To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

FISO ISO 2018/2019

A forum for news and discussion on SkySports Fantasy Football. Both Football365 and TeamTalk used to feed into this game.
S_sutton87
Grumpy Old Man

Re: FISO ISO 2018/2019

Post by S_sutton87 »

Would love a top 3 finish in my debut season I'm up against it tho glad the pogba move paid off tho

Sent from my H8216 using Tapatalk

coleridge
Grumpy Old Man

Post by coleridge »

Well done S_S87 and Bman, good week. Unfortunately pretty meh for the rest of us.

No Anderson or Pogba in either team for me 😭.

Biscuitman
FISOhead
FS Record: 10th TFFO 2009/10

Post by Biscuitman »

Yes, didn't quite have the same bottle as S_sutton87 to captain Pogba, but pleased that the move paid off. I figured he had a 2-0 over LIV, or a 3-1 with LIV's 1 being particularly tough v MCY. That and, more importantly, Pogba's new lease of life continuing at least for the time being with the easier fixtures.

Looking forward to Thursday's big game. Figuring MCY will need to go for it, and will probably unpick the LIV defence at least once; in the process, likely to leave themselves more open than usual to the counterattack. Personally, am expecting both sides to score, though with LIV fielding a slightly more defensive team than of late. Should be a great game.

Happy new year to all in this league. Despite Sky's best efforts (website and page appearance; unclear what countries I can actually play the game in if I'm out of the UK for any reason), have been enjoying the season and managed to pick myself up off the floor. Used a few more transfers in the process than I would have like though. Well done to Nbbeee in particular, looking to be hovering just outside the top 100 currently, but I suspect with more than average transfers in hand.

Regarding the 2nd overhaul. Remind me, can we do what we like with that when the time comes, or do we confer and agree the same set up again? If the latter, I'm assuming if one or more of our number are in contention - ie Nbbeee most likely, looking at it today - then their views should carry greater weight than others...

Once again, happy new year to all.

coleridge
Grumpy Old Man

Post by coleridge »

Every person for themselves next overhaul Bman.

Happy new year🍾.

coleridge
Grumpy Old Man

Post by coleridge »

Wow! Big night in the title races.

Northernmonkey
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 8th TFFO 2008/09

Post by Northernmonkey »

Huge. Loved the game, particularly having Sane and Aguero. I’d have loved it even more had Aguero had tucked away that chance near the end! Allison’s solid.

coleridge
Grumpy Old Man

Post by coleridge »

It seems a long time since the last round of games. I'm sure I had some sort of plan going forward, just wish i could remember what it was. :roll:

A lot of interesting captain options today, also a lot of questions. Will NM risk no Salah today? Will anyone risk no Kane tomorrow?

Good luck all.

coleridge
Grumpy Old Man

Post by coleridge »

Jeez, Kane would of scored three on another day. Seeing him limping at the end just rubbed salt in the wound.

Another good game week for Nbbeee so far.

Northernmonkey
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Northernmonkey »

Every time I get near Nbbeee he has a blinder the following week, we’re now back to a 60 point gap :shock:

A frustrating few weeks for me, some big points on paper just haven’t happened. I’ve captained Hazard 3 weeks in a row for cock all!

Ooh a Laporte 10 pointer Coleridge! What took you? :P

coleridge
Grumpy Old Man

Post by coleridge »

Northernmonkey wrote: 14 Jan 2019, 22:15 Every time I get near Nbbeee he has a blinder the following week, we’re now back to a 60 point gap :shock:

A frustrating few weeks for me, some big points on paper just haven’t happened. I’ve captained Hazard 3 weeks in a row for cock all!

Ooh a Laporte 10 pointer Coleridge! What took you? :P

So long?

Just never quite seemed the right time to bring him in, as my defenders were the one decent part of my team.

Of course should of had him right from the overhaul :oops: . i'm pretty sure someone was advocating him strongly, can't remember who though :P .

Re Nbbeee, yep everytime i think you've got him zoooooooooooooom!

He really needs to be sending De Gea a thank you note after Sunday, that must have been excruciating watching with no Kane.

Northernmonkey
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Northernmonkey »

Big weekend of transfers with Kane’s injury.

I’ve been mulling over Kane :arrow: Salah/Pogba/Salah/Pobga all week.

Finally taken the plunge this morning and it’s Pobga (c) for me today, still leaving me Salah-less :o

Swapping him in for Aguero is always possible, but the prospect of him lining up at Huddersfield tomorrow (and having a 2 for 1 over Salah) means he lives another week. Just need him to start :twisted:

Finally upgraded the poor mans Mendy too. In comes Jimenez for a few weeks until the overhaul, but mainly to liven up the early kick off on Sky :D

coleridge
Grumpy Old Man

Post by coleridge »

Eek no Salah :shock: , its gonna be a long afternoon behind the sofa my simian compadre.

Northernmonkey
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Northernmonkey »

coleridge wrote: 19 Jan 2019, 13:32 Eek no Salah :shock: , its gonna be a long afternoon behind the sofa my simian compadre.
I was feeling pretty smug at half time! Not so much at full time :twisted:

coleridge
Grumpy Old Man

Post by coleridge »

Northernmonkey wrote: 21 Jan 2019, 13:38
coleridge wrote: 19 Jan 2019, 13:32 Eek no Salah :shock: , its gonna be a long afternoon behind the sofa my simian compadre.
I was feeling pretty smug at half time! Not so much at full time :twisted:

Funnily enough i nearly posted at half time, but thought it prudent to wait.

It wasn't a complete cluster for you though, no motm for Salah and still another shot with Aguero Tuesday week.

Pretty decent weekend again for N🐝 with no transfers used. I would think he's well in line for a top 50 finish with a fair wind.

Northernmonkey
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Northernmonkey »

Talking of hiding behind sofas, it’s the last time I double up on a mid & striker from the same team (reminds me of TFFO days). While Sane picks up a goal, assist & MOTM its all washed away by giving Aguero the armband :roll:

Nbbeee is looking good isn’t he, but there’s a long way to go in this yet. It’s been a procession at the top in recent months, but it’s all to play for.

I’m sure some of those lurking behind with transfers in hand still fancy their chances :wink:

coleridge
Grumpy Old Man

Post by coleridge »

It did cross my mind that if you had done Salah instead of Aguero the other week, you would probably captained Sane for 32 points yesterday.

Yeah N🐝 is doing great. I know ish how many transfers he's got left and if I was in his position I would be disappointed if I didn't at least get top 100 8-) from there.

In saying that, they are definitely catchable. I reckon at least half the time they get very badly punished for not having Kane last week and then you'd have caught him in a week. The fact Kane was injured made omitting him a right touch. The overhaul will be huge.

Talking of transfers I got Evvy third :shock: When you factor them in.

coleridge
Grumpy Old Man

Post by coleridge »

Funny gameweek with the enablers stepping up and none of the big hitters really delivering.

Annoyed as i had planned to captain Son, but bottled it and followed the herd.

Hoping the transfer window throws up a couple of interesting possibilities for the overhaul.

coleridge
Grumpy Old Man

Post by coleridge »

No Rudiger :shock: ; at least no one captained him...………………...Oh hang on 🙈.

Northernmonkey
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Northernmonkey »

coleridge wrote: 02 Feb 2019, 14:30 No Rudiger :shock: ; at least no one captained him...………………...Oh hang on 🙈.
I expected Sideshow Bob to make way not Rudiger, swapped the armband only this morning as well :roll:

coleridge
Grumpy Old Man

Post by coleridge »

Fwiw I thought it was a decent shout, if it's any consolation Brooks is supposedly out as well.

Northernmonkey
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Northernmonkey »

Jeeez Luiz.. a 36 point haul had I not flipped the armband. Team is doing ok, just had a sh*t few weeks on the captains so still can’t quite break into top 100 :cry:

Happy to see no Brooks - what a steal he is.

And when did the extra Everton v City fixture sneak into next week!? I didn’t clock that one (bit gutted I moved on Aguero last weekend now).

Think I’ll be playing it safe with Pogba tomorrow after today’s captain no show!

coleridge
Grumpy Old Man

Post by coleridge »

You sure Pogba is fit? :twisted:

nbbbee10
Treebeard

Post by nbbbee10 »

I haven't posted for a while, I am pondering my last transfer or maybe penultimate transfer before the second overhaul thus morning.

Considering David Luiz out for one of Laporte, with Laporte almost certain 3-1 as he is the player Pep always seems to start or a more risky City selection such as Danilo or Bernado Silva or whether to transfer out Brooks next week to bring back in Wan-Bissaka, might just leave Brooks alone as an enabler doesn't necessarily need to be changed.

I may even indulge myself next week as well and bring in Son Heung-Min for my final transfer before the overhaul. That would leave me around 1 transfer per game week after the overhaul and then decisions to be made as to what do after the overhaul.

Post overhaul Leicester have a very attractive set of fixtures, none of the top 6 until the final three games of the season and they've beaten Man City, Chelsea and drew at Anfield but I am also mindful of the fact they lost 4-3 against Wolves and have nothing to play for unless they want to qualify for the Europa League next season.

In terms of enablers, Sean Longstaff, Dwight McNeil and Yan Valery and to a lesser extent a couple of midfielders playing as forwards are on my radar at the moment. Also keeping an eye on Michy Batshuayi, could be very good value, if his loan spell is like the one he had at Borussia Dortmund last season when he scored 9 in 14, his most recent loan spell was 1 in 15 at Valencia though.

coleridge
Grumpy Old Man

Post by coleridge »

Hey Nbbeee, great job so far, particularly with the captains where it seems you have barely put a foot wrong.

You are miles ahead of where my winning Iso team was at the same time last year (finished 87th): So definitely expecting you to set a new benchmark this year. No pressure :wink:

Although its obviously not my place to be offering any advice, but you should deffo load up on Spurs players as they really know how to get the job done when the pressure ratchets up :lol:

Seriously though keep up the good work and unless any of the rest of us can pull a few differential captains out of our backsides, yours is going to be the tune we are all dancing to next year :D .

Edited to add Batshuayi could be very interesting, particularly as it appears he can get a motm for coming on in the 82nd minute :shock: .

Northernmonkey
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Northernmonkey »

coleridge wrote: 02 Feb 2019, 19:50 You sure Pogba is fit? :twisted:
Yep :D I’ve captained so prepare for a 2 pointer..

I was hoping you’d blown a few more transfers than that Nbbeee which was giving me hope.. bang goes that theory then. Nicely done so far.

Northernmonkey
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Northernmonkey »

Ooh Sane warning the bench - ouch.

Coleridge - at least nobody transferred him in especially, oh hang on a sec..

On the bright side it bodes well for a start on Weds :wink:
Last edited by Northernmonkey on 03 Feb 2019, 16:24, edited 1 time in total.

coleridge
Grumpy Old Man

Post by coleridge »

😣🤬🤬🤢🤢🤢🤢🤮

Oh well at least he made the bench, so a chance of 2 points :roll:

Northernmonkey
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Northernmonkey »

I feel your pain. Though having held Sane myself these past few months he’s such an annoying pick.

Meanwhile I’m heading out the country now for nearly 3 weeks to play the site access lottery. Wish me luck!

coleridge
Grumpy Old Man

Post by coleridge »

Could be very problematical outside the UK from everything people are saying. Are you back before the end of the overhaul ?

Northernmonkey
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Northernmonkey »

I’m back on 22nd, a couple of hours before those Fri matches. All being well that’ll be ok, though I can’t see my wife & kids being too impressed as we battle through Heathrow and I’m sorting my overhauls. It’ll have to be a long trip to the gents :shock:

Serious flaw with the game now if it can’t even be accessed on an overseas IP. I was away just before Christmas and it was fine, but the other thread on here doesn’t fill me with hope it will be now. I won’t even be able to set my captains for this coming weekend with that midweek match still lurking. What a ball-ache.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “SkySports Fantasy Football”