To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Sky Team Planner

A forum for news and discussion on SkySports Fantasy Football. Both Football365 and TeamTalk used to feed into this game.
ffstuff
Grumpy Old Man

Sky Team Planner

Post by ffstuff »

Hi All,

I've not posted much on the Sky forum, but i have a website i have created various tables/tools over the past year or so to help Fiso players with the various games namely, Dreamteam, Sky, Fanteam, Telegraph and FPL

I really struggled last year with Sky, planning my team and transfers so I've started putting together a team planner and was looking for some feedback now that i have it to a point where its working.
Its free for everyone to use so hopefully people will find it helpful and provide feedback for me to improve it

The URL is https://www.ffstuff.co.uk/SkyTeamPlanner.php

Note: layout is set up for use on a PC rather than a phone and I have tested it on the chrome browser

At the moment you can choose 11 players and 1 transfer (I will increase the transfers so you can plan 2,3 4 etc but at the moment its just one there for testing)

As you choose players it will show your formation forming at the top, your total team value and bring in their team, position, PPG and price and then fixtures in the daily format when you select a player. At the moment all this data is from the 2019/20 season, including the fixtures themselves. This helps for testing until the new season starts, or at least till the fixtures are out.

You can click in a dropdown , delete the "please select" text already there and then start typing the name of someone into the dropdown to find them or simply scroll through the list.
Similarly if you wish to change a player, click on them, delete their name and then scroll through the list or start typing someones to narrow it down.

Any days of play where none of your players play can be easily seen as the whole column shows as black, nice for spotting blanks where you will have no captain playing. The fixture list will also show the highlighted periods for the overhauls also in pink

You can choose to plan a transfer by choosing a player to transfer out, simply choose player 2, 3 etc (position in the list) and the player you want to bring in, type the date in dd/mm format i.e. 01/09 and hit submit and it will grey out the outgoing players column after that date and pull in the incomings fixtures into the transfer column for after that date in their line.
This way you can easily see when transfers are planned and the fixture switch over.

The team colours for the fixtures are taken from the Fixture grid for sky (this currently is not on the site as the season has ended but will appear for next years fixtures when they arrive), here you can set the home and away colour of teams by difficulty - or just stick with the defaults i choose. Light blue easier, through to green and then red for difficult. So whatever you set on the fixture grid screen, you will see on this sky planner one.

Obvioiusly its better to produce a login as you can save the planner which is the whole point and you can then review it from any device that has an internet connection to log into. Without a login you can test, but you can't save (obviously nothing to save it against) and thats the whole point eventually

an example can be seen below in the image of a full team chosen and one transfer planned

I know i need to add some checking on the transfer in, to ensure price isnt blown and formation is still valid, i will add this check when you click the submit button for the transfer

When you do have a login, don't forget to click the save button to save all changes made,if not you will lose them when you leave the screen and come back

frank@ffstuff.co.uk is my email for any feedback - or just reply on here

Ta

Frank

Aldershot Rejects
Dumbledore
FS Record: 5th Metro (2010-11); 146 - Sky (2015-16); 218 - Sky (2014-15); 386 - Sky (2020-21); 636 - FPL (2017-18); last 16 Sky Cup (2018-19)

Re: Sky Team Planner

Post by Aldershot Rejects »

Frank,
I discovered your website a few months ago; really enjoyed using it to monitor FPL stats, didn't use the Sky stats so much which was probably a mistake.

I'll send you an e-mail with a bit of feedback

ffstuff
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ffstuff »

A few changes by request already

Team Value and Formation is now shown by day at the bottom, if the formation or team value becomes invalid with the selections it will show amber
Example below

You can see the Mahrez transfer now pushes the budget over which is invalid (in amber) and changes the formation to 3-4-3 which is still valid

When clicking the "Please Select" text it now doesnt need you to delete this first to select a player it simply shows the list

I should also probably add if it wasn't clear, the fixtures auto update every few hours so ones that have completed will remove and as new ones change due to tv schedule etc they will automatically update to the new date

Yorkshire Exile
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Yorkshire Exile »

I saw you had this in development but had lost your email on phone....

Looks like a good tool.... Will have a proper browse and feedback

ffstuff
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ffstuff »

Cheers, already had some feedback which some of the above changes are based upon, bu the more the better.. to make it a better allround tool

I've added number of players playing now underneath the formation, added the value of the players to the drop down and sorted by position and value also
I'm currently just adding a "Show all fixtures" which will allow you to view all the teams fixtures just above this grid,so you can see who is playing those blank days or just get a better look at the fixture schedule above your team selection. This will be toggled so can then be hidden again so you are just viewing your team

Like i said previously, i show just one "Transfer" row at the moment but once im confident its all working as we want , i'll then add the others , just dont want to do them all and find myself having to make lots of changes

Ta

Frank

WTFUSS?
Kevin and Perry
FS Record: 4th season playing sky fantasy.
Best finish: SkyFF 148th - 18/19

Official FPL - best finish 11K - 18/19

Post by WTFUSS? »

really like your website and your planning designs.

really handy showing the black columns on days you have no captain option. When Tv fixtures are released and we can see the fixtures for the next 10+ weeks I look out for these black column no captain days, then I plan multiple transfers over these coming weeks.

Can we do multiple transfers on this planner or 1 at a time?

Brightwater
Grumpy Old Man
Location: ***** BrightwaterVilla.co.uk ***** lakeside at Lake Berkley Orlando /parkrunning
FS Record: 21 cash league wins. CYKI 08/09 4th, 09/10 8th. 12/13 Sky 56th, FPL FISO X League winner. 2014 UFPL Beta 7th.

Post by Brightwater »

Failed to create userid...login with Facebook not accepted...tried with "sign up now", no activation email received.

ffstuff
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ffstuff »

WTFUSS? wrote: 10 Aug 2020, 12:23 really like your website and your planning designs.

really handy showing the black columns on days you have no captain option. When Tv fixtures are released and we can see the fixtures for the next 10+ weeks I look out for these black column no captain days, then I plan multiple transfers over these coming weeks.

Can we do multiple transfers on this planner or 1 at a time?
Thanks

You will be able to plan multiple, i just have the one there for testing/development at the moment

ffstuff
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ffstuff »

Brightwater wrote: 10 Aug 2020, 12:32 Failed to create userid...login with Facebook not accepted...tried with "sign up now", no activation email received.
Sometimes the emails end up in your junk, but i've approved it anyway so you will be able to login with your username and password now

ffstuff
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ffstuff »

Just added a "Show ALL Fixtures" button at the top left.
This then shows all the fixtures in the same grid (above it) so scrolls etc. Takes a bit of space up, which is why its a Show/Hide thing, but easily allows you to compare fixtures of other teams and see what ones are playing those blank game days you may have in your team

Brightwater
Grumpy Old Man
Location: ***** BrightwaterVilla.co.uk ***** lakeside at Lake Berkley Orlando /parkrunning
FS Record: 21 cash league wins. CYKI 08/09 4th, 09/10 8th. 12/13 Sky 56th, FPL FISO X League winner. 2014 UFPL Beta 7th.

Post by Brightwater »

ffstuff wrote: 10 Aug 2020, 12:42
Brightwater wrote: 10 Aug 2020, 12:32 Failed to create userid...login with Facebook not accepted...tried with "sign up now", no activation email received.
Sometimes the emails end up in your junk, but i've approved it anyway so you will be able to login with your username and password now
In, thanks. I will have a play with your FPL and Sky stuff. 8-)

ffstuff
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ffstuff »

The FPL Planner, I havent done much on to be honest, when i get the SKy Planner where i want it, i will probably replicate it over to FPL , working with the team code etc

ffstuff
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ffstuff »

Thanks for the emails and comments

I've added the ability to plan multiple transfers (upto 5) and also then fixed a bug someone picked up where you couldnt plan daisy chain subs (i.e. same player being replaced more than once)
Example below shows mings replacing fred (player 9) on the 23rd and then Guendouzi replacing mings (player 9) on the 25th so you can see mings in for 2 days (grey either side) and then Guendouzi taking over... Formation, team value etc all stay uptodate

Any other likes/dislikes pop us an email/list here

Thanks

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “SkySports Fantasy Football”