To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

overhaul?

A forum for news and discussion on SkySports Fantasy Football. Both Football365 and TeamTalk used to feed into this game.
Cheltenhamff
Kevin and Perry

overhaul?

Post by Cheltenhamff »

Hi all,

New to this,

Two gameweeks until the overhaul, dramatic changes or small tweaks i was thinking.....

Pickford,

Arnold, Dawson, Hanley/Jagielka
De Bruyne, Caballos, Maddison, Mcginn
Kane, Salah, Sterling

or

Pickford,

Arnold, Zinchenko, Dawson,

Maddison, Mcginn, Ndombele, Ceballos,

Kane, Salah, Sterling

Cheers all.

Thoughts? Ideas?

Cheers.

Johnners
Grumpy Old Spur
FS Record: Hit and miss

Re: overhaul?

Post by Johnners »

Are you suggesting making these changes before the overhaul or after it?

If it's before, then it'd help to know what your current line-up is. Generally though, I'd try to avoid any tweaks pre-overhaul, unless you're currently missing the obvious big-hitters over the next two weeks, or you're short of a captaincy option for any one of those days.

If you're talking post-overhaul, then one of the most important aspects of the Sky game is trying to have a decent captain for every day, so you might want to think about including a Southampton or Bournemouth player for 20th September.

Cheltenhamff
Kevin and Perry

Post by Cheltenhamff »

Hi Johnners

This is my potential post overhaul team,

Thanks the the nod on the Southampton/Bournemouth shout. I could go with Fraser but he has had a slow start. I'm not sure his return would better Maddison over a period of time who would be the one likely to sit out.

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: ?

Post by itslikebrandnew »

I'll be starting with a B'mouth player and get 2 games from him both as captains on the 15th and 20th and then change to Maddison.

Cheltenhamff
Kevin and Perry

Post by Cheltenhamff »

Who's your Bournemouth pick?

Playing the fixtures is obviously key and something i need to get to grips with,

I wouldn't want to drop any of my strikers, and my midfield is likely to be Maddison, Mcginn, Ndombele, Ceballos - so Madidison or Caballos to come out for probably Fraser, or Fraser for Ndombelle and free up some more money for elsewhere.

Maldini
Dumbledore

Post by Maldini »

Obvious Bournemouth pick is Harry Wilson. Cheap as chips.

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man

Narrowed it down to Harry Wilson or Fraser.

Cheltenhamff
Kevin and Perry

Post by Cheltenhamff »

Harry Wilson is a great shout, scored well last year at Derby. If he is a regular then he could be a great additional and a good enabler.

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man

Btw T1 Dawson, Hanley/Jagielka......means you're basically playing with 9 men.

I'm also going 3 up front but i've dumped the Liverpool defenders as they seem to like giving a goal away every game now and it makes them too expensive. I'm currently sifting through the deadwood trying to find a cheap def that's capable of bonus points even if they can't keep a clean sheet.

Cheltenhamff
Kevin and Perry

Post by Cheltenhamff »

I'm currenlty leaning to the following,

Pickford,

Dann, Alexander Arnold, Zinchenko,

Maddison, Wilson,Ndombele, Ceballos,

Kane, Salah, Sterling.

Unless anyone can tell me otherwise i feel this team is fairly well balanced with potential point scores in all areas and a range of clubs.

Does the overhaul start after game week 4 and then you have until the next kick off to make your changes?

Cheers.

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man

Team looks decent especially playing with 3 premiums up front.

Overhaul happens after gw4 and when you logon it will say that we're now in the overhaul period and give you unlimited transfers. So you'll be able to change your team as much as you like within the overhaul period which i believe is up until kick off of the next game.

Johnners
Grumpy Old Spur

Post by Johnners »

Hi Cheltenhamff. Can't help noticing you chose McGinn initially, who I'd assumed was your captain for Villa v West Ham on the first Monday after the overhaul, but he's missing from your revised draft. What made you give him the elbow?

Cheltenhamff
Kevin and Perry

Post by Cheltenhamff »

Yes I've since noticed the Villa v West Ham game.

So basically i need a player from Villa/West Ham and a player from Bournemouth/Southampton.

For me Grelish and Wilson are the 2 front runners, i get the importance of captains and double double points, but will my concern is whether they will perform after almost building the side around them.

Option 1

Pickford

Dann, Chilwell, Zinchenko

De Bruyne, Maddison, Grealish, Wilson

Kane, Salah, Sterling.

Option 2

Pickford,

Dann, Alexander, Zinchenko

Fraser, Jota, Maddison, McGinn,

Kane, Salah, Sterling.

Option 3

Pickford,

Mings, Maguire, Zinchenko,

Maddison, Wilson, Ndombele, Caballos,

Kane, Salah, Sterling

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man

I'd avoid changing too much to squeeze in a single match day captain. Unless you get lucky then half the time you end up with 4 points. It's ok if the player is good for bonus points and keeps your team ticking along but i found the 2pts a game and 4 points when captain is just a waste of time.

Johnners
Grumpy Old Spur

Post by Johnners »

Cheltenhamff, there will always be the odd match throughout the season where you just don't fancy a captain, so if you're happy to skip a certain fixture then that's fine. The risk will be where you're missing a captain that's heavily owned and he scores big.

You're right that you don't want to mess up your whole squad for the sake of just one game, but that's what we have 40 transfers for - once one of your players has outlived his usefulness, just move him on and scour the form and fixtures for his replacement.

The bonus points are another big factor in the game - last season for instance, players like Van Dijk and Laporte consistently hit 60/70 passes a game due to their teams' dominance in possession so, even if they conceded, five points a match from each of them was almost a given.

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man

The problem this season is that players like Van Dijk and Laporte have those bonus points priced into them and last season they didnt.

wandacatvenus
FISOhead
FS Record: 2017/18 - £5000 profit from Sky FF

Post by wandacatvenus »

itslikebrandnew wrote: 20 Aug 2019, 10:48 The problem this season is that players like Van Dijk and Laporte have those bonus points priced into them and last season they didnt.
These two players wil still be in this years Top 5 value players as measured on a PPMG basis.

This weekend City and Liverpool both contended and Van Dijk still scores 5pts and Laporte 4 pts (Denied another 3pts by VAR)

They are premium priced defenders for a REASON.

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man

wandacatvenus wrote: 20 Aug 2019, 17:12
itslikebrandnew wrote: 20 Aug 2019, 10:48 The problem this season is that players like Van Dijk and Laporte have those bonus points priced into them and last season they didnt.
These two players wil still be in this years Top 5 value players as measured on a PPMG basis.

This weekend City and Liverpool both contended and Van Dijk still scores 5pts and Laporte 4 pts (Denied another 3pts by VAR)

They are premium priced defenders for a REASON.
The reason they are premium priced is the expectation of bonus points and about 20 clean sheets a season. If those 20 clean sheets turn into 15 then there might be 1 or 2 cheaper players that offer better value.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “SkySports Fantasy Football”