To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

FISO ISO 2018/2019

A forum for news and discussion on SkySports Fantasy Football. Both Football365 and TeamTalk used to feed into this game.
coleridge
Grumpy Old Man

FISO ISO 2018/2019

Post by coleridge »

Firstly many thanks to those who played last year and made the transition to the sky game so enjoyable

Introduction to the game:

The rules of ISO are quite simple. Every participant starts with the same (agreed) team line-up, and must make the same (agreed) selection/captain choices over the first weekend of matches.
From then onwards, everyone manages their own team as they like, until the first overhaul in September when we will all revert again to the same (new) team and captaincy choices similar the first weekend.
After this everyone is free to manage their team as they wish and by May we will see who has managed their transfers best, and who has won ISO 2018/19.

By tradition, the starting (and first overhaul) team is decided by the previous year's ISO winner and following a process of discussion and debate amongst entrants, criticised and changed until a final 11 is settled on.

Also by tradition Teams should be called "ISO <username>" (eg. ISO Coleridge), it's one team per person. Teams should be in the league by the first weekend.

All teams need to be set to public so we can see each others team. ( obviously in the unlikely circumstances that someone is on the verge of winning the overall sky tournament then of course it would be prudent to take your team private).

Fiso iso is free to enter and open to everyone and new entrants are most welcome, good natured banter and mind games are to be expected (particularly if you are beating me).

Hall of fame:

Northernmonkey delved through the archives of previous winners to create our hall of fame. The competition started back in the good old days of TFFO, then migrated to OFL in 2010, then on to sky in 2017. There's a fine pedigree of previous champions, including some who've done exceedingly well in the overall main competition. The best ever achievement for an ISO team was Marke192, he was piped in the final week of the season to finish runner up overall in 2013-14.

2017-18 coleridge
2016-17 coleridge (last ofl winner)
2015-16 Northernmonkey
2014-15 Bal
2013-14 Marke192 (and 2nd in the overall standings)
2012-13 Skip
2011-12 Fat Skier
2010-11 Blessed Brian
2009-10 Reds363 (last winner from the TFFO days)

Please make sure you have read the above guff before entering, if you have any questions, don't be shy, fire away.

League name Fiso iso
Pin closed

As we did last year, there will also be the option of a side £10 cash league if anyone fancies it. Details to be added if it happens.

Details of tenner league now added in post 13.

Finally a big thank you to Northernmonkey whose work I have plagiarised for much of the above.
Last edited by coleridge on 11 Aug 2018, 12:19, edited 2 times in total.

coleridge
Grumpy Old Man

Re: FISO ISO 2018/2019

Post by coleridge »

Final line up.

Alisson...……...liv...7.3

Robertson......liv...9.0
Sanchez...…...tot...8.7
Wan-Bissaka...pal...6.6
Paterson...…..car...5.2

Eriksen...……..tot...11.2 (Saturday captain)
Richarlison…..eve...8.6
Cairney….......ful...7.9
Jota...………….wol...8.3

Sanchez...…..man...12.0 (Friday captain)
Salah...………..liv....12.9 (Sunday captain)

2.3 million left in the bank.

Good luck people :D .
Last edited by coleridge on 08 Aug 2018, 15:15, edited 1 time in total.

coleridge
Grumpy Old Man

Post by coleridge »

Well here we go again. I pretty much have a team to act as a starting point, that I will post in the next 24 hours.

Any selections are going to be with an eye on the first four games (pre overhaul) only.

Biscuitman
FISOhead
FS Record: 10th TFFO 2009/10

Post by Biscuitman »

I'll definitely be in again, having made my Sky debut last season and having now recovered from the World Cup emotional roller coaster. I haven't looked at player prices yet, but will get on to paying for a team etc in the next two or three days. Thanks for organising, Coleridge.

Biscuitman
FISOhead

Post by Biscuitman »

Actually, just joined. Took less time than I thought.

coleridge
Grumpy Old Man

Post by coleridge »

Great to have you aboard Bman. We have two. Iso lives! :D

Ok here's the first draft, that will probably bear little resemblance to the final one.
I have tried to steer clear of anyone who went deep into the world cup
Obviously there are some potentially interesting new signings who need monitoring pre season.
Remember we are only picking a team for the first four pre overhaul fixtures

Fabianski......6.5 Cheap with very good save stats.

Van dyke......9.9 Good fixtures with bonus points galore and goal or assist potential
Robertson.....9.0. As above.
Keane..........7.6 Good fixtures.
Van aanholt...7.6 Decent fixtures with a goal threat.

Mikhitaryan...9.7 Good games after first weekend
Fernandinho..9.9 Need man city coverage
Cairney........7.9. Cheap and quality.
Gunnarsson...6.8 Cheap

Sanchez.......12.0. Friday captain.
Salah..........12.9 Sunday captain.

0.2 in the bank.

I'm not married to any of the above, so happy to change any amount if anyone has a compelling
argument

Northernmonkey
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 8th TFFO 2008/09

Post by Northernmonkey »

coleridge wrote: 19 Jul 2018, 22:03 We have two. Iso lives! :D
Make that 3 :D

Good to be back.

Not had much of a gander yet but I guess it’s all about the first 4 fixtures for now. Just read Richarlison may be reunited with Marco Silva for £50m :shock: he started great under him last season and Everton have 4 nice fixtures early doors (Keane also a good shout if he plays).

coleridge
Grumpy Old Man

Post by coleridge »

Great to have you back Nm :D.

Richarlisons a good shout if he goes to Everton. Silva certainly got the best out of him last year.

You fancy a tenner side league again this year ? Or you fed up of giving me money :P .

Biscuitman
FISOhead

Post by Biscuitman »

The draft team looks decent to me. One alternative would be to replace Fabianski, Robertson and Fernandinho with Allison, Sane and (for example) Rojo which would leave £0.7m cash. Not sure if Sane and Rojo will get sufficient game time though, and I know Fernandinho scored more points than Sane last season - just not so explosive. I certainly don't feel strongly though - just thought Allison seemed decently priced given a Liverpool starter all season, presumably. And I wasn't so sure about Fernandinho, albeit can see he has lower rotation risk (probably!)

coleridge
Grumpy Old Man

Post by coleridge »

Hi Bman, massive thanks for the input, yes totally agree re Allison, he was already in my next draft (great minds and all that :lol: ).

I also like Sane no world cup and decent price. The reason I went for Fernandinho was I felt he was a little more nailed on especially with Mahrez arriving and I like the almost guaranteed passing bonus, but it's deffo one to mull over.

I don't think Rojo will start enough in the first four, but one to keep an eye on for the overhaul.

I also wanted to upgrade Gunnarrsson, so latest thinking then Fab - Allisson, VVD - Seamus Coleman (great fixtures and possible attacking returns), Gunnarrsson - Maddison (great deadball stats). 0.2 left in the bank.

I have also been mulling over some radical surgery upfront, but I will keep that on ice for the mo.

Northernmonkey
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Northernmonkey »

Definitely up for that tenner Coleridge. I’ll be competitive for a fair bit longer this season :wink:

Sane is the obvious City starter for the first few matches isn’t he, if a bit of a one trick pony as he never picks up any bonus points. If he’s subbed after a hour with a decent attacking haul though we’ll all be happy.

Salah is a shoe in but I have Aguero (and their 2nd fixture in particular) winking at me for the other striker spot. A leftfield Fred + Aguero saves 0.6m on Sane + Sanchez. I can see Fred being a bonus points magnet and will surely start the season after a quiet summer.

I reckon Jorginho will prove solid Chelsea coverage with a chance to captain on 26th, he won’t score much but is guaranteed bonus points in the same vein as a Fernandinho or Xhaka last season.

Cairney looks a decent shout, I’d always thought I’d go with Sessegnon but for the saving Cairney is worth it. I also see Jota who scored (and shot) loads last season is down as a cheapish midfielder, he’s much better priced in this than in other games. Wolves fixtures aren’t amazing but they’re making some unbelievable signings (and potential captain on the first Saturday in the absence of any standout options)

Great to have this back :D

coleridge
Grumpy Old Man

Post by coleridge »

Top work Nm. Lots of food for thought. Give me some time and I'll see what works.

With both you and Bman being in the inSane camp, that looks like a cert, unless we go Aguero.

I'd like to throw Arnautovic, Keita and possibly Luke Shaw :shock: into the mix as well. Ok off for a tinker.

Edited to add Guardiola had some pretty harsh things to say re Sane being "far away from his best"after the Liverpool friendly. Hmm.
Last edited by coleridge on 26 Jul 2018, 17:55, edited 2 times in total.

coleridge
Grumpy Old Man

Post by coleridge »

Ok here are the details of the tenner side league. There is no obligation to enter this league to play the main iso free game, but it's there for a bit of added spice should you fancy it.

Please make sure you have read the rules in the opening post and are happy to comply, before entering.

League name. Fiso Iso tenner.

League pin. closed

Password closed

Prize structure 1st 75% 2nd 25%.
Last edited by coleridge on 11 Aug 2018, 12:21, edited 3 times in total.

Northernmonkey
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Northernmonkey »

Cool.. I’ll get my team in. Join us BIscuitman you know it makes sense.

A random mid at £7.9 with 4 good fixtures is Southampton’s post Tadic new boy Elyounoussi who seems to know where the net is. Not sure about having Mkhitaryan to start with City & Chelsea first up.

How about Davinson Sanchez :lol:

coleridge
Grumpy Old Man

Post by coleridge »

If I put Davinson Sancheez in from the start, it'll save you about 10 transfers going forward, so probably not in my best interests. :lol:

I'll add Elyounoussi to the list, although while tinkering yesterday l looked down to see a complete midfield with 0 premier league games between them :shock:

Good point re Mikhitaryan.

Are you sure you want to be recruiting people for the tenner league? After all you are guaranteed second atm.

Biscuitman
FISOhead

Post by Biscuitman »

Mhkitaryan to Richarlisson frees up £1.1m, with an eye on the fixtures? I probably agree with NM on balance about Aguero; although Sanchez's fixtures are also good and Man U often seem to start brightly (before fading...) so again not a very strong view. Then, on Salah, is he just as likely to start as Firmino do you think? Is he over the injury... is this talk about W Cup players missing the first game or two at all valid (I know Egypt went out early and he didn't play many minutes anyway, so perhaps I'm worrying unnecessarily. A fit Salah I would prefer over anyone.)

coleridge
Grumpy Old Man

Post by coleridge »

Hi Bman, yes Salah should start, he has already made his first appearance in a friendly.

So

Alisson/Pickford

Shaw/Morrison/Rice
Robertson/D Sanchez
Keane
Pva

Richarlison/Jorginho/Fred/Keita
Cairney/Jota
Maddison/Elyounoussi/Guendouzi

Arnautovic/Sane/Ferandinho/Gray
Salah
Sanchez/Aguero
Last edited by coleridge on 29 Jul 2018, 16:09, edited 4 times in total.

Biscuitman
FISOhead

Post by Biscuitman »

coleridge wrote: 26 Jul 2018, 15:26 Ok here are the details of the tenner side league. There is no obligation to enter this league to play the main iso free game, but it's there for a bit of added spice should you fancy it.

Please make sure you have read the rules in the opening post and are happy to comply, before entering.

League name. Fiso Iso tenner.

League pin. 8379524.

Password isotenner

Prize structure 1st 75% 2nd 25%.
Coleridge/ NM. A couple of technical questions you can probably help me with. I'd be very happy to enter the tenner side league. However: (1) Can you enter a team into more than 1 league, or would this be using a different team altogether? (2) How do the mechanics of payment of the tenner and (in due course) me collecting my 75% of the pot work? I don't really want to open a Sky Bet account or whatever, but if it's simple, I'm in. And finally, do you know if there is a printable list of players and prices anywhere on the site - I'm struggling to find one?

Looking forward to the coming season - clearly it is basically a 4 week game to start with, so fixtures more than usually important. If we want to free up more funds to upgrade elsewhere, perhaps Pickford for Allison is an option, although some risk Pickford is off to Chelsea I guess.

coleridge
Grumpy Old Man

Post by coleridge »

Bman, you can enter the same team in as many leagues as you want.

To enter the tenner league you would need to upgrade your sky ff account to a full skybet account and pay the tenner through that, although you wouldn't need to worry about the 75% :P, if you came second the winnings are paid back into your skybet account.

Not really sure about a printable list of players, although all players are listed under stats, that being said I tend to click on transfers and then use the filter to look at more specific things.

I've edited the above list of players to add Pickford.

Northernmonkey
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Northernmonkey »

coleridge wrote: 27 Jul 2018, 10:15 while tinkering yesterday l looked down to see a complete midfield with 0 premier league games between them :shock:

Seems about right! It’s where the value is but also the risk. That said, Salah and Richarlison were in a similar boat last season and started off strongly, so there’s definitely room for a punt (or 4 :shock: )

So to add a couple more into the mix who seem good value in this compared with other games. Is it madness to consider a £6m Cardiff defender in Morrison to free up some cash? 7 league goals last season in a defensive side who are strong on set pieces. Their first 3 fixtures are Ok before playing Arsenal at home (best home defence in the championship last season).

West Ham also have bought well, will Felipe Anderson boss it for them? A bargain who could make a breakthrough (so probably not from the start) is Guendouzi at Arsenal, if he plays like he has pre-season he’ll soon cement a spot in midfield and be a solid £7m source of bonus points.

coleridge
Grumpy Old Man

Post by coleridge »

Cheers Nm, a couple of interesting ones there that hadn't crossed my radar in Morrison and Guendouzi.

As much as I hate to admit it, when I looked at the fixtures again I could see the merit in a certain D Sanchez :oops:

Re Felipe Anderson I deffo think he could be very interesting, but as you suggest probably one for the overhaul.

I have for my sins watched the last few West Ham friendlies and for the mo Arnie is the man, having scored 5 in 4 and looked imperious.

Although my objectivity is not the best re the hammers I think there are quite a few bonus point options in midfield as Pellegrini imposes his possession based philosophy on the team. One I am keeping a keen eye on is Declan Rice who despite being listed as a defender may well start in midfield.

Northernmonkey
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Northernmonkey »

Rice is nice at 6.6m if he starts.

D Sanchez is always a good shout. Robertson too. Morrison would really help balance the books.

Another random one is Andre Gray at 8.2m. Like Arnie he’s scoring well pre-season. Watford also have 3 home games in these first 4 fixtures, he’s actually not a bad captain shout for a couple of those. At least he’s started a premier league match before :lol:

Ps I just tried to enter our tenner league but the password isotenner doesn’t seem to work for me?

coleridge
Grumpy Old Man

Post by coleridge »

Hmm, can you try a capital i in iso and let me know how that goes.

coleridge
Grumpy Old Man

Post by coleridge »

Calling the managers of teams fpl Kangaroo, Arnies hoofers and missy's marvels

Kanga could you change your team name to Iso Kangaroo and set it to public, many thanks.

Bob could you please change one of your team names to Iso your Fiso username. I am currently seeing how to remove one of your teams from the league as I'm afraid it's only one team per person.

I'd also like to take the opportunity to offer you both a hearty welcome to Fiso iso :D and encourage you both to get involved and forward any suggestions for players you'd like in the team.
Last edited by coleridge on 03 Aug 2018, 11:29, edited 1 time in total.

Northernmonkey
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Northernmonkey »

coleridge wrote: 29 Jul 2018, 14:43 Hmm, can you try a capital i in iso and let me know how that goes.
I tried a few combos but not that one. All sorted :D

coleridge
Grumpy Old Man

Post by coleridge »

Cheers Nm. I'll edit the details :oops:

Oh and don't forget to enter free league :D

Another interesting one in Andre Gray. I've added him to the above list.

Northernmonkey
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Northernmonkey »

In the free league now :D .

For now I loaded it up with a team I’ll probably enter with my other side (after multiple rounds of tinkers). Any players in there I’d be happy with

coleridge
Grumpy Old Man

Post by coleridge »

Cardiff penalty taker in there I see :wink:

Malrom
FISO Knight

Post by Malrom »

Just joined

Added the original team.
How far are we with the final team?

coleridge
Grumpy Old Man

Post by coleridge »

Great to have you back Malrom, the closest thing we have to Iso royalty :D

I will put up another team for consideration later today, although I suspect we are still a good week away from being finalised.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “SkySports Fantasy Football”