To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

CYKI Pub talk...

A forum for discussion on Can You Kick It's (CYKI) Fantasy Football game
RamR
Grumpy Old Man

Re: CYKI Pub talk...

Post by RamR »

flyingkillercob wrote:Have you tried inputting the code into amazon.ca? If it doesn't work, I'm sure one of us Brits will buy it off you.
The code doesn't work on any site other than the .co.uk one... as per their instructions (I even tried anyway). The 3rd stipulation is one that I'm concerned would make it impossible to sell the code as well.
amazon wrote:1. Gift certificates may only be redeemed at our Web site towards the purchase of
products listed in Amazon.co.uk's online catalogue sold by Amazon.co.uk. They
cannot be redeemed at Amazon.com, Amazon.de, Amazon.fr, Amazon.co.jp,
Amazon.ca, Amazon.co.uk Auctions, Amazon.co.uk zShops or Amazon.co.uk Marketplace,
or at Amazon.co.uk's Trusted Partners' sites.
2. The gift certificate cannot be used to pay for Amazon.co.uk gift certificates.
3. The gift certificate has a cash redemption value of GBP 0.001 and is not
transferable or assignable.

flyingkillercob
Dumbledore
FS Record: murf’s African Nations Cup 2012 Winner. FISO Goals 15/16 & 17/18 Winner.

Post by flyingkillercob »

Well, I managed to sell the £50 voucher I won last year, as I didn't need anything from amazon at the time of winning.

It is a bit unfair that they clearly accept non-uk entries (as evidenced by the ability to select any country in your details page), but only those able to get goods delivered to the UK can use the bonus prizes (the non-bonus prizes seem to be cold hard cash).

I suppose you could buy £50 worth of mp3 downloads...

RamR
Grumpy Old Man

Post by RamR »

Are there any FISOers out there (or acquaintances of) who use or are going to use amazon and might be interested in helping out a fellow forum member? If so let me know and we can arrange a way to do an exchange.

bristolciteh
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Somewhat absymal.

Post by bristolciteh »

How are people doing this week? All done on 57 for me.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

:oops:

Giggs11
Grumpy Old Man
Location: But Gerrard effed it up,again!! Gerrard effed it up, again!!!

Post by Giggs11 »

56 for me. :)
I swapped Faye for Shawcross in all of my other teams after rumours of injury,
but somehow missed it in this one :?

kengster
Kevin and Perry

Post by kengster »

52 for me. Satisfied for first gw of the season.

By the way, is the CYKI website running very slowly or is it just me?

Mintman
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: I've won stuff...

Post by Mintman »

53 for me!! :) Decent enough start to the season.
kengster wrote:By the way, is the CYKI website running very slowly or is it just me?
Site doesn't seem to run slow for me, however there always seems to be bits missing?? :?

flyingkillercob
Dumbledore
FS Record: murf’s African Nations Cup 2012 Winner. FISO Goals 15/16 & 17/18 Winner.

Post by flyingkillercob »

47, not bad considering I dropped Gerrard for Kuyt.

Btw I am using my www for my CYKI team now that we have an FPL button :idea:

Not So Special One
Treebeard

Post by Not So Special One »

Yeah, Rafa really gamed us with all that talk about Gerrard not being able to play Saturday, but just maybe on Sunday. Put in Carrick instead, he didn't play, but the Wigan defender on my bench unexpectedly scored nearly as many points as Gerrard, so maybe there's some justice after all. :roll:

Not going to win anything - can't, I'm not a Brit - but off to a much better start than last season. (49, compared with 35.) Head-to-head, Zaphod Beeblebrox style.

bristolciteh
Grumpy Old Man

Post by bristolciteh »

Love it - I think I've put in a good week as I've gone up in the CYKI overall rankings, only to find out I've gone down in the FISO forum. Great.
And how much does it suck that they've dropped the league prizes this year?

Mintman
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: I've won stuff...

Post by Mintman »

bristolciteh wrote:Love it - I think I've put in a good week as I've gone up in the CYKI overall rankings, only to find out I've gone down in the FISO forum. Great.
And how much does it suck that they've dropped the league prizes this year?
Tell me about it!! Got off to my best start ever in any fantasy footy comp, and the prizes for this season have practically disappeared!! :cry: Oh and sorry Bristol, its partly my fault that you have dropped down in the FISO league. Well actually you could blame G Johnson and D Kuyt!!! :)

Jonathan
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: ^ That's my dad! ^ KGC Captain's Drive-in 2015 Champ
FS Record: OFL Champions League Sprint finalist 10/11

Post by Jonathan »

I think that with approaching 2 million managers in the FPL game, prizes are definitely a side issue for that game. However, CYKI had a nice little prize structure going, and so it always puzzled me that it was FPL that grew into the monster and not CYKI.

I won £50 last year in this, and was very pleased to do so, but it was just a bonus rather than the reason I played.

fil16
FISOhead

Post by fil16 »

Really surprised this game hasn't grown at all. I don't know how many people there were at this point last year, but only 17,000 managers is a pretty poor showing for a game, which I think is better than FPL (mostly due to no random bonus points being given). There was nearly 50,000 managers at the end of last season.

DixieDean
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: 2 Top 100 finishes in TFFO; £270 in CYKI since 2008

Post by DixieDean »

Yep... a real shame.

I'm playing TFF, FPL, YTM, The Mail/Metro and TFFO this season and this was the only site that did 'what it said on the tin'. It just worked as it did last year.

OK... the lower entry may have helped but this is the same software that runs the FPL game and that just fell over at the slightest hint of high bandwidth. CYKI or FPL did not do this last season.

CYKI is a real waste of a great format. It's miles better than FPL because the guys that write the software take out the randomness that they seem obliged to include in FPL.

Combine a bit of substantial investment in prize money/promotion with a basic format and you have yourself a fantastic little FF game. And there's not many of 'em left to be honest.

RomynPG
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL 134 overall 06/07 ... never close since

Post by RomynPG »

It's the same guys/girls that do the code for both (I believe) and it is a shame that CYKI seems to be lacking in sign-ups :(

It was the first game I ever played and it has a place in my heart as the one that first help me channel my OCD :D

DixieDean
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by DixieDean »

Have you entered a team this year Romyn?

I hope you have mate.

When you get very successful veteran FF players like Andy Luckhurst bigging this game up then I reckon others should do the same in the best way they can.

I'd hate to see this little gem fall by the wayside to be honest. Which is why I'm still playing it without the hope of some prizemoney.

Cheers

Rich

Jonathan
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: ^ That's my dad! ^ KGC Captain's Drive-in 2015 Champ
FS Record: OFL Champions League Sprint finalist 10/11

Post by Jonathan »

DixieDean wrote:Which is why I'm still playing it without the hope of some prizemoney.
What's different this year to others then, Rich? :wink:

DixieDean
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by DixieDean »

Jonathan wrote:
DixieDean wrote:Which is why I'm still playing it without the hope of some prizemoney.
What's different this year to others then, Rich? :wink:
Not as good a start as I had last year... 1,121st as of yesterday. But I suppose the monthlies, which I won a few quid on last season, might be up for grabs. The thing is you have to come 1st overall each month to get some cash. iirc... I got £50 cash last season for making 14th. :lol:

bristolciteh
Grumpy Old Man

Post by bristolciteh »

I've had a better start - I'm 31st at the moment. But agree that there isn't much chance of winning any money this year. Last year I won £50 for finishing in the Top 5 of the FISO league one month (think it was September or October). You need to be top for the month to win a monthly, and the prizes for overall are much worse than the 5k haul for last year, which is a real shame.

I'm only playing a few this year after tiring of TFF (mostly because my work SL has gone to FPL), so FPL, Cancer Research FF, CYKI.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Can You Kick It (CYKI)”