To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

SquadGod Premiership Predictions

A forum for discussion on SquadGod Fantasy Football.
Patrick@SquadGod
Red & Blue Braces

SquadGod Premiership Predictions

Post by Patrick@SquadGod »

Prem Predictions - Gameweek 8

Man Utd v Wigan

None of the signs look good for Wigan. United have won their last five Premiership matches, and are defending an unbeaten home record, whilst Wigan are yet to win away from home. If that isn’t enough motivation, three points against the Latics will see United leapfrog Arsenal at the top of the table. The only consolation for Chris Hutchings’ men is that they don’t have that far to travel .

SquadGod fantasy pick: Wayne Rooney
Man United win (2-0)

Aston Villa v West Ham

There could be more claret than blue at Villa Park, as West Ham face Nigel Reo-Coker, who said recently that he needed to escape the bright lights of London to enhance his footballing career. Grudges aside, both teams have been inconsistent, but are capable of beating anyone on their day, and in those respects I think they will cancel each other out.

SquadGod fantasy pick: Robert Green
West Ham win (0-1)

Arsenal v Sunderland

In many respects, the Black Cats will be doing exactly what Wigan are doing this weekend. Going to put on a good show, and not lose by too demoralizing a scoreline. The problem is, where Man U are currently playing badly, Arsenal are in unbelievable form. Sunderland need a minor miracle to leave here with less than a two goal deficit.

SquadGod fantasy pick: Emmanuel Adebayor
Arsenal win (3-0)

Reading v Derby

Both teams seem to be in a race to the Championship, and both are capable of losing matches by a rugby scoreline. I expect both managers will view this game as a ‘must win’. Both teams have leaked a total of 39 goals this season, so one thing I’m not going to do here, is make a goalkeeper my SquadGod pick.

SquadGod fantasy pick: Dave Kitson
Reading win (2-1)

Blackburn v Birmingham

Birmingham put on a good workmanlike show against Man U last week, but were ultimately outclassed. Mark Hughes’ side has it’s fair share of players that can turn a match, but Steve Bruce may fancy his chances against his old team-mate. For Blackburn though, this match could be a repeat of last weeks win against Sunderland.

SquadGod fantasy pick: Roque Santa Cruz
Blackburn win (2-1)

Bolton v Chelsea

Where would Bolton be without Anelka’s goals? Actually, they’d still be second from bottom – but only because Derby have been so abysmal. Chelsea seem to be steadying the ship, and makeshift manager Avram Grant must be thanking the football Gods that it’s the Trotters he faces today.

SquadGod fantasy pick: Michael Essien
Chelsea win (0-2)

Liverpool v Tottenham

This has been earmarked as the match of the weekend, but that usually means it’ll be the most boring. Both managers are finding themselves under the cosh – Rafa, for his squad rotation policy and Jol, just for breathing. This match is viewed as a must win for both, but if Spurs lose today, we could be saying ‘Tot ziens’ to the Dutchman.

SquadGod fantasy pick: Fernando Torres
Liverpool win (2-1)

Man City v Middlesbrough

Boro are so flakey lately that, on the road, I would fancy any Premiership team to beat them (Spurs included). City are currently third in the league, and justifiably so. They are solid defensively and, because of Elano, are starting to win matches decisively, rather than by nicking a 1-0.

SquadGod fantasy pick: Elano Blumer
Man City win (2-0)

Newcastle v Everton

In a nutshell – Arteta. The Spaniard is the heartbeat of this Everton team, and they have missed him recently. Newcastle have been hit and miss all season, and manager Sam Allardyce can’t keep pointing at his injury list as an excuse. Joey Barton played 45 mins in a mid-week reserve match, so could be included on the bench. Either way, I think the Toffees will shade this one.

SquadGod fantasy pick: Mikel Arteta
Everton win (0-1)

Fulham v Portsmouth

Portsmouth like scoring goals, and Fulham like leaking goals. Therefore, this match has goal-fest written all over it. I think Pompey’s 7-4 win will count against them, as it exposed their own frailties in defence. Don’t forget Fulham will be full of confidence after their recent draw with Chelsea, and I think they will take all three points here.

SquadGod fantasy pick: Clint Dempsey
Fulham win (2-1)

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “SquadGod (Game Ceased)”