To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

The Liverpool block + mid(X)+fwd(Y)=perfect

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by The Sun newspaper.
Biddles32
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2020/21 national finishing positions:

Sun dreamteam - 17th

SKy sports - 865th

TFF - 46th

Fanteam - 489th

Fanteam euros - TBC

Sun dream team euros - probable winner 😬

The Liverpool block + mid(X)+fwd(Y)=perfect

Post by Biddles32 »

I've been long banging on about Liverpools defence and how they would come good so thought i'd take the opportunity to now write about it with 5 consecutive clean sheets. 8-)

With the unfortunate circumstance of Alisson getting injured at the start of season i really do think this stalled Liverpool's clean sheet potential right from the off. Personally i think you'd be looking at 4-5 more if that hadn't of happened.

The Liverpool block will really dominate from here in out now and i'll tell you why..... Firstly Chelsea, Spurs, Arsenal and Man utd (1 clean sheet in last 15 :lol: ) have all struggled defensively this season. And this is due to the backlines of all these teams constantly changing. Only now are Spurs starting to keep the same backline (thanks to the special one) although they are not gelling quite yet and looks like Man utd are trying to when Shaw isn't injured. Whereas Liverpool you can guarantee its the same team week in week out bar Gomez. Which leads me onto my first question...

4-3-3 or 3-4-3?????

So Gomez is having a good run but for how much longer? With Lovren and Matip coming back in January potentially, I don't think i'd like to keep Gomez for too long. Although his price is very tempting for the short term and good price rises inevitable. Its 3 at the back for me though.

Which 4 in midfield???

With Mane, De bruyne and Sterling picking themselves the 4th place midfielder could be a number of 5 or 6 players. The pool i'd be looking at are Mahrez, Traore, Alli and Willian (these 4 have been outstanding all season) except Alli who has only just re-emerged under Mourinho.

Which forwards?????

This is the interesting one... With so many strikers performing at the moment with such different price ranges it is really difficult to get that perfect combo. History would say Aguero, Salah and Kane as your best 3 but not this year and its a good job because you wouldn't be able to afford them 3 with a Liverpool block and such a strong midfield. Looking at the fixtures for January you'd probably be wanting league cup players but with the F.A cup commencing too its going to be really tough month maximising striker points potential without going all out and using those precious transfers.

My Liverpool block(s) progress

All my teams were based around the Liverpool backline/goalkeeper bar one or two Man city blocks from the start so its took some time for a lot of my teams to take off. Even now I think I only have one team with a chance of making top 10. With My best team ranked 60,000th 5 weeks back i was a little down about it but i have now recovered well into 1,306th thanks to a strong core of players including the mighty 'Liverpool block' I just need to now hold my nerve and have faith in what i've got in the forward positions and use the transfers smartly. And hopefully reach the top 100 soon.....

Dot
FISO Jedi Knight

Re: The Liverpool block + mid(X)+fwd(Y)=perfect

Post by Dot »

the common denominator is that complete and utter chap LOVREN out of the side.

its no secret the clean sheets have come. Yes you could say he took part in 2 of those games but only for mins before going off injured. Just eff off completely would make my new year.

Biddles32
Grumpy Old Man

Sun dreamteam - 17th

SKy sports - 865th

TFF - 46th

Fanteam - 489th

Fanteam euros - TBC

Post by Biddles32 »

I don’t mind Lovren but I suppose when your playing next to Van Dijk it’s hard to look bad at times. That said my preferred choice would be Matip out of the three. Between the three of them though when they are all fit I just think one will get froze out and then their will be rotation between the other two making it not essential to have 4 Liverpool defenders in your team.

lfc71
Grumpy Old Man
Location: Usually top of my works/pub lges(50/60 entries)most seasons.
FS Record: Winner of my works & pub leagues (50/60 entries) most seasons (since 1993) - 13th place overall in SDT World cup 2014...10th place overall in SDT seasonal 20/21...1st place in SDT liverpool fan lge 20/21 season (over 80,000 entrants)

Post by lfc71 »

Its no coincidence that since Gomez has come back into the team (injuries & out of form hopefully done with) that we have kept continuous cs's.

His place to lose now me thinks,plus the carrot of a euro 2020 place to play for.

cclem345
Grumpy Old Man

Post by cclem345 »

Biddles32 wrote: 31 Dec 2019, 19:32 I don’t mind Lovren but I suppose when your playing next to Van Dijk it’s hard to look bad at times. That said my preferred choice would be Matip out of the three. Between the three of them though when they are all fit I just think one will get froze out and then their will be rotation between the other two making it not essential to have 4 Liverpool defenders in your team.
Most teams on this aren't playing 4 at the back so there was never a need to take a risk with someone who may not be starter.

Gomez/Lovren/Matip all unimportant. If you want a liverpool block spend the extra on VVD and go from there.

Especially when strikers such as Abraham/Jimenez/Rashford are doing well at low prices.

Biddles32
Grumpy Old Man

Sun dreamteam - 17th

SKy sports - 865th

TFF - 46th

Fanteam - 489th

Fanteam euros - TBC

Post by Biddles32 »

Yes Cclem I’ve been reiterating that in this post if you had noticed :D No way I’d pick either of them 3 over Van Dijk or Trent and Roberstson for that matter. Jiminez and Abraham are heavily used in most my teams.

superiorpinkham
Grumpy Old Man

Post by superiorpinkham »

Are you Ricky from Wales in disguise?

Biddles32
Grumpy Old Man

Sun dreamteam - 17th

SKy sports - 865th

TFF - 46th

Fanteam - 489th

Fanteam euros - TBC

Post by Biddles32 »

Do you still believe Gray? I wouldn’t if I was you.

superiorpinkham
Grumpy Old Man

I don't believe :oops:

superiorpinkham
Grumpy Old Man

That eff rugby player is pissing me off. Plus choosing Pereira over Trent eff things up a bit :(

Biddles32
Grumpy Old Man

Sun dreamteam - 17th

SKy sports - 865th

TFF - 46th

Fanteam - 489th

Fanteam euros - TBC

Post by Biddles32 »

:lol: should try the Liverpool block. Maguire for Robertson though :lol:

Zimmerman
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Zimmerman »

Gomez is playing brilliantly at the moment. It’s his position to lose.

Lovren is 4th choice when everyone is fit.

I assume at some point Trent gets a breather and Gomez maybe has to play as RB? But he’s first choice CB for the time being. Matip hasn’t kicked a first team ball in about 11 weeks... he ain’t parachuting in to the first team unless there’s an emergency.

Nightowl
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: fiso cheap as chips champion 17/18

Post by Nightowl »

Is it to late to join the Liverpool block party? I've downgraded kane to vardy and now have the funds available to complete my semi to a full but going from a 3-4-3 to a 4-3-3, it looks a no brainer but would mean not having traore, so mount to Gomez and Patricio to Allison
Current team
Patricio :arrow: Allison
Trent
Vvd
Robertson
Mount :arrow: Gomez
Pepe
Sterling
Mane
Vardy
Salah
Jesus
The other option is Patricio :arrow: schmeichel and mount :arrow: traore staying 3-4-3,only problem with this option as others have said is im currently 3rd in my mini league,close to 2nd but 80pts from 1st but they both have these two, do I just stick with them and hope my other players gain on them or go for it with the full Liverpool block?

Zimmerman
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Zimmerman »

Liverpool have a tough run coming up... yes they could still keep clean sheets, but after 8 in 9 games, surely the law of averages would suggest they are unlikely to keep too many more on the spin? Obviously nothing scientific, just unlikely some can keep 12-13 clean sheets on the spin 🤷‍♂️

Upcoming fixtures (up to the end of Feb):
Spurs a
United h
Wolves a
Fa cup a (possible reserve side)
West Ham a
Saints h
Norwich a
Atletico a
West Ham h
Watford a

Biddles32
Grumpy Old Man

Sun dreamteam - 17th

SKy sports - 865th

TFF - 46th

Fanteam - 489th

Fanteam euros - TBC

Post by Biddles32 »

Nightowl wrote: 08 Jan 2020, 17:23 Is it to late to join the Liverpool block party? I've downgraded kane to vardy and now have the funds available to complete my semi to a full but going from a 3-4-3 to a 4-3-3, it looks a no brainer but would mean not having traore, so mount to Gomez and Patricio to Allison
Current team
Patricio :arrow: Allison
Trent
Vvd
Robertson
Mount :arrow: Gomez
Pepe
Sterling
Mane
Vardy
Salah
Jesus
The other option is Patricio :arrow: schmeichel and mount :arrow: traore staying 3-4-3,only problem with this option as others have said is im currently 3rd in my mini league,close to 2nd but 80pts from 1st but they both have these two, do I just stick with them and hope my other players gain on them or go for it with the full Liverpool block?
I’d Leave Patricio and save your money for now. As Zim says Liverpool got a tough run but in the long run they will keep the most clean sheets from here on in IMHO. I’d be thinking about getting rid of Pepe instead, Mount can probably stay abit longer also and I’d get rid of Jesus. He’s likely to be sub again next weekend as I’m sure Aguero will start. And it’s only a single gameweek for most. Spurs, Wolves and Man Utd all play twice - so some from these teams will play both games.

shakermeister
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Won 3 works games plus Euro and works cup , usually finishing in top 3

Post by shakermeister »

Just saw this team :shock:
How ?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Nightowl
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: fiso cheap as chips champion 17/18

Post by Nightowl »

That's EPG'S team orange juice isn't it ? He's done brilliantly well to build budget,team and pts fair play to him :D

Biddles32
Grumpy Old Man

Sun dreamteam - 17th

SKy sports - 865th

TFF - 46th

Fanteam - 489th

Fanteam euros - TBC

Post by Biddles32 »

Yes I’ve tipped that team for the top weeks back. He’s second team is very good too. Reckon Dot will catch him though with his numerous good teams 🙄😉

shakermeister
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Won 3 works games plus Euro and works cup , usually finishing in top 3

Post by shakermeister »

Yes , second team doesn’t have Gomez .
Incredible how he’s built that Team .
FairPlay :)

BigTeamPlayer
Treebeard

Post by BigTeamPlayer »

shakermeister wrote: 10 Jan 2020, 20:37 Just saw this team :shock:
How ?
That’s a beast team! Wonder how much he’s got lefT ITB with that team?

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “The Sun Dream Team FF Games”