To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

CYKI FISO League 2008/9

A forum for discussion on Can You Kick It's (CYKI) Fantasy Football game
DixieDean
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: 2 Top 100 finishes in TFFO; £270 in CYKI since 2008

Re: CYKI FISO League 2008/9

Post by DixieDean »

I thought I was up to date but I wasn't...

All cool now methinks.

As an added request... There really is no need to PM back to me that you've got the code. Pleased as I am that you are in receipt of my enlightening message, it does tend to confuse things when I haven't read my messages for a few days. I know you got it coz I sent it!!!

You see... I'm also setting up an unrelated (to CYKI) side comp that entails many PMs too so your message of thanks can actually get in the way... so to speak. :wink:

Thanks anyway

Rich

Sweets
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Sweets »

Can I have a code please?

dickwood
Kevin and Perry

Post by dickwood »

can i have the code please

doofyman
FISOhead

Post by doofyman »

hi have entered my team and having my first go at CYKI this year.
just wondering is it ok for me to join you in your mini league?
can you PM me the code thanks
garry

yacuncha
Cheetah

Post by yacuncha »

can i have the code please dude?

flyingkillercob
Dumbledore
FS Record: murf’s African Nations Cup 2012 Winner. FISO Goals 15/16 & 17/18 Winner.

Post by flyingkillercob »

DixieDean wrote:
ltomas wrote:can I have the code for the league please :roll:
Why the :roll: ?
ltomas wrote:can I have the code for the league please :D
Not sure whether you were holding back the code from this guy due to his somewhat strange choice of smiley, but in light of his editing of his post, could you send it to him if you haven't already? He has PM'd me his team details.

DixieDean
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by DixieDean »

flyingkillercob wrote:
DixieDean wrote:
ltomas wrote:can I have the code for the league please :roll:
Why the :roll: ?
ltomas wrote:can I have the code for the league please :D
Not sure whether you were holding back the code from this guy due to his somewhat strange choice of smiley, but in light of his editing of his post, could you send it to him if you haven't already? He has PM'd me his team details.
Sorry... I missed that one.

I have a few more to send today so will do it all in one go.

Rich

C.Sativa
Grumpy Old Man

Post by C.Sativa »

I was just wondering why all this security things to join a mini league, why not just post the league details on this thread.I'm not just talking about this game, but this looks like a new trend in FISO with mini leagues this season.
When I joined FISO, all the mini leagues was open to anybody apart from some games which the league average was calculated from the whole league.
I even don't bother clicking some of the threads anymore because it's gonna be like someone saying he's asking to join the league or saying they are pending. :)

foreverengland
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 1st Fantasy Race to Dubai 2013, 3rd OFL 2012/13, 1st Yorkshire Post Golf 2010, 1st NGC Summer Golf 2010, 1st Mercedes-Benz World Cup 2010, 1st OFL Champs Lge 09/10.

Post by foreverengland »

Can you PM the code over to me too?

Ta.

Chrisharry12345
Dumbledore

Post by Chrisharry12345 »

im in, same as before :)

chrisharry12345

Jonathan
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: ^ That's my dad! ^ KGC Captain's Drive-in 2015 Champ
FS Record: OFL Champions League Sprint finalist 10/11

Post by Jonathan »

C.Sativa wrote:I was just wondering why all this security things to join a mini league, why not just post the league details on this thread.I'm not just talking about this game, but this looks like a new trend in FISO with mini leagues this season.
When I joined FISO, all the mini leagues was open to anybody apart from some games which the league average was calculated from the whole league.
I even don't bother clicking some of the threads anymore because it's gonna be like someone saying he's asking to join the league or saying they are pending. :)
I have never seen the point of joining a specific league, such as a sports forum, if you are not a member of, and therefore contribute to that forum. If the top 20 are people you just don' know - it makes the whole thing a bit hollow IMHO.

Jonathan
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: ^ That's my dad! ^ KGC Captain's Drive-in 2015 Champ
FS Record: OFL Champions League Sprint finalist 10/11

Post by Jonathan »

hmmm... post disappeared, but I will respond as I was going to anyway.

It has been discussed a good amount over at FPL, but maybe Top 20 was an over-exaggeration!

For the FPL FISO league, all that has been asked is for the person to at least make themselves known as a member of FISO - nothing more is required. I may be a little more sensitive to these unknowns because I run a cup comp for FPL where everyone entered into the FISO league takes part. It became clear then that a good few non-FISO members join the league, and I really don't see the point of that.

Wino
Wideboy

Post by Wino »

could I have the code as well please

DixieDean
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by DixieDean »

Hi all.

Anyone that posts on this thread or PMs me - which I prefer to a post anyway - will get the code as long as it's before 11.30AM tomorrow.
I'm busy setting my own teams up in various other comps etc. so I may not give you the code straight away but rest assured you will get in the league and your score will count from GW1.

Anyone posting or PMing after that will be too late.

Cheers

Rich

MERLIN
Wideboy
FS Record: Not bad but barren last few years

Post by MERLIN »

Why are more and more League codes getting secretive this site is losing the plot!
Sub forums and even more secret forums ,bloody freemasons me thinks.
Anyway code please?? if available
Grumpy old bloke .com

DixieDean
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by DixieDean »

MERLIN wrote:Why are more and more League codes getting secretive this site is losing the plot!
Sub forums and even more secret forums ,bloody freemasons me thinks.
Anyway code please?? if available
Grumpy old bloke .com
The reason being is that the idea is to at least get genuine FISOers to join the league... there is money/prizes involved here. If I just gave out the code anyone could google it and join and so potentially run off with some cash etc.

Judging by your other posts recently you seem to have a problem with this general idea. I'd say to you, why bother joining in if you find it disagreeable to your own agenda...?

There's plenty of other leagues out there to join.

Vid
Head Moderator
FS Record: winning is a distant memory

Post by Vid »

DixieDean wrote:
Judging by your other posts recently you seem to have a problem with this general idea. I'd say to you, why bother joining in if you find it disagreeable to your own agenda...?

There's plenty of other leagues out there to join.
Not sure where you're going with this or where these "recent posts" are that you're referring to, I can't find any that warrant such a response.

CraigBWFC
Kevin and Perry

Post by CraigBWFC »

I would like the code please

thx

sligorover
Grumpy Old Man

Post by sligorover »

Hi Dixie !

Can i have the code please 8-)

DixieDean
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by DixieDean »

Right... that's it guys. I'll send out the code to everyone that's left after the Arsenal game kicks-off.

Also... Please don't PM me any more!!! :wink: :lol: :wink:

MERLIN
Wideboy
FS Record: Not bad but barren last few years

Post by MERLIN »

Certainly disappointed you can't have an opinion on the way the site is constructed without being banished from games.
I have been a been a member more or less from the sites inception but do not like the way it has developed (that is solely my opinion) the site was meant to be informative and let members play and gain information and advise on fantasy games and often the real sport.
If you are now not allowed to express your own point of view either way then where is it going!!

DixieDean
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by DixieDean »

MERLIN wrote:Certainly disappointed you can't have an opinion on the way the site is constructed without being banished from games.
I have been a been a member more or less from the sites inception but do not like the way it has developed (that is solely my opinion) the site was meant to be informative and let members play and gain information and advise on fantasy games and often the real sport.
If you are now not allowed to express your own point of view either way then where is it going!!
I was always going to send you the code but I was just perplexed by your comment - I and many others would rather a long term poster won something than someone that never contributes to this community or isn't even a member.

Anyway...
I'll send the last few PMs out asap.

sligorover
Grumpy Old Man

Post by sligorover »

Got the code, cheers Dixie. I joined after the deadline so am i playing catchup ? Time will tell !

C.Sativa
Grumpy Old Man

Post by C.Sativa »

DixieDean wrote: I was always going to send you the code but I was just perplexed by your comment - I and many others would rather a long term poster won something than someone that never contributes to this community or isn't even a member. .
Very wrong mentality imo.But of course this is a matter of opinion. :)
Firstly every member of this site are equal regardless of their post count.Secondly you are handling this mini league like one of your side games.This one is a general FISO league.It's not up to you to decide who you should send the password.

ps:I also wonder who are the others, what you mean by others.That definetly doesn't include me.

DixieDean
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by DixieDean »

To late to bicker about this now to be honest... :roll:

I'm not running anything... I just happen to be the Admin of the league and I'm giving out the code privately as we agreed to do last season. If you don't like it then you can always join another league - or start your own!!!

When next May comes along maybe then we can discuss whether this was the best to run it. I know I won't be volunteering to set the FISO league up, that's for sure.

C.Sativa
Grumpy Old Man

Post by C.Sativa »

sligorover wrote:Got the code, cheers Dixie. I joined after the deadline so am i playing catchup ? Time will tell !
Don't worry that deadline was for newbies, not for long term posters like you, you are safe. :wink:

C.Sativa
Grumpy Old Man

Post by C.Sativa »

DixieDean wrote: If you don't like it then you can always join another league - or start your own!!!
Even here you are talking like this is your own league. :) .I joined this league because this is the main FISO league.

DixieDean
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by DixieDean »

C.Sativa wrote:
sligorover wrote:Got the code, cheers Dixie. I joined after the deadline so am i playing catchup ? Time will tell !
Don't worry that deadline was for newbies, not for long term posters like you, you are safe. :wink:
Ignore C.Sativa he's talking rubbish. :roll:

Everyone who asked for the code before the deadline has now been sent the code and no-one will be playing catch up. all you have to do is enter the league this weekend.

sorbiegunner
Grumpy Old Man

Post by sorbiegunner »

DixieDean wrote:
C.Sativa wrote:
Ignore C.Sativa he's talking rubbish. :roll:

Everyone who asked for the code before the deadline has now been sent the code and no-one will be playing catch up. all you have to do is enter the league this weekend.
Why is there a deadline for people receiving the code?

DixieDean
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by DixieDean »

Because the deadline was 11.30 am today. It's in the first post so everyone has had plenty of warning. This thread started a month ago.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Can You Kick It (CYKI)”