To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

RMT please

A forum for news and discussion on SkySports Fantasy Football. Both Football365 and TeamTalk used to feed into this game.
CptPugwash
Grumpy Old Man

RMT please

Post by CptPugwash »

Wasn't going to do FF this year, but at the last minuted decided just to do Sky (as 1 of my teams is going to be picked by nibs).
Have no knowledge of pre-season or transfers so relying on you guys here.

Alisson 8.0

Coleman 8.0
Digne 8.6
Holebas 7.7
Van Dijk 10.5
Zinchenko 8.2

Barkley 8.0
Lingard 8.3
Doucoure 8.1

Aubameyang 11.7
Sterling 11.6

1.3m in the bank

My thoughts.
Tried to pick a team that needs no transfers in the 1st 4 weeks & covers all captains.
surprised to see so little mention of Auba, as i see Arsenal as having 3 good Captain slots - am i missing something here.
No Kane - to me it looks like a big overlap with Man City for Captain picks -if i dont need Kane for Captain then i think the money is better spent spreading around. Sterling/Aguero looks a toss up so the .5m saving might come in handy. I fully understand that a lot of people will prefer Kane in this slot.
No Salah - more than happy to go with Van Dijk for the Liverpool Captain slots - likely MotM magnet.
That leaves the following Cpt slots.
Week 2 Sunday, week 2 Monday Week 3 Friday,
I wanted Chelsea coverage for the first so went with Barkley, Man U for the 2nd - Lingard & Everton for the 3rd - Digne.
Rest of the team
Zinchenko looks a relative bargain if he starts?
Everton, Liverpool & Watford have the friendliest opening 4-week fixture list.

Northernmonkey
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 8th TFFO 2008/09

Re: RMT please

Post by Northernmonkey »

Solid team captain!

I also have Auba in my non-ISO side. I think people are quiet as he was so frustrating as captain last season, forever benched when his time came around.

VVD over Salah is the bigger risk, several 50 pointer opportunities in the first few weeks for Mo. That said VVD could easily outscore Mo before the overhaul (hence I’m going with both).

Be good to see you back in ISO.

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: ?

Post by itslikebrandnew »

2 i'm not keen on :-

Lingard 8.3
Doucoure 8.1

I think there is better value to be found elsewhere.

I went with Auba, i'm not sure that it's 3 "good" captain picks. He just fills in the gaps nicely.

You're right with Kane and Man C overlapping, i went with Kane and left out Man City attacking players.

No Salah is a gamble. I went with him just because his first fixture at home to Norwich scares me. That could be a 50pointer. The rest of Liverpools fixtures you can pair off with a captain that can equal Salah's potential haul so i get your reasoning there.

rodduz
FISOhead

Post by rodduz »

Doucore can be upgraded significantly with the spare money in the bank. Rest looks nice!

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man

My team 1 i am looking at having Salah for the Norwich match and transferring him out Saturday for a Man City player and it means i wont need Kane either.

I think using 1 transfer as insurance against a possible 50pt haul is worth it.

CptPugwash
Grumpy Old Man

Post by CptPugwash »

A couple of questions.

Is there a consensus on who is likely to start up top for Everton?

Wolves - Man U. If it wasn't for this game I don't think id be looking at players from either team for the first 4. I don't particular want to go Rashford as i don't think he's value & it sort of forces me into 433. I know there's not a lot of love for Lingard - but he looks like value to me, assuming he's a regular starter. AWB or Maguire look possible choices - thoughts?

Chelsea have the 4th best opening fixtures (after Everton, Liverpool & Watford) & the obvious Captain pick for Week 2 Sunday.
The defence IMO doesn't look value yet, the strikers are non-starters which leaves the midfield - quite handy as i'm finding these the hardest slots to fill.
The bIg question is Pulisic worth 2.1M more than Berkley? Is that difference due to Pulisic's better expected ppg or his more certain spot in the team or a combination of the two, and is it justified. Just to throw a spanner in the works does Hazard's departure & Willian's injury make Pedro an appealing alternative?

I want a Watford defender.
Holebas (1.8%) 7.7 Janmaat (.94%) 6.9 Dawson (.93%) 6.1. are the top 3 picks.
wheres the value? Is there selection risk?

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man

Must be the 30m new boy Kean, unless he isn't ready for the new season.

If you're picking players from teams based on 1 fixture that could go either way i wouldn't bother. It's a bit different if you can see an easy victory for a team. I fell into that trap last season and got really frustrated at just picking up the 2 extra points.

Barkley for me, i think the Pulisic price reflects sky think he's a guaranteed starter and Barkley isn't. Pedro is frustrating, when i had him last season he'd never get the full 90mins.

Holebas is the value pick for Watford.

CptPugwash
Grumpy Old Man

Post by CptPugwash »

itslikebrandnew wrote: 06 Aug 2019, 17:21 If you're picking players from teams based on 1 fixture that could go either way i wouldn't bother. It's a bit different if you can see an easy victory for a team. I fell into that trap last season and got really frustrated at just picking up the 2 extra points.
In the middle of the season, messing with your team to squeeze in a random monday night captain would be debatable at best. However this is an entirely different beast. I'm looking for an 11th player in a 4 week game. The question is -is Lingard/Mata/Jota/Moutinho or whoever a better pick with there - 3 other games + 1 captain game than a similarly priced alternate for the final spot in my team.
For it to be a bad pick (assuming whoever i elect for the slot plays regularly) - the alternative would have to score 2 more goals or 1 goal & an assist , 1 goal and an MotM or whatever over the 4 games - you get the gist. (& even then it's not likely to be a massive downswing)
The upside is that if my guy does do the business as captain - the alternate cheap midfielder has almost zero chance of matching that even over 4 games.
I am certain i want a Man U or Wolves player (not certain which) probably a midfielder or possibly a defender. Trouble is I haven't got a clue who yet.

Thanks for the input. I'm just stubbornly set about this particular point.

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man

CptPugwash wrote: 07 Aug 2019, 14:08
itslikebrandnew wrote: 06 Aug 2019, 17:21 If you're picking players from teams based on 1 fixture that could go either way i wouldn't bother. It's a bit different if you can see an easy victory for a team. I fell into that trap last season and got really frustrated at just picking up the 2 extra points.
In the middle of the season, messing with your team to squeeze in a random monday night captain would be debatable at best. However this is an entirely different beast. I'm looking for an 11th player in a 4 week game. The question is -is Lingard/Mata/Jota/Moutinho or whoever a better pick with there - 3 other games + 1 captain game than a similarly priced alternate for the final spot in my team.
For it to be a bad pick (assuming whoever i elect for the slot plays regularly) - the alternative would have to score 2 more goals or 1 goal & an assist , 1 goal and an MotM or whatever over the 4 games - you get the gist. (& even then it's not likely to be a massive downswing)
The upside is that if my guy does do the business as captain - the alternate cheap midfielder has almost zero chance of matching that even over 4 games.
I am certain i want a Man U or Wolves player (not certain which) probably a midfielder or possibly a defender. Trouble is I haven't got a clue who yet.

Thanks for the input. I'm just stubbornly set about this particular point.
I wasn't talking about "messing" with my team, they were advance thought out transfers like getting in Aguero for an easy game, and an extra game. Rarely did it pay off, and that's big clubs against minnows. What looks like an even game is even harder to make a good call on a captain, and add to that the fixtures for both teams aren't that great and Wolves could suffer the Burnley effect.

Having said that it's entirely up to you........if i had to pick a player i'd probably go with Neves or Jota.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “SkySports Fantasy Football”