To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

OFL ISO 2013/14

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games offered by Fantasy League Limited (OFL).
Keele United
Red & Blue Braces

Re: OFL ISO 2013/14

Post by Keele United »

I think Decapitation or castration should be more than enough punishment... :lol:

marke192
Treebeard
FS Record: 17th TFFO 07/08,10th 08/09, TFFO ISO winner 07/08, OFL ISO winner 13/14, OFL 2nd 13/14

Post by marke192 »

He could simply change his team name to ISO Ashers -5

SE
FISOhead

Post by SE »

I joined just after team finalised and Shaw on bench posted so was bound to follow the rules without comment, but there was an obvious stumbling block and I do think that in future, once the squad is finalised, who does and doesn't play in manager's teams the first game-week is down to the individual managers. JMO

Britinus
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Britinus »

SE wrote:I joined just after team finalised and Shaw on bench posted so was bound to follow the rules without comment, but there was an obvious stumbling block and I do think that in future, once the squad is finalised, who does and doesn't play in manager's teams the first game-week is down to the individual managers. JMO
then there's no point in having ISO...the whole idea is that we all start off with the same points after week 1.

menace43
Treebeard
FS Record: 1st in OFL double team 2013-14

Post by menace43 »

SE wrote:I joined just after team finalised and Shaw on bench posted so was bound to follow the rules without comment, but there was an obvious stumbling block and I do think that in future, once the squad is finalised, who does and doesn't play in manager's teams the first game-week is down to the individual managers. JMO
Exactly as Britinus says. These are the rules (see the very first post of this thread):
The rules of ISO are quite simple. Every participant starts with the same (agreed) squad line-up, and must make the same (agreed) selection choices over the first weekend of matches. From then onwards, everyone may manage their own team as they like, and by May we will see who has managed their transfers and subs best, and who has won ISO 2013/14!

Britinus
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Britinus »

Britinus wrote:
then there's no point in having ISO...the whole idea is that we all start off with the same points after week 1.
well most of us anyway. :lol:

Biscuitman
FISOhead
FS Record: 10th TFFO 2009/10

Post by Biscuitman »

I can't see the problem here. Ashers has been a regular league participant before, and it was obviously a genuine mistake. Just deduct the 5pts either actually (hopefully OFL would do this if requested) or mentally - preferably the former. No point in digging out rule books etc if there is an easy solution, and we don't want the league to shrink in numbers. Personally, I'm more concerned about whether Hazard plays tonight or not as he's in virtually all my teams across a number of different games.

skip
Red & Blue Braces
FS Record: UFPL beta winner 2014, OFL ISO winner 2013

Post by skip »

I'll take responsibility for the Shaw subersubs mistake that one manager made, with hindsight it was easy to overlook this detail with so many managers entering. I suggest we handle it within the ISO league championship only, meaning that 5 points will be subtracted from Asher's final points tally for the purposes of crowning the ISO champion this year. There's no need to get OFL involved or make this more complicated than it needs to be.

SE
FISOhead

Post by SE »

Britinus wrote:
Getting down to semantics here! No point in ISO? I see little difference between all starting with the same team, and squad, selected for the first weekend and all starting with the same squad for the first weekend and doing with it what you want!

I doubt this radically alters the initial concept! What's the point of having the same points after week 1? As long as everyone has the same squad for the first weekend, then managerial skill kicks in a week earlier, as shown by Ashers :) !

Biscuitman
FISOhead

Post by Biscuitman »

I think that's a reasonable point, SE. It's probably dating back to the original TFFO ISO as, in that game, you couldn't see each other's teams and hence had no way of verifying that the squads were set up correctly other than by dint of the fact that everyone would have the same points at the end of wk1. There probably isn't a reason now why we couldn't all pick the same squad at week 0, and then do what we liked with it, subject to no transfers until after the first round of matches. However, this year, the rules were clear and Ashers just made a genuine, and reasonably understandable mistake, so we just knock off 5 points from his score. Optically it would be nicer if his "true" score showed up in our league table over the coming months, but no big deal.

marke192
Treebeard
FS Record: 17th TFFO 07/08,10th 08/09, TFFO ISO winner 07/08, OFL ISO winner 13/14, OFL 2nd 13/14

Post by marke192 »

3 changes made!!!! 2 goals scored :D

Bale :arrow: Silva
Dzeko :arrow: Benteke
Coleman :arrow: Ivanovic

Arabian Knight
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Arabian Knight »

1st transfer Bale :arrow: Lampard = 2 points

Keele United
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Keele United »

As for myself I like the Rules as they stand that we all play what our Champion decrees the first week....Personally Id have played Shaw,as would several others I think but it wasnt our call so we all start together once the season is underway...for good or bad....Its just a neat concept so I hope we keep it.

Biscuitman
FISOhead

Post by Biscuitman »

Bale :arrow: Mata.

Re the rules, I'm very happy the way they are.

Ashers
FISO Knight
FS Record: OFL Fantasy Fives Winner 2011/2012, SDT wins WDT, weekly, monthly and seasonal prizes. Fantasy Darts daily winner, TFFO mini league winner & FISO U21 Threes Champs 13.

Post by Ashers »

I am happy with the rules and will rename my team ISO Ashers -5

Keele United
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Keele United »

Now what did I say about Bale :?: :?: :?:

bspittles
Dumbledore

Post by bspittles »

Bale :arrow: Bony

Ashers
FISO Knight
FS Record: OFL Fantasy Fives Winner 2011/2012, SDT wins WDT, weekly, monthly and seasonal prizes. Fantasy Darts daily winner, TFFO mini league winner & FISO U21 Threes Champs 13.

Post by Ashers »

Bale :arrow: Lampard
K Bo-Kyung :arrow: Taarabt

Ashers
FISO Knight

Post by Ashers »

Keele United wrote:Ashers reading the rules might have been helpful........didnt you do this last year?
Do what last year?

Keele United
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Keele United »

Wow you are going back in the posts arnt you?....I thought you had played this game last year so you would have been aware that all Subs had to be the same throught the first weekend...I believe BrianBlessed(geoff)did the same thing last year as the Champ he decided not to play a certain player....thats all.

Ashers
FISO Knight

Post by Ashers »

Keele United wrote:Wow you are going back in the posts arnt you?....I thought you had played this game last year so you would have been aware that all Subs had to be the same throught the first weekend...I believe BrianBlessed(geoff)did the same thing last year as the Champ he decided not to play a certain player....thats all.
I did play last year, but there was no rule about X player not to be played in the first week.

The Fat Skier
Treebeard

Post by The Fat Skier »

Bale :arrow: Bony for me.

Sowenna
Red & Blue Braces
FS Record: The Graduates - FISO 5AS H2H Champions 13/14

Post by Sowenna »

Hart :arrow: Mignolet
Bale :arrow: Toure
Johnson :arrow: Zabeleta
Sturridge :arrow: RVP

Bit of a gamble but I wanted RVP, time will tell :wink:

Northernmonkey
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 8th TFFO 2008/09

Post by Northernmonkey »

2 subs for me so far.

Bale :arrow: Mata last weds - not sure I've done the right thing there with Willian coming on the scene next day. Various rumours about Mata now but we'll see.

Today I just swapped one form striker for another and an extra game.. again we'll see but couldn't resist Soldado. Sub 3 planned for next weekend then that's my early tinkers done :)
Sturridge :arrow: Soldado

reds363
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL 28th 06/07; TFFO 3rd 09/10; TFF 3rd 12/13

Post by reds363 »

Brought in Soldado for Bale today, dumping Mertesacker for Reid (WH) to get the cash.

Would have taken me joint top if I'd not forgotten to put Johnson on the pitch last night, or if I'd planned the moves a bit better and done the Reid move yesterday.

Still - feeling good about Soldado and am set up for my next two moves... :)

SE
FISOhead

Post by SE »

Transfers before the weekend.
May be viewed as heavy handed, but I think it's a stronger squad!

Bale :arrow: Jaaskalainen
Koren :arrow: Coutinho
Michu :arrow: Walcott
Sturridge :arrow: van Persie

coleridge
Grumpy Old Man

Post by coleridge »

Transfers done so far.

Hazard :arrow: Boruc :shock:
Bale :arrow: RVP

menace43
Treebeard
FS Record: 1st in OFL double team 2013-14

Post by menace43 »

coleridge wrote:Transfers done so far.

Hazard :arrow: Boruc :shock:
Bale :arrow: RVP
Haha, Boruc could be a good choice. I was also considering buying him because of their relatively easy upcoming home games. The next five are against West Ham, Crystal Palace, Swansea, Fulham and Hull.
And it gives you the freedom to not play Joe Hart :idea:
Instead I transferred Lovren (also Southampton) and Benteke in for Bale and Ben Afrie or Ben Afra. Can't remember his name ;-)

MindVampire
FISOhead
FS Record: TFFO - Runner-up 2009/10

Post by MindVampire »

Subs made prior to 24/08 Premiership games

CB J Vertonghen TOT 4.5 :arrow: CB R Huth STO 3.5

M G Bale TOT 6.2 :arrow: ST R Soldado TOT 6.8

Ashers
FISO Knight

Post by Ashers »

SE wrote:Transfers before the weekend.
May be viewed as heavy handed, but I think it's a stronger squad!

Bale :arrow: Jaaskalainen
Koren :arrow: Coutinho
Michu :arrow: Walcott
Sturridge :arrow: van Persie

Benteke :arrow: Strange choice with Villa having the weekend off.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Original Fantasy League (OFL) Football games”