To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

murf's Early Doors Cup 2010-11

A forum for the running of the FISO Goals competition. This is a score predictions game based on the English Premier League. See the top menu bar for the link to enter your predictions and see the automated leaderboard.
TheTon
FISO Knight

Re: murf's Early Doors Cup 2010-11 - ENTRY NOW OPEN

Post by TheTon »

Fantastic!! :D

Sorry fkc, i feel i little guilty for winning on a tie break there!

Good luck in the final barrydixey!!

barrydixey
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: FISODAS - Conference winner 2009 FISO Goals - 20th 2008/09 - NOTHING SINCE!!

Post by barrydixey »

TheTon wrote:Fantastic!! :D

Thanks for the best wishes Ton, that are of course reciprocated. Thanks also to Murf for organising the competition.

Never been in a final before so have taken the advice of those who have to "enjoy every minute and take in the atmosphere".

Now got an International break to get the nerves jangling even more!

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Post by murf »

barrydixey wrote:

Thanks for the best wishes Ton, that are of course reciprocated. Thanks also to Murf for organising the competition.

Never been in a final before so have taken the advice of those who have to "enjoy every minute and take in the atmosphere".

Are you getting a suit made?

Releasing a commerorative single?

barrydixey
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: FISODAS - Conference winner 2009 FISO Goals - 20th 2008/09 - NOTHING SINCE!!

Post by barrydixey »

murf wrote:
barrydixey wrote:

Are you getting a suit made?

Releasing a commerorative single?

Off to Primark tomorrow to splash out on a suit - what colour is yours going to be 'Ton' as we don't want to clash!! :oops:

Not going to bother about recording a single but a DVD recording 'The road to the Final' is a possibility with special emphasis of the lucky single point that got me through the quarter finals with the other four getting a big fat '0'. :twisted:

No risk of getting tired the night before the final as Mrs. D took rumpy pumpy off the menu some time ago. :cry:

TheTon
FISO Knight

Post by TheTon »

barrydixey wrote:
No risk of getting tired the night before the final as Mrs. D took rumpy pumpy off the menu some time ago. :cry:
:lol:

I wonder if Digsby is still reading this thread!!! :lol:

I won't be wearing a suit. In fact, i'm just gonna treat the final like 'any other game' :wink:

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

A little reminder:
murf wrote:FINAL - FANTASY WEMBLEY - 16th to 18th October 2010
barrydixey v The Ton
Once we get this first cup out of the way, we get straight into the second. The new Knockout Cup has been unleashed with sign up (by saturday?) required:
murf-s-knockout-cup-2010-11-sign-up-now-t80003.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

TheTon
FISO Knight

Re: murf's Early Doors Cup 2010-11

Post by TheTon »

Think it is 4-4 after the 3pm kick offs! All to play for.

Both had the Wolves result right, and 1pt for the arsenal win. We also both had Bolton Stoke 1-1, so that late goal cost us both 3pts!

It's tight!

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

TheTon wrote:Think it is 4-4 after the 3pm kick offs! All to play for.

Both had the Wolves result right, and 1pt for the arsenal win. We also both had Bolton Stoke 1-1, so that late goal cost us both 3pts!

It's tight!
yep 4-4.

both have Chelsea to win with 2 goals. barrydixey reckons on a Villa consolation, TheTon disgarees.

Could be a key match as, if you continue to get the same points in every game then the first round of penalties is tied and it goes to the 'goals out' penalty shoot out where this one will be checked first.

barrydixey
Grumpy Old Man

Post by barrydixey »

murf wrote:

It's tight!
yep 4-4.

both have Chelsea to win with 2 goals. barrydixey reckons on a Villa consolation, TheTon disgarees.

Could be a key match as, if you continue to get the same points in every game then the first round of penalties is tied and it goes to the 'goals out' penalty shoot out where this one will be checked first.

It's a very tight first half with both teams cancelling each other out.
Even injury time in the first half was a tense and tight affair with The Ton expecting Chelski to win 2-0 but barrydixey expecting it to be a bit tighter.
So 4 - 4 at half time, with Sunday's matches being crucial - one's a scouse derby and the other a Lancashire derby.

Bit disappointed with the crowd though. At least 71 watching the first round and now only the two teams and murf! :roll:

Digsby
Dumbledore
FS Record: FISODAS relegation fodder

Post by Digsby »

TheTon wrote:
barrydixey wrote:
:lol:

I wonder if Digsby is still reading this thread!!! :lol:

I won't be wearing a suit. In fact, i'm just gonna treat the final like 'any other game' :wink:
:oops:

barrydixey
Grumpy Old Man

Post by barrydixey »

barrydixey wrote:
murf wrote:

It's tight!
yep 4-4.

It's a very tight first half with both teams cancelling each other out.
Even injury time in the first half was a tense and tight affair with The Ton expecting Chelski to win 2-0 but barrydixey expecting it to be a bit tighter.
So 4 - 4 at half time, with Sunday's matches being crucial - one's a scouse derby and the other a Lancashire derby.

Bit disappointed with the crowd though. At least 71 watching the first round and now only the two teams and murf! :roll:

With The Ton predicting an Everton win and me a draw The Ton goes one point ahead.

So it's all down to the final game and... shock horror .... we have both gone for a City win 2 v 1.

So whatever the result I reckon The Ton is the Cup winner and let me be the first to congratulate hime. Well done The Ton!! :wink:

flyingkillercob
Dumbledore
FS Record: murf’s African Nations Cup 2012 Winner. FISO Goals 15/16 & 17/18 Winner.

Post by flyingkillercob »

barrydixey wrote: So it's all down to the final game and... shock horror .... we have both gone for a City win 2 v 1.

So whatever the result I reckon The Ton is the Cup winner and let me be the first to congratulate hime. Well done The Ton!! :wink:
There's still 1 more match to go :idea:

TheTon
FISO Knight

Post by TheTon »

Aye, flyingkillercob is correct, one more game to go!!

It's a pretty tough game to call as well! What have you gone for, Barry? :wink:

Digsby
Dumbledore

Post by Digsby »

Come on Bazza don't be a chump, one game left

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

Interesting tie.

barrydixey will draw level with a 1-0 win tomorrow and take it on the tie-break unless his point comes from correctly predicting a draw.

TheTon will win on a tie-break if Everton (who he got a point for) are above Blackburn and Sunderland (which they will be on goal difference if it is a draw). If barrydixey correctly predicts either team win (and TheTon doesn't) then that winning team will go above Everton and coem into effect on the tie-breake first?

a 3-0 or 3-1 win of course will be enough for anyone. A 1-1 or 1-0 win also does it for The Ton.

Confused? They will be when it come to prediction tactics.....

EDIT - to add the bit in italics which is rather important
Last edited by murf on 17 Oct 2010, 23:38, edited 1 time in total.

barrydixey
Grumpy Old Man

Post by barrydixey »

murf wrote:Interesting tie.

barrydixey will draw level with a 1-0 win tomorrow unless his point comes from correctly predicting a draw.

TheTon will win on a tie-break if Everton (who he got a point for) are above Blackburn and Sunderland (which they will be on goal difference if it is a draw). If barrydixey correctly predicts either team win (and TheTon doesn't) then that winning team will go above Everton and coem into effect on the tie-breake first?

a 3-0 or 3-1 win of course will be enough for anyone. A 1-1 or 1-0 win also does it for The Ton.

Confused? They will be when it come to prediction tactics.....

After reading that I have decided to go to bed and try reading it again in the morning! :lol:

barrydixey
Grumpy Old Man

Post by barrydixey »

Digsby wrote:Come on Bazza don't be a chump, one game left
You cheeky young pup Digsby.
But I must admit to being a chump indeed! :oops:
It was the FISODAS that didn't include the Monday night fixture... and I've gone and got myself all confused. It's that oldtimers disease setting in.
So the fat lady has started to gargle but she's not quite singing yet!

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

Editted my last post so it make sense and is less likely to cause brain explosions

TheTon
FISO Knight

Post by TheTon »

I'm gonna have to read it again in the morning! I never place (money) bets on draws, so may have to re-think my current prediction! Or will I? :wink:

barrydixey
Grumpy Old Man

Post by barrydixey »

TheTon wrote:I'm gonna have to read it again in the morning! I never place (money) bets on draws, so may have to re-think my current prediction! Or will I? :wink:
Dear Ton,

I'm confused enough already. I'm still trying to digest Murf's earlier helpful explanation, then young Digsby pipes up and now you're getting me to second and third guess your prediction. There's bluffs, double bluffs, old timers disease, confusion, explanations, stick from your siblings (no supper for you tonight young Digsby!) so I've decided to go back to bed and leave my prediction as it stands.... but I might have a re-thing when I wake up as something tells me home advantage may just have the edge, that's if its not a bore draw or a lucky away win.

Confused? I certainly am.

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

Was that a triple bluff?

barrydixey
Grumpy Old Man

Post by barrydixey »

murf wrote:Was that a triple bluff?

My original thought was a 1-1 draw. However I thought that was an obvious choice and one that The Ton may go for. Trying to second guess him I thought he would go for 1-1 or a 2-1 home win.

I have therefore gone for a 1-2 win for Sunderland and if Bent had scored as he should have in the first half I would be sitting a bit easier.

All to play for in the second half against 10 man Blackburn.

TheTon
FISO Knight

Post by TheTon »

By who? I think we both had a pop at the bluff!!

I'd just like to thank Samba for potentially losing me this tie! I take it a Sunderland win (anything but 2-1), wins it for BD? Obviously 2-1 wins it for him anyway, but any other result is a tie break, right?

So, 45 mins of backs-to-the-wall defending in the hope of winning this, and picking up a clean sheet for Phil Jones!

Great!! :lol:

Advantage Barry at this stage, I think!

barrydixey
Grumpy Old Man

Post by barrydixey »

TheTon wrote:

I'd just like to thank Samba for potentially losing me this tie! I take it a Sunderland win (anything but 2-1), wins it for BD? Obviously 2-1 wins it for him anyway, but any other result is a tie break, right?

So, 45 mins of backs-to-the-wall defending in the hope of winning this, and picking up a clean sheet for Phil Jones!

Close - but no cigar.
As Brucie (Forsyth not Steve) would say "Good game, good game.."
Congratulations to The Ton - well played

Digsby
Dumbledore

Post by Digsby »

barrydixey wrote:
TheTon wrote:

Close - but no cigar.
As Brucie (Forsyth not Steve) would say "Good game, good game.."
Congratulations to The Ton - well played
Loser :wink:

TheTon
FISO Knight

Post by TheTon »

Thank you, BarryDixey! Indeed it was a good game! I was very nervous watching those final 10/15 mins when the finish line was in sight!!

Thanks for running the comp murf. About time I won a fiso goals side comp (god knows I've been involved in enough!!)

Now I just need goldenballs to help me to a doubles cup win!!

Thanks again BD and murf :D

TheTon
FISO Knight

Post by TheTon »

Digsby wrote:
Loser :wink:

A bit mean Digsby :lol:

Remind us how far you got in this comp........? :wink:

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

Unlucky barrydixey. 7-5 in the end.

Well played to the Early Doors Cup Winner 2010/11:
TheTon

barrydixey
Grumpy Old Man

Post by barrydixey »

murf wrote:Unlucky barrydixey. 7-5 in the end.

Well played to the Early Doors Cup Winner 2010/11:
TheTon

Thanks for organising Murf.

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

Just bumping to remind myself how we did in 3 years ago and in the decade becore that.

Stay tuned for the 2013 thread.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “FISO GOALS (Premiership Predictions)”