To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

SquadGod Fantasy Football

A forum for discussion on SquadGod Fantasy Football.
C.Sativa
Grumpy Old Man

Post by C.Sativa »

Looks like there is no transfer amnesty in this game.I've transfered a player, now I can't transfer anymore and looks like I've used my first week's transfer allowance.
Doesn't say anything about amnesty in the rules.

Flyman
FISO Knight
FS Record: FISO FPL Knockout Cup Winner 08; 5th Overall Sky Sports Euro 12

Post by Flyman »

C.Sativa wrote:Looks like there is no transfer amnesty in this game.I've transfered a player, now I can't transfer anymore and looks like I've used my first week's transfer allowance.
Doesn't say anything about amnesty in the rules.
Hi, C.S.,
I'm afraid it does mate.
How many transfers can I make?
Default groups can make 1 free transfer per week, and can buy additional transfers at the cost of 20pts.

The relevant bits in the game rules are:

8 Transfers: You are allowed one free transfer per gameweek, additional transfers will cost 20 points from your Team’s total score. Points are deducted for additional transfers at the end of the gameweek for which the transfer is made.
9 Transfer Deadline: The deadline for making transfers is Saturday 11.30 GMT. The transfer window for the next gameweek begins at 11.31 GMT.

If you keep your team as in Draft mode you can make as many changes as you want until the start of the season, or its first game, just don’t forget to save and submit the team!

Once you’ve submitted your team it’s locked, and the rules above will apply.

Custom groups may have different transfer rules so please check with them when entering.
:(

barry
FISO Knight

Post by barry »

see here viewtopic.php?t=28724, we can make our own rules up! anyone interested ? if so post on that thread please.

C.Sativa
Grumpy Old Man

Post by C.Sativa »

Do I have a different Rules page?

What are the rules of SquadGod?
These are the rules for SquadGod’s default groups and games, these rules do not apply to custom groups. If you are playing a custom group make sure you check what the game play settings are.

Default group game play settings:
Team budget: £100m
Formation: 4-4-2 or 4-3-3
Maximum players from 1 club: 2
Transfers: 1 free transfer per gameweek, additional transfers cost 20 points each, deducted at the end of the gameweek.
Team entry: You can only enter one team per group, but you can join and/or create as many groups as you want.
Scoring: The default scoring system can be accessed from within your group.
Points deducted for bookings: If a player receives two yellow cards they will only be deducted the points for the red card (-6), points for the yellow cards prior to the red will not be counted.
Goals conceded: Points for goals conceded will only apply after the first goal. So you are allowed one goal conceded but after which you’ll be deducted points.
Captains: your nominated captain will be awarded a 50% points bonus, for example if your captain scores 10 points their final score would be 15.
Formations: Teams can be either in a 4-4-2 or 4-3-3 formation, changing formation will require 1 transfer, this can be a free transfer
Transfers: You are allowed one free transfer per gameweek, additional transfers will cost 20 points from your Team’s total score. Points are deducted for additional transfers at the end of the gameweek for which the transfer is made.
Transfer Deadlines: The deadline for making transfers will normally be Saturday 11.30 GMT. The transfer window for the next gameweek begins at 11.31 GMT. There may be exceptions to this where games begin on days other than Saturday, please check the site for confirmation of the transfer deadlines for these weeks
Positions: Players can only play in their respective positions. Player positions are decided by SquadGod, our decision is final.
Injuries and transfers: If your player is injured or suspended we will try to alert you of this via the site, however it is your responsibility to take action and check on your players status. Removing an injured player counts as a transfer. Check the site regularly.
Club transfers: If a player in your team transfers to another club after the start of the game he will remain listed as belonging to his original club as long as he remains in your team. So if you have a Man Utd player who goes to Newcastle he will still show as Man Utd player in your team unless you transfer him out.
Gameweeks: Gameweeks will normally run from Saturday 11.31 GMT to the next Saturday at 11.30 GMT, however please check on the site, there will be breaks in domestic fixtures due to international matches.
Fixtures: A list of match fixtures is available on the site. Clubs playing two matches in one week mean you can, potentially, score twice if you have players in both matches. Check the schedules and manage your team accordingly to take advantage of this.
Inactive groups: groups with one member and which show no updates or gameplay may be deleted, we will always email the group’s manager first to give them warning if this is being considered.
SquadGod Super Group: All default groups, and their members, will be entered into the SquadGod Super Group. Please read the rules for the league published here .
Prize eligibility: A group must have a minimum of 5 members for it and it’s members to be eligible for entry into prized draws and competitions. Please read the Terms and Conditions for further information on prize eligibility.
Ties: In the event of a points tie the team that’s used the least number of transfers will win. SquadGod’s decision is final.
Custom groups: These rules do not apply to custom groups which can change the scoring systems and gameplay settings. If you are playing in a custom group it’s your responsibility to read their gameplay rules and familiarise yourself with their scoring system. Custom groups are not eligible for entry into prized competitions
:)
Last edited by C.Sativa on 07 Aug 2007, 00:01, edited 1 time in total.

C.Sativa
Grumpy Old Man

Post by C.Sativa »

barry wrote:see here viewtopic.php?t=28724, we can make our own rules up! anyone interested ? if so post on that thread please.
I think once you change the rules you can't compete with other people except the ones in your league.
I've picked the default rules that would give bigger competition.Otherwise we'll be competing between 4-5 of us.
Actually I was looking for reason to quit the game anyway. :)
I'm playing 25-30 different FF game with more than hundred teams.

barry
FISO Knight

Post by barry »

C.Sativa wrote:
barry wrote:see here viewtopic.php?t=28724, we can make our own rules up! anyone interested ? if so post on that thread please.
I think once you change the rules you can't compete with other people except the ones in your league.
I've picked the default rules that would give bigger competition.Otherwise we'll be competing between 4-5 of us.
Actually I was looking for reason to quit the game anyway. :)
I'm playing 25-30 different FF game with more than hundred teams.
what you saying mate, we're not good enough? :twisted:

:wink:

I just thought with such an interesting twist to a FF game we should at least try it - it would be rude not too :lol:

trouble is getting an agreed set of rules before Saturday :?

CanaryYellow
FISO Knight

Post by CanaryYellow »

Just spent another frustrating 30 minutes trying to navigate my way around, i still have the blank screen on both my pc and laptop when i press the edit my squad button so i'll be unable to submit my squad and therefore unable to play.

Good luck to everyone else. :cry:

barry
FISO Knight

Post by barry »

CanaryYellow wrote:Just spent another frustrating 30 minutes trying to navigate my way around, i still have the blank screen on both my pc and laptop when i press the edit my squad button so i'll be unable to submit my squad and therefore unable to play.

Good luck to everyone else. :cry:
want to pm me your log in details and I'll try?

CanaryYellow
FISO Knight

Post by CanaryYellow »

I dont even know who is in my squad. I suspect Terry for one since i picked it ages ago.

Flyman has given me a tip which i am going to try, if that fails i'll forward my details.

CanaryYellow
FISO Knight

Post by CanaryYellow »

Success! Dreadful squad but im in now.

barry
FISO Knight

Post by barry »

CanaryYellow wrote:Success! Dreadful squad but im in now.
slightly easier rules here in the Fiso 2nd league

:wink:

Razorback
FISO Knight
FS Record: 8th overall TFF 06/07, TFF25s & FISO Super League Champion 06/07, FISO Euro 2008 Predictions League Champion, 2nd overall Sky FF 08/09, 263rd overall FPL 08/09, Block Party Super League Champion 10/11 & 44th overall TFF 11/12

Post by Razorback »

Just submitted my team 8-) ...

Chrisharry12345
Dumbledore

transfers?

Post by Chrisharry12345 »

can you only make one transfer before the game starts..?

Hammertime
Grumpy Old Hammer
FS Record: Some success and a lot of failure

Post by Hammertime »

Finally found my team and it includes Drogba, Neill and Isaksson :(
Was hoping there was a transfer amnesty till kick off, but it seems not.

Patrick@SquadGod
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Patrick@SquadGod »

Hammertime wrote:Finally found my team and it includes Drogba, Neill and Isaksson :(
If you keep your team as in Draft mode you can make as many changes as you want until the end of the gameweek (11.30 GMT), just don’t forget to save and submit the team!

Once you’ve submitted your team it’s locked.

Chrisharry12345
Dumbledore

Post by Chrisharry12345 »

Patrick@SquadGod wrote:
Hammertime wrote:Finally found my team and it includes Drogba, Neill and Isaksson :(
If you keep your team as in Draft mode you can make as many changes as you want until the end of the gameweek (11.30 GMT), just don’t forget to save and submit the team!

i made that mistake :( really annoying!! :(

Patrick@SquadGod
Red & Blue Braces

Chrisharry12345 wrote:
Patrick@SquadGod wrote:

i made that mistake :( really annoying!! :(
Still, nice work picking Rolando Bianchi and Roque Santa Cruz :wink:

blueprint
Grumpy Old Man

Post by blueprint »

Am I missing something in the games rules or a posting here, but why are the midweek games not GW2? Are they still to be added to GW1?

Sorry for being a bit dim, but I'm sure I saw (somewhere) that GW1 results and scores were now done. Maybe I'm just in so many games my wires are getting crossed.

CanaryYellow
FISO Knight

Post by CanaryYellow »

Gameweeks are exactly that - weeks so Saturday to Friday.

Patrick@SquadGod
Red & Blue Braces

blueprint wrote:Am I missing something in the games rules or a posting here, but why are the midweek games not GW2? Are they still to be added to GW1?

Sorry for being a bit dim, but I'm sure I saw (somewhere) that GW1 results and scores were now done. Maybe I'm just in so many games my wires are getting crossed.
The gameweeks are saturday to saturday (11.30GMT) my earlier post were just to say that I'd updated the scores thus far.

We're set up to have scores update same day but for this first month we're checking them over manually first to make sure they're working

Regards, P

blueprint
Grumpy Old Man

Post by blueprint »

thanks to you both, told you I was dim.

I checked the site sometime after and found the fixture details. Rush back to delete/edit post to hide my shame :oops: but you guys beat me to it.

dandg
FISOhead

Post by dandg »

How do you tell what overall position you are in?

Patrick@SquadGod
Red & Blue Braces

dandg wrote:How do you tell what overall position you are in?
You can't right now - we're working on it.

quizking
Grumpy Old Man
Location: quizking towers, primrose hill; and running the shop at https://www.quizking.net/

Post by quizking »

By looking at a couple of the larger groups, you can get a rough idea of what the leading score would be - i think 224 is the best i've seen so far.

dandg
FISOhead

Post by dandg »

quizking wrote:By looking at a couple of the larger groups, you can get a rough idea of what the leading score would be - i think 224 is the best i've seen so far.
That would put me in 1st then.
Nice 8-)

dandg
FISOhead

Post by dandg »

On the statistics page I can't find the passing and tackling stats. Does anyone know where to find them?

Patrick@SquadGod
Red & Blue Braces

dandg wrote:On the statistics page I can't find the passing and tackling stats. Does anyone know where to find them?
They're coming :wink:

We're looking to roll them out in Sep

blueprint
Grumpy Old Man

Post by blueprint »

I have just been and checked my teams and the Dashboard button only seems to now appear on main screen.
So if after I have checked on one team/league I had to keep going backwards to get back to main screen. It wasn't like this last week when I checked scores and set squad for this week.

Hammertime
Grumpy Old Hammer
FS Record: Some success and a lot of failure

Post by Hammertime »

So many players listed as injured but Ole Gunnar Solskjaer seems to be fit, SAF will be pleased :lol:

blueprint
Grumpy Old Man

Post by blueprint »

I can't believe it, I have actually got to top spot in a league. May not be for long but I'll enjoy it while I can. Not doing so good in our second league, only 7th out of 8.

FISOheads League

01 Sultan of Barnet FC Cotopaxi Eruptions 156 125.30 1253
02 buryboy buryboy 69 122.40 1224
03 Thepoles XI thepole 97 120.50 1205
04 Ifs TC 133 119.10 1191
05 Furballs Vid 150 119.10 1191
06 Bogtrotters United Flyman 183 118.10 1181
07 shamrock rovers blumoon 140 117.90 1179
08 Westbury Albion Anthony Grady 110 117.30 1173
09 chrisharry12345 chrisharry12345 146 116.50 1165
10 The Squad God Of Dodd Doddso 84 116.40 1164

FISO 2nd League