To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Need to save 1.3m

A forum for news and discussion on SkySports Fantasy Football. Both Football365 and TeamTalk used to feed into this game.
itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: ?

Need to save 1.3m

Post by itslikebrandnew »

Players i can downgrade

Duffy 7.5m
Milivojevic 8.7m
Schurrle 8.3m

All captains sorted up until mid dec.

Any recommendations. Can go def or mid and no hurry to do it. So someone like Milivojevic might dovetail nicely with another player before Palaces 3 or 4 hard games.

Gooner66
Treebeard
FS Record: A few bob over the years, most recently won the Irish Times Fantasy Euros Comp

Re: Need to save 1.3m

Post by Gooner66 »

Duffy to eiher Otto or Boly. The way Wolves are set up and organised I think they should maintain their defensive austerity season long.

Milojevic 19 pts from 7 games to either Hjojberg (40/5) or Seri (39/7).

Schurrle to Doherty, again benefits from Wolves defensive points and looks quite handy going forward.

Incidentally, the above are all season keeper recommendations none are based on just the coming weekend :)

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man

Gooner66 wrote: 02 Oct 2018, 14:07 Duffy to eiher Otto or Boly. The way Wolves are set up and organised I think they should maintain their defensive austerity season long.

Milojevic 19 pts from 7 games to either Hjojberg (40/5) or Seri (39/7).

Schurrle to Doherty, again benefits from Wolves defensive points and looks quite handy going forward.

Incidentally, the above are all season keeper recommendations none are based on just the coming weekend :)
Got Otto and Boly and don't want to go any more Wolves defs as it over exposes me. Seri crossed my mind but he rarely scores. Hjojberg is someone that never crossed my mind so i'll investigate further with him to see if the fixtures are kind to Soton when the Palace fixtures get a bit harder.

The backbone of my team are all season long players. I just have other players that i chop and change.

I'm getting quite a reputation for "wasting" transfers :lol: but i'll still have 20 - 25 left at Christmas.

Billy Stark
FISOhead

Post by Billy Stark »

Milo to Seri is a no brainer although i'd get rid of all 3 of them :!:

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man

Billy Stark wrote: 02 Oct 2018, 16:43 Milo to Seri is a no brainer although i'd get rid of all 3 of them :!:
I know Seri can tick over at 5pts a game which is way better than Milo at the moment. However Milo is on direct free kicks and penalties and was just out of luck yesterday on bonuses with 59 passes and 2 tackles when i looked.

Milo goals per game .16

Seri goals per game .09

Not as much in it as i thought

I'm surprised you say get rid of Duffy, i think he's very underated and has me a 4.2ppg and an easy run of fixtures coming. Shurrle i understand, he's had one good game and not done much since.

Billy Stark
FISOhead

Post by Billy Stark »

Just think Duffy is overpriced when you consider the value of AWB and the Wolves boys.

Sounds like you already have a cheap defence tho so personally i'd be looking to upgrade him to a TAA or Trippier.

Accept Brighton have a decent run of fixtures tho

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man

Duffy was only put in for the 2 iffy fixtures where i wanted a captain but i've been impressed with him and with Brightons fixtures i figure i can save a transfer by keeping him as he was pencilled in to be transferred out on the 6th.

My strategy is based around a cheap defence. Very rarely do i captain defenders so i see no value in premium ones. If i went Trippier then because i already have Kane i see Trippier as a waste as i'd always go with Kane over Trippier as a captain. For me premium players are attacking players from different sides as they are used as captains.

wandacatvenus
FISOhead
FS Record: 2017/18 - £5000 profit from Sky FF

Post by wandacatvenus »

Most top players have Seri in their team. That's not coincidence.

Might not be a prolific goal scorer but gets you five points most weeks. Allows the freed up cash to be used elsewhere.

CBN
Dumbledore
FS Record: Three top ten seasonal finishes in the last five years; three Weekender wins; and three times Big Balls champion!

Post by CBN »

itslikebrandnew we continue to humour you but increasingly you demonstrate troll like symptoms.

I’ll carry on playing along for now...

Your strategy has more holes than a fishing net. Your latest gem is that you’re focusing on cheap defenders because you don’t captain them. Others don’t really captain them either but that doesn’t mean they turn their nose up at 10 points a week Laporte for £8.8m.

No strategy is arguably better than a bad one :D

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man

wandacatvenus wrote: 03 Oct 2018, 07:02 Most top players have Seri in their team. That's not coincidence.

Might not be a prolific goal scorer but gets you five points most weeks. Allows the freed up cash to be used elsewhere.
I know, my overhaul team had Mendy from Leicester in it just because he was a guaranteed starter and 2pts and possibly bonus points now and again. At least Seri is better than him. I do just wonder whether there is more value to be found in a defender for the same price.

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man

CBN wrote: 03 Oct 2018, 08:03 itslikebrandnew we continue to humour you but increasingly you demonstrate troll like symptoms.

I’ll carry on playing along for now...

Your strategy has more holes than a fishing net. Your latest gem is that you’re focusing on cheap defenders because you don’t captain them. Others don’t really captain them either but that doesn’t mean they turn their nose up at 10 points a week Laporte for £8.8m.

No strategy is arguably better than a bad one :D
Troll :- a person who starts quarrels or upsets people on the Internet to distract and sow discord by posting inflammatory and digressive, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community

I haven't done anything like that, if anything you're doing it to my posts, and i don't go around disrespecting other peoples opinions just because they differ from mine unlike you who think's it's funny to mock me.

My strategy has got me into the top 200 and top 400 so currently it's working.

I see no point in wasting 8.8m on a premium defender when you'll probably choose someone else from the same team as captain.

Billy Stark
FISOhead

Post by Billy Stark »

To be fair you are doing something right to be as high as you are, even if you are rattling through the transfers quicker than most. Keep plugging away, i suspect your strategy just needs fine tuned a little and your enthusiasm tempered. It's that enthusiasm that makes you hit the transfer button time and again. Taking Kane out an example of that.

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man

Billy Stark wrote: 03 Oct 2018, 09:13 To be fair you are doing something right to be as high as you are, even if you are rattling through the transfers quicker than most. Keep plugging away, i suspect your strategy just needs fine tuned a little and your enthusiasm tempered. It's that enthusiasm that makes you hit the transfer button time and again. Taking Kane out an example of that.
Thanks, my team in the top 200 has 32 transfers left and 7 pending transfers up until mid december so i may not be in as good a position as quite a few on here with transfers but for my game i think i'm pacing myself ok and shouldn't run out of them.

The Kane move with T2 was a gamble that didn't pay off. In hindsight if i do that 10 seasons in a row it might work once so the odds weren't in my favour and i shouldn't have done it. So yes i take on board that my enthusiasm may be my biggest downfall at the moment.

Billy Stark
FISOhead

Post by Billy Stark »

32 transfers is fine :D

Go and prove us all wrong :mrgreen:

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man

Billy Stark wrote: 03 Oct 2018, 10:45 32 transfers is fine :D

Go and prove us all wrong :mrgreen:
4 of those were used before the overhaul so i think there's room for improvement with my starting 11 next season.

:lol: i'm hoping too. The thing is come the end of the season only 1 persons strategy will be right and the rest of us will have got it wrong.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “SkySports Fantasy Football”