To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

CYKI FISO League 2008/9

A forum for discussion on Can You Kick It's (CYKI) Fantasy Football game
Spencer4
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: 2008/9 FPL 172nd, 2007/8 TFF 6th, Vid's Predictions winner 2014/5, Fiso TFF Hot shots champ 2015/6, murfs Egg chasers winner 2017 & 2024, winner PB's last man standing golf comp 2018, 2024 Fisodas champion

Re: CYKI FISO League 2008/9

Post by Spencer4 »

Shaggy365 wrote:
DixieDean wrote:It doesn't matter how long someone has been a member of FISO... Which was my point all along. It's just not fair to the people in contention that joined when politely asked.

I guarantee that this will now drag on throughout the season. People will join late when they see the opportunity each month. Mark my words.
This is why I do so cr*p at all these competitions. Never any chance of winning. Never bother the leaders. Happy to come mid-table in the FISO league, whatever competition it is. I could enter the league any week of the season and not even cause a ripple.

Yours,
A mid-table lurker.
Which is why the Fiso Posters League was set up, a league without the Johnny-come-latelys :wink:

DixieDean
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: 2 Top 100 finishes in TFFO; £270 in CYKI since 2008

Post by DixieDean »

Spencer4 wrote:
Shaggy365 wrote:
DixieDean wrote:It doesn't matter how long someone has been a member of FISO... Which was my point all along. It's just not fair to the people in contention that joined when politely asked.

I guarantee that this will now drag on throughout the season. People will join late when they see the opportunity each month. Mark my words.
This is why I do so cr*p at all these competitions. Never any chance of winning. Never bother the leaders. Happy to come mid-table in the FISO league, whatever competition it is. I could enter the league any week of the season and not even cause a ripple.

Yours,
A mid-table lurker.
Which is why the Fiso Posters League was set up, a league without the Johnny-come-latelys :wink:
Who are also 11th and in contention... And who I top BTW... :lol: :wink:

Spencer4
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: 2008/9 FPL 172nd, 2007/8 TFF 6th, Vid's Predictions winner 2014/5, Fiso TFF Hot shots champ 2015/6, murfs Egg chasers winner 2017 & 2024, winner PB's last man standing golf comp 2018, 2024 Fisodas champion

Post by Spencer4 »

Wonder if AV would like to join. :idea: :mrgreen:

DixieDean
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by DixieDean »

Spencer4 wrote:Wonder if AV would like to join. :idea: :mrgreen:
How did I know that would be your next post on this thread!!! Almost word for word... :wink: :lol:

DixieDean
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by DixieDean »

To bring this back to the point... something needs to be agreed within the next 36-48 hours or so...

I presume it's either Vid or sorbiegunner that is the admin of this league?

Art Vandelay
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: not bad

Post by Art Vandelay »

DixieDean wrote:I really don't know the best way to word this and I knew it would be an issue... I'm just surprised it has happened so quickly.

Art Vandelay... I've just noticed that you are due to be added to the league at the next update - the last GW of September - which will put you top for September and 4th overall in the FISO league.

Seeing as FISO look odds on to win League of the Month for September, would you consider delaying your entry for one more GW?

I ask this because of the debate that raged about the fairness of entry dates that you seem to have missed by not reading the whole thread. Granted, I have a vested interest in this because I'm in the frame for a prize and will be hugely hacked off if I miss out but I think it would indeed be fair for you to do this.

You have a great score anyway so its guaranteed that you will be up there either next month or in the future.

The current top 5 or even 10 have been in since the beginning and have - I'm sure - enjoyed seeing their team do so well that they may get a prize very early in the season. For that to be taken away will be hugely disappointing.

Apologies for re-opening this can of worms but it has to be said in my book. This is only my opinion so if the other FISOers that are in contention want to comment or even the League Admin - who can either allow or block entry - wants to comment then it would be good to hear what you all have to say.

Cheers

Rich :( :?
Sure, no problem. I've left and will rejoin next month.

I know there's some dispute or something but I didn't really know what was going on and to be honest it seemed too dull to bother reading all the threads ;) I normally join all the fiso mini-leagues at the start but had more or less forgotten I'd entered this so just looked for a mini-league a few days ago, saw a code, and stuck it in.

DixieDean
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by DixieDean »

Cheers Art

That's very kind of you... and good luck for the rest of the season :D

Rich

Conqueror Worm
Red & Blue Braces
FS Record: Virgin Media 2009 winner - 3rd place Ladbrokes Euro 2008 - 5th Ladbrokes 2009 2nd Metro 2009

Post by Conqueror Worm »

Is it possible I could join at the start of the next month?

Don't want to crash in now and enter halfway through a month, wouldn't be fair to other players, although I can tell you i've had a fairly average month so wouldn't be anywhere near the top5..

However, am 1000 odd overall, and am hoping for at least one decent month this season at some stage..

Is there someone I need to Pm about this?
Cheers
Ben

DixieDean
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by DixieDean »

Conqueror Worm wrote:Is it possible I could join at the start of the next month?

Don't want to crash in now and enter halfway through a month, wouldn't be fair to other players, although I can tell you i've had a fairly average month so wouldn't be anywhere near the top5..

However, am 1000 odd overall, and am hoping for at least one decent month this season at some stage..

Is there someone I need to Pm about this?
Cheers
Ben

Hi mate... Here's the login fella... good luck for the season...

league name: FISO Forum

code 12442-51

Cheers

Rich

bristolciteh
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Somewhat absymal.

Post by bristolciteh »

Wow, I've just checked out the prizes for CYKI as I had got bored gibbering on the FPL board, and it appears that I'm the top manager this month in FISO League, which is the top league, and 10th overall for September - am I correct in assuming if I can stick in the top ten until the end of tomorrow (I'm currently on 164, the leader for Sept is on 169) I'm in the line for some Amazon vouchers or something?

I have Bent and Kirkland left to play... squeaky-bum time!

Mick MacPaddywack
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Wolf in Sheeps clothing

Post by Mick MacPaddywack »

Might be on the wrong thread here, but I'm interested in joining if poss ... been active since week 1.
Could you send me the activation code to join, please?

bristolciteh
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Somewhat absymal.

Post by bristolciteh »

Erm... it'd be 2-3 posts up wouldn't it?

nickchild
FISOhead
FS Record: 180th Overall FPL and X-League Winner 2008/09

Post by nickchild »

i started GW1 but never got round to joining the league. had a decent start and wanted to see how im faring.

109th overall with 339 points puts me 13th :shock:

gooberman
Dumbledore
FS Record: 343rd in FPL 07-08

Post by gooberman »

I've just joined the league too and I'm on 345pts which puts me 6th.

waiheke
Treebeard

Post by waiheke »

just joined the league, hope that's ok, team waiheke boyz

Lucky7s
Dumbledore

Post by Lucky7s »

Just checked my score and I got a very nice 93 points this week, but well done to Mrs 'Knotty' who managed > 100.
Also noted my position as 38th overall :shock: but still only 10th in the FISO league. :lol: 8-)

sorbiegunner
Grumpy Old Man

Post by sorbiegunner »

I've just suspended a team from the league because it seemed to me that they were trying to muscle in (100%LFc_Sadz (sayed ahmed)) I think it was just entered into our league this week.
If anyone can show this team having been in our league earlier than the beginning of the month then let me know.

Lucky7s
Dumbledore

Post by Lucky7s »

FISO league looking good for November, but I've noticed a team currently 2nd in the November monthly table for the FL:
Yasin Erdogan — Adakent FC

I don't recognise the name at all, but apologies if it is a genuine FISOer.

DixieDean
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by DixieDean »

He/she isn't... so that's two teams now getting in from an open league code :wink:

Oh my word... :lol:

sorbiegunner
Grumpy Old Man

Post by sorbiegunner »

DixieDean wrote:He/she isn't... so that's two teams now getting in from an open league code :wink:

Oh my word... :lol:
And that's funny....?
Why exactly is that funny?

DixieDean
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by DixieDean »

...because I saw a small amount of irony in the situation because of the 'disussions' we've had about this, plus I have a small chance of the top 5 if I get a Liverpool clean sheet tomorrow night which made it ironically funny (to me) too. Plus Arsenal won today against Chelsea so I was in a good mood... chill out sorbie!!! :wink:

GM
Grumpy Old Man

Post by GM »

Would it be possible to join the league after this game month, only started CYKI this month after seeing the CYKI FA Cup thread (didn't know the game existed). If it will cause too much bother its not a problem.

Graham

GM
Grumpy Old Man

Post by GM »

Thanks for the reply to my PM sorbiegunner, I have applied

Team - Chat's Noir

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Can You Kick It (CYKI)”