To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

OFL ISO 2016/17

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games offered by Fantasy League Limited (OFL).
bspittles
Dumbledore

Re: OFL ISO 2016/17

Post by bspittles »

Maybe UFPL is they relaunch it this season?

coleridge
Grumpy Old Man

Post by coleridge »

Great shout bspittles. UFPL would be perfect, which almost certainly means they won't relaunch it.

Northernmonkey
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 8th TFFO 2008/09

Post by Northernmonkey »

I'd be well up for UFPL if it came back, I never got to play it. Sadly I don't think I ever will, there's probably as much chance of TFFO being resurrected.

FPL I've grown to like. I'm in 3 other leagues but I wouldn't mind committing to the ISO line up for my team, it just seems a bit anti-ISO when we all wildcard the entire squad after a few weeks.

I'm not sure how many ISO regulars are outside U.K. other than Bal, Malrom and Sowenna but it only seems right to stick together. So we need a game which permits overseas entries, is FPL the only option?

coleridge
Grumpy Old Man

Post by coleridge »

Despite having played Ufpl. I have never played fpl, but more than happy to give it a bash, if it works for everyone.

bspittles
Dumbledore

Post by bspittles »

I'm happy to use my FPL team for the ISO competition :-)

coleridge
Grumpy Old Man

Post by coleridge »

Seems to be a bit of a consensus building around ufpl/fpl.
If this is the route we eventually go down. I will be aware that this is peoples only team and try and build it as democratically as possible.

AJB1971
Kevin and Perry

Post by AJB1971 »

Sowenna wrote:I think this is where there will be a problem, TFF and Sky are limited to UK residents only, and now with the demise of OFL classic, unless someone else knows better then there is only FPL where everyone can have the same team.
Also OFL the scoring was simple 3pts for a goal and clean sheet 2pts for assists with other games the scoring is complicated.
So as I see it, its the demise of my favourite game and nothing on the horizon to replace it.
I see that you used to play - https://sportsdeck.com/au/epl/dreamteam/. Can I ask what you thought of the game?

Northernmonkey
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Northernmonkey »

Just a thought for next season..

OFL are offering classic players a go in their auction game for the same price as classic was (£10). This would mean ISO evolving into a different format entirely (the polar opposite of ISO with different players!), but means we can all play the game we love. Personally speaking none of my mates play OFL anymore, so I'm keen to give the auction a bash anyway if some people on here are keen.

Other than that FPL seems favourite, decent game, allows overseas entries too but isn't particularly ISO either with its format. I only say this with the number of free transfers (1 a week) and 2 free wildcards (option to transfer all 15 players in one go available after week 1). Most players tend to wildcard after a few weeks once the lineups have settled down a bit and the transfer window is closed. So we'd all end up with different teams too, bar the obvious must-have players.

The other thing with FPL is you only get 1 team. Personally I play in 4 different leagues with it, I'm fine to use the ISO starting line up but it just means my team name for my works league etc will be ISONorthernmonkey. It's minor, just a bit odd!

I don't think any game is a perfect fit, i'm just sticking an OFL auction out there as an option if people are up for it.

Britinus
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Britinus »

Not sure about auction game done on line especially with time differences, I'm 5 hours behind UK

bspittles
Dumbledore

Post by bspittles »

It's not a real time auction. You enter your bids and then they all get processed together.

coleridge
Grumpy Old Man

Post by coleridge »

I'm happy to go along with anything, although if we go down the auction route. I think it's only fair I pick all your teams. :lol:

bspittles
Dumbledore

Post by bspittles »

Maybe someone could run an ISO game using the opening FPL prices and a spreadsheet?

coleridge
Grumpy Old Man

Post by coleridge »

bspittles wrote:Maybe someone could run an ISO game using the opening FPL prices and a spreadsheet?

To be honest I would have neither the time or energy to do the admin side of this.
If someone else did though I would certainly be happy to give it a bash.

bal
Treebeard

Post by bal »

I'm happy to play ISO in any comp but as I'm in Western Oz it would need to accept overseas entrants

coleridge
Grumpy Old Man

Post by coleridge »

It looks unless ufpl reappears, fpl is going to be the best bet.
I know its a bit of change, but what do people think about ditching the ISO/username requirement?
That way its not so weird for people using their one team across a variety of leagues.

Tacalabala
FISO Knight

Post by Tacalabala »

Do let me know if you are coming to the dark side that is FPL, I may be able to accommodate a special ISO within the FISO Cup sidegame.

bspittles
Dumbledore

Post by bspittles »

UFPL is definitely not returning :-(

coleridge
Grumpy Old Man

Post by coleridge »

bspittles wrote:UFPL is definitely not returning :-(
:(

coleridge
Grumpy Old Man

Post by coleridge »

Tacalabala wrote:Do let me know if you are coming to the dark side that is FPL, I may be able to accommodate a special ISO within the FISO Cup sidegame.
Although I don't really know what you are talking about. Thanks I will give you a shout.
If we do go down the fpl route, you would of course be more than welcome to join us.
Unless of course you are too scared. :wink:

Britinus
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Britinus »

this sent pvt to me by nickcast, not sure why he didn't post on here to get more response, anyway, seems like it might work.

With Fantasy Classic no longer running, why do you not consider entering one of the Fantrax leagues I will be running in the new season.

There is a small entrance fee, for safety paid direct to the Fantrax Treasurer but ALL fees collected are returned as Prize Money at the end of the season.

If you are interested please contact nickcast@blueyonder.co.uk

coleridge
Grumpy Old Man

Post by coleridge »

Britinus wrote:this sent pvt to me by nickcast, not sure why he didn't post on here to get more response, anyway, seems like it might work.

With Fantasy Classic no longer running, why do you not consider entering one of the Fantrax leagues I will be running in the new season.

There is a small entrance fee, for safety paid direct to the Fantrax Treasurer but ALL fees collected are returned as Prize Money at the end of the season.

If you are interested please contact nickcast@blueyonder.co.uk
I had the same message and have had some correspondence. I have asked them to post here so everyone can see.

Sadly though it appears that it wouldn't be suitable for us, with unique teams and only ten players per league.

Fpl still looking like the best bet, perhaps as I suggested earlier with the ISO/username restriction dropped so its not awkward for people who enter multiple leagues.

Ashers
FISO Knight
FS Record: OFL Fantasy Fives Winner 2011/2012, SDT wins WDT, weekly, monthly and seasonal prizes. Fantasy Darts daily winner, TFFO mini league winner & FISO U21 Threes Champs 13.

Post by Ashers »

Have you considered The Sun or TFF?

coleridge
Grumpy Old Man

Post by coleridge »

Ashers wrote:Have you considered The Sun or TFF?
I don't think they allow oversea entries do they?

This was what scuppered the sky option.

Ashers
FISO Knight
FS Record: OFL Fantasy Fives Winner 2011/2012, SDT wins WDT, weekly, monthly and seasonal prizes. Fantasy Darts daily winner, TFFO mini league winner & FISO U21 Threes Champs 13.

Post by Ashers »

coleridge wrote:
Ashers wrote:Have you considered The Sun or TFF?
I don't think they allow oversea entries do they?

This was what scuppered the sky option.
Nope, shame as they would have worked well.

Northernmonkey
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Northernmonkey »

Definitely if it's FPL choose whatever team names, effectively it'll end up just being a mini-league of exISO'ers as we can change the entire squad in week 2 via a wildcard.

Separately I just got emailed about the OFL auction, it sounds bloody great and personally I'd be more up for trying that if people are up for it. I can't see a FISO auction exists, but maybe it's time to start one? Keep the OFL tumbleweed in this forum alive a little longer!

Britinus
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Britinus »

definitely if it's FPL choose whatever team names, effectively it'll end up just being a mini-league of exISO'ers as we can change the entire squad in week 2 via a wildcard

Wouldn't think many takers on that one, with only one team allowed I wouldn't be prepared to lose my wildcard on 2nd week....mind you if it's a really good team we wouldn't need to use the wildcard.... :lol:

Northernmonkey
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Northernmonkey »

Britinus wrote: Wouldn't think many takers on that one, with only one team allowed I wouldn't be prepared to lose my wildcard on 2nd week....mind you if it's a really good team we wouldn't need to use the wildcard.... :lol:
Yeah you're right for week 2, I think it's a case of could more than would though. Depending on games I usually use my first wildcard just after the first transfer deadline. There's only 3 games before then.

coleridge
Grumpy Old Man

Post by coleridge »

Britinus wrote:definitely if it's FPL choose whatever team names, effectively it'll end up just being a mini-league of exISO'ers as we can change the entire squad in week 2 via a wildcard

Wouldn't think many takers on that one, with only one team allowed I wouldn't be prepared to lose my wildcard on 2nd week....mind you if it's a really good team we wouldn't need to use the wildcard.... :lol:
If we were to give fpl a bash I would try and pick the most consensual team possible, hopefully negating the need for a early wildcard.

coleridge
Grumpy Old Man

Post by coleridge »

I guess we are approaching the time when a decision needs to be made, so let's see if there is sufficient interest in anything.

So in true multiple choice style, lets have your thoughts.

A. Fpl without the ISO name restriction and the initial team picked as consensually as possible.

B. Sky in a £5 or £10 mini league, keeping the ISO username etc.

C. Either of the above

D. Not really interested or it's not practical to play ISO this year.

E. Any other preference, please elaborate.

coleridge
Grumpy Old Man

Post by coleridge »

Oh and for me it's C.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Original Fantasy League (OFL) Football games”