To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Saturday captains and banter

A forum for news and discussion on SkySports Fantasy Football. Both Football365 and TeamTalk used to feed into this game.
itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: ?

Re: Saturday captains and banter

Post by itslikebrandnew »

BLOCKHEAD wrote: 12 Aug 2019, 19:47 Man City kept 4 cleansheets in those fixtures last season :?
It's easy in hindsight to find data that validates your way of thinking.

If i'd have got a few points for saves and a man of the match award for Kapa i'd have pointed out that Man U v Chelsea last season finished 1-1.

Instead i have to deal with the fact Chelsea had more shots on target, more shots off target and more possession but got thrashed 4-0 all because Zouma is about as good as Titus Bramble.

It's a game of slim margins and up until the first goal Chelsea were the better team.

Maldini
Dumbledore

Post by Maldini »

You do take overthinking things to another level mate.

CBN
Dumbledore
FS Record: Three top ten seasonal finishes in the last five years; three Weekender wins; and three times Big Balls champion!

Post by CBN »

get_on_my_cocker wrote: 12 Aug 2019, 20:02
CBN wrote: 12 Aug 2019, 06:59 Rashford definitely missing 2 points from somewhere. Two goals and a Tier One shots bonus recorded here: https://www.ffstuff.co.uk/playersskyPts201920.php
Rashford has 14 points - 2 goals and a tier one shot bonus.
Indeed he does. They fixed it at about 11am this morning.

Gooner66
Treebeard
FS Record: A few bob over the years, most recently won the Irish Times Fantasy Euros Comp

Post by Gooner66 »

itslikebrandnew wrote: 12 Aug 2019, 19:06
Gooner66 wrote: 12 Aug 2019, 17:24
itslikebrandnew wrote: 12 Aug 2019, 09:05 101 points for me, rather pathetic after getting decent scores from captaining Salah and Sterling. Could have transferred to Aubameyang for captain but didnt want to blow 2 transfers.

Playing 4 in midfield and they got 10pts between the lot of them......just not good enough.
Too right, it's a diabolical liberty.

I don't think you should leave it that. You should write to them. For example:

Dear Diego

I made you Captain, I believed in you, and you let me down....badly.

You're a useless **** and a ******* knob

Regards

ILBN
They should write to me asking me not to pick them as i turn them to crap.
:D :D

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man

Maldini wrote: 12 Aug 2019, 21:04 You do take overthinking things to another level mate. Image
Not really, i just try to get an advantage by looking for an alternative to what the majority are doing.

Maldini
Dumbledore

Post by Maldini »

Exactly.

The majority are doing it for a reason.

You’ve been told this before though so you’re stubborn to the point you’d rather fail than accept you’re wrong. :lol:

rodduz
FISOhead

Post by rodduz »

Is kind of a flawed approach. Got to so what the masses do basically and make marginally better choices here and there, not do the opposite and hope a miracle happens

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man

Maldini wrote: 13 Aug 2019, 09:17 Exactly.

The majority are doing it for a reason.

You’ve been told this before though so you’re stubborn to the point you’d rather fail than accept you’re wrong. :lol:
Because it's the easy option and doesnt take much thought.

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man

rodduz wrote: 13 Aug 2019, 09:19 Is kind of a flawed approach. Got to so what the masses do basically and make marginally better choices here and there, not do the opposite and hope a miracle happens

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
How is what i did hoping for a miracle? I explained beforehand what i was thinking of doing and NOBODY said it was a crap move then. After the event and when things didnt pan out for me everyone acts like i made an idiot choice.

Talk about people being wise after the event.

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man

Oh and we've only played 25% of games so it could still work out for me :D

BLOCKHEAD
Grumpy Old Man

Post by BLOCKHEAD »

Chelsea leaked goals left, right and centre pre-season. They conceded 8 in their final 3 pre-season games to mediocre opposition.

This was a simple move - the keeper who kept the most cleansheets last season gets injured so you bring in the keeper who kept just 1 less cleansheet than him last season.

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man

As i say you're being wise after the event and finding any stats that stand up to your point of view.

I too can pick and choose stats. Man City only kept a clean sheet in 1 out of 5 of their last preseason games.

Maldini
Dumbledore

Post by Maldini »

I can’t help feeling that you’re trolling now.

Nobody is THAT obtuse for real. 😉

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man

I'm done with posting on here. There's some real twits on here that just want to single people out and try to piss them off. I aint putting up with a load of people getting on my case for making a transfer that hasnt worked out for 1 game.

I bet CBN didnt get any shit like this and he went for a full chelsea block defence.

BLOCKHEAD
Grumpy Old Man

Post by BLOCKHEAD »

itslikebrandnew wrote: 13 Aug 2019, 09:49 Oh and we've only played 25% of games so it could still work out for me :D
Kepa already 10 points down on Ederson - there's no way he's clawing that back before the overhaul. In fact, I only see the margin getting bigger and could be a 20-30 points difference by the overhaul.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “SkySports Fantasy Football”