To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Euro 2020 in 2021 MINI League. CLOSED NO NEW ENTRANTS

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by The Sun newspaper.
plevna1963
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: John Morrison Elite League 14/15 22nd 15/16 8th Europa League 15/16 8th Sundreamteam 2015/16 Weekly Winner Top 100 / Fiso Euro 2016 (Fra) 2nd. Xmas League (2) 2016/2017
John Morrison Elite League March Monthly Winner 2016/17

Re: Euro 2020 in 2021 MINI League. CLOSED NO NEW ENTRANTS

Post by plevna1963 »

Put me down for 2 mate😉

tootie69
Red & Blue Braces

Post by tootie69 »

Hope my odds for winning potential raffle are better than my odds for winning the mini league.🤞🤣🤣

sandhu40
Treebeard

Post by sandhu40 »

I can honestly say I wouldn't be taking 1st prize in this situation.

Chris I don't know why you're in such a panic to pay. DT might realise this literally affects thousands of leagues and they might change the points or make some other ruling or comment. Sounds like what 2nd place said was reasonable to me.

cclem345
Grumpy Old Man

Post by cclem345 »

No raffle all prizes have been paid.

Well 1st prize is more than welcome to give his prize money to 2nd. That avenue is open. Even if the Sun do not fix ratings he can do that.

I wanted this sorted for reasons I have given above. I also asked for updates from 2nd place on about 2-3 occasions on how they went about contacting DT, had they called them and spoken to someone and had there been any indication or update to which I recievied not even a courtesy email back. Nothing.

DT have posted about 10 times on twitter over the last 2 days and they haven't replied to a single comment or acknowledge there's a problem. They have even responded over their new season game but nothing about Euros.

Clearly my chairman skills are lacking so having taken that advice onboard it is with regret that I will be hanging up my PayPal account today.

I will however be a willing participant in future competitions and I hope to see those , who would do things differently, setting up a few leagues.

Again I will say thanks to all who have taken part in any compeition i have run and good luck in the future.

mad dog
Dumbledog
FS Record: Sky Winner 16/17

Post by mad dog »

Spoke to the boss. They are chasing up WhoScored today. They haven’t paid out last season yet as still looking into jpk who’s potentially been fiddling the reverse transfers. Can understand your frustrations Chris. Hopefully if they sort first can pay second if it changes

robot
Dumbledore
FS Record: Winner tff world 2018 knockout 2nd TFF Euro 2012 Group Stage,tff weekly winner 13/14wk25, 14/15wk7&19,16/17wk2,,Winner tff champions league two foot challenge, winner sun Elite league 15/16,winner tff 17/18 chairmen league, week32 weekender joint 1st.

Post by robot »

Didn't really look at the detail sunday night, just saw first after the depression of the game ending, so annoying for me as well.

Being a chairmen is a pain when things like this happen.

You've done a fine job chris getting these leagues filled up and would be good if you had a change of heart.

Once a decision is made I can sort any transfer with graham,
graham can you give chris your details so he can at least give you the 2nd place money in the mean time? Or chris give me the whole lot and I'll then send to graham?

Can understand it all going to pot in extra time, i'm sure no one wanted to be "working" but would of thought they could of sorted it on Monday.

superiorpinkham
Grumpy Old Man

Post by superiorpinkham »

Yeah no worries Andrew, I think we're all pretty decent on here so not worried once confirmed either way, cheers.

Chris, I think you've got a little too stressed about this, it's as if you're the one that's been wronged. I don't think I've said anything out of turn, or thrown my toys out the pram etc. But you made this an issue by panicking about holding some money for a bit longer than expected. I merely pointed out the obvious error and asked for you to be a bit patient in paying out, and I'm sorry if you found this stressful.

Chris, I think it all got a bit much for you. When you read the thread back I hope you recognise you have a bit of a blip. Bit of advice, calm down.

Crapper91
Kevin and Perry

Post by Crapper91 »

Piss poor this from DTeam,we had this situation on last day of normal season,points didn't update till a few days later,people using excess transfers in Euro comp,now this.Personally i think these sites are being manipulated,hacked etc.
So any news on final placings in normal season.

Clem,has 2nd place answered any of your emails/messages yet?.
Seems strange dont you think.

cclem345
Grumpy Old Man

Post by cclem345 »

Andrew thanks very much for offering a resolution to Graham.

Superior. Firstly stop with your insulting remarks. "It all got too much for me etc". It's condescending and it's frankly rude.

Secondly, you asked me to wait for a day while you spoke to them. That's what I did. I made an effort to contact you. I asked you had you phoned DT. I asked you had you actually spoken to someone and what update they had given you. You didn't have the decency to send me a reply saying look Chris this is what they have advised me. Common decency. Had you done that maybe I would have waiting another day or two.

Andrew being the decent chap he is, has given you an option that if sometime down the line Dream Team do change things (it's been 3 days now and they haven't seemingly given any update nor responded to my messages) you will receive what you are rightfully owed.

Despite you getting assurances from him, and instead of saying, that's dead on Andrew and leave it at that you feel the need to have a pop at me. In my opinion unnecessary, hence my reaction.

I don't claim to be the best Chairman nor claim to be anything. I don't see all these other chairmen and what they are doing. From what I see on this page there were no other Sun compeitions to compare it to and see what others were doing. You may have other leagues unconnected to this but I don't.

I try my best on this site despite having a very busy schedule, a baby on the way and the joy of building ikea furniture over the last few days while checking for updates. To which there were none. I had to draw the line somewhere.

Hopefully everything sorts itself out. I have empathised with you and I have said I understand your feelings. You are in contact with Andrew now and in my opinion that should be more or less the end of the matter.

superiorpinkham
Grumpy Old Man

Post by superiorpinkham »

As I said, calm down. The pressure got to you it's fine, just have a chill. Good luck with your Ikea furniture, and the baby... just don't set yourself deadlines, it'll be more relaxing for you :D

cclem345
Grumpy Old Man

Post by cclem345 »

Someone have a word with him before I get banned of the site for saying something i won't regret.

robot
Dumbledore
FS Record: Winner tff world 2018 knockout 2nd TFF Euro 2012 Group Stage,tff weekly winner 13/14wk25, 14/15wk7&19,16/17wk2,,Winner tff champions league two foot challenge, winner sun Elite league 15/16,winner tff 17/18 chairmen league, week32 weekender joint 1st.

Post by robot »

Time to move on.

We have agreed via pm to split the difference and have an equal first prize regardless of what the sun do.

I'll send the difference over to Graham

CBN
Dumbledore
FS Record: Three top ten seasonal finishes in the last five years; three Weekender wins; and three times Big Balls champion!

Post by CBN »

Glad it’s all sorted, we’re all decent sorts on here.

I should be excited about the new season game but how can I be when they have issues like this and more importantly the seemingly ongoing flaws in their tech that allow people to get extra transfers :(

Ex-Pro-Gaffer
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 17th Overall SDT 19/20
Winner King Of The Weekender Fiso League 16/17 + 18/19 + 19/20
Winner Xmas Fiso League 16/17
Winner Budget Up 16/17
2nd Fiso Euro Comp 16/17

Post by Ex-Pro-Gaffer »

CBN wrote: 14 Jul 2021, 15:38 Glad it’s all sorted, we’re all decent sorts on here.

I should be excited about the new season game but how can I be when they have issues like this and more importantly the seemingly ongoing flaws in their tech that allow people to get extra transfers :(
Agreed, couldn’t have put it better myself, I’m not personally a big fan of other formats but I may be spending a little more time on them this season…👍

Democracy Manifest
Kevin and Perry

Post by Democracy Manifest »

mad dog wrote: 14 Jul 2021, 10:08 Spoke to the boss. They are chasing up WhoScored today. They haven’t paid out last season yet as still looking into jpk who’s potentially been fiddling the reverse transfers. Can understand your frustrations Chris. Hopefully if they sort first can pay second if it changes
When you look at the transfers he’s made on ffstuff’s site it looks like he’s made several incredible moves that go against conventional thinking. Like the time he brought in Luke Shaw for his 17 pointer away to Man City in March.

Surely something fishy’s going on here? Either that, or he’s actually RickyRosa in disguise…

aurora
FISOhead

Post by aurora »

that's new news to me, this transfer loophole was going on all of the last season? wonder how many were involved in this

Biddles32
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2020/21 national finishing positions:

Sun dreamteam - 17th

SKy sports - 865th

TFF - 46th

Fanteam - 489th

Fanteam euros - TBC

Sun dream team euros - probable winner 😬

Post by Biddles32 »

Well I came 17th and pretty much didn’t put a foot wrong all season bar the first month . So maybe I’d have finished top if I’d cheated…. 🤔 To be fair LFC played a good game all season and I don’t think he would of cheated.

lfc71
Grumpy Old Man
Location: Usually top of my works/pub lges(50/60 entries)most seasons.
FS Record: Winner of my works & pub leagues (50/60 entries) most seasons (since 1993) - 13th place overall in SDT World cup 2014...10th place overall in SDT seasonal 20/21...1st place in SDT liverpool fan lge 20/21 season (over 80,000 entrants)

Post by lfc71 »

Nah mate,i deffo didn't cheat,played the game fair n square ....just had a bit of bad luck towards the end which maybe stopped me taking the 1st prize pot🙄🙈.

thekaratekid
Kevin and Perry

Post by thekaratekid »

The last few pages of this thread have been a comedy show. No wonder ex pro gaffer was annoyed. It was quite clear that a mistake had been made and would likely be fixed. They still haven't paid out the main game yet. Theres no reason to panic and insist on paying out for no good reason.

It was really bizarre. Seems like the non existent pressure did somehow get to cclem. :0)

Its great that he organised this but you really can't put people in charge of stuff who can't think.

No offence mate but this was ridiculous. The decency of robot got you out of a hole that you dug yourself for no reason.

cclem345
Grumpy Old Man

Post by cclem345 »

thekaratekid wrote: 15 Jul 2021, 15:20 The last few pages of this thread have been a comedy show. No wonder ex pro gaffer was annoyed. It was quite clear that a mistake had been made and would likely be fixed. They still haven't paid out the main game yet. Theres no reason to panic and insist on paying out for no good reason.

It was really bizarre. Seems like the non existent pressure did somehow get to cclem. :0)

Its great that he organised this but you really can't put people in charge of stuff who can't think.

No offence mate but this was ridiculous. The decency of robot got you out of a hole that you dug yourself for no reason.
Thanks for your input on something that didn't concern you.

It seems the mistake hasn't been fixed as yet. How likely is it to be fixed now the data seems to have been wiped from the app?

"You can't put people in charge of stuff who can't think". Nobody put me in charge. I organised it. And if it wasn't for me organising things on this site there wouldn't have even been a competition. The site has died a death over the years. It's no surprise really.

There's also been very few mini leagues lately (not big balls) that had prize money of nearly £1500 and euros of nearly £900. Not bad for someone who cant think.

My crime? Paying out a mini league 2 days after the compeition had ended after not receiving any updates or correspondence from those concerned. Could I have waited another few days yes. Should I have? Probably. But when people don't reply I thought eff it.

Does that mean I should be personally insulted for it? I would say no but it seems the forum would say yes.

I actually think less would have been said had I took the money and run.

lfc71
Grumpy Old Man
Location: Usually top of my works/pub lges(50/60 entries)most seasons.
FS Record: Winner of my works & pub leagues (50/60 entries) most seasons (since 1993) - 13th place overall in SDT World cup 2014...10th place overall in SDT seasonal 20/21...1st place in SDT liverpool fan lge 20/21 season (over 80,000 entrants)

Post by lfc71 »

cclem345 wrote: 15 Jul 2021, 17:07
thekaratekid wrote: 15 Jul 2021, 15:20 The last few pages of this thread have been a comedy show. No wonder ex pro gaffer was annoyed. It was quite clear that a mistake had been made and would likely be fixed. They still haven't paid out the main game yet. Theres no reason to panic and insist on paying out for no good reason.

The site has died a death over the years. It's no surprise really.

Thats because (before your time) it became full of tossers who formed a clique,meaning people who came on the forum to discuss players,strategy,rmt & just generally wanted helpful advice (which is what the forum was origiinally about) became subject to ridicule & were slated by the clique which in turn scared the casuals off posting.

Fortunately the said clique & the people in it don't (or very rarely) post on here anymore,& good ridance,but the damage was done & the site has never recovered...a shame imo.😢

JoeK
Kevin and Perry

Euro 2020 in 2021 MINI League. CLOSED NO NEW ENTRANTS

Post by JoeK »

I suppose these forums are a bit old hat now, most parties have moved to Twitter

mad dog
Dumbledog
FS Record: Sky Winner 16/17

Post by mad dog »

Twitter is the place now it seems. Especially if you play fpl. Name yourself after an animal or household item and away you go

cclem345
Grumpy Old Man

Post by cclem345 »

So after a long stewards enquiry and having investigated all clear and obvious errors officials have declared that the:

RESULT STANDS.

For the records of FISO (I don't know if there's some kind of history book of mini league winners etc) I would like to congratulate Robot on his win 🏆. Well deserved for more than one reason.

Close but no cigar in 2nd place SuperiorPinkham. Can certainly feel aggrieved not having claimed top prize but will learn not to have such strong or blind faith in the officiating and to respect the final decision of the referee. Will no doubt bounce back. Sorry for any ill feelings Graham. It was never my intention.

Third place was R Giullari with arguably the nicest sounding name in the competition and a clear flair for picking a decent team.

Again thanks everyone for taking part. I think this compeition has definitely shown a lot of people not to rely on Sun HQ fixing things. If they are silent over it you can bet your money it's not getting fixed.

Enjoy your summer lads. An IKEA flat pack is calling me.
Last edited by cclem345 on 16 Jul 2021, 15:23, edited 1 time in total.

tootie69
Red & Blue Braces

Post by tootie69 »

cclem345 wrote: 16 Jul 2021, 15:12 So after a long stewards enquiry and having investigated all clear and obvious errors officials have declared that the:

RESULT STANDS.

For the records of FISO (I don't know if there's some kind of history book of mini league winners etc) I would like to congratulate Robot on his win 🏆. Well deserved for more than one reason.

Close but no cigar in 2nd place SuperiorPinkham. Can certainly feel aggrieved not having claimed top prize but will learn not to have such strong or blind faith in the officiating and to respect the final decision of the referee. Will no doubt bounce back. Sorry for any ill feelings Graham. It was never my intention.

Third place was R Giullari with arguably the nicest sounding name in the competition and a clear flair for picking a decent team.

Again thanks everyone for taking part. I think this compeition has definitely shown a lot of people not to rely on Sun HQ fixing things. If they are silent over it you can bet you money it's not getting fixed.

Enjoy you summer lads. An IKEA flat pack is calling me.
Thanks for running the league bud.👍enjoy that Swedish vacation or vocation.🤪🤣

robot
Dumbledore

Post by robot »

Yes thanks for running Cclem, I'm going to lock this thread now, some of the comments towards the end have become a bit unsavoury towards Cclem, someone who has stepped forward to run this and other leagues in the past and then has the incompetence of the Sun to deal with at the end.

I can see that the game is no longer there but not aware if any official announcement has been made on the missing points.

For the record to confirm Robot and Superiorpinkam took £385 each for the disputed first place.

admin
FISO Administrator
FS Record: Won TFFO, 2nd/3rd TFF, Won BFF, Won FLGolf

Post by admin »

Just to reiterate my thanks as well to cclem345 for running fiso mini-leagues for our community.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “The Sun Dream Team FF Games”