To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

OFL ISO 2016/17

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games offered by Fantasy League Limited (OFL).
mclaren74
Treebeard

Re: OFL ISO 2016/17

Post by mclaren74 »

I have kept my paint dry so far but this weekend it's coming out and I am going to have make a few transfers.

Britinus
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Britinus »

Save me trolling through everyone's team, anyone managed to bring in Sanchez with out transferring Aguero out and if so how did you manage it.

Malrom
FISO Knight

Post by Malrom »

Britinus wrote:Save me trolling through everyone's team, anyone managed to bring in Sanchez with out transferring Aguero out and if so how did you manage it.
I do not have Sanchez.....

But I was top a few weeks ago, but nov I'm second to last...... what a ride..... :shock: :shock:

bspittles
Dumbledore

Post by bspittles »

Britinus wrote:Save me trolling through everyone's team, anyone managed to bring in Sanchez with out transferring Aguero out and if so how did you manage it.
I don't, but could do it by selling either Payet or Mahrez.

Britinus
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Britinus »

bspittles wrote: I don't, but could do it by selling either Payet or Mahrez.
I assume you have money in the bank then otherwise surely you'd have to sell other players as well.

bspittles
Dumbledore

Post by bspittles »

Britinus wrote:
bspittles wrote: I don't, but could do it by selling either Payet or Mahrez.
I assume you have money in the bank then otherwise surely you'd have to sell other players as well.
I do, I like to keep transfers and a bit of cash for the knock out stages.

Malrom
FISO Knight

Post by Malrom »

Malrom wrote:
I do not have Sanchez.....

But I was top a few weeks ago, but nov I'm second to last...... what a ride..... :shock: :shock:
2 and 1/2 months later I'm 3rd.... the ride continues :D :D

coleridge
Grumpy Old Man

Post by coleridge »

It's been a tumultuous season so far. I think my team has occupied every league position so far except first. Probably the most open and competitive league ever at this stage, with Pretty much everyone still in contention.

Biscuitman
FISOhead
FS Record: 10th TFFO 2009/10

Post by Biscuitman »

I might be wrong, but it feels like the average transfers burnt at this stage is a bit higher than in recent seasons. On that front, Coleridge, you are in good shape with the lowest no of transfers used in the top 10 (yep, I was bored at work...) Agree it's been close nip and tuck most of the season and would be good to have an exciting finish. Reigning champion Northern Monkey will need to keep fingers tightly crossed, though, having burnt 23 transfers...!

coleridge
Grumpy Old Man

Post by coleridge »

Burnt a couple of transfers over the weekend with view to the pointless objective of having occupied every single league position. :roll: Simple things.... :lol:

reds363
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL 28th 06/07; TFFO 3rd 09/10; TFF 3rd 12/13

Post by reds363 »

We've got an all-ISO Champions League match... reds v bal in the first knockout round. (Kickoff isn't until 1st April :shock: )

Biscuitman
FISOhead

Post by Biscuitman »

I see on another OFL forum that the Classic version is to be discontinued at the end of this season. Mention of some email from Squawka explaining this. If so, it's a shame, and raises the question of where we could migrate to next (if anywhere)? The website remains substandard and the prize money too fragmented (imho), but it nevertheless remains enjoyable to play. Seems a bit shortsighted before they've even tried to revamp or advertise it. But I haven't seen the finances, of course.

Biscuitman
FISOhead

Post by Biscuitman »

....just as I've got all 3 of my teams into the second round of the Champions League knockout...!

Britinus
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Britinus »

I've one team left in Champs league. now down to 128 teams left in. 2nd in league and 3 knockout wins, and 3 more rounds to reach last 16. I'm worn out. :lol:

Britinus
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Britinus »

end of run, lost 23-22 took a gamble using one of my last two transfers on Benteke :( fun while it lasted though.

Northernmonkey
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 8th TFFO 2008/09

Post by Northernmonkey »

Really sad to see this go :(

Well done Sowenna and Coleridge, looks like a two horse shoot-out for the ISO title.

Sorry my starting line up didn't work out so well. Bar a few season-long stayers like Courtois/Alderweireld/Siggy, other players I thought would be safe picks were anything but (Smalling/Mahrez/Bellerin/Payet who?!?), while the cheap gambles were sh*te from the off! (Ibe/Loftus-Cheek :oops: )

I wish i could say try again next year, so whoever wins if the energy is there to resurrect this in a different form count me in.

bal
Treebeard

Post by bal »

Have visited the forum for the first time in months and am very sad about the pending demise of OFL. Although I was a TFFO man, like Vid my first intro to winning in fantasy footy was the Classic monthly prizes (in the months when vid didn't win. OFLhas the best format for keeping players interested for the whole season. Anyway one bright note; my ISO team has made the Champions League final. I'm not optimistic but at least I've won something :-)

coleridge
Grumpy Old Man

Post by coleridge »

Thanks Northernmonkey. Everything still up in the air going into the last day, especially as Sowenna still has two transfers in their back pocket.
Like yourself I would still be up for it next season whichever way the cards fall on Sunday.
Good luck in the premier league final bal.

Britinus
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Britinus »

Well done Bal for coming 7th in the sprint.
Sorry we shan't be around next season.

coleridge
Grumpy Old Man

Post by coleridge »

I'd be happy to take it on to another game if there is sufficient interest. My personal preference would be Sky, but happy to give anything a go if there is a general consensus for something else.
I will check in periodically over the summer to see if there are any thoughts, if not eternal ISO champion has a nice ring to it. :D

bal
Treebeard

Post by bal »

7th at least gave me a small profit (I only entered two teams). I'm happy to play FISO in another comp next year. I'm not sure what comp to play next time out. I need one that gives some chance if winning prizes, allows Australian entrants and doesn't favour multiple entrants too much. Any thoughts?

coleridge
Grumpy Old Man

Post by coleridge »

bal, can you access the sky game in Aus?
As for winning prizes, the game is free to play, so huge entries,(although only two teams per person) consequently hard to win prizes but they do offer private cash mini leagues, maybe we could have a private £5 or £10 iso mini league, obviously the more entries the better the prize.

Ashers
FISO Knight
FS Record: OFL Fantasy Fives Winner 2011/2012, SDT wins WDT, weekly, monthly and seasonal prizes. Fantasy Darts daily winner, TFFO mini league winner & FISO U21 Threes Champs 13.

Post by Ashers »

Only issue with Sky is that you will hinder the teams of you say no changes until x point. You need to be on top of Sky to ensure you have a chance.

However, having us all start with the same team would work.

coleridge
Grumpy Old Man

Post by coleridge »

Cheers for your thoughts Ashers.
I don't think the first weekend should be an issue with sky, providing we get initial line up right, with strong captains choices.
Where I like sky over the other options is the first match of the day deadline means it's less time consuming, also I have always found it far easier to finish top 100, compared to the telegraph, despite it having more than twice the entries, because of the two team limit.

Northernmonkey
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 8th TFFO 2008/09

Post by Northernmonkey »

I'd be up for the Sky game, though I've never played it. I'd also be up for a cheeky side-bet if people fancy.

I've gone right off TFF, and FPL wouldn't work for ISO. So Sky sounds like a winner. As ISO champ Coleridge I reckon you should probably get the deciding vote on this. It'd be good to decide early, just so people know where to go come Jul/Aug.

coleridge
Grumpy Old Man

Post by coleridge »

Thanks for the support Northernmonkey.
Maybe a cash mini league would potentially keep people interested.
I think all money paid into the league is redistributed as prizes and you can have 1st50%, 2nd 25%, 3rd 15%, 4th10%.
It wouldn't work out any more expensive than Ofl as the initial entry is free, but with this we would keep our money amongst ourselves.
Probably a moot point, but there are usually prizes for the best private cash mini leagues. I was fortunate enough to share in five grand (I think) when a Fiso league won a few years ago.

Sowenna
Red & Blue Braces
FS Record: The Graduates - FISO 5AS H2H Champions 13/14

Post by Sowenna »

The only problem i can see with the Sky game is that it is only for UK residents, so that would exclude me !

congratulations on winning Coleridge, you having Kane scuppered me in the final week, it was a close run in though !

coleridge
Grumpy Old Man

Post by coleridge »

Hi Sowenna. Thank you. Yes it was really close. I was ready to concede after the Wednesday results. I was sure you were going to use your last two transfers to cover Kane and to be fair, if you had, you would have smashed me.
Sorry I didn't know sky was unavailable outside UK. I'm pretty open to any game. Any idea what games are open to you ?

Sowenna
Red & Blue Braces
FS Record: The Graduates - FISO 5AS H2H Champions 13/14

Post by Sowenna »

I think this is where there will be a problem, TFF and Sky are limited to UK residents only, and now with the demise of OFL classic, unless someone else knows better then there is only FPL where everyone can have the same team.
Also OFL the scoring was simple 3pts for a goal and clean sheet 2pts for assists with other games the scoring is complicated.
So as I see it, its the demise of my favourite game and nothing on the horizon to replace it.

coleridge
Grumpy Old Man

Post by coleridge »

I would have no problem with fpl, but as it's only one team per person, it maybe an issue for people who already play in leagues.
So we have two imperfect options in sky and fpl so far.
I will keep canvassing opinion over the summer and go from there. Please anyone with any thoughts chip in.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Original Fantasy League (OFL) Football games”