To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Premiership Predictions (FISO Goals) - Cups etc inc 10/11

A forum for the running of the FISO Goals competition. This is a score predictions game based on the English Premier League. See the top menu bar for the link to enter your predictions and see the automated leaderboard.
murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Premiership Predictions (FISO Goals) - Cups etc inc 10/11

Post by murf »

(just jotting this all down while I think ready to remind myself for next year. Feel free to ignore it for now :wink: )

Like last year and the year before there will be three (now unofficial) main cups run largely by me. These will follow the same format, except there will only be 8 groups in the CL (32 qualifiers) meaning more emphasis on the qualify stages. This gives us 2 extra weeks (no need for a last 32 knockout round). The first 2 cups will be shifted back 1 week to allow us to get entries in and the second bonus week will be to allow more focus on the CL qualification.

EARLY DOORS CUP - The highest scorers survive each week. Starts Set 2 (top 64 survive). Keep trimming by half til the final in Set 8.

KNOCKOUT CUP - Two-legged knockout matches. Set 9 will be a 1-off preliminary round if we get over 128 entrants. Otherwise we'll start the 2-legged knockouts then with the 'last 128' round. Final in sets 21 and 22 (or 1 week later if we get over 128).

CL STYLEE CUP - Runs just (almost) like the real thing, pre-qualifying, group stages then knockout. Group matches start in Set 25. The CL holders and top 4 in this year's FISOHEADS league will get automatic entry (if they enter) as will the top placed entrants in the main league after Set 19 to make 20 automatic qualifiers. The remaining 12 places will then be fought for in pre-qualifying, a mini-league over Sets 20-24.

Also:

CHARADEE SHIELD - A semi-final and final competition held over Sets 1 and 2 featuring the league winner and 3 cup winners from 07/08.

WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP BELT OF PREMIERSHIP PREDICTIONS - This will continue to run as this season with the title holder from 07/08 Set 38 holding his belt all summer.

All 4 comps (not inc the Charadee Shield) will require you to sign up and enter a mini-league as became the norm this year. The Belt competition this year used the FISOHEADS minileague which was already set up (by somebody else) as a mini-league for active FISOers. I'll be happy for that to keep it's dual purpose or have a separate one.

Hopefully other cups and comps may also run (doubles??) but these aren't "mine".

See you in August, just 4 months time :shock:
Last edited by murf on 30 Jul 2010, 15:24, edited 5 times in total.

Spinynorman
FISO Jedi Fish
FS Record: Under Ordinary

Post by Spinynorman »

Thanks for the heads up and for offering to run these competitions again, I'm sure it's appreciated by many folks on here.

By the way if it happens again are we going to defend our doubles title?

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

Spinynorman wrote: if it happens again are we going to defend our doubles title?
Of course!

TheTon
FISO Knight

Post by TheTon »

I will probably run the doubles cup again, but will need Stick to do the F1 comp (or any volunteers), as it starts right at the time i leave the country, and dont have enough spare time to keep track of it. May even look into substituting that comp for another 'seasonal special' that myself and Stick come up with in the pub :wink:

Doubles cup didnt take much running if your interested in doing it yourself murf :wink:

I, like many others i guess, like the idea of a comp you can stick around in for a couple of weeks, even if you are doing crap!!

murf
FISO Viscount

Re: Premiership Predictions (FISO Goals) - Cups etc 2008/9

Post by murf »

murf wrote:CL STYLEE CUP The CL holders and top 4 in this year's FISOHEADS league will get automatic entry (if they enter) ....
CL WINNER
Big Bird

FISOHEADS TOP 4
1 333 Crompton
2 328 Spencer4
3 314 bagpuss
3 314 TheTon

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

As TheTon has started his Doubles Cup thread thought I'd just bump this to say all my cup comps (as detailed above) all still planned to happen.

Nearer the time I'll start threads calling for entries to the Early Doors Cup and a minileague for the World Championship Belt. The World Champs one can again double up as the FISOheads/FISO posters minileague for regulars who want their own minileague away from the masses of faceless, banter-free lurkers in the overall league.

Entry will as ever be open to anybody*, established posters and newbies alike

Please do NOT ask to be in these comps on this thread as I'll ignore you :twisted: (If you are disappearing for a few weeks pre-season (fools! - think of your FF teams!) just send me a PM so you don't miss out).

* = As these are my own private leagues/cups, I'll be reserving the right to not admit or throw out anybody who doesn't treat FISO properly and doesn't post in good spirit. As a rule of thumb this will mean you are banned if you are on my foe list so essentially they'll just be troll-free.

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

Threads now opened with minileague details, which you must enter if you want to play:

Early Doors Cup

World Championship Belt of Premiership Predictions

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

The Early Doors Cup finalist are now know - best of british to beglee and BigJonS

And entries are now welcomed for the Knockout Cup which start soon: See this thread for how to enter

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

murf wrote: CL STYLEE CUP - Runs just (almost) like the real thing, pre-qualifying, group stages then knockout. Group matches start in Set 25. The CL holders and top 4 in the 2007-8 FISOHEADS league will get automatic entry (if they enter) as will the top placed entrants in the main league after Set 20 to make 20 automatic qualifiers. The remaining 12 places will then be fought for in pre-qualifying, a mini-league over Sets 21-24.
Just been checking the dates and have tweaked the rounds involved so that I don't have to do much admin in the middle of xmas. This post also acts as a bit of pre-advertsing.

You will now have to have to sign up before Set 20 commences (28 Dec).

20 lucky (AKA high scoring) souls will automatically qualify for the group stages while the rest battle in out in pre-qualifying for the 12 remaining spots. Note that the comp has shrunk this year to 8 groups and so competition for places will be tougher (now more like the inferior real CL).

DATES

In a week or two - Main thread opens asking for entries.
SET 20 (start), 28 Dec - Deadline for entries
SET 20 (end), 30 Dec - Allocation of 20 automatic qualification places
SETS 21-24, 10 Jan to 2 Feb - Pre-qualifying league for remaining 12 places
SETS 25-30, from 7 Feb - CL Stylee group games (8 groups of 4)
SETS 31-36 - Knockout stages (last 16, QFs, SFs - all 2 legs)
SET 37 - Final
SET 38 - Final replay (if required)

murf
FISO Viscount

Re: Premiership Predictions (FISO Goals) - Cups etc 2008/9 & 9/1

Post by murf »

(just tweaking latst years to remind myself for next year. Feel free to ignore it for now :wink: )

Like recent years there will be three (now unofficial) main cups run largely by me as well as the world championship belt. These will follow the same format as 08-09.

All dates assume less than 64 entries

EARLY DOORS CUP - The highest scorers survive each week. Starts Set 3 (top 32 survive). Keep trimming by half til the final in Set 8.

KNOCKOUT CUP - Two-legged knockout matches. We'll start the 2-legged knockouts with the 'last 64' round in Set 9. Final in sets 19 and 20.

CL STYLEE CUP - Runs just (almost) like the real thing, pre-qualifying, group stages then knockout. Group matches in Sets 25-30. The CL holders will get the only automatic entry (if they enter) as will the top placed entrants in the main league after Set 20 to make 16 automatic qualifiers. The remaining 16 places will then be fought for in pre-qualifying, a mini-league over Sets 21-24.

WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP BELT OF PREMIERSHIP PREDICTIONS - This will continue to run as this season with the title holder from 08/09 Set 38 holding his belt all summer.

All 4 comps will require you to sign up and enter a mini-league as has become the norm. Entry will as ever be open to anybody*, established posters and newbies alike

* = As these are my own private leagues/cups, I'll be reserving the right to not admit or throw out anybody who doesn't treat FISO properly and doesn't post in good spirit. As a rule of thumb this will mean you are banned if you are on my foe list so essentially they'll just be troll-free.

murf
FISO Viscount

Re: Premiership Predictions (FISO Goals) - Cups etc 08/9 & 09/10

Post by murf »

Just confirming that all my cups will run again this year if nothing changes. No threads or sign up yet - stay tuned.

Early Doors Cup will start in Set 3 (so need to sign up before start date 22 Aug) last year 's thread

The World Championship Belt will continue but you'll need to sign up for the new league to be a contender (restarts week 1 but sign up will remain open).

Shaggy365
Dumbledore

Post by Shaggy365 »

murf wrote:Just confirming that all my cups will run again this year if nothing changes. No threads or sign up yet - stay tuned.
Staying tuned. (Not that it will make any difference :oops: )

Mick MacPaddywack
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Wolf in Sheeps clothing

Post by Mick MacPaddywack »

Good man Murf.
Great work by you last season.
Look forward to participating a bit more this season :wink:

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

Thanks chaps :D

The first competition was 'launched' last week giving people plenty of time to get down to their fighting weight. Hopefully this will avoid any unseemly sweating off the pounds or stripping down to underwear at the weigh in:

World Championship Belt 09-10

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

murf wrote:The first competition was 'launched' last week...

World Championship Belt 09-10
The second comp and the season's first (singles) cup has been launched:

Early Doors Cup 09-10

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

CL Stylee Cup - New thread opened for Final Qualifying

Look out also for the third running of African Nations Cup Predictions

murf
FISO Viscount

Re: Premiership Predictions (FISO Goals) - Cups etc inc 10/1

Post by murf »

just letting you know I'll be running my 3 cups again this year (think this at least the 7th season!) over roughly similar weeks to last year:

Early Doors Cup, will start with Set 2 (entry deadline August 20th) when the top 64 will get through (last year we got just over 64 entries). Final in Set 8

Then Knockout Cup

Then CL Stylee Cup

Look out for the sign up thread(s) in due course.

Note, this is my lot and I've 'resigned' from administering the World Championship Belt and anything else. If anybody wants the 'franchise' let me know.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “FISO GOALS (Premiership Predictions)”