To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

OFL ISO 2016/17

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games offered by Fantasy League Limited (OFL).
jsfl

Re: OFL ISO 2016/17

Post by jsfl »

Good luck everybody! We're going to need it after -6 from Bellerin and Monreal today. (Not a complaint. I thought the ISO squad looked great when I first saw it and I still do.)

skip
Red & Blue Braces
FS Record: UFPL beta winner 2014, OFL ISO winner 2013

Post by skip »

Those Arsenal defenders will make things interesting for us!

Malrom
FISO Knight

Post by Malrom »

A very bad start with 2 ARS defenders ....... :shock: :shock: :shock:

Northernmonkey
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 8th TFFO 2008/09

Post by Northernmonkey »

Oops :shock:

Didn't see that coming. Get rid at your peril, they'll get a run of cleanies soon and we'll be all smiles.

All about week 2 :mrgreen:

Northernmonkey
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Northernmonkey »

There's always one who cocks up the first weekend supersubs and ends up on a different score, but this year all 21 sides got it spot on :)

Aside from Smalling (suspended) we had just one no-show I think in Loftus-Cheek who stayed on the bench tonight. Strange start with our pricey defenders picking up minus 6. Roll on next week!

Britinus
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Britinus »

Thoughts on Mkhitaryan, came on as sub, think he'll start games? can't see him as a 26m bench warmer.
Not sure about Loftus-Creek, could be like Oxford (WH) highly rated but played very few games last season and I was stuck with him all season, was so cheap I couldn't bring anyone else in.

Sowenna
Red & Blue Braces
FS Record: The Graduates - FISO 5AS H2H Champions 13/14

Post by Sowenna »

Gotta say I'm tempted to tinker with my lineup already, but I think I'm going to wait until the post euro cobwebs have cleared to see who's going to be worth their place. There are so many new big names this year who haven't played yet, it will be an interesting season me thinks.

Sowenna
Red & Blue Braces
FS Record: The Graduates - FISO 5AS H2H Champions 13/14

Post by Sowenna »

Britinus wrote:Thoughts on Mkhitaryan, came on as sub, think he'll start games? can't see him as a 26m bench warmer.
Not sure about Loftus-Creek, could be like Oxford (WH) highly rated but played very few games last season and I was stuck with him all season, was so cheap I couldn't bring anyone else in.

I have my doubts as well about Loftus-creek, surely if used will only be as a sub but how often?. Mkhitaryan must a regular starter at Man Utd along with Ibra and Pogba, I think this weekend we should start to see Mourhino's first choice team.

Northernmonkey
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Northernmonkey »

Mikhitaryan is just being eased in, but it's likely to be a frustrating ride with Loftus-cheek, he's the obvious one to upgrade isn't he.

Hard to read too much into one game but he stayed on the bench yesterday, as did Fabregas. While Batshuayi, Moses & Pedro got on. Question is how long do you give it.

My hunch is he's competing more with Batshuayi than their glut of midfielders. Conte's talked him up as a second striker, which is kind of what happened last night when Batshuayi came on. The other player they could have up there was Traore who they've now sent out on loan, which suggests Loftus-Cheek is in Conte's plans. Clearly he's not first choice, but I've been hoodwinked by the prospect of an occasional £3.4m Chelsea striker!

Evvy18
Treebeard

Post by Evvy18 »

Not liking the website. Touch areas too small to interact with an iPhone and then 20 mins so far trying via a PC just to do substitutions :twisted:

Could not get the save changes button to work. After numerous browser restarts finally managed to do so but can't go through this each week

bspittles
Dumbledore

Post by bspittles »

Evvy18 wrote:Not liking the website. Touch areas too small to interact with an iPhone and then 20 mins so far trying via a PC just to do substitutions :twisted:

Could not get the save changes button to work. After numerous browser restarts finally managed to do so but can't go through this each week
The iPhone app is great, much easier than using the website.

Evvy18
Treebeard

Post by Evvy18 »

Doh, feel like a muppet not knowing about the app!

Even my 14 year old gave me grief.

bspittles
Dumbledore

Post by bspittles »

Three early changes for me:

Monreal 4.4 => Friend 3.4
Mkhit 5 => Dawson 3.6
Loftus 3.4 => Redmond 4

I'd like to have done these in the right order to get some 2 for 1s, but I was a little hamstrung by the values!

Bringing in Redmond is an obvious decision, the others were to provide better balance and ensure all my players played each week. I now have money to bring in Carroll before Sunday's game :-)

Northernmonkey
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Northernmonkey »

No way Jose, both Smalling and Mkhitaryan benched :evil:

Mkhitaryan I can understand but not Smalling

Looks like a few got a bit frisky with the subs already, lots of Redmonds coming in and plenty culling Monreal and Loftus Cheek!

Britinus
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Britinus »

Tried to bring in Ibra just couldn't do it without ruining the team so settled on Shaw and Pogba.

Northernmonkey
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Northernmonkey »

Britinus wrote:Tried to bring in Ibra just couldn't do it without ruining the team so settled on Shaw and Pogba.
Good call.. Gotta be happy with Shaw and both looked awesome tonight.

Now then, how to engineer in Zlatan :?

Britinus
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Britinus »

let me know how :wink:
think I'd even drop Pogba even though just brought him in, for Ibra . Maybe give it a couple more matches, Pogba did look good but just feel Ibra is going to outscore him esp. taking pens.

snout
FISO Knight
FS Record: a slice of that cake, over there

Post by snout »

Unfortunately I didn't get a chance to put in a team this year. I was too busy visiting the Edinburgh Fringe and then walking in the Lakes for a few days. Only just managed to get my "normal" teams done in time.

Next year I hope to be back to reclaim my rightful status of mid-table mediocrity!

Northernmonkey
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Northernmonkey »

A better weekend so far. Our Arsenal rollercoaster made up lost ground and even a goal for Super Kev :)

Can see Aguero bagging 40 goals at this rate!

Britinus
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Britinus »

Northernmonkey wrote:
Britinus wrote:Tried to bring in Ibra just couldn't do it without ruining the team so settled on Shaw and Pogba.
Good call.. Gotta be happy with Shaw and both looked awesome tonight.

Now then, how to engineer in Zlatan :?
Tried various permutations and the only way as far as I can work it out is to sell 3 good midfield and buy in two real cheapies and Zlatan. But my feeling is that 3 good midfield will outscore Zlatan over a full season, so I'm sticking with what I've got.....maybe :wink:

Northernmonkey
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Northernmonkey »

Think you're right, though looks like Malrom's taken the plunge!

I was going to wait until Sept before tinkering, but had a minor dabble yesterday. First out was Mkhitaryan, who I'm sure will come good but at £5m is too pricey to play second fiddle to Mata, or rely on how Jose feels on the day. Only 2 games in but it seems Man U have a glut of £25m+ midfielders these days and that price tag doesn't guarantee you a start.

I fancied freeing up some money and Ramirez looked quite tidy in the first match (and looking at his stats at the end of last season too for 'Boro). So in he came for an extra game, albeit a pointless one.

Got £1.4m in the bank, now just gotta decide what to do with it! Think I might just wait until Sept :?

Malrom
FISO Knight

Post by Malrom »

Northernmonkey wrote:Think you're right, though looks like Malrom's taken the plunge!

I was going to wait until Sept before tinkering, but had a minor dabble yesterday. First out was Mkhitaryan, who I'm sure will come good but at £5m is too pricey to play second fiddle to Mata, or rely on how Jose feels on the day. Only 2 games in but it seems Man U have a glut of £25m+ midfielders these days and that price tag doesn't guarantee you a start.

I fancied freeing up some money and Ramirez looked quite tidy in the first match (and looking at his stats at the end of last season too for 'Boro). So in he came for an extra game, albeit a pointless one.

Got £1.4m in the bank, now just gotta decide what to do with it! Think I might just wait until Sept :?
I do normally hesitate and hesitate until it's too late..... not this time.... :lol: :lol:

The Fat Skier
Treebeard

Post by The Fat Skier »

Couldn't resist making a couple of changes, international break or no international break, so Smalling and Mirallas out and Ramirez and Nolito in for today's games.

Britinus
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Britinus »

yes, good call, suspect most of us will bring him in at sometime.

Northernmonkey
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Northernmonkey »

I've tinkered too. Smalling I'm surprised by, but I can't see Jose changing a winning side for now that's keeping clean sheets so he's out.

Also I expected Loftus Cheek to at least get off the bench by now, but I fear he's just that bit too far down the pecking order until we see some injuries.

So yesterday I did

Loftus Cheek :arrow: Shaw

And today

Smalling :arrow: Williams
Ibe :arrow: Nolito

Britinus
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Britinus »

Anyone thinking of dropping Aguero, don't think I shall just for two pl games. Would mean a major reshuffle and since we don't have wildcards he's staying put.. Also one would want to bring him back in later anyway.

Northernmonkey
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Northernmonkey »

I won't be dropping Aguero, not for the sake of 2 PL games. The only temptation is a switch to Zlatan as you can get 3 games out of him in the meantime, personally I'd want to bring Aguero back so I don't think it's worth 2 transfers at this stage of the season. Though if making a more permanent move to Zlatan or other strikers then now is the time!

bspittles
Dumbledore

Post by bspittles »

Vardy in for Aguerro, nice fixtures and a 3 for 2 :-)

Biscuitman
FISOhead
FS Record: 10th TFFO 2009/10

Post by Biscuitman »

Interesting start to the season; a bit more predictable than last year and there are just 11 points separating top and bottom in our league. No one making a break for it yet... Taking a break from watching the paint dry, I also noticed that while some managers have yet to use a transfer, one or two have shot more bullets: ISO Marke 8, ISO Keele and Reds 7.

By far the most common number of transfers used is 5. I've used 2: Loftus-Cheek to Capoue, worked well; then Mkhitaryan to Barkley before last Monday's game, didn't work well with Barkley being subbed off at half time. I still think he'll score at least as many points as the tough-to-pronounce Armenian over the full season. Think Ibe will be going soon, and (surprisingly) Smalling.

Anyway, good luck to all. At least we're all moving up the overall table a bit recently.

Northernmonkey
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Northernmonkey »

Yep it's an interesting one! Everybody's going in different directions, which sums up the season so far in there are so many decent options. A few bargains are beginning to emerge in midfield but can the likes of Capoue, Antonio, Fer really keep this pace up?

Personally I've now gone Payet :arrow: Antonio to free up funds, and also got Hazard in who was starting to look a points magnet (until last weekend when I got him in that is). I'll see how that one goes, it's actually Costa who's more of a points magnet at Chelsea but a 2nd premium striker is too much of a stretch at the mo.

I've used 6 subs, shipped out all the non-starters plus some usual early tinkers.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Original Fantasy League (OFL) Football games”