To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Soccernet Fantasy Soccer (EPL)

A forum for discussion and comment on ESPN Soccernet's Fantasy Soccer games
blueprint
Grumpy Old Man

Post by blueprint »

Oddly, I have no problem with the Flash player on any game version other than the Spanish game. You'd think they'd all be the same!

grob
Dumbledore

Post by grob »

and do you have the latest version installed,9X I think it's called, ?
I recall someone starting a thread at the start of the season outlining exactly this problem,but as it's often OK,I've just put up with it.
Since my earlier post I decided to act,but when I saw the Adobe instructions I changed my mind - I've not the time or the patience at present !

blueprint
Grumpy Old Man

Post by blueprint »

I'm fairly certain I have the newest version of Flash player at home and an old version at work.
Both computers have had no problems untill they added the fixtures button. On both computers if I try and get the fixtures for Spanish games they both freeze and require going back to home page and going then back to team page and checking fixtures from my old source (368.com) opened in another Explorer tab.

But like I said earlier (oddly). I can get fixtures with no problems on ESPN's Premiership, French, Italian and Champions League games!? :?

eppytaff
FISOhead

Post by eppytaff »

Same problem for me too I'm afraid - and I'm using Firefox rather than IE.

I've dropped them a line just so they know about it, so who knows, it could be sorted before the w/e anyway. :wink:

ytm
Official YTM

Post by ytm »

there was a problem with the La Liga fixtures pop-up - this should be fixed now.

best to email in if you have any other queries.

Thanks.

giblet
FISOhead

Post by giblet »

Not sure how the owner of the team Donegal Blues entered in the Champions League competition has managed it but this team shows as having has 12 players transferred out when the limit for this competition is stated within the rules as 10. Certainly the number of transfers shown as left on my team added to those already performed adds up to 10.

This apparent ability to go beyond the allocation of transfers would appear to have given the mentioned team some distinct advantage as it currently leads the Fiso mini-league.

scopsm
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 6th AOL comp 2009/10 season; Winner of SportsKnockout Pro League, 15th William Hill 2010/11, 2nd Sun Dream Team weekly Dec 2014, 3rd Tennis for Free Champions League 2015

Post by scopsm »

giblet wrote:Not sure how the owner of the team Donegal Blues entered in the Champions League competition has managed it but this team shows as having has 12 players transferred out when the limit for this competition is stated within the rules as 10. Certainly the number of transfers shown as left on my team added to those already performed adds up to 10.

This apparent ability to go beyond the allocation of transfers would appear to have given the mentioned team some distinct advantage as it currently leads the Fiso mini-league.
As manager of Donegal Blues, I don't know what you're on about but there are 12 transfers in this game from the rules copied below. You click on Rules and you get this :!: :!:

After selecting your squad you can make Unlimited substitutions within the squad and up to 12 transfers in and out of the squad over the course of the season. Dropping 1 player from your squad and signing a replacement is considered to be 1 transfer.

There is a Transfer Amnesty PRIOR to the start of the season to allow you to make transfers without it impacting on your season allowance of 12 transfers. The Transfer Amnesty closes at 12pm UK time on Monday 17th September - after this any changes will impact on your allowance of 12 transfers.

Any transfers you make will become active at the next deadline provided you go through the Save Team process.

giblet
FISOhead

Post by giblet »

I must apologise to you SCOPSM for getting this transfer ruling wrong.

I was mislead into believing the transfer limit was 10 by the fact that my team is strangely shown as having only 2 transfers left despite having only 8 players listed in my Transferred out section. Nevertheless I should obviously have re-checked the rules more carefully before raising the matter and questioning your team. Once again my sincere apologies.

scopsm
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 6th AOL comp 2009/10 season; Winner of SportsKnockout Pro League, 15th William Hill 2010/11, 2nd Sun Dream Team weekly Dec 2014, 3rd Tennis for Free Champions League 2015

Post by scopsm »

giblet wrote:I must apologise to you SCOPSM for getting this transfer ruling wrong.

I was mislead into believing the transfer limit was 10 by the fact that my team is strangely shown as having only 2 transfers left despite having only 8 players listed in my Transferred out section. Nevertheless I should obviously have re-checked the rules more carefully before raising the matter and questioning your team. Once again my sincere apologies.
Apology accepted.

What may or may not explain your transfer confusion.

If you have transferred the same player out and back in again to your team, then in that case, it would show 8 players listed only but you would have made 10 transfers in that scenario.

scopsm
Grumpy Old Man

Post by scopsm »

Mini League very tight at the top going into the last set of fixtures (6 points seperating top 3 teams).

Only got 3 players starting tonight and 3 last night.

scopsm
Grumpy Old Man

Post by scopsm »

Victory in ESPN Champs League for me (top of FISO League at least,which is a first for me in FF). 8-)

Came 19th overall.

blueprint
Grumpy Old Man

Post by blueprint »

Just left my congrats in the league round up thread, before reading this thread. So I will repeat my well done here.... Well Done.

My mere 188 points only got me to 4446th place I'm afraid. :oops:

nigel1305
Grumpy Old Hand
FS Record: Never Ever Feel Inferior

Post by nigel1305 »

Unbelievably, I have got the top score of the week in the EPL game with 69 points.... :shock: :D

Sadly, there appears to be no prize for this..... :roll:

scopsm
Grumpy Old Man

Post by scopsm »

Anyone finding the site really slow at moment. Can't get as far as viewing my team at moment.
I'm on 56k modem over Christmas but even so.

giblet
FISOhead

Post by giblet »

Don't know if anyone else attempted any French League transfers/ substitutions on Sunday but there was no response to the cursor being placed on any of the players so the intended changes couldn't be performed. This was the only league with any problems. I was able to do changes on the Premier, Italian and Spanish league competitions.

I forwarded an e-mail Sunday morning highlighting the problem but obviously there was no one present and the situation wasn't corrected until Monday. I also e-mailed my intended substitutions to them well before the Sunday deadline but despite apologising for their system error they have flatly refused to activate the e-mailed substitutions which is extremely annoying as my team is very well placed near the top of the overall league and I could have done without being robbed of around a dozen points through their system error and subsequent reluctance to implement e-mailed changes.

I do enjoy the Soccernet competitions but Black Mark to them on this occasion!! :? :(

blueprint
Grumpy Old Man

Post by blueprint »

I did note that on the ESPN French fixture list one game was listed twice. I'm guessing this is what has mucked up thier system. I didn't have any changes to make for that fixture so had not fallen foul of this error.

Hard luck mate.

blueprint
Grumpy Old Man

Post by blueprint »

Just tried to set my Argentinian team and found although there are fixtures for the 11th 12th and I think 13th the earliest it will let me save a team is the 20th. So a few games missed here also.

Come on ESPN sort your game out.

dachshund
Grumpy Old Man

Post by dachshund »

Do you already have a team saved for the 20th though? If so you'd need to undo it

blueprint
Grumpy Old Man

Post by blueprint »

dachshund wrote:Do you already have a team saved for the 20th though? If so you'd need to undo it
No, thankfully I waited until last posible moment and re-checked the game and the fixures listings and save dates had been sorted so I was able to save my teams correctly.

Only trouble with so many games on the go and all with kick off dates at different times I've not found an open window to grab an ESPN round up of scores. Sorry.

mandela10
Cheetah

Re: Soccernet Fantasy Soccer (EPL)

Post by mandela10 »

can i watch the UEFA on fantasy soccer.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Soccernet/ESPN Fantasy Soccer”