To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Another Pepe no show

A forum for news and discussion on SkySports Fantasy Football. Both Football365 and TeamTalk used to feed into this game.
wandacatvenus
FISOhead
FS Record: 2017/18 - £5000 profit from Sky FF

Re: Another Pepe no show

Post by wandacatvenus »

ILBN

And There in lies your problem.

Supporting too many differentials over established highly owned players.

Highly owned players are highly owned for a reason. Mainly because they get the most points or are the best enabler for their price point.

I had a slow start to the Season and prior to yesterday, had brought myself back into the game by covering the most highly owned players and choosing the most popular captains.

A player 60% owned in the top 1000 means 40% don’t own that player, so even a good points haul from one obvious player can see steady rank increases against those that don’t own that player.

We are just over a third of the way through the Season and yet again it looks like you have given up.

My opinion is that the biggest requirement needed in Sky FF is patience

Biddles32
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2020/21 national finishing positions:

Sun dreamteam - 17th

SKy sports - 865th

TFF - 46th

Fanteam - 489th

Fanteam euros - TBC

Sun dream team euros - probable winner 😬

Post by Biddles32 »

You got to bite the bullet mate. Just think how many captained Mane yesterday. Even though it was predictable he’d be benched with Salah the previous game victim and Klopp saying in the media that he is actively managing ALL the players game time with their hectic schedule.

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: ?

Post by itslikebrandnew »

I've not given up, i just can't see a move.

If i take out Pepe i still need an Arsenal captain. I couldn't take out Kane as i wanted him yesterday and he got me 34pts as captain. Sterling i'd have been happy to take out but i've been warned about taking out players with high coverage, and i can't take out Vardy as he's in cracking form and captain today.

Would be madness to swap him out to an Arsenal def, and the only option i could see was to Ozil which isn't much of an improvement on Pepe.

So in conclusion all i saw was a sideways move to Ozil or burning transfers on rotating strikers. So i sat tight keeping hold of transfers and hoping Pepe would get a chance under Freddie.

If he doesn't play tomorrow then he'll be transferred out to a non Arsenal player.

Btw he was dumped from my best team a few turns ago as i could bring in an Arsenal striker as there was a striker i wasn't happy with.

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man

Biddles32 wrote: 08 Dec 2019, 10:37 You got to bite the bullet mate. Just think how many captained Mane yesterday. Even though it was predictable he’d be benched with Salah the previous game victim and Klopp saying in the media that he is actively managing ALL the players game time with their hectic schedule.
Didn't even cross my mind that people would go Mane. For me the Spurs game stood out and went with Ali in one team and Kane in the other. Got 16 and 34 pts.

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man

wandacatvenus wrote: 08 Dec 2019, 09:28 ILBN

And There in lies your problem.

Supporting too many differentials over established highly owned players.

Highly owned players are highly owned for a reason. Mainly because they get the most points or are the best enabler for their price point.

I had a slow start to the Season and prior to yesterday, had brought myself back into the game by covering the most highly owned players and choosing the most popular captains.

A player 60% owned in the top 1000 means 40% don’t own that player, so even a good points haul from one obvious player can see steady rank increases against those that don’t own that player.

We are just over a third of the way through the Season and yet again it looks like you have given up.

My opinion is that the biggest requirement needed in Sky FF is patience
You are right that i do have too many differentials. However like i explained in an earlier post i couldn't see a move so i sat tight. I'd rather have that as a mistake than creating a chain reaction of wasted transfers.

Even in my best team i have 2 players with less than 1% ownership :lol:

wandacatvenus
FISOhead
FS Record: 2017/18 - £5000 profit from Sky FF

Post by wandacatvenus »

Biddles32 wrote: 08 Dec 2019, 10:37 You got to bite the bullet mate. Just think how many captained Mane yesterday. Even though it was predictable he’d be benched with Salah the previous game victim and Klopp saying in the media that he is actively managing ALL the players game time with their hectic schedule.
I'm guilty as charged and did Mane captain.

My version of progress is that when u have a bad day at the office the position you fall too is much higher than the previous position.you fell too at the last bad day at the office, which is exactly where I am today.

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man

wandacatvenus wrote: 08 Dec 2019, 12:48
I'm guilty as charged and did Mane captain.

My version of progress is that when u have a bad day at the office the position you fall too is much higher than the previous position.you fell too at the last bad day at the office, which is exactly where I am today.
I really dont get that captain choice at all. Before any of the games kicked off i looked at the leaderboard and saw Sam who was leading having Mane as captain and laughed thinking that's a few points i'll make up today.

Perhaps i just got lucky by not knowing the game as well as everyone else but to me it never made any sense to go Mane.

Johnners
Grumpy Old Spur
FS Record: Hit and miss

Post by Johnners »

Well done for captaining Kane ilbn, but I can fully understand anyone that went with Mane. He's in 70% of the top 1000 teams, arguably in the form of his life, and had a fixture against a woefully out of form side that Liverpool had beaten by an aggregate of 14-0 over the previous two seasons.

We all knew there was a significant risk of rotation, but the risk of not captaining him had a greater downside in my opinion. Had he started, there was a very good chance he'd have scored well and therefore a sizeable rank drop potentially beckoned for those without him.

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man

Johnners wrote: 08 Dec 2019, 16:13 Well done for captaining Kane ilbn, but I can fully understand anyone that went with Mane. He's in 70% of the top 1000 teams, arguably in the form of his life, and had a fixture against a woefully out of form side that Liverpool had beaten by an aggregate of 14-0 over the previous two seasons.

We all knew there was a significant risk of rotation, but the risk of not captaining him had a greater downside in my opinion. Had he started, there was a very good chance he'd have scored well and therefore a sizeable rank drop potentially beckoned for those without him.
Thanks.

Oh right i get it now. It wasn't that everyone thought he'd play and score it was about the 70% 30% split and you have to cover the 70%. So it was more a maths decision than a footballing one. Where as i picked Kane based purely on football.

Hopefully i'll be close to the top 1000 tonight then maybe i'll pay more attention to top 1000 ownership :lol:

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man

Pepe starts, but this team news has screwed over my best team with Lacazette in it.

Johnners
Grumpy Old Spur

Post by Johnners »

itslikebrandnew wrote: 09 Dec 2019, 19:10 Pepe starts, but this team news has screwed over my best team with Lacazette in it.
He finally showed.

Unlike Lacazette.

BLOCKHEAD
Grumpy Old Man

Post by BLOCKHEAD »

Freddie the clown could have had 9 points out of 9 had he played Pepe from his 1st game in charge . :x

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man

Johnners wrote: 09 Dec 2019, 22:19
itslikebrandnew wrote: 09 Dec 2019, 19:10 Pepe starts, but this team news has screwed over my best team with Lacazette in it.
He finally showed.

Unlike Lacazette.
Had Lacazette played and had a better game than Aubameyang i'd have been top 1000 now. Thought after scoring in his last game he would be a definate starter.

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man

BLOCKHEAD wrote: 09 Dec 2019, 22:54 Freddie the clown could have had 9 points out of 9 had he played Pepe from his 1st game in charge . :x
To his credit Pepe never gave up and always wanted the ball. However did you notice how many times he gave the ball away?

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man

Oh and he still screwed me over by setting one up for Aubameyang and even worse because his pass brushed a West Ham player he didnt even get credited with an assist.

Magic
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Improving

Post by Magic »

BLOCKHEAD wrote: 09 Dec 2019, 22:54Freddie the clown could have had 9 points out of 9 had he played Pepe from his 1st game in charge . :x
Flintoff?

Johnners
Grumpy Old Spur

Post by Johnners »

itslikebrandnew wrote: 10 Dec 2019, 08:29 Oh and he still screwed me over by setting one up for Aubameyang and even worse because his pass brushed a West Ham player he didnt even get credited with an assist.
At least you now seem to have some Man of the Match points for him. When I looked this morning Aubameyang had them, but my score has dropped by six points at some point during the day.

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man

Johnners wrote: 10 Dec 2019, 18:23
itslikebrandnew wrote: 10 Dec 2019, 08:29 Oh and he still screwed me over by setting one up for Aubameyang and even worse because his pass brushed a West Ham player he didnt even get credited with an assist.
At least you now seem to have some Man of the Match points for him. When I looked this morning Aubameyang had them, but my score has dropped by six points at some point during the day.
Cheers, great minds. I just posted about that as i just noticed Pepe's score altering.

To be honest i didnt think anyone had a great game but surely Sky has a cut off as to when it can alter stuff as that just feels wrong to me.

Johnners
Grumpy Old Spur

Post by Johnners »

I noticed it also changed last night while looking at the match report on the Sky Sports website - one minute it said Aubameyang was MOTM and then a few minutes later I refreshed the page and they'd altered it to Pepe, so it seems like they couldn't make up their minds.

Perhaps they just felt bad for you having your assist chalked off.

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man

Disappointed about the lack of assist but i'll take 119pts for the week.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “SkySports Fantasy Football”