To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

GW 7 Captains & transfers

A forum for news and discussion on SkySports Fantasy Football. Both Football365 and TeamTalk used to feed into this game.
itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: ?

Re: GW 7 Captains & transfers

Post by itslikebrandnew »

CptPugwash wrote: 21 Sep 2019, 19:26
itslikebrandnew wrote: 21 Sep 2019, 17:39 CptPugwash are you saying there is a pattern to how Pep rests his players or just being wise after the event?
Obviously no pattern - just guessing like everyone else.
i was reasonably sure of 10 of the 11 starters today - the only one i was not confident about was the left back.

i have Sterling & KDB - and the cpt choice today was easy. If i'd had Aguero instead of Sterling it might have been more difficult.
Just wondered as i read it as though you'd found a pattern and for the last few seasons Pep has done my head in with the way he "rests" players.

I'm tempted to transfer Sterling out now. I'm not sure i can afford to have 11m+ sat on the bench, especially when there is such a big choice in attacking talent this season.

BLOCKHEAD
Grumpy Old Man

Post by BLOCKHEAD »

Mahrez has been stepping up recently - Sterling has gone 3 games without any goal involvement so he'll be on League Cup duty for the foreseeable future.

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man

Sterling to Mahrez would open up a spare striker slot. Could do that with my team that's playing catch up.

Northernmonkey
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 8th TFFO 2008/09

Post by Northernmonkey »

itslikebrandnew wrote: 21 Sep 2019, 19:37
CptPugwash wrote: 21 Sep 2019, 19:26
itslikebrandnew wrote: 21 Sep 2019, 17:39 CptPugwash are you saying there is a pattern to how Pep rests his players or just being wise after the event?
Obviously no pattern - just guessing like everyone else.
i was reasonably sure of 10 of the 11 starters today - the only one i was not confident about was the left back.

i have Sterling & KDB - and the cpt choice today was easy. If i'd had Aguero instead of Sterling it might have been more difficult.
Just wondered as i read it as though you'd found a pattern and for the last few seasons Pep has done my head in with the way he "rests" players.

I'm tempted to transfer Sterling out now. I'm not sure i can afford to have 11m+ sat on the bench, especially when there is such a big choice in attacking talent this season.
Educated guess though.. as in last weekend KDB was benched for a 1 pointer, while midweek Aguero was. Sterling played 90 mins in both and everything before that.

It was a fairly predictable lineup today I thought in that KDB & Aguero were pretty nailed to start, if anyone would drop out it would be Sterling. It’d be silly to transfer him out, he’ll come straight back in next Sat.

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man

He may well come straight back in next week, but what about the next league game after that? If he ends up only starting 50% from now on i think i'd rather take my chances on Kane as my 3rd striker who doesnt seem to need any rest.

rodduz
FISOhead

Post by rodduz »

eff knows why he rests them so often, nobody needs rests that often! Sterling should be playing in 9 out of 10 games.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

wandacatvenus
FISOhead
FS Record: 2017/18 - £5000 profit from Sky FF

Post by wandacatvenus »

itslikebrandnew wrote: 21 Sep 2019, 16:30 Zinchenko and Sterling have cost me having a good week. Have got to look at getting a better captain than Pepe in for tomorrow but don't want to do a transfer that leads to another next week.
I am in the same boat. Zinchenko will be evaluated next weekend. If he starts midweek and Mendy is benched I might be worried.

It's not a nice price range for alternatives though

Art Vandelay
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: not bad

Post by Art Vandelay »

I'm also more concerned about Zinchenko. I thought he was safe for a few more weeks at least. I suspect Angelino will start in midweek keeping us all guessing for the weekend.

Biddles32
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2020/21 national finishing positions:

Sun dreamteam - 17th

SKy sports - 865th

TFF - 46th

Fanteam - 489th

Fanteam euros - TBC

Sun dream team euros - probable winner 😬

Post by Biddles32 »

Even considering taking Sterling out is scandalous! He’s not injured so Just leave him. Just think how many other managers have effed up captain him. Swings and roundabouts - you just gotta roll with it. Transfers are the single most important thing in this whole game ( even more so than having a captain every game day ) I’ve only used 2 so far and am in top 18,000 with 5 players playing today. I fully expect to finish in top 100 this year by being savvy with my transfers.

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man

Man City have had 3 games against mediocre teams and Sterlings points are 2,2 and 0. How can that be acceptable against teams like Brighton, Norwich and Watford?

He's being dumped from both my teams today.

wandacatvenus
FISOhead
FS Record: 2017/18 - £5000 profit from Sky FF

Post by wandacatvenus »

itslikebrandnew wrote: 22 Sep 2019, 08:52 Man City have had 3 games against mediocre teams and Sterlings points are 2,2 and 0. How can that be acceptable against teams like Brighton, Norwich and Watford?

You wont find many Pro players doing that.(apart from if they are rotating strikers)

You have to accept rotation with Pep. If you dont then dont consider Man City assets.

Sterling will probably start 75 per cent plus
games and be a sub in a large number of the remainder.

rodduz
FISOhead

Post by rodduz »

wandacatvenus wrote:
itslikebrandnew wrote: 22 Sep 2019, 08:52 Man City have had 3 games against mediocre teams and Sterlings points are 2,2 and 0. How can that be acceptable against teams like Brighton, Norwich and Watford?

You wont find many Pro players doing that.(apart from if they are rotating strikers)

You have to accept rotation with Pep. If you dont then dont consider Man City assets.

And be in the top 10 points wise come the end of the seaaon

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man

wandacatvenus wrote: 22 Sep 2019, 09:05

I accept rotation but Sterlings form has dipped hasn't it? Look at some of the other strikers and their points for the last 3 games and i really don't see how i can keep him. Added to that i see new opportunities by taking him out like strengthening captain options for the next week or two.

Maldini
Dumbledore

GW 7 Captains & transfers

Post by Maldini »

His form has dipped? Seriously?

I captained him yesterday so I’ve had a shocking weekend but he’s going nowhere.

Hopefully there’ll be plenty of players like yourself who struggle to accept that forwards don’t score in every game.

You’ll never do anything in fantasy football until you discover some patience.

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man

Can't afford passengers in attack this season when there are so many strikers performing at the moment.

Sterling has been swapped out for Aubameyang. It upgrades my captain for today from Pepe to Aubameyang and also on the 30th. I'm showing patience with Pepe by keeping him as he's taking a slot in midfield and Zinchenko who didnt play but i'll keep for another game just to see what happens.

Jimbo20
FISOhead

Post by Jimbo20 »

How can you say his form has dipped,He's playing as good as he ever has for both club and country. Cant believe people are panicking because he hasn't started one game. The only reason you should be considering taking him out is if your rotating strikers.

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man

It's not because he hasn't started one game. It's the fact in the last 3 games Man City have played Brighton, Norwich and Watford and Sterling has 4pts over 3 games for an average of 1.3pts per game.

I wouldnt find 1.3pts per game acceptable from 6.4m Norwood so why would i find it acceptable from Sterling?

How many points would you have thought Sterling would get from games against Brighton, Norwich and Watford ?

Maldini
Dumbledore

Post by Maldini »

I tend to look at the bigger picture. He’s scored 41pts in five games.

There’s nothing at all to suggest he won’t score a similar amount in the next 5 games.

Jimbo20
FISOhead

Post by Jimbo20 »

You will burn far to many transfers if you make a transfer every time your striker doesn't score for 2 games. If your defender doesn't keep a clean sheet for 2 games does he get transferred out? I'm considering taking Aguero or Sterling out myself but only as part of a rotation plan.

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man

Fair point maldini, i tend to break the game up into smaller chunks for strikers. So for example last 3 games points :-

Salah 31
Aguero 39
Kane 24
Aubameyang 23
Sterling 4
Mane 29
Firmino 21
Vardy 25
Son 30
C Wilson 30
Pukki 21
Abraham 52

and if i swap Sterling out for Aubameyang and that upgrades my captain for 2 games and gains me an extra game.

I look more long term at mid as that seems to be the lowest scoring so less gains and less losses by doing / not doing transfers there.

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man

Jimbo20 wrote: 22 Sep 2019, 11:16 You will burn far to many transfers if you make a transfer every time your striker doesn't score for 2 games. If your defender doesn't keep a clean sheet for 2 games does he get transferred out? I'm considering taking Aguero or Sterling out myself but only as part of a rotation plan.
He becomes part of a rotation plan because he's crap at the moment. I want Aubameyang in my team for today. My options are take out Aguero or Sterling or Kane so because Sterling is underperforming he goes.

I have another striker rotation plan next weekend and i know who i want in, but not who i want out....yet!

jaycar25
FISOhead
FS Record: Could be better!

Post by jaycar25 »

The fact that you have Pepe.
Means it could and will likely be a sideways
step.
What happens if Pepe smashes it,
and even if he doesn't, he should get
you some points.
Even if he doesn't this week, he's bound to
go on a run at some stage, and that will
probably be the time you don't captain him.
You can't expect to do well every week.
I've had a terrible start in team 2, and not
great in team 1, but team 2 for the first week
so far has had an outstanding week and almost caught up with team 1, just in one week.
Biddles is definitely right in what he says, and this
game swings in round abouts.
Even the person that wins it will go on a few bad runs at some stage.
Everyone forgets that Aubameyang in a few weeks will probably have some rotation with Laca when he comes back due to heavy work load.

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man

Pepe was never supposed to be captain material for me. He was just a stand in captain because i couldn't get my striker rotation to dovetail.

I put him in my team at the overhaul as i considered him a player who could average 5 or 6pts per game and players like Pogba and Eriksen were too risky. It might be that in 5 or 6 games i have to re-evaluate that as perhaps there is a better cheaper option.

The game i play is all about captaining strikers and i try to have strikers that are on good runs so i'm rotating every few weeks and trying to pick up extra fixtures as well.

By the time Lacazette is back i'll be past the fixtures that i want Arsenal captains for and i'll be onto my next striker rotation and Aubameyang won't be in my team.

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man

Sterling dumped to take advantage of extra fixtures and strikers in better form and hopefully give me stronger captaincy.

My captains are now

T1 Salah - was Pepe

T2 Aubameyang - was Pepe

Was tempted to dump Zinchenko and go with AWB / Maguire but we'll give it another week or i'll be burning through transfers like i did last year :lol:

rodduz
FISOhead

Post by rodduz »

Pepe hat trick incoming

Jimbo20
FISOhead

Post by Jimbo20 »

Aubameyang captain in both for me today,Could of gone Mane in team 1 or Salah in team 2 but fancy Aubameyang to score a few at home to Villa.

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man

rodduz wrote: 22 Sep 2019, 14:12 Pepe hat trick incoming Image

Wouldn't surprise me.

Could do with a Yarmolenko goal today or at least some bonus points. Not a 2pt game and subbed off after 65mins.

rodduz
FISOhead

Post by rodduz »

Got the Yormolenko so far!

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man

Yep happy with that. West Ham have a decent run of fixtures and if he can stay fit and perform he looks quite cheap and less than 1% have him.

His movement for the goal was great.

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man

I'll give it 10mins before Chelsea wipe out Liverpools clean sheet this week :lol:

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “SkySports Fantasy Football”