To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

OFL ISO 2016/17

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games offered by Fantasy League Limited (OFL).
Northernmonkey
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 8th TFFO 2008/09

Re: OFL ISO 2016/17

Post by Northernmonkey »

Even if Loftus Cheek got half the points Alli got last season I'd take that for £3.4m. He started up front last night in a friendly against Liverpool, and was awarded player of the tournament in the Toulon U21's which England won. I think he'll gradually get more pitch time this season so for that money he's in.

Barring injury I can't see much changing to the team now. My only question mark is the CB''s, having Stones would be good as a City move looks imminent. Its always iffy in ISO terms depending when the transfer goes through, we all need to start with the same team (with the player representing the same club).

Also right now if Aguero got injured there's no scope to bring in Kane, Zlatan, Costa or Sanchez without 2 subs as those clubs are maxed out. Makes it interesting though!

Northernmonkey
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Northernmonkey »

7 teams accepted into the league so far.

Be good to see some new faces as well as old ones. Everyone welcome.

With a new partner Sqauwka I'm hopeful the web issues of last season are behind us, so far it's been flawless. Still the finest fantasy footy game out there, get your teams in :D

ISO Northernmonkey
ISO Keele United
ISO Sowenna
ISO_Evvy
ISO bspittles
ISO the triple c's
ISO Biscuitman

Keele United
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Keele United »

Im mulling these changes but have to say midfield looks awesome

Northernmonkey
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Northernmonkey »

Keele United wrote:Im mulling these changes but have to say midfield looks awesome
Cheers. It's looking a bit tasty isn't it, tbh I can't see the team changing now bar any major objections or brainwaves.

I'd love to slot in Zlatan somehow, but not at the expense of Aguero. Having both is crippling though I'm sure a few sides will end up like that.

Got scope to get another striker in with so many premium midfielders and downgradable defenders once the season starts.

If Mahrez is a one season wonder he'd be favourite for the chop, but at £5.6m for a potential 70+ points he's streets ahead of any cheap strikers (for now anyway)

marke192
Treebeard
FS Record: 17th TFFO 07/08,10th 08/09, TFFO ISO winner 07/08, OFL ISO winner 13/14, OFL 2nd 13/14

Post by marke192 »

I'm in to play again this season.

mclaren74
Treebeard

Post by mclaren74 »

Count me in again

Northernmonkey
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Northernmonkey »

12 now accepted into the league, plus several more pending from this thread. Looking like a decent turnout, keep the teams coming all new faces welcome :)

Lots of rumours in the gutter press about Mahrez to Arsenal today. Just hope if it goes through it happens after the season starts, puts a right spanner in ISO otherwise if it's imminent. Will be watching closely!

ISO Northernmonkey
ISO Keele United
ISO Sowenna
ISO_Evvy
ISO bspittles
ISO the triple c's
ISO BiscuitmaN
ISO Menace43
ISO Britinus
ISO coleridge
ISO Mclaren74
ISO Arabian knight

Biscuitman
FISOhead
FS Record: 10th TFFO 2009/10

Post by Biscuitman »

I'm more than happy to go with your choice, Northern Monkey. Have not had a lot of time to study the prices, look at new signings etc. But your squad looks good to me so far and there don't look to be many obvious value picks among the strikers - so I'd support your view of going with 1 to start, preferring the more tried and trusted mids at a reasonable price. I'd expect to bring in a 2nd striker myself within the first 4-5 weeks, but impossible (for me) to say who that might be at this stage. A little uneasy maybe about 2 Arsenal defenders, given this might make bringing in (say) Ozil harder should he go on a roll like last season. But you will have doubtless have weighed up the pros and cons of this and, as I said, overall looks very solid.

Northernmonkey
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Northernmonkey »

Biscuitman wrote:A little uneasy maybe about 2 Arsenal defenders, given this might make bringing in (say) Ozil harder should he go on a roll like last season. But you will have doubtless have weighed up the pros and cons of this and, as I said, overall looks very solid.
Cheers Biscuitman. It's a similar tale with 2 players from ARS, MUN, CHE, TOT.. the first round of subs will be interesting!

Given their Euro runs I think the Arsenal midfield and up top will be a bit random to start while the likes of Ozil, Giroud, Ramsey are eased back in. If the 2FB's score like last season they'll be decent value, and will probably outscore most Arsenal midfielders. I think we'll see Walcott and Ox potentially score ok in the early games, but history tells you not for very long before they get crocked, dropped or rotated. Ozil I'd love to have in, I got him in early last year but £6m is a bit steep to start.

The new Leicester forward Musa looks handy, one to keep an eye on after last night at 6m. Club record buy and a cracking first goal against Barca!

Toying with the idea of swapping Mirallas for Deulofeu who's starting all the friendlies and looking good, but I think Mirallas is more of a goal threat even if that comes from the bench. Could flip a coin as they're playing in the same kind of position. Sure one or both will be injured by October anyway!

Britinus
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Britinus »

Food for thought, noticed Loftus-Cheek did not feature last night and only played 4 games last season, has he in any other pre season yet?
Would it not be better to have say Gosling (Bou) who played 28 games. Admittedly points to games wasn't as good but you might as well have a player who's playing regularly than one sitting on the bench. Plus I have a feeling Chelsea are going to do well this season, which will save a transfer if you wanted to bring in two high profile players later.

Northernmonkey
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Northernmonkey »

Britinus wrote:Would it not be better to have say Gosling (Bou) who played 28 games.
You're welcome to transfer in Gosling after the season starts :wink:

I'm hearing you on risks of lower game time, though with no appearance points in OFL I've never favoured that type of player. I wouldn't expect Loftus-Cheek to be first choice, but I would expect him to come off the bench a fair bit and get goals and assists which is what counts. I think there's a chance he'll go out on loan, possibly to another premier league side where he'd play more regularly. But if he stays at Chelsea they seem to be playing with 2 strikers a lot in pre-season, and he's been tried out there (and scored). They may sign another striker, but I can see Remy leaving and I'd love to see Chelsea put some faith in youth for once. At £3.4m for me it's more exciting than a more regular plodder with little points potential.

According to Mr Conte on the CFC site from one of the earlier friendlies..

‘Ruben is young with great potential. I like him a lot in the position of striker. He can improve a lot because he has great potential, good technique, good personality and he is good one v one.

‘Every manager has their own idea about a system of play. In this system, with two midfielders, Ruben can play close to the other forward but become a forward when we have the ball. He has the right characteristics to play in this position and he showed that today.'

Britinus
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Britinus »

Point taken, unless of course they do buy Lukaku but then he'll probably be loaned out.

Northernmonkey
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Northernmonkey »

Just accepted ISO Malrom and ISO Skip into the league. Up to 14.. keep them coming!

I also got a join request from fabian67 team name Donkey Kong Jnrs. If playing ISO can you change the line up and team name to ISO then your FISO user name. Or if you meant to join the FISO league the details are in the other thread, for now I rejected but you're welcome to join us in ISO if you fancy, just need to read the opening post on how to set your team up :)

The Fat Skier
Treebeard

Post by The Fat Skier »

I'd like to do this again. Join request sent. Squad looks good to me.

Northernmonkey
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Northernmonkey »

The Fat Skier wrote:I'd like to do this again. Join request sent. Squad looks good to me.
Here come the big guns :wink:

Squad endorsed by an OFL champ.. good enough for me!

Keele United
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Keele United »

Im not sure about Miralles and his playing time at that price...

Northernmonkey
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Northernmonkey »

Keele United wrote:Im not sure about Miralles and his playing time at that price...
I'll finalise the squad tomorrow night after the last batch of friendlies. Super Kev played 90 mins today, from the match reports he sounded pretty lively.

Who would you pick instead?

coleridge
Grumpy Old Man

Post by coleridge »

Feghouli ? Allowing you to upgrade Gibson or Loftus cheek.

Northernmonkey
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Northernmonkey »

Right, thanks for all the suggestions. I've mulled it all over and in the end I've decided to stick with the same line up as in the opening post. Most have their teams set up OK already, and I'm happy with the squad as is.

A few votes for Feghouli, he does look decent but with Payet already in the team, and a trip to the African nations writing off a chunk of fixtures for Feghouli I've decided to stick with Mirallas to start.

Lots of scope for downgrades and upgrades with the squad as it is, so fill your boots after the Monday night game next week.

Please play everyone in the first weekend, no benching so we all end up with the same score. Don't be alarmed to not see Smalling next weekend as he's suspended for the first game, Ibe would've scored against him anyway :wink:

16 teams in now, be great to see a few more if anyone fancies playing.

Good luck :D

Biscuitman
FISOhead
FS Record: 10th TFFO 2009/10

Post by Biscuitman »

Team set up - it's still a painful, painful website!

Keele United
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Keele United »

Ok so off we go then ...Monkey if I was you Id write the rules on the chat line on the site aswell...at least the one about everyone has to play the first round of fixtures....theres always one numpty that dosnt....thanks for organizing this....the ISO team is one of my Favorite teams....alot of quality opposition....and usually fun to talk to aswell...Good Luck Gents :D

Northernmonkey
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Northernmonkey »

Blimey what a day. All sorts going on Pogba, Stones now Williams, Kone, Benteke, Bolasie :shock:

A few cracking buys if/when some of these go through. All come a bit late for ISO, but I can see a few early transfers!

Northernmonkey
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Northernmonkey »

Final call for any more ISO teams.. we're up to 18 now confirmed in the league :)

A few previous champs yet to surface.. Reds363, Blessedbrian, Bal. Come on fellas.

Any new players you're welcome to join us. All details in the opening post.

Britinus
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Britinus »

18 isn't too bad considering. Thanks for all your endeavours Northernmonkey,
Good luck all :?

Malrom
FISO Knight

Post by Malrom »

Is that still the chosen team?

T Courtois CHE 4.1

N Monreal ARS 4.4

H Bellerin ARS 4.5

C Smalling MU 4.5

T Alderweireld TOT 4.4

B Gibson MID 3.5

R Mahrez LEI 5.6

H Mkhitaryan MU 5.0

R Firmino LIV 5.0

D Payet WH 5.5

K Mirallas EVE 4.1

E Lamela TOT 4.1

J Ibe BOU 3.8

R Loftus-Cheek CHE 3.4

G Sigurdsson SWA 4.6

S Aguero MC 8.5

Northernmonkey
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Northernmonkey »

Yep - that's the puppy.

Northernmonkey
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Northernmonkey »

Got a random ISO join request for this side..

night rider returns fc Andy Barnham

I rejected for now as it looks like you meant to join the main FISO league, details in the other thread if you want to resend. Or if you fancy joining ISO, the players & rules are in the opening post.

Malrom
FISO Knight

Post by Malrom »

And that's how your team should look like! Remember the rules!
I just hope I did the right thing! :lol: :lol:

13/08/2016 12:30:00 Match
T Courtois CHE
H Bellerin ARS
N Monreal ARS
B Gibson MID
C Smalling MU
T Alderweireld TOT
R Mahrez LEI v Hull (A)
R Firmino LIV
H Mkhitaryan MU
D Payet WH
S Aguero MC

13/08/2016 15:00:00 Match
T Courtois CHE
H Bellerin ARS
N Monreal ARS
B Gibson MID v Stoke (H)
C Smalling MU
T Alderweireld TOT v Everton (A)
K Mirallas EVE v Tottenham (H)
G Sigurdsson SWA v Burnley (A)
E Lamela TOT v Everton (A)
D Payet WH
S Aguero MC

13/08/2016 17:30:00 Match
T Courtois CHE
H Bellerin ARS
N Monreal ARS
B Gibson MID
C Smalling MU
T Alderweireld TOT
R Mahrez LEI
R Firmino LIV
H Mkhitaryan MU
D Payet WH
S Aguero MC v Sunderland (H

14/08/2016 13:30:00 Match
T Courtois CHE
H Bellerin ARS
N Monreal ARS
B Gibson MID
C Smalling MU v Bournemouth (A)
T Alderweireld TOT
J Ibe BOU v Man Utd (H)
R Firmino LIV
H Mkhitaryan MU v Bournemouth (A)
D Payet WH
S Aguero MC

14/08/2016 16:00:00 Match
T Courtois CHE
H Bellerin ARS v Liverpool (H)
N Monreal ARS v Liverpool (H)
B Gibson MID
C Smalling MU
T Alderweireld TOT
R Mahrez LEI
R Firmino LIV v Arsenal (A)
H Mkhitaryan MU
D Payet WH
S Aguero MC

15/08/2016 20:00:00 Match
T Courtois CHE v West Ham (H)
H Bellerin ARS
N Monreal ARS
B Gibson MID
C Smalling MU
T Alderweireld TOT
R Loftus-Cheek CHE v West Ham (H)
R Mahrez LEI
H Mkhitaryan MU
D Payet WH v Chelsea (A)
S Aguero MC

Northernmonkey
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Northernmonkey »

A late flurry of entries and we now have 21 in.

Still room for more, but all teams checked over and here are the runners and riders for ISO 2016-17

ISO Northernmonkey
ISO Keele United
ISO Sowenna
ISO_Evvy
ISO bspittles
ISO the triple c's
ISO BiscuitmaN
ISO Menace43
ISO Britinus
ISO coleridge
ISO Mclaren74
ISO Arabian knight
ISO The Fat Skier
ISO Marke192
ISO Skip
ISO Malrom
ISO jsfl
ISO Fil16
ISO nbbbeee
ISO bal
ISO Reds363

Remember the golden rules for the opening weekend. Select everyone and no transfers until Tuesday after all games have been played. We should all be on the same score after Monday night.

Have fun, play nicely and good luck :D

The Fat Skier
Treebeard

Post by The Fat Skier »

Looks good. Thanks Jonny for your efforts in creating this season's starting squad. Good luck to all.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Original Fantasy League (OFL) Football games”