To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Ratings ?

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by The Sun newspaper.
aurora
FISOhead

Ratings ?

Post by aurora »

is it just me or do the ratings seem quite off, only 1 out 22 players rated in the Man City/Liverpool game and that was 7.14, only 1 non defender rated for Leicester, only 4 players rated in the Everton/United game, Targett an assist/clean sheet in the Villa game nearing half time and he's the lowest rated Villa defender at 6.37, feels a bit like the old Sun algorithm is back.

cclem345
Grumpy Old Man

Re: Ratings ?

Post by cclem345 »

Dont think it counts as an assist if it's an own goal.

aurora
FISOhead

Post by aurora »

it does, he's been given the 2 points for it.

cclem345
Grumpy Old Man

Post by cclem345 »

Sorry I meant on whoscored. If you look he doesnt have an assist beside his name and that's where the sun get their ratings from.

aurora
FISOhead

Post by aurora »

Just been reading their rules, they record assists based upon OPTA's stats, OPTA gave him the assist, whoscored have not, therefore although he gets the 2 points for the assist, the statistical decimalised points an assist would ordinarily give a player has not been factored into his rating, though in general that's by the by, I'm sure ratings have been off lately, how can only 1 player in the City game be given a rating and that was barely above 7, and only 4 in the United game.

aurora
FISOhead

Post by aurora »

Today Guaita was unanimously voted motm but nearly all sources for his super saves and denying Tottenham 3 clear goals however he in dreamteam he only achieved a 6.86 rating!

seems he's been heavily punished for 'an error leading to a goal' which is just bizarre considering a) he made 5 saves and 3 were clear goal denying chances for Spurs and b) it wasn't an error, Kane's shot on goal completely swerved enroute to goal wrong footing the keeper who done well to get a hand on it, it definitely wasn't 'an error that led to a goal', he just failed to save a swerving shot.

Also with assists, I think they need to not follow OPTA for official assists, OPTA only award assists if the assist did not touch any other player, so for example Maddison assisted a goal in Europe that grazed off of a Braga player's fot even though it didn't change the direction or anything, it's strange because a player in this game is awarded a goal even if it fully touches another player as long as it was on target, yet an assist is the complete opposite, it only had skim past a player barely touching him and the assist is taken off.

cclem345
Grumpy Old Man

Post by cclem345 »

Guitas made a clear error for kanes goal. It didnt swerve that much and it went central to the goal. It's an expected save.

aurora
FISOhead

Post by aurora »

when Kane hit the ball it looked liked it was going to Guaita's right so he moved right but the ball swerved left late leaving Guaita wrong footed with no time to readjust his feet/position, it definitely was not his error he was just done by Kane's swerving shot disguise as all keepers would have been done, saw the goal from behind the goal in 0.25 speed and there's just nothing he could have done, but either way given how well he performed in general denying clear goal scoring opportunities a 6.86 rating doesn't do his actual performance justice at all.

cclem345
Grumpy Old Man

Post by cclem345 »

The ball goes in the middle of the net. It doesnt go to the side. It was the keepers fault the ball was struck from distance. It had a slight swerve but wasnt particular hit with venom.

https://youtu.be/RvOHkt_XfXk

Watch that. The ball never really moves from the middle of the net. The keeper may have wrongly judge where the ball would finish. That means he made a mistake.

aurora
FISOhead

Post by aurora »

I've watched it a few times already, good angles on the premier leagues' youtube video, an error leading to goal is when a keeper fouls a player and causes a penalty or misses an easy catch from a cross or shot or something like that, here he moved to the right because it looked liked the ball was going right but swerved enough to wrong foot him otherwise he would have got it if he didn't start to move, it definitely wasn't his error just a shot that tricked him, it's not like he stood still and the ball went straight through him, but as said either way that is way to harsh to push his rating below 7 considering he was indeed man of the match by all accounts.

here's the goal from behind the goal https://youtu.be/MYzolPb8eyA?t=75

just a clever shot that looked like it was going one way which the keeper went but curved the other way enough to offset him

cclem345
Grumpy Old Man

Post by cclem345 »

Difference of opinions. I think it's an error. What's the matter anyway? You dont have Kane and your raging he got starman?

The ratings system always favours certain things. Oliver McBurnie wins a million headers that lead to nothing and gets starman. Traore dribbles past people but doesnt actually produce anything significant gets starman. It's the way it is. If your a keeper and you concede your gonna find it hard to get a rating regardless.

aurora
FISOhead

Post by aurora »

lol no I just don't understand the disparity between whoscored ratings and the general consensus on this one which somehow needs to brought closer together, the guy was clear motm but get's 6.86 just doesn't seem right, not looking forward to the league cup ratings in general

cclem345
Grumpy Old Man

Post by cclem345 »

Aye to be fair thought Guita was excellent after the Kane incident. Gained Palace a point.

I brought Pepe in for the EL about a month ago basically cause I seen on the ratings whatever he does (most games he was nowhere near the best player on the pitch) he gets starman. It was basically a safe 10 points minimum every game and price rises. Need to move him on but thinking he may play this week and then league cup next week so who knows.

hayesag
Dumbledore
FS Record: piss poor

Post by hayesag »

cclem345 wrote: 14 Dec 2020, 21:18 Aye to be fair thought Guita was excellent after the Kane incident. Gained Palace a point.

I brought Pepe in for the EL about a month ago basically cause I seen on the ratings whatever he does (most games he was nowhere near the best player on the pitch) he gets starman. It was basically a safe 10 points minimum every game and price rises. Need to move him on but thinking he may play this week and then league cup next week so who knows.
fair play, hes joint 3rd midfield level with KDB :shock: now when you consider he's playing for a non scoring prem team, you've picked a real diamond in the cow pat there :lol:

cclem345
Grumpy Old Man

Post by cclem345 »

Yeah there wasnt many good midfield options. Only bad thing is he got sent off and missed 3 games. Had he played even a sub role in them may have got me 5-10 more points.

Hes went up about 1-1.2m since I bought him so has worked out. Need rid of him soon though.

tootie69
Red & Blue Braces

Post by tootie69 »

Thought ratings were in accordance with whoscored.com??sterling scores 7.98 against man city yet fernandinho gets Starman points with
7.65??come on SDT get it sorted.🤷🤦

lfc71
Grumpy Old Man
Location: Usually top of my works/pub lges(50/60 entries)most seasons.
FS Record: Winner of my works & pub leagues (50/60 entries) most seasons (since 1993) - 13th place overall in SDT World cup 2014...10th place overall in SDT seasonal 20/21...1st place in SDT liverpool fan lge 20/21 season (over 80,000 entrants)

Post by lfc71 »

Yeah found it a bit strange on dt alerts,both sterling & fernandinho on 7.65,sterling scores the only goal to win the game & they give starman to fernandinho.😳🤔

tootie69
Red & Blue Braces

Post by tootie69 »

lfc71 wrote: 22 Feb 2021, 10:55 Yeah found it a bit strange on dt alerts,both sterling & fernandinho on 7.65,sterling scores the only goal to win the game & they give starman to fernandinho.😳🤔
Even the basic rules can't be followed.🧐🤪😂
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

tootie69
Red & Blue Braces

Post by tootie69 »

tootie69 wrote: 22 Feb 2021, 11:20 Image
lfc71 wrote: 22 Feb 2021, 10:55 Yeah found it a bit strange on dt alerts,both sterling & fernandinho on 7.65,sterling scores the only goal to win the game & they give starman to fernandinho.😳🤔
Even the basic rules can't be followed.🧐🤪😂
Just got this response via live chat,seems it's all whoscored.com's fault.😂😂😂even though following the match report timeline fernandinho's rating is never higher than sterlings.🧐🤪😳😡
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

lfc71
Grumpy Old Man
Location: Usually top of my works/pub lges(50/60 entries)most seasons.
FS Record: Winner of my works & pub leagues (50/60 entries) most seasons (since 1993) - 13th place overall in SDT World cup 2014...10th place overall in SDT seasonal 20/21...1st place in SDT liverpool fan lge 20/21 season (over 80,000 entrants)

Post by lfc71 »

Words fail me :roll:...ah well,no point crying over spilt milk,onwards n upwards💪

tootie69
Red & Blue Braces

Post by tootie69 »

lfc71 wrote: 22 Feb 2021, 14:55 Words fail me :roll:...ah well,no point crying over spilt milk,onwards n upwards💪
Totally agree,be many thousands of managers scratching their heads.😂😂😂

Nightowl
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: fiso cheap as chips champion 17/18

Post by Nightowl »

All to sh1t tonight in the city game ?

tootie69
Red & Blue Braces

Post by tootie69 »

Your not joking,ratings not changed since around 60min or so.absolute joke.🤦👎

Nightowl
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Nightowl »

Ratings didn't change after 1st goal went in onwards 🤷🏻‍♂️🤦‍♂️😂😂👍

Nightowl
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Nightowl »

Think there gradually getting on top of it as mahrez has the star now on their site but wether dream team change its another thing 😂😂😂😂

Lfcni1986
Treebeard
FS Record: 0

Post by Lfcni1986 »

Who do we think will get star man when finally updates?
Jesus or Mahrez?

Biddles32
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2020/21 national finishing positions:

Sun dreamteam - 17th

SKy sports - 865th

TFF - 46th

Fanteam - 489th

Fanteam euros - TBC

Sun dream team euros - probable winner 😬

Post by Biddles32 »

It will stay as Cancelo now what a joke clearly Mahrez and who scored have the star on him even though the rating still says 6.4. 🤷🏼‍♂️ Obviously the sun only look at the ratings though 🙄

Lfcni1986
Treebeard

Post by Lfcni1986 »

But will whscored not eventually fix the ratings? Just interested, me and my mini league rival both have cancelo, I have Mahrez, that's a probable 13 point swing in my favor

cclem345
Grumpy Old Man

Post by cclem345 »

Cancelo could score 2 own goals and get sent off and still manage to get a rating.

You would be raging if you were around the top of the main comp or mini leagues and didn't have Cancelo and it ended up sticking. Its incredibly poor but we know the game is like this at times.

Lfcni1986
Treebeard

Post by Lfcni1986 »

cclem345 wrote: 03 Mar 2021, 09:47 Cancelo could score 2 own goals and get sent off and still manage to get a rating.

You would be raging if you were around the top of the main comp or mini leagues and didn't have Cancelo and it ended up sticking. Its incredibly poor but we know the game is like this at times.
Yes that would have brought me to 85 clear, would have been pretty confident going into final monthes with that lead. I guess with the 15 minute rule though Cancelo will stick now

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “The Sun Dream Team FF Games”