To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Week 2 Captains & Transfers

A forum for news and discussion on SkySports Fantasy Football. Both Football365 and TeamTalk used to feed into this game.
itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: ?

Re: Week 2 Captains & Transfers

Post by itslikebrandnew »

I'll have used 3 in t1 and 1 in t2.

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man

llama wrote: 18 Aug 2019, 14:30
itslikebrandnew wrote: 18 Aug 2019, 13:55 Barkley seems to be either a 1 or 2 pointer
You not think your sample size is a tad small there? He’s only played one game.

He could do well today.
And he could be bench warming.

wandacatvenus
FISOhead
FS Record: 2017/18 - £5000 profit from Sky FF

Post by wandacatvenus »

itslikebrandnew wrote: 18 Aug 2019, 13:55 Barkley seems to be either a 1 or 2 pointer

He could do well today.
It's the same as people who say Salah is guaranteed a Brace on almost every game. It comes down to the Fear Factor. If he was to get a brace in every game, that's 76 goals a Season. Even Messi and Ronaldo dont manage that.

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man

Surely the idea of transfers is to improve your team. If i have 5 or 6 crap players now i should be improving my team. Come overhaul i might have a decent team with maybe only 1 or 2 low scoring players but if im consistently near the top weekly score i wont need to throw transfers at it.

Being consistently near the bottom means i've made poor selections.

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man

He could do well today.
He'll have to do well as a super sub today.

Just Give Up
Wideboy

Post by Just Give Up »

Maddison and Perez for me today

Yorkshire Exile
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Yorkshire Exile »

itslikebrandnew wrote: 18 Aug 2019, 15:19 Surely the idea of transfers is to improve your team. If i have 5 or 6 crap players now i should be improving my team. Come overhaul i might have a decent team with maybe only 1 or 2 low scoring players but if im consistently near the top weekly score i wont need to throw transfers at it.

At the overhaul you don't need to dip into your transfers. No idea what score you are on but I wouldn't worry about the leaders just yet..... I've used one across my 2 teams where i shifted Alison. Sure I've got undeperformers but using transfers to swap them for other undeperformers is folly.

Maldini
Dumbledore

Post by Maldini »

Agreed. My midfields are utter gash but they’re staying until the overhaul.
We’ll have a bit more evidence of possible bargains and it won’t cost me any transfers. Win, win.

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man

Yorkshire Exile wrote: 18 Aug 2019, 16:17
itslikebrandnew wrote: 18 Aug 2019, 15:19 Surely the idea of transfers is to improve your team. If i have 5 or 6 crap players now i should be improving my team. Come overhaul i might have a decent team with maybe only 1 or 2 low scoring players but if im consistently near the top weekly score i wont need to throw transfers at it.

At the overhaul you don't need to dip into your transfers. No idea what score you are on but I wouldn't worry about the leaders just yet..... I've used one across my 2 teams where i shifted Alison. Sure I've got undeperformers but using transfers to swap them for other undeperformers is folly.
I'm worried that for two weeks now my weekly score has been poor and that i have 5 or 6 really poor performers that i dont see improving. It surely makes sense to dump 1 or 2 now and hope after the overhaul that i can pick a team consistently better so won't need to transfers for a while.

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man

Maldini wrote: 18 Aug 2019, 16:23 Agreed. My midfields are utter gash but they’re staying until the overhaul.
We’ll have a bit more evidence of possible bargains and it won’t cost me any transfers. Win, win.
Ok i understand that bit, but surely if you can gain 40 points now by doing 2 transfers it's worth doing. There's no point saving transfers up and then wasting them on 4 point gains.

I wanted Kane in my team for the Newcastle match but i would have had to remove either Salah or Sterling. Now i dont have to because by getting rid of bench warmer barkley, and siggy after his 3rd game and i can gain an extra game from Kane

rodduz
FISOhead

Post by rodduz »

A transfer is a transfer, whenever it's made. A good one is a good one and a shit one is a shit one.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man

That's what i think, i guess it just depends on what value everyone puts on a transfer.......10pts, 20pts?

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man

It's like last week no-one got my Kepa transfer. However this weekend if he keeps a clean sheet i'll be better off than if i went Ederson.

I may still get it wrong, but the idea was i couldnt have Barkley as captain today as i didnt think he would start so i went Kepa. I got the Barkley sub right, but it's probably a bit of a stretch to get 2 things right :lol:

rodduz
FISOhead

Post by rodduz »

Last year I made a shed load of transfer at one point chasing points and went massively ahead in my mimi leagues. Towards the end others were making loads and pulled points back. If I'd done them at the end it would have been the same as doing them in middle. Makes no difference as long as maximise points

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man

2nd week in a row.....Zouma :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x

Chelsea dont want to be falling apart again this week. I need something from Kepa.

BLOCKHEAD
Grumpy Old Man

Post by BLOCKHEAD »

Pukki will tear Zouma a new one next week. Ederson will keep a cleansheet against Bournemouth.

rodduz
FISOhead

Post by rodduz »

BLOCKHEAD wrote:Pukki will tear Zouma a new one next week. Ederson will keep a cleansheet against Bournemouth.
Wouldn't put money on any team keeping a clean sheet, they dont seem capable of it!

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man

If it stays at 1-1 then Kepa scores 4 compared to Edersons 1 point. If i had gone Ederson i'd have gone Barkley captain as well which would have been a big fat zero.

rodduz
FISOhead

Post by rodduz »

Barkley didn't start so doubt you'd have gone with him?

Maldini
Dumbledore

Post by Maldini »

But Kepa is your captain?

I have Ederson but Maddison captain today so you haven’t gained you’ve lost out on me and I suspect thousands of others.

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man

rodduz wrote: 18 Aug 2019, 18:16 Barkley didn't start so doubt you'd have gone with him?

But it's because i assumed he wouldnt start this week that i transferred to Kepa last week.

If i thought he would start i'd have gone Ederson and then Barkley.

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man

Maldini wrote: 18 Aug 2019, 18:18 But Kepa is your captain?

I have Ederson but Maddison captain today so you haven’t gained you’ve lost out on me and I suspect thousands of others.
But i'd have lost out even more if had barkley as captain today. I can only do transfers to improve my scoring and not lower anyone elses scores :lol:

Maldini
Dumbledore

Week 2 Captains & Transfers

Post by Maldini »

But you’re trying to portray the Kepa transfer as a positive. It really isn’t.

By the time we get to the overhaul, I’ll be surprised if you’ve got 12pts from him.

You might as well have left Allison in. ;)

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man

It's a bad transfer, i said i put him in targetting a clean sheet with captaincy in this match and i got it wrong.

I'm just trying to look on the bright side as my team is total crap

Yorkshire Exile
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Yorkshire Exile »

I just have deja vu from last year.

Host of folk offering legit and experienced advice (which doesn't necessarily mean it's the optimal all the time) and ilbn ignoring it.....

I await the wailing and gnashing of teeth in march when out of transfers and the top x position becomes top x + several k......

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man

Seriously?

I took the advice with a premium goalkeeper....Alisson, that worked out great didnt it.

I took the advice with premium defenders.....VDD and TAA and the Liverpool defence is shit.

If i'd have done what i did last year i'd have gone all Sheff Utd players at the back and a premium front 3, and i'd be doing alot better than i am now.

Seems whatever i do the opposite is the best thing to do. I'll be giving the game up at the end of the season anyway.......unless by some miracle i finish in the top 500

Just Give Up
Wideboy

Post by Just Give Up »

It's only week 2. 1 good captain choice can change everything in this game.

Captains tomorrow? Wolves home. Was thinking it will be a tight game, not many goals.

Johnners
Grumpy Old Spur
FS Record: Hit and miss

Post by Johnners »

Jota. Tempted by United after their first game, but daft to change tack now and blow a transfer so close to the overhaul.

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man

Jota in both teams.

rodduz
FISOhead

Post by rodduz »

Martial. Got Jota too but fancy United