To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

If we had an overhaul now

A forum for news and discussion on SkySports Fantasy Football. Both Football365 and TeamTalk used to feed into this game.
itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: ?

Re: If we had an overhaul now

Post by itslikebrandnew »

Cardiff have a decent run of fixtures so thought it worth a try.

My problem will come when i need to squeeze in a premium striker.

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man

Gooner66 48pts
itslikebrandnew 39pts

Saved by Ryans 16 points yesterday. Nice choice of captain by Gooner66, and Hazard let me down. 3 left to play for me, 2 left for Gooner 66.

Today's a shootout between Richarlison and Sigurdsson

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man

Gooner66 48pts
Richarlison 4pts capt
Lacazette 4pts capt

itslikebrandnew 39pts
Sigurdsson 4pts capt
Vardy 4pts capt
Ozil 18pts

Totals :-
Gooner66 56pts
itslikebrandnew 65pts

9pt lead for me and if i'd have captained Ozil like i did with my t1 at the last minute then i could have had another 18pts. So slightly disappointed there, but so far proving the doubters wrong but a very long way to go.

Gooner66
Treebeard
FS Record: A few bob over the years, most recently won the Irish Times Fantasy Euros Comp

Post by Gooner66 »

Yep, well played with Ozil and a decent start for you in a generally lower scoring week.As you say, lucky for me that you didn't give him the armband.

When Ozil plays like that (all too infrequently sadly), it is as close as it gets to football imitating art.He reminds me of Van Gogh in many ways does Mesut. Capable of moments of inspired beauty, but most of the time has me wanting to chop body parts off in frustration.

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man

Thanks, if he gets you that frustrated imagine what it was like for Wenger :lol:

I can't see me keeping him for long unless Unai Emery has found a way to get the best out of him week in and week out.

Gooner66
Treebeard
FS Record: A few bob over the years, most recently won the Irish Times Fantasy Euros Comp

Post by Gooner66 »

itslikebrandnew wrote: 23 Oct 2018, 09:49 Thanks, if he gets you that frustrated imagine what it was like for Wenger :lol:

I can't see me keeping him for long unless Unai Emery has found a way to get the best out of him week in and week out.
:D I think Wenger chopped his willy off years ago.

On a delusional, glutton for punishment basis, I can't believe that I'm saying this but, that was Mezzie's first game starting as actual Captain last night. Maybe, just maybe it might galvanise him into some consistency. A downbeat Palace Sunday, doubts over Hazard.......

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man

Gooner66 wrote: 23 Oct 2018, 10:00
itslikebrandnew wrote: 23 Oct 2018, 09:49 Thanks, if he gets you that frustrated imagine what it was like for Wenger :lol:

:D I think Wenger chopped his willy off years ago.

On a delusional, glutton for punishment basis, I can't believe that I'm saying this but, that was Mezzie's first game starting as actual Captain last night. Maybe, just maybe it might galvanise him into some consistency. A downbeat Palace Sunday, doubts over Hazard.......
:lol:

Yep i'm going with Ozil Sunday and if he does it again he'll stay until Dec, if he's back to his old tricks he'll be out by the Liverpool game.

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man

Captains for week 12, but i'll probably change my mind 2 or 3 times and post again. Especially with Monday's selection....could be my first transfer :lol:

Sat: Salah
Sun: Ozil
Mon: Sane

Gooner66
Treebeard

Post by Gooner66 »

First transfer - Kane to Salah

Captains:

Saturday - Salah
Sunday - Laazette
Monday - Aguero

Gooner66
Treebeard

Post by Gooner66 »

New line up:

Alisson 7.3

Laporte 8.8
Boly 6.1
Doherty 6.5
Otto 6.2

Hazard 11.8
Richarlison 8.6
Seri 7.2

Salah 12.9
Aguero 12.8
Lacazette 11.4

Total 99.6

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man

Thought you'd given up already :lol:

I'm going to have to do a transfer this weekend to get extra points because i'm going to lose alot with Cardiff defenders.

Gooner66
Treebeard

Post by Gooner66 »

I'm not ready to concede defeat quite yet :D

Hopefully your Cardiff crew will rack up nice fat minuses. I'm also hoping that Vardy will still be in emergency dump mode. Ozil worries me though, can feel a 15 point plus performance looming against The Palace.

Gooner66
Treebeard

Post by Gooner66 »

Incidentally, I'm away next week in an area where mobile data is notoriously unreliable, so I'll declare my Captaincy hand for next weekend now if I may.

Sat: Richarlison
Sun: Aguero
Mon: Seri

Best of luck for this weekend ILBN, I hope you put it up to the 'doubters' :)

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man

Gooner66 wrote: 27 Oct 2018, 10:20 I'm not ready to concede defeat quite yet :D

Hopefully your Cardiff crew will rack up nice fat minuses. I'm also hoping that Vardy will still be in emergency dump mode. Ozil worries me though, can feel a 15 point plus performance looming against The Palace.
Vardy might have to go today as there is talk he is injured.....but i'm waiting on team news first. Ozil and Lacazette will probably cancel each other out tomorrow. Aguero v Sane isn't a fair fight so again going to wait on team news. I can see me burning through transfers this weekend :lol:

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man

Gooner66 wrote: 27 Oct 2018, 10:52 Incidentally, I'm away next week in an area where mobile data is notoriously unreliable, so I'll declare my Captaincy hand for next weekend now if I may.

Sat: Richarlison
Sun: Aguero
Mon: Seri

Best of luck for this weekend ILBN, I hope you put it up to the 'doubters' :)
No worries, as if you do get online you can always change them anyway.

Thanks and to you. Yep let's hope so, but the funny thing is only you took up the challenge so everyone else was worried i might show them up :lol:

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man

Supposedly Vardy not starting so 1st transfer being used and i'm bringing in Deulofeu :lol:

Team is now :-

Ryan 6.5
Morrison 6
Bennett 6.1
Boly 6.1
Ozil 10.4
Hazard 11.8
Sigurdsson 9.1
Sane 10.3
Deulofeu 7.7
Salah 12.9
Mitrovic 9.1

Captains
Sat Salah
Sun Ozil
Mon Sane

Transfers left 11

Gooner66
Treebeard

Post by Gooner66 »

Great shout with Delufeou. Not your first this season.

That's what you do, inspired calls like that. If you could marry that to a bit more structure (Alisson, Laporte etc) and a bit more patience (i am the wrong person to say that btw) you could seriously challenge.

That would properly, finally and thankfully shut the hindsight strategists and sideline critics up.

You singlehandedly keep this aspect of the Forum alive. Perhaps the hypocritical, bullying clique would prefer to kill it off, like Dream Team, unless, of course, they're in contention :D

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man

Gooner66 wrote: 27 Oct 2018, 15:54 Great shout with Delufeou. Not your first this season.

That's what you do, inspired calls like that. If you could marry that to a bit more structure (Alisson, Laporte etc) and a bit more patience (i am the wrong person to say that btw) you could seriously challenge.

That would properly, finally and thankfully shut the hindsight strategists and sideline critics up.

You singlehandedly keep this aspect of the Forum alive. Perhaps the hypocritical, bullying clique would prefer to kill it off, like Dream Team, unless, of course, they're in contention :D
Thanks, i still tend to get more wrong than right though. Although today in T2 i did 4 transfers (T2 is just my messing about team) :-

Wan Bissaka to Calum Paterson
Hazard to Mane
Knockaert to Deulofou
Vardy to Salah

Gutted as i was going to do Bennett to Paterson in our challenge as well but thought this is one transfer i didnt want everyone to know about :lol:

Yep it's why i joined the forum, hoping i'll cut back on the bad choices i make.

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man

Scores update (both teams with 11 transfers left)

Gooner66 56+57 = 113

Itslikebrandnew 65+69=134

21point lead for me with Sane to play tonight although i am planning transfers when i see the team news. Gooner66 has 2 players left to play with Aguero as captain and Laporte.

As usual i get about half my gambles right. Ryan who no-one picked out as being a good pick already has me 28pts. Mitrovic has been a right let down and i've lost patience with him and thinking about going without a captain for the Huddersfield v Fulham game.

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man

3 transfers for me tonight :-

Sigurdsson to Laporte
Ozil to Lamela
Hazard to Aguero

Takes me to 8 transfers left

Captain for tonight :- Aguero

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man

Team in full :-

Ryan 6.5
Morrison 6
Bennett 6.1
Boly 6.1
Laporte 8.8
Lamela 8.9
Sane 10.3
Deulofeu 7.7
Aguero 12.8
Salah 12.9
Mitrovic 9.1

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man

Gooner66 = 56+72 = 128 (11transfers left)

itslikebrandnew = 65+86 = 151 (8 transfers left)

23pt lead for me but i've used 3 more transfers, but hoping i've positioned myself well for the next few games.

My captains for this weekend :-

Sat = Salah
Sun = Aguero
Mon = Mitrovic

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man

Gooner66 takes the lead now with a great haul of 38pts for captaining Richarlison.

Gooner66 179
itslikebrandnew 171

Gooner66
Treebeard

Post by Gooner66 »

Morning ILBN.

I have to admit that loading up on Wolves defenders wasn't a great call, so time to reshape my defence:

Out:

Lacazette
Otto

In:

Stones*
Luiz

*Subject to City team news. Stones turned out midweek so he may get rested. If that's the case, I'll sit tight today.

Gooner66
Treebeard

Post by Gooner66 »

New line up:

Alisson 7.3

Laporte 8.8
Boly 6.1
Doherty 6.5
Luiz 8.8
Stones 8.9

Hazard 11.8
Richarlison 8.6
Seri 7.2

Salah 12.9
Aguero 12.8

Total 99.7
Transfers remaining 9

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man

Gooner66 wrote: 04 Nov 2018, 08:37 Morning ILBN.

I have to admit that loading up on Wolves defenders wasn't a great call, so time to reshape my defence:

Out:

Lacazette
Otto

In:

Stones*
Luiz

*Subject to City team news. Stones turned out midweek so he may get rested. If that's the case, I'll sit tight today.
Premium defs................the fools gold of the fantasy football world :lol:

Gooner66
Treebeard

Post by Gooner66 »

Not exactly. They got 5,5 & 4 points respectively. Even when they concede they invariably pick up passing bonuses - hence why they are the cheap route to some of the highest overall scorers in the game.

Hardly Fool's Gold :)

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man

Gooner66 wrote: 04 Nov 2018, 17:54 Not exactly. They got 5,5 & 4 points respectively. Even when they concede they invariably pick up passing bonuses - hence why they are the cheap route to some of the highest overall scorers in the game.

Hardly Fool's Gold :)
14pts for 25% of your budget, i wouldn't be happy with that.

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man

You're leading me by 7btw 221v214 Seri v Mitrovic tomorrow and 9v8 transfers.

Gooner66
Treebeard

Post by Gooner66 »

Transfer today - Brady in for Seri. Sorts 2 problems out, a Captain for today and for the Burnley/Newcastle game.

New line up:

Alisson 7.3

Laporte 8.8
Boly 6.1
Doherty 6.5
Luiz 8.8
Stones 8.9

Hazard 11.8
Richarlison 8.6
Brady 7.3

Salah 12.9
Aguero 12.8