To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Transfers left

A forum for news and discussion on SkySports Fantasy Football. Both Football365 and TeamTalk used to feed into this game.
Billy Stark
FISOhead

Re: How many transfers left?

Post by Billy Stark »

Number of transfers used is the big one.

Anyone who doesn't think that provides more than a slight edge is on the hard stuff.

Of course it does and would potentially influence your own strategy/transfer profligacy. Granted not at this time of the season but after the 2nd overhaul that info could become gold.

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: ?

Post by itslikebrandnew »

Buffrey wrote: 30 Oct 2018, 14:22 Just to check. Has everyone seen the information?

Assuming so, why is anyone complaining? They’re still getting information above “casuals” and surly it’s no different from other info.

The method to disseminate information through user community doesn’t really matter and they’ve just used 2 people that are ambassadors of the game.

I mean if dan or luke or anyone WON sky I don’t think it would be down to this and I would 100% think they deserve it.

I assume the only people that are really complaining are those that are doing well and it could mean they are better?
Nope, not everyone has seen the info. I haven't seen anything

Why doesn't it matter that some are getting this info and some arent?

You wouldn't know if it's down to this or not and that's not even the point.

Of course it's the ones doing better that are complaining, the ones doing badly probably don't even read this section now. As to whether we would be doing better is debatable, but the whole point is it SHOULDNT be debatable as information to a select few should not happen. If sky release information that is relevant to the game it should be to EVERYONE so it's FAIR.

I was really enjoying this game but to know it's not being played fairly and this is down to sky means i probably wont bother playing next season.

Yorkshire Exile
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Yorkshire Exile »

Buffrey wrote: 30 Oct 2018, 14:22 Just to check. Has everyone seen the information?

Assuming so, why is anyone complaining? They’re still getting information above “casuals” and surly it’s no different from other info.

The method to disseminate information through user community doesn’t really matter and they’ve just used 2 people that are ambassadors of the game.

I mean if dan or luke or anyone WON sky I don’t think it would be down to this and I would 100% think they deserve it.

I assume the only people that are really complaining are those that are doing well and it could mean they are better?
also be helpful to know Mark if the @skypodcast that you run that the 'owners' of the stats appear on - is that an official sky thing? I presume it is given you are using their logos?

My vested interest is clear and driven partly by self interest and partly through my sense of fair play.

do ambassadors get some sort of diplomatic immunity?

Buffrey
Kevin and Perry
FS Record: Good

Post by Buffrey »

Lets take injury news then.

There are lots of twitter accounts that report injuries NOT mentioned in the mainstream media / press conference.

Is this any different? The use of a itk to disseminate information?

I understand having extra Information might be construed as unfair but as it’s for community use and shared immediately the key thing is that it gets out there. I’m sure that’s sky’s aim as well as Dan/Luke and any others.

If one withheld vital information to gain an advantage I would trust the integrity of sky to then limit this. Likewise people trusted to give out information surely have to be given the benefit of the doubt.

It comes down to whether we want this information or not and although I’m sure you’ll say NOT I like it as a benefit for more serious players.

Trust involved for sure but to say they aren’t viable for the prize or even taken advantage is a stretch.

Billy Stark
FISOhead

Post by Billy Stark »

One common theme seems to be the false pretence that this information is 'out there'.

That's disingenuous. How many followers does Luke have on twitter for example? I've never listened to the podcast and if you reveal the release of such information through that platform then fair enough but what % of players are aware of either your twitter accounts or your podcasts?

Should we just believe 3 people we don't know are fully transparant and release all info they have access to or should we begin to question whether you have access to additional information that is perhaps not released?

FWIW i believe you do release what info you have but it is a stretch to suggest it is out there for all to see.

Cars and Mané
Red & Blue Braces
FS Record: Sky Fantasy Football Winner 2017/18

Post by Cars and Mané »

It's a bit of a grey area isn't it.

The stuff on fpldiscovery could be gathered by anyone with the programming skills, but realistically I think the vast majority could not reproduce it themselves, myself included. It is now something everyone knows about but only through word of mouth. FPL have never said it exists.

You can argue that this is different, as Sky provided Luke with the data. But I'd argue it isn't different in practical terms. Either way it's inaccessible to the average player.

The transfers remaining stuff was available on ffscout last season.

I am generally in favour of increased transparency with the Sky game. I would argue that the popularity of the game suffers due to its opacity (although maybe that's better for us). However, I do agree that Sky should be providing this information directly rather than leaking it through a couple of people.

mad dog
Dumbledog
FS Record: Sky Winner 16/17

Post by mad dog »

The stats I receive from gfm will be on FFH this Thursday/Friday as a free piece.

Tbh I’d bunged them on with my team and future plans as a paid piece as I don’t want every Tom dick and Harry seeing my team. They’ll also be on the news section of sky app/site and sky sports news. I presume you read these.

Gfm are happy to share all these stats to promote the game. The stats I get on a Thursday are for the previous week. So the captain choices will still be on mostly last weeks etc. I find the transfer trends interesting although mainly the obvious though. So if Man City are playing Monday you know that 1/2 of those players will be the most transferred in and captained. The transfers left is great info though. But it doesn’t take a rocket scientist to work out that most will have used a tonne of transfers in top 10/100.

I didn’t even know they were on ffs the year I won till later on I think. Sky themselves put the top five transfers in on Facebook/twitter so if you don’t use these you’ll be missing out also.

Yorkie if you play fantasy football as well as you moan you’d win everything going.

Also I find the other site that has scrapped all the data much more interesting. I’ve managed to track yorkies team over the last few game weeks and coupled with the scores and what he’s said I reckon I could pretty much name his team and transfers used.

Toffeeman
FISOhead
FS Record: 49th YTM 2008/2009, 63 TFC 2011,T3 SDT Nov Premium Monthly

Post by Toffeeman »

Think I must be going mad :D

Yorkshire Exile
Grumpy Old Man

I've not even managed to track my own team :lol: suppose I should be flattered... Although predictable after I declared my transfer / position. Most decent managers I expect will have 80% same players anyhow....

Transferred in and out stats is useless. The vast majority are fking useless and will not have planned captains etc

The thing that is interesting is where it relates to important subsets of players notably top 10 and top 100 splits. Here transfers remaining is key as it helps dictate strategy.

My gripe is about just making this visible to everyone.... Shouldn't have to dig around on multitude of twitter accounts and forums to find info some people get sent...

Ps I'm planning on winning :wink:

Billy Stark
FISOhead

Post by Billy Stark »

mad dog wrote: 30 Oct 2018, 17:54 The stats I receive from gfm will be on FFH this Thursday/Friday as a free piece.

Tbh I’d bunged them on with my team and future plans as a paid piece as I don’t want every Tom dick and Harry seeing my team. They’ll also be on the news section of sky app/site and sky sports news. I presume you read these.

Gfm are happy to share all these stats to promote the game. The stats I get on a Thursday are for the previous week. So the captain choices will still be on mostly last weeks etc. I find the transfer trends interesting although mainly the obvious though. So if Man City are playing Monday you know that 1/2 of those players will be the most transferred in and captained. The transfers left is great info though. But it doesn’t take a rocket scientist to work out that most will have used a tonne of transfers in top 10/100.

I didn’t even know they were on ffs the year I won till later on I think. Sky themselves put the top five transfers in on Facebook/twitter so if you don’t use these you’ll be missing out also.

Yorkie if you play fantasy football as well as you moan you’d win everything going.

Also I find the other site that has scrapped all the data much more interesting. I’ve managed to track yorkies team over the last few game weeks and coupled with the scores and what he’s said I reckon I could pretty much name his team and transfers used.
The point is you don't need to track transfers used as the info will be readily available to you.

It's bullshit and no matter how the 3 of you try and dress it up, you have a distinct advantage to the rest.

mad dog
Dumbledog

Post by mad dog »

I manually track all ‘known’ managers I can. Others I’ll hunt down on twitter. There’s a guy top 20messafed me used about 9 transfers with a pretty good team. Bit worrying as you’d imagine most in top 100 have used about 15-20 transfers. Obviously there’s a few that haven’t.

I’ll make sure all the stats I get are posted in the general domain. But best source would be the article on sky ff app/site, Sky Sports news app/site and FFH.

mad dog
Dumbledog

Post by mad dog »

Billy Stark wrote: 30 Oct 2018, 21:30
mad dog wrote: 30 Oct 2018, 17:54 The stats I receive from gfm will be on FFH this Thursday/Friday as a free piece.

The point is you don't need to track transfers used as the info will be readily available to you.

It's bullshit and no matter how the 3 of you try and dress it up, you have a distinct advantage to the rest.
What are you on about? What’s readily available to me yorkies team and transfer count? Get a grip. Knowing the top 100 have used 50 transfers between them in one week won’t help me tracking yorkie. It’s counting his points each day and trying to work out who yorkie has.

Like I said any idiot can guess that the top 10 will have used a load of transfers. Even if it’s the last month of the season and the top ten have 2 transfers average remaining you don’t know if they all have 2 each or one has 15 and the other 5.

Anyway this info is out there for many to see and like I’ve said it’ll be more out there now for you. This info has been on ffs for probably the last four years or longer. I don’t see why the issue is now arising. You’ve not had an issue with it before?

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man

If i'd have been here 4 years ago and known about it i'd have had an issue then. I've no issue with individuals on here who have it.

My issue here is fairness and that the info should be easily available to everyone and the fault lies with sky.

Whether that extra data helps or hinders the way each individual would play is irrelevant, it's that we should ALL be able to have it.

Yorkshire Exile
Grumpy Old Man

If it is out there all should have it

I would argue it shouldn't be out there. If I'm in the top 10 I don't want anyone knowing any info which may give an insight into transfers left

I understand the argument that it helps promote game by encouraging debate etc. I think there are ways of doing this without compromising privacy and using existing generally available data.

To be fair to Dan and luke via these various forms of media they do help the casual player AND somewhat compromise their own teams and thinking. But I guess this is what they get paid for which is their choice

Cars and Mané
Red & Blue Braces
FS Record: Sky Fantasy Football Winner 2017/18

Post by Cars and Mané »

I think all this cloak and dagger stuff with team privacy is unnecessary, especially at this stage of the season, and it harms the community surrounding the game. Anyone can figure out what any rational player's team is if they really try. There's only so many moves you can make and the pool of selectable players is quite small. Last season I knew exactly what team second place had down to which Burnley defender.

I'm happy to tell you what my team is player for player and no one is paying me anything.

EDIT: I would add actually that knowing transfers remaining of the top ten probably harmed me last season. I assumed Pascal had the same number as the average but he actually had far more and closer to my total. If I'd known that I wouldn't have been so cavalier with my transfers!

So it's all debatable whether there is any advantage at all.

Democracy Manifest
Kevin and Perry

Post by Democracy Manifest »

Loving the discussion here! I kinda agree with the opinion that having access to the transfers remaining information for the top 10, 100, 1000 etc teams won’t provide that much of an edge, though as a novice to the Sky game last year I did find it reassuring to know that the top teams were only there at the start of the season because they had blown most of their transfers already.

However, (after a bit of digging) there does seem to be some additional information released on the Sky game that I think is more useful to team decision making, which is player ownership stats of the top 1000 teams:

https://mobile.twitter.com/d1sable/stat ... 2867539969

I can use this data to make sure I cover the likely most popular captaincy choices if I’m defending a mini league lead, or identify a suitable differential if I need to play catch-up (as the ownership stats on the Sky website aren’t as useful as they include all the dead teams?).

If I was in charge of running the Sky game and wanted to encourage user engagement, I’d be looking to publish all this data within the game itself. The large volume of FPL articles and discussions are made possible because of the stats available, and all this information doesn’t stop the best players from getting a good overall rank year after year. Compare that to the secretive nature of the Telegraph game, which by many accounts seems to be dying...

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man

Cars and Mané wrote: 31 Oct 2018, 11:30 Anyone can figure out what any rational player's team is if they really try.
Well you guys must be worried about next season when i'm not so forthcoming with who i have in my team :lol:

wandacatvenus
FISOhead
FS Record: 2017/18 - £5000 profit from Sky FF

Post by wandacatvenus »

itslikebrandnew wrote: 31 Oct 2018, 13:14
Cars and Mané wrote: 31 Oct 2018, 11:30 Anyone can figure out what any rational player's team is if they really try.
Well you guys must be worried about next season when i'm not so forthcoming with who i have in my team :lol:
Why? I don't think Sky will be doing Stats on the Top 100k teams. 😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁

Yorkshire Exile
Grumpy Old Man

Democracy Manifest wrote: 31 Oct 2018, 13:07
I can use this data to make sure I cover the likely most popular captaincy choices if I’m defending a mini league lead, or identify a suitable differential if I need to play catch-up (as the ownership stats on the Sky website aren’t as useful as they include all the dead teams?).
No idea who you are and I'm always sceptical when new posters weigh in to debates like this (no offence) - but in the quoted paragraph you have nailed why this data should not be out there, particularly to a select few.

As maddog says you can reverse engineer teams and have a pretty good idea of who is doing what - seems a bit early for that mind :shock: and as cars and mane says you can interpret the info incorrectly and make bad decisions. However at the end of the day teams are mainly private and this applies to player combos and transfers remaining

Democracy Manifest
Kevin and Perry

Post by Democracy Manifest »

No offence taken Yorkshire Exile! I’ve been on here for a while and lurk for the most part, but I did happen to stumble across Luke’s post about the top 1000 ownership on twitter after reading this thread and thought it was worth sharing with everyone.

I’m on the fence whether top 1000 transfer or player ownership data should or shouldn’t be released, but if it is being released to a few people then I think it might as well be freely available to every manager playing the game.

Luke has said in his twitter post that he gets this data as part of the work he does with Sky, so I’m not bothered if he chooses to share this information or not as this makes him ineligible to win any prizes (according to Sky FF T&C’s). It was nice of him to donate to the Sky Prize Leagues fund though!

Yorkshire Exile
Grumpy Old Man

Ermmm....

I think that is where we came in.... :lol:

That is my read of t&cs too..... You can't work for /with sky and win prizes. If you have been paid by them gfm or any associated @skypodcast? you're ineligible. This is standard to stop things being manipulated. When this is coupled with provision of data from sky as we have been discussing it becomes even more relevant.

From t&cs
Employees of Sky, GFM or associated companies, their relatives, agents or agents' relatives may play but are not eligible to win prizes...

Does need clearing up.... Even if d1sable and maddog have sleepwalked into the situation unknowingly which I believe they probably have....

Buffrey
Kevin and Perry
FS Record: Good

Post by Buffrey »

Yorkshire Exile wrote: 31 Oct 2018, 18:12 Ermmm....

I think that is where we came in.... :lol:

That is my read of t&cs too..... You can't work for /with sky and win prizes. If you have been paid by them gfm or any associated @skypodcast? you're ineligible. This is standard to stop things being manipulated. When this is coupled with provision of data from sky as we have been discussing it becomes even more relevant.

From t&cs
Employees of Sky, GFM or associated companies, their relatives, agents or agents' relatives may play but are not eligible to win prizes...

Does need clearing up.... Even if d1sable and maddog have sleepwalked into the situation unknowingly which I believe they probably have....
To confirm I do the podcast for the love and also to help promote the game as I enjoy it and think it deserves it.

No matter how hard I’ve tried I’ve not managed to get any sort of commission/fee which is a great shame for myself.

I noticed a “you three” comment earlier, assume that was directed as me being the third but I don’t get any stats or anything but am just an avid player but like the fact they come out so think this whole disscussion is, although interesting, a bit pointless and doesn’t mean people shouldn’t be able to win prizes for doing something exceptional.

If and when they/we get an extra 100 points for loyalty or something, then I’d agree.

Yorkshire Exile
Grumpy Old Man

How many transfers left?

Talking of exceptional....

Was looking to find the 16/17 sky threads but they pretty much all seem to have been deleted. This applies to the main thread and fiso mini league thread. Perhaps a mod could help as only a mod could have deleted

In fact there appears to have been no threads between August 2016 and July 2017 bar one about the knockout Cup.

Very strange given the Web archive suggests there were several threads over that year.

ffstuff
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ffstuff »

Perhaps I should publish all my data :D … best not :|

Tacalabala
FISO Knight

Post by Tacalabala »

Yorkshire Exile wrote: 31 Oct 2018, 21:09 Talking of exceptional....

Was looking to find the 16/17 sky threads but they pretty much all seem to have been deleted. This applies to the main thread and fiso mini league thread. Perhaps a mod could help as only a mod could have deleted

In fact there appears to have been no threads between August 2016 and July 2017 bar one about the knockout Cup.

Very strange given the Web archive suggests there were several threads over that year.
Have you tried looking at page 2 of Sky board?

Yorkshire Exile
Grumpy Old Man

Can u provide link to 16/17 thread. Thx

wandacatvenus
FISOhead
FS Record: 2017/18 - £5000 profit from Sky FF

Post by wandacatvenus »

Transfer count information available on the address below.

https://fantasyfootballhub.co.uk/sky-sp ... meweek-13/

I now Fully expect ILBN and Yorkshire Exile to be fighting it out for 1st and 2nd place armed with this information.

rodduz
FISOhead

Post by rodduz »

wandacatvenus wrote:Transfer count information available on the address below.

I now Fully expect ILBN and Yorkshire Exile to be fighting it out for 1st and 2nd place armed with this information.
15 transfers left in top 10 Image

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man

wandacatvenus wrote: 01 Nov 2018, 16:23 Transfer count information available on the address below.

:lol: thanks for the info. I'm chuffed to see i've way more transfers left than the average. Won't do me any good if the best players have 30+ left but will stop me worrying about clawing back the leader.

Striker
FISO Knight

Re: How many transfers le

Post by Striker »

Those transfer figures look a bit dodgy to me.

I don't doubt that FFH have faithfully reproduced the figures that GFM/Sky/whoever has handed them, but I'm wondering if there might be an error in the counting software.

Only 15 left for the top 10 is credible as monthly hares will have used quite a few. But the top 5000 using an AVERAGE of 16.5 tests my belief in the figures.

Mind you if they are correct, they are, as itslikebrandnew says, rather encouraging for most Fiso managers.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “SkySports Fantasy Football”