To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Rate my overhaul team

A forum for news and discussion on SkySports Fantasy Football. Both Football365 and TeamTalk used to feed into this game.
Johnners
Grumpy Old Spur
FS Record: Hit and miss

Re: Rate my overhaul team

Post by Johnners »

You're right, of course the prices of the Liverpool back line will have been inflated to a degree to reflect their potential. Like rodduz said though, clean sheets are hard to come by anywhere else right now and no other team has conceded fewer goals up to this point either, so in my opinion the value is still there when you factor in their bonus/attacking contributions.

Also, when almost half of the managers in the game own VVD and the vast majority of the other half own one of TAA or Robertson, I'm struggling to make a case for going without any one of those three.

Yorkshire Exile
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Yorkshire Exile »

3 premium strikers does make things tight. Too tight imo. Whether I'm right or not remains to be seen

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: ?

Post by itslikebrandnew »

Johnners wrote: 15 Sep 2019, 19:58 You're right, of course the prices of the Liverpool back line will have been inflated to a degree to reflect their potential. Like rodduz said though, clean sheets are hard to come by anywhere else right now and no other team has conceded fewer goals up to this point either, so in my opinion the value is still there when you factor in their bonus/attacking contributions.

Also, when almost half of the managers in the game own VVD and the vast majority of the other half own one of TAA or Robertson, I'm struggling to make a case for going without any one of those three.
The idea for me is to go Zinchenko to VVD/TAA/Robertson at some stage, thinking that because of fixtures that Zinchenko could at least match their scores for a lower price. With Laporte out it's looking like a bad call though.

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man

Yorkshire Exile wrote: 15 Sep 2019, 20:11 3 premium strikers does make things tight. Too tight imo. Whether I'm right or not remains to be seen
At the moment VVD is only averaging 6pts a game. Looking at strikers, there's a few averaging around 10pts a game. For players like me that tend to always captain a striker there's just no value at the moment in premium defenders @ 10m.

The game feels very different to last season (partly due to positional changes and partly due to the way the game seems to create more chances for strikers with the rule changes). I've tried to adapt to that, this week it hasn't worked for me and that is mostly down to poor captaincy choices. Looking around at the scores this week i can just put my failure down to poor captain choices.

rodduz
FISOhead

Post by rodduz »

itslikebrandnew wrote:
Yorkshire Exile wrote: 15 Sep 2019, 20:11 3 premium strikers does make things tight. Too tight imo. Whether I'm right or not remains to be seen
At the moment VVD is only averaging 6pts a game. Looking at strikers, there's a few averaging around 10pts a game. For players like me that tend to always captain a striker there's just no value at the moment in premium defenders @ 10m.

The game feels very different to last season (partly due to positional changes and partly due to the way the game seems to create more chances for strikers with the rule changes). I've tried to adapt to that, this week it hasn't worked for me and that is mostly down to poor captaincy choices. Looking around at the scores this week i can just put my failure down to poor captain choices.
Midfielders have the least value. Like last year apart from Hazard the top 10 were all defenders and strikers. Save coin in the midfield

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

jaycar25
FISOhead
FS Record: Could be better!

Post by jaycar25 »

To be frank ILBN, you're making yourself out to be a laughing stock yet again.
You were saying similar things last year about premium defenders from what I recall.
How can you say there's no value in premium defenders as gospel. It's only 5 games in for
a start, also if you look at the way Liverpool play, they don't give away many chances and
sometimes it can be a fine margin between keeping a clean sheet and not, which means liverpool
and a handful of other teams will probably be amongst the best defences yet again.
The person that wins the game will do so with the best players from this season and strike a balance,
which means the best defenders with less rotation risk will play a part.
The only problem you have now is bringing these players in at the cost of transfers, whereas thousands of others
will already have them with no transfers made.
You're better of sticking with what you have for now and hope it pays off, otherwise you may think you're
at an advantage when really you're not.
You seem to make all these statements as gospel, and the comments always seem to bite you in the face, and make you look
stupid.
Not only that, you seem to chop and change your selections like there's no tomorrow, which tells me that you really don't have a concrete
strategy or know which are the best choices or know what you're doing, but you still seem to come out with these statements like there is
no value in premium defenders which quite frankly makes you out to be a xit.
I'm saying this for your own benefit as you continue to make yourself out to be a prize doughnut.

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man

jarcar25 you come across as the Phil Hellmuth of the fantasy football world.

Jimbo20
FISOhead

Post by Jimbo20 »

Just ignore him. He's just an idiot that does nothing but whinge and talk crap on the sun forum. I'm sure he was complaining the other week because oxlade-chamberlain wasn't awarded 3 points :lol:.

Yorkshire Exile
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Yorkshire Exile »

Don't let tone detract from the message.....

Perpetually asking for advice and then digging yer heels in to actively ignore it.....

If you're convinced by your approach fair fekking play and good luck to you.... But don't ask for advice

If you are unsure, ask for advice but then don't disagree with opinions that are varied and different to yer own. We all know what opinions are like and this place is full of them. :wink:

jaycar25
FISOhead
FS Record: Could be better!

Post by jaycar25 »

Jimbo20 wrote: 15 Sep 2019, 22:11 Just ignore him. He's just an idiot that does nothing but whinge and talk crap on the sun forum. I'm sure he was complaining the other week because oxlade-chamberlain wasn't awarded 3 points :lol:.
Yeah. I'm an idiot who finished 6th in the Sun Dream team the season before last and finished with 3 teams inside the top 100, and ironically used to hang out with a golden bracelet winner.
I also blew winning the whole thing with one bad 50/50 call, but I was happy in the end for Dot to walk away with the £150,000.
I'm just wondering why you'd call someone an idiot that you don't even know, with nothing to go on.
That seems pretty idiotic to me.
Incidentally there's nothing idiotic in complaining about a player not getting their points which they had actually earned, and as a consequence I lost out on player value also.

Maybe you should call a real idiot an idiot, which wont make you look like an idiot. :?

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man

Yorkshire Exile wrote: 15 Sep 2019, 22:40 Don't let tone detract from the message.....

Perpetually asking for advice and then digging yer heels in to actively ignore it.....

If you're convinced by your approach fair fekking play and good luck to you.... But don't ask for advice

If you are unsure, ask for advice but then don't disagree with opinions that are varied and different to yer own. We all know what opinions are like and this place is full of them. :wink:
I haven't ignored advice. I went Liverpool keeper and defenders at the start and i know it was only 4 games but wasn't happy with their returns for their inflated price this season. I still heeded the advice in regards to premium defs and at the overhaul swapped them for City defs as they are cheaper and i thought capable out outscoring Liverpool defs for a short period of time. I've only gone 3 at the back and i'll be moving to one Liverpool def when i think the timing is right.

In regards to saying i'll be swapping over to what others already have, that's a good point and i take that onboard. However if i gain 20pts with say Zinchenko over VVD then 20pts for a transfer is good isn't it? I'm sure i'll get the usual it's not going to happen but i looked at the fixtures and it looked possible and that's why i did it.

wandacatvenus
FISOhead
FS Record: 2017/18 - £5000 profit from Sky FF

Post by wandacatvenus »

ILBN. Attackers are currently out scoring defenders.

Beware though as the attacker returns are not sustainable (Unless we have a hatful of players heading to the 40 goals a Season mark)

Premium defenders when they concede often get bonus pts, so can still hit 5pts easily Premium attackers when they blank often score 2 (could be more 4s this Season with lower sot bonus threshold)

I'm on 433 and have both premium defenders and strikers. My midfield is crap though.

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man

Yes they are and that's why i didnt go Liverpool defenders. I think until teams get the hang of this new playing out from the back opening up the game too much it looks like more goals and less clean sheets. Which for me looked a big enough swing to change to Man City defs. You're spot on with premium defs being able to get their bonus points which is why i went Man City defs rather than garbage that i did last season.

Because of fixtures i wanted KDB and Pepe which could well come back and bite me on the arse.

My teams not the type of garbage i did last season, just a bit heavy on Man City players which didnt work for me at the weekend, but over the next few games it could.

It was just a simple equation for me thinking Man City def + KDB & Pepe + 2 garbage mids can outscore Liverpool def and 4 garbage mids.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “SkySports Fantasy Football”