To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

There are at least 227279 teams this season

A forum for news and discussion on SkySports Fantasy Football. Both Football365 and TeamTalk used to feed into this game.
itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: ?

There are at least 227279 teams this season

Post by itslikebrandnew »

I know this because my crappy team scored 50pts this week putting me in 227279th place for the week.

rodduz
FISOhead

Re: There are at least 227279 teams this season

Post by rodduz »

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Biddles32
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2020/21 national finishing positions:

Sun dreamteam - 17th

SKy sports - 865th

TFF - 46th

Fanteam - 489th

Fanteam euros - TBC

Sun dream team euros - probable winner 😬

Post by Biddles32 »

Can beat that in one of my teams mate - 41 pts and 320,727th :lol:

wandacatvenus
FISOhead
FS Record: 2017/18 - £5000 profit from Sky FF

Post by wandacatvenus »

itslikebrandnew wrote: 20 Aug 2019, 09:06 I know this because my crappy team scored 50pts this week putting me in 227279th place for the week.
That is more than my team scored and I am not moaning. And there's at least 296160 teams.
It's a marathon not a Sprint.

Plus there are other Pro player below me. In fact my team looks average amongst
The Other Pro players on 179 Pts.

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man

wandacatvenus wrote: 20 Aug 2019, 17:03
itslikebrandnew wrote: 20 Aug 2019, 09:06 I know this because my crappy team scored 50pts this week putting me in 227279th place for the week.
That is more than my team scored and I am not moaning. And there's at least 296160 teams.
It's a marathon not a Sprint.

Plus there are other Pro player below me. In fact my team looks average amongst
The Other Pro players on 179 Pts.
I'm just disappointed in my start. Was looking forward to the footie season and watching some of the players in my team. Yesterday with Jota i switched off at half time.

wandacatvenus
FISOhead

Post by wandacatvenus »

The whole midfield is a problem area, particularly as the two highest scoring middys last Season (Sterling and Mane) are now strikers.

Pogba was next on an average of 5.37 pts per game but scores well only when he feels like playing (Think he got 2pts a game when I held him) The rest of the midfielders bar Delefeou and Sane who dont play every game anyway scored less than 5pts a game.

Lots of transfers can be lost (I normally do it) chasing last weeks midfield superstar.

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man

Yep it is. The only mid who seems capable of big returns on a consistent basis is KDB and at the price he was just to expensive to gamble on straight from the start especially if you go Sterling as well making KDB redundant as captain.

My midfield consists of Siggy, Deulofeu, Jota, and now Norwood. Before the season i was happy with my selection. Siggy gets reasonable ppm and with easy fixtures, being on pens and captain for one matchday. Jota out of position i thought could hold his own in not the easiest of fixtures but he had a good preseason and he would also be captain for one matchday. Deulofeu had a great ppm return last season but didnt always play. The gossip was he'd start this season (and he did but very poorly) and his price was tempting. All 3 so far havent performed at all. My fourth mid is now Norwood as i'm resigned to midfielders just being a minefield so i might as well have a cheap playmaker and enough cash to go from Siggy to Kane after Evertons game.

I think with the state of the midfield i'll be going 4-3-3 after the overhaul.

rodduz
FISOhead

Post by rodduz »

itslikebrandnew wrote:Yep it is. The only mid who seems capable of big returns on a consistent basis is KDB and at the price he was just to expensive to gamble on straight from the start especially if you go Sterling as well making KDB redundant as captain.

My midfield consists of Siggy, Deulofeu, Jota, and now Norwood. Before the season i was happy with my selection. Siggy gets reasonable ppm and with easy fixtures, being on pens and captain for one matchday. Jota out of position i thought could hold his own in not the easiest of fixtures but he had a good preseason and he would also be captain for one matchday. Deulofeu had a great ppm return last season but didnt always play. The gossip was he'd start this season (and he did but very poorly) and his price was tempting. All 3 so far havent performed at all. My fourth mid is now Norwood as i'm resigned to midfielders just being a minefield so i might as well have a cheap playmaker and enough cash to go from Siggy to Kane after Evertons game.

I think with the state of the midfield i'll be going 4-3-3 after the overhaul.
They haven't performed but they have only played TWO games. They'll do absolutely fine them lot

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man

It really doesnt matter how well they do over the whole season. The game is split into segments with the overhauls. This segment is 4 games, so 50% of the games gone.

rodduz
FISOhead

Post by rodduz »

itslikebrandnew wrote:It really doesnt matter how well they do over the whole season. The game is split into segments with the overhauls. This segment is 4 games, so 50% of the games gone.
What?! So if they are the highest scorer over the season that doesn't matter because they only scored x amount during first "segment"?! what!

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man

rodduz wrote: 21 Aug 2019, 08:31
itslikebrandnew wrote:It really doesnt matter how well they do over the whole season. The game is split into segments with the overhauls. This segment is 4 games, so 50% of the games gone.
What?! So if they are the highest scorer over the season that doesn't matter because they only scored x amount during first "segment"?! what!

They need to be big point scorers when i first have them or when it costs other managers a transfer to get them to copy what i already have.

If for example they start getting points in the next two games then i'll still be behind and EVERYONE gets them for ZERO transfers in the overhaul so it doesn't help me.

wandacatvenus
FISOhead

Post by wandacatvenus »

ILBN. Our of Interest what position did you expect to be in at Overhaul?

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man

Because people burn transfers so positions are false i'd probably say at worst 30,000. Pretty sure last season i drifted around 30-50k before climbing up to top 300. Season before started better and was up to 52nd around halfway through the season. Both seasons i burnt transfers little too fast.

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man

wandacatvenus wrote: 21 Aug 2019, 12:23 ILBN. Our of Interest what position did you expect to be in at Overhaul?
I'm well above where i expected to be now. Just need an average weekend to stay there and i think the key to that will be getting the Man City / Liverpool captain on Saturday.

idea
Treebeard

Post by idea »

Out of interest why do you play ILBN? Its seems to cause you a huge amount of frustration and stress with 100s of comments on these boards up to just after Christmas. Is it for fun? Or do you believe you can make money from it?

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man

Enjoy playing, adds a bit of excitement to the live games on tv having my players play (it's much cheaper than betting :lol: ).

Doesn't cause me any stress. Get a bit frustrated at times, and more so when people have a go at me for moves they wouldn't do.....especially before it's proven to be a bad move.

Not sure i'm good enough to make money from it, but i feel i should be good enough to be up there challenging.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “SkySports Fantasy Football”