To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Thoughts on timing of transfers

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by The Sun newspaper.
davebmk
Cheetah

Thoughts on timing of transfers

Post by davebmk »

I'm a close 3rd in my league, but 50 points ahead of 4th, so I'd just be interested in any thoughts on how to see out the rest of the domestic season, to be in best shape for the 2 European mini-tournaments in August.

My team is:-

Patricio

TTA
VvD
Maguire

Sterling
Mahrez
Mane
Traore

Salah
Aguero
Aubameyang

The two people above me have bought into Man U, and out of Liverpool ahead of me. I know the Liverpool boys have to go, starting before the F.A. Cup weekend coming up. My two main concerns are Traore and Aubameyang. I bought Aubameyang on a possible bagain price a while ago, before Europa exit, and it's only a possible Arsenal cup run that's tempting me to hang on for now. Traore is obviously a different worry, but just as difficult to decide on. I'm tempted to do nothing this week, give Traore a chance to score points v Hammers in a game where the empty stadium will help Wolves, and hope he's fully fit again. Though they're out of the Cup they don't face any of the top teams in the league; all teams have roughly 10 games in the next 30 days, so there'll be plenty of rotation, and in the short term having league games only should not be a huge disadvantage.

We have 9 transfers if I'm right, with Europa last 16 second legs played on last two days of July, with Champions League second legs to be on first two days of August - transfer month-wise, so that helps.

I'll be thinking of two at least Man U replacing Liverpool as I said, and I'll have to lose Salah, but one I'd never considered for striker is Kane, yet I see he's popular on here. As an individual yes, but Spurs out of Europe, and F.A.Cup, team and Mourinho struggling? Is it just a case of the fixture congestion meaning that Spurs players will end up through June/July playing much the same minutes as everyone else, and Kane is a more likely star man in a team of few stars? He's not cheap either. I've been considering Vardy on those grounds, thinking he and Rodgers will be desperate to clinch that 3rd spot, and £2 mill cheaper if I remember.

Is anyone taking a chance on Pogba for Traore, on basis of report that he did well playing in front of Fernandes in latest trial match, and likely to be used in that forward position tonight? Same price which could look a snip by August. I'm tempted to sit out tonight but would love to hear your thoughts.

tootie69
Red & Blue Braces

Re: Thoughts on timing of transfers

Post by tootie69 »

You should think about rashford and de Bruyne imo.

billybunter
Treebeard

Post by billybunter »

If Salah doesn't start against Everton (talk of possibly not being match fit?) anyone considering taking him out? I can't decide if the midweek game against Palace is a good fixture for him either?

Biddles32
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2020/21 national finishing positions:

Sun dreamteam - 17th

SKy sports - 865th

TFF - 46th

Fanteam - 489th

Fanteam euros - TBC

Sun dream team euros - probable winner 😬

Post by Biddles32 »

If Salah is not in squad it’s gotta be bring Aguero in. Likely to start against Burnley Monday night after Jesus did nothing against Arsenal the other night.

billybunter
Treebeard

Post by billybunter »

Biddles32 wrote: 21 Jun 2020, 00:55 If Salah is not in squad it’s gotta be bring Aguero in. Likely to start against Burnley Monday night after Jesus did nothing against Arsenal the other night.
I've already got Aguero in my front 3 so I'm not sure what I'd do tbh? double up with Jesus or get a city defender maybe, still got 3 transfers (plan was to gradually remove Liverpoolpool assets anyway) Hmmm?

billybunter
Treebeard

Post by billybunter »

Salah to Firimino is tempting, I'll no doubt pick the wrong move whatever 🙄

Biddles32
Grumpy Old Man

Sun dreamteam - 17th

SKy sports - 865th

TFF - 46th

Fanteam - 489th

Fanteam euros - TBC

Post by Biddles32 »

Wouldn’t do Firmino. Not prolific enough.

Biddles32
Grumpy Old Man

Sun dreamteam - 17th

SKy sports - 865th

TFF - 46th

Fanteam - 489th

Fanteam euros - TBC

Post by Biddles32 »

He’ll probably get two or three against Everton now 🤣

billybunter
Treebeard

Post by billybunter »

Biddles32 wrote: 21 Jun 2020, 18:44 He’ll probably get two or three against Everton now 🤣
Haha probably, I just can't call it? I guess they'll play a full strength team against Palace to clinch the title so Frimino will get decent minutes prob, leaning towards keeping Salah and hope he comes on against tired legs tbh

tootie69
Red & Blue Braces

Post by tootie69 »

Is Jesus the general obvious choice for Aguero?already,have rashford and Salah,once Liverpool clinch the title was gona replace Salah with either Kane or vardy.

Duggy83
Treebeard
FS Record: Few wins in mini leagues containing 40 teams

Post by Duggy83 »

tootie69 wrote: 23 Jun 2020, 16:13 Is Jesus the general obvious choice for Aguero?already,have rashford and Salah,once Liverpool clinch the title was gona replace Salah with either Kane or vardy.
Jimenez Son or kane I'd say ... vardy does t seem to be in form.. I'd of fancied vardy to score 1 goal at least against watford and brighton

billybunter
Treebeard

Post by billybunter »

Still 3 transfers for the month, need to replace Aguero, would you rank Rashford before Jiminez/Jesus to replace him with? Current 3 are...

Salah/Aubamayang/Aguero

lfc71
Grumpy Old Man
Location: Usually top of my works/pub lges(50/60 entries)most seasons.
FS Record: Winner of my works & pub leagues (50/60 entries) most seasons (since 1993) - 13th place overall in SDT World cup 2014...10th place overall in SDT seasonal 20/21...1st place in SDT liverpool fan lge 20/21 season (over 80,000 entrants)

Post by lfc71 »

If Wan Bis or Shaw starts today,i'd put 1 in for 1 of yr pool def.
If Rash starts today,put him in for Aguero
If jesus starts tomorrow,maybe put in for Salah.

Puts more focus on yr team looking forwards towards more games in fa cup/europe which pool arn't in anymore & after winning lge there's also the possibility that they (pool) could start resting players now with a focus for being ready for the start of next season,given that the turnarounds going to be quick....unless they decide to go for the prem pts record??

billybunter
Treebeard

Post by billybunter »

lfc71 wrote: 27 Jun 2020, 12:03 If Rash starts today,put him in for Aguero
If jesus starts tomorrow,maybe put in for Salah
I'll be eagerly awaiting United team news today definitely, think I'll go Rash if he starts, I'll probably leave Jiminez for another week despite having a plum fixture today, he never seems to get hauls (famous last words) but is definitely consistent, I can see goals in the City v Liv game so tempted to keep Salah so Jesus in if Rash is benched is a good call, I'll downgrade pool players especially defenders too

billybunter
Treebeard

Post by billybunter »

Anyone done Aguero to Jesus, torn over this move or swap for Kane.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “The Sun Dream Team FF Games”