneaky rules/T&C changes to try and exclude the likes of me - might as well give the newspaper a head start if they have any tricks to pull like last year.

Yes my friends - I need a life (or beer....)

The Ledge
Dumbledore
FS Record: 6th place TFF finish, MotW winner, Highest Climber and Div 15 champ.

Post by The Ledge »

I'm getting very worried that I'm not pissing myself with the excitement that takes over me every year about this time :? Normally I'm all prepped and ready for the player lists to come out, but so far I haven't even given it a thought. Is there something wrong with me? Should I see a doctor? Or even worse... HAVE I NOW GOT A LIFE? :shock:

Hopefully after this silly Euro tournament's over and done with my TFF juices will come to the fore and the buzz will come back... at least I pray it does.

When are we expecting the player lists out this year? I'm away the w/c 21st July for a few days although admittedly with the transfer mill still to begin, picking a team early is wasted. I'm also playing in a Silloth on the day the season begins - mark me down a point for disloyalty to TFF!

Mystery
FISO Knight

Post by Mystery »

The Ledge wrote:Or even worse... HAVE I NOW GOT A LIFE? :shock:
You're posting here so I doubt it :wink:
When are we expecting the player lists out this year? I'm away the w/c 21st July for a few days although admittedly with the transfer mill still to begin picking a team early is wasted. I'm also playing in a Silloth on the day the season begins - mark me down a point for loyalty to TFF!
I'm going to have to look up what a Silloth is but that's not important right now. I'm guessing that there'll be a mention for it whenever the final results are in the paper for TFFE, so since I haven't the faintest when that might be I'll hazard a guess that we'll find out either next week, or when the paper responds to my message.

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Post by murf »

I've had (/am having) my now customary summer off from fantasy Sports (bar the odd bit of year long and fantasy cycling) and can't say I'm missing them at all. In fact I find it amusing when I occassionally dip into a fantasy Cricket / Euro 2008 thread and see you all stressing over transfers etc :twisted:

If I still feel like this in August I might have the winter off too! :shock: I'm certainly entering less next year in order to reduce the time stolen by these games.

(First televised Liverpool friendly is only two weeks away though :wink: )

Mystery
FISO Knight

Post by Mystery »

murf wrote:In fact I find it amusing when I occassionally dip into a fantasy Cricket / Euro 2008 thread and see you all stressing over transfers etc :twisted:
Glad it's not just me :lol:

Lucky7s
Dumbledore

Post by Lucky7s »

Same for me too. :D
No fantasy games entered this summer and loving it. 8-)
I couldn't go the whole winter though. :shock:

Incidently, I have the Lucky 7's pre season friendly comp penciled in to start running from July 19th.

The Ledge
Dumbledore
FS Record: 6th place TFF finish, MotW winner, Highest Climber and Div 15 champ.

Post by The Ledge »

Mystery wrote:I'm going to have to look up what a Silloth is but that's not important right now.
Silloth - a golf competition in which the members of the club hosting the event invite a member from another club to play in a fourball... aka a piss up :D

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “General Fantasy Sports (FS) Notices & Comments”