To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

CYKI Mini-League 2009/10

A forum for discussion on Can You Kick It's (CYKI) Fantasy Football game
Spencer4
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: 2008/9 FPL 172nd, 2007/8 TFF 6th, Vid's Predictions winner 2014/5, Fiso TFF Hot shots champ 2015/6, murfs Egg chasers winner 2017 & 2024, winner PB's last man standing golf comp 2018

CYKI Mini-League 2009/10

Post by Spencer4 »

It's best if Dixiedean renews the league from last year. No sweating over prizes this year as there aren't any :(

bossdrum
Red & Blue Braces

Re: CYKI Mini-League 2009/10

Post by bossdrum »

Will he/somebody set up a fiso Head 2 Head aswell & maybe limit the numbers in it?

DixieDean
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: 2 Top 100 finishes in TFFO; £270 in CYKI since 2008

Post by DixieDean »

Sorbiegunner was the boss in the end I think. I have no way of kicking things off again re. the old league.

Sorry.

Rich

DixieDean
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by DixieDean »

BTW... I don't mind setting it up if nothing happens in the next few days but I'm sure sorbie will anyway.

Spencer4
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: 2008/9 FPL 172nd, 2007/8 TFF 6th, Vid's Predictions winner 2014/5, Fiso TFF Hot shots champ 2015/6, murfs Egg chasers winner 2017 & 2024, winner PB's last man standing golf comp 2018

Post by Spencer4 »

DixieDean wrote:BTW... I don't mind setting it up if nothing happens in the next few days but I'm sure sorbie will anyway.

I've just Pmed him, so let's leave it a while, it'll be so much easier this way.

DixieDean
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by DixieDean »

Good plan in my book... 8-)

DixieDean
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by DixieDean »

Last edited by DixieDean on 31 Jul 2009, 06:55, edited 1 time in total.

grob
Dumbledore

Post by grob »

It's an embarrassing position you put everyone in Dixie, by asking such a question,as nobody wants to object to a regular poster such as yourself seeking exemption from the rules, but if for that reason,no-one responds,you'll then be able to claim at a later date,"well,I asked you all if it was OK,and no-one objected so I went ahead and did it"

So,I'll have a go at responding !

Presumably,when you say that your son is 2 years under the qualifying age,you mean that he's only 14 as he needs to be 16 before he can join Fiso ?

The problem I see,which you presumably can't as you wouldn't have raised the question otherwise, is where do you draw the line when it comes to making exceptions to the rules ?

The Fiso policy regarding membership of Fiso minileagues is that to join one,you must be a Fiso member,and we've encountered big problems where this rule hasn't been enforced,as in the Sky FF ML last season.

If your son is 14,he's eligible to play Cyki,the age limit for which is only 12,so why not just let him compare his progress with that of his dad,without needing to be a member of the same Minileague to do so ?

Otherwise,if we say that members of the families of Fiso members can also join Fiso ML's, where do we draw the line when someone else wants to enrol his son/daughters ?

You'll find you've compromised yourself I fear,as if you don't respect the rules,you can then no longer object to others not doing so,as you've created a precedent.

You'll also possibly save yourself a dilemma if ever your son wants to go drinking with his underage mates or something similar,and when you refuse to allow him to go, pointing out that he needs to be 18,he reminds you that the same applied to him here ?

Hopefully,you haven't given him any encouragement to believe that it may be OK,so he won't be too disappointed,and will continue to have a lot of fun playing Cyki this season,and in a couple of years ,will be trouncing all of us in the Fiso ML.

Others may have a different view,but that's mine,based on experience of what can happen to kids who aren't taught to respect rules when they're young.

DixieDean
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by DixieDean »

Last edited by DixieDean on 31 Jul 2009, 06:56, edited 1 time in total.

grob
Dumbledore

Post by grob »

To be honest Dixie,it's the sort of question that many people would rather pretend not to have seen,rather than attempt to respond to !
That thought crossed my mind too, but I felt it would be doing you a disservice were I to just pass by, keeping my thoughts to myself.
The fact that your son doesn't even qualify to play Cyki for another 2 years yet,and is 6 years away from being old enough to join Fiso,makes your decision the right one I feel.

In life generally,and if we remember events in our own childhood,I think most of us have broken rules from time to time, and it can be quite exciting to do so,if you don't get caught !

I attended the funeral of one of my favourite uncles recently,and explained to some of my relatives there, why I held him in such high regard.

I used to spend the Summer on his farm,where I was allowed to do everything,from milking the cows by hand,finding eggs in places where only I knew where they'd been laid, and all kinds of jobs like gathering hay, but above all, that he allowed me to drive the tractor,which my father would never have done I'm sure,as I wasn't much older than your son is now - what a thrill,and such an honour I felt at the trust my uncle showed in me !

So,I'm not going to spill the beans on your son illegally playing Cyki,that's for sure ! :wink:

RomynPG
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL 134 overall 06/07 ... never close since

Post by RomynPG »

grob wrote:...So,I'm not going to spill the beans on your son illegally playing Cyki,that's for sure ! :wink:
you don't have to - Dixie has done that for himself by posting it on a public forum that only yesterday a verified representative of CYKI posted on :?

Pommy Jimbo
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Pommy Jimbo »

This is very serious stuff! :wink:

Jonathan
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: ^ That's my dad! ^ KGC Captain's Drive-in 2015 Champ
FS Record: OFL Champions League Sprint finalist 10/11

Post by Jonathan »

I think it best the rules are stuck to, Dixie. Certainly where the FISO league is concerned. I won't comment on the age limit for the CYKI, but I would imagine that is only in place because cash is up for grabs, other than that, I don't see why there needs to be an age limit.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

I have a 2, 5 and 7 year old I could enter :wink:

DixieDean
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by DixieDean »

:lol:

redcanuck
FISOhead
FS Record: Sky sports Fantasy league Winner 2008-09

Post by redcanuck »

I have put my team together for CYKI, is there a code for the FISO mini league. My team name is United4Ever.

DrBunker
FISO Knight
FS Record: FISODAS season 21 Premiership champion

Post by DrBunker »

It hasn't be created yet. Either Sorbie will open it when he signs up or Dixie/someone else will at a later date. There's no rush that I'm aware of, just bookmark this thread and keep an eye on it.

Spencer4
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Spencer4 »

Sorbie sent me a PM to say he will do it when he has a moment.

Ringo_the_Lion
Treebeard

Post by Ringo_the_Lion »

For what its worth Dixie theres nothing to stop your son managing a team as long as its in your name, a bit like some of the shady business people who get someone 'legit' to 'front' their dodgy dealings.

Many of my fantasy teams in the past have been my Dog's teams just in my name, i won't however reveal what competitions they were, as i wouldn't want to incriminate myself :wink: .

DrBunker
FISO Knight

Post by DrBunker »

It might be an idea to remove the relevant posts before the CYKI rep logs in again. It's probably worth doing this to de-clutter this minileague specific thread in any case.

If anyone who posted in response to his question doesn't want their post binned please speak up.

RomynPG
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL 134 overall 06/07 ... never close since

Post by RomynPG »

DrBunker wrote:I've suggested to Rich that it might be an idea to remove the relevant posts before the CYKI rep logs in again. It's probably worth doing this to de-clutter this minileague specific thread in any case.

If anyone who posted in response to his question doesn't want their post binned please speak up.
While this may seem petty - I do not want my post edited.

I have always taken the the view that anything I write, be that in email or in a forum post, is the same as it would be if I were to say the same in a crowded room of strangers. Let's face it if that view was taken by many 6 months ago the whole VIPGate would probably not have happened. Before I hit submit on any post/email I ask myself whether I would be happy for the world to read it, because they could (and it's all archived) - anything else I'll keep to myself. I'm also very much opposed to selective censorship on the internet - it's the road to ruin.

While I appreciate that Dixie wants to play against his son I don't think CYKI is the game to do it in. Doing so not only breaks the site's TOCs but, as grob pointed out, puts us in a difficult position as to whether we agree or disagree. I personally don't have a problem with it, the more the merrier, ... BUT it's against the rules of the site and (call me sad) but thats the way it is. A game where you can play against your children while not condoning them to break rules (however pointless you deem them to be) is probably a better option.

That said if all other posts are altered then mine would make no sense anyway but that's just how it may be.

@ Ringo_the_Lion - I don't know whether you were joking or not .. but just in case you weren't ... multiteaming is not condoned on FISO in games that specifically outlaw it. There have been many discussions in the past on this subject within FPL/CYKI and while we know some will do it it pretty much taboo to the majority. Most like to know they're playing on a level playing field and some get quite upset when they find they might not be. If you do it - keep it to yourself and good luck.

DixieDean
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by DixieDean »

You could at least make it more general and less specific to any individual...

I've edited my posts.

DrBunker
FISO Knight

Post by DrBunker »

Point well made Romyn. No posts will be removed.

I've edited my post to make it a bit more ambiguous.

After all this I'm sure CYKI won't be too concerned. One slightly underaged player, the son of an experienced player, is not going to be the end of their world.

sorbiegunner
Grumpy Old Man

Post by sorbiegunner »

The league is now renewed and all members who were in it last year will be automatically re-entered this year,

New members wishing to join the league will need to enter the code which is 2544-461 and the league name is FISO Forum.

No prizes for mini leagues this year unfortunately but good luck to all.

flyingkillercob
Dumbledore
FS Record: murf’s African Nations Cup 2012 Winner. FISO Goals 15/16 & 17/18 Winner.

Post by flyingkillercob »

Anyone want to set up a H2H league?

DixieDean
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by DixieDean »

flyingkillercob wrote:Anyone want to set up a H2H league?
I'd just kick one off if I was you fkc... there's no reason why it should be anyone in particular.

GM
Grumpy Old Man

Post by GM »

In from last year thanks

Team - My 2 Black Cats

Ringo_the_Lion
Treebeard

Post by Ringo_the_Lion »

RomynPG wrote:

@ Ringo_the_Lion - I don't know whether you were joking or not .. but just in case you weren't ... multiteaming is not condoned on FISO in games that specifically outlaw it. There have been many discussions in the past on this subject within FPL/CYKI and while we know some will do it it pretty much taboo to the majority. Most like to know they're playing on a level playing field and some get quite upset when they find they might not be. If you do it - keep it to yourself and good luck.
Just to clear things up every FISO team i've ever entered have been under my own name and if the rules state 'only one team per member' that is what i do.

The multi teaming as you call it is where i might have 4 Telegraph teams and 6 Sun Dream teams and some are named after my dog or picked by my wife, but entered under my name.

If any prizes are won i'll take the winnnings and the wife gets a new handbag and the Dog gets a new collar and a bone, my treat!! :D .

grob
Dumbledore

Post by grob »

smart move that Ringo, as you appeared to have stuck your head in a noose with your previous post,and would inevitably have faced a lynch mob if you'd kept it there ! :wink:

that's cleared that up nicely then; :D for what it's worth, and for the benefit of any newcomers to Fiso, we play by the game rules here in FPL/Cyki as otherwise anarchy prevails, and it's especially important to the majority of us here that newcomers used to entering more than 1 team in single entry comps understand why,including the fact that some genuine single entrants can otherwise find themselves unfairly knocked out of the cup competitions by multi-entrants until they're detected, thus spoiling the comps.

However,no such problem in your case,though it's good that RomynPG queried this, thus enabling you to correct the impression your original post would,evidently wrongly, have left on many people :)

blueprint
Grumpy Old Man

Post by blueprint »

I've entered Cotopaxi Eruptions into this league (and the H2H), may the best team with a Volcano in its name win. :lol:

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Can You Kick It (CYKI)”