To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

What's wrong with the ESPN game

A forum for discussion and comment on ESPN Soccernet's Fantasy Soccer games
blueprint
Grumpy Old Man

What's wrong with the ESPN game

Post by blueprint »

I know there are some problems with the ESPN game but that can be said of all games.
The bigest being so many players on a fairly tight budget. Also it would help that when you put cursor over a player it showed who he plays for, not just his name and position. If you don't know every player or team strip (more so in Italian, Spanish and French leagues) you have to keep going to the player info to find out who he is playing for. A minor annoyance but it still bugs me.

But it has so many things going for it also.
Being able to do, English, Spanish, Italian, French and the Champions League all from the one spot must be a good thing. Also being able to change your team on a daily basis, means with some forward planning and a little work you can score points on every game day. All players are used at some point during the week, not sitting on the bench twiddling their fantasy thumbs.

I really like this game and find it hard to fathom why it doesn't attract more players than it does. Maybe I am looking at it with rose tinted glasses or something, am I missing the reason why so few people like this game?
The same could be said of the Yahoo game. I know it's old fashioned in style, but it has enough followers to have it's own major forum (Team Talk) yet here on FISO, little or nothing, which in my opinion is a shame.

dazedandconfused
Treebeard

Re: What's wrong with the ESPN game

Post by dazedandconfused »

blueprint wrote:I know there are some problems with the ESPN game but that can be said of all games.
The bigest being so many players on a fairly tight budget. Also it would help that when you put cursor over a player it showed who he plays for, not just his name and position. If you don't know every player or team strip (more so in Italian, Spanish and French leagues) you have to keep going to the player info to find out who he is playing for. A minor annoyance but it still bugs me.

But it has so many things going for it also.
Being able to do, English, Spanish, Italian, French and the Champions League all from the one spot must be a good thing. Also being able to change your team on a daily basis, means with some forward planning and a little work you can score points on every game day. All players are used at some point during the week, not sitting on the bench twiddling their fantasy thumbs.

I really like this game and find it hard to fathom why it doesn't attract more players than it does. Maybe I am looking at it with rose tinted glasses or something, am I missing the reason why so few people like this game?
The same could be said of the Yahoo game. I know it's old fashioned in style, but it has enough followers to have it's own major forum (Team Talk) yet here on FISO, little or nothing, which in my opinion is a shame.
It baffles me as well, I get the most enjoyment out of the games that you have to think about more than once a week as is the case with most fantasy football games. The O2 game was good last year as you had 20 transfers a month so you could move players out on Saturday for Sunday players etc.

The Times Game is the best around this year as far as I'm concerned but that's probably because it's similar to the fantasy baseball roto games that I enjoy so much where you are involved every day for 6 months.

I agree with all your comments about the ESPN games, some room for improvement but nevertheless one of the best.

:?

thespecialone
FISO Knight

Post by thespecialone »

not just me then :lol: usually put the notebook up then get fixtures from beeb and work out the days like that :roll:

blueprint
Grumpy Old Man

Post by blueprint »

As if to prove my point.
The Champions League ESPN game FISO league has (so far) 4 teams in it.

My own league I've advertised just about everywhere (sorry if you've read my ad's more than once), has so far got 27 teams in it. Even that is not a great return for all the effort I've put in. I know there is still a week or so to get a few more teams invloved though.

What we need here is not a Moderator but a Motivator.

thespecialone
FISO Knight

Post by thespecialone »

dont worry i'll be their :) got to see who's playing out of the little teams.
will submit on monday

dachshund
Grumpy Old Man

Post by dachshund »

It should grow in popularity, I hope. The mechanic for swapping players from bench to pitch needs to be smoother, but otherwise the game works well.

blueprint
Grumpy Old Man

Post by blueprint »

I guess one reason why games like the FPL are so popular (other than it is easier to use) is that it does lend it's self to side games, thus making it more interesting and fun.

Also a shame it doesn't have an inner league forum (again like the FPL) I like having digs at my fellow league members (when I'm winning, so not often).

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Soccernet/ESPN Fantasy Soccer”