To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

PRICE CHANGES

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by The Sun newspaper.
cclem345
Grumpy Old Man

Re: PRICE CHANGES

Post by cclem345 »

You put in a striker who is about 3rd choice against arguably one of the toughest opponents (turned out not so tough) and left yourself with very little room for manoeuvre.

You may have wanted Mane but to sacrifice a striking position for someone who doesn't even play is mad. A 1m defender I can understand. A striker. No.

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: ?

Post by itslikebrandnew »

cclem345 wrote: 17 Aug 2019, 10:13 Price changes have effected us all.

But as Darwin said being able to adapt to change is more important than anything else.

Those that made transfers before the game week ended won't be winning anything.

So that leaves the rest of us still at a level playing field.

A lot of people talking about swapping x player for y player and all their plans up in smoke. My question would be why you put a player in for one week.

Can guarantee now that the winner overall won't win because of this round of price changes. There's much more to it.
There's some real rubbish being talked here.

The only thing you're right about is prices changes have affected us all, but some people positive and some negative.

What has happened creates a knock on effect that completely changes the course your team takes throughout the season.

cclem345
Grumpy Old Man

Post by cclem345 »

Likewise for your competitors.

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man

But not equally.

cclem345
Grumpy Old Man

Post by cclem345 »

As I said before these price changes won't define who wins the overall prize or mini leagues.

The advantage is to people who locked in transfers before Friday and let's be honest what top player would go down that route without knowing there was some advantage to be had?

Zimmerman
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Zimmerman »

Some people may have had plans.

Not unreasonable for someone to have gone with a side for one week... for someone to sit on their hands content to stick with the initial lineups for. Week or two more (safe in the knowledge they won’t be priced out of a move).

TriXaM
FISOhead

Post by TriXaM »

cclem345 wrote: 17 Aug 2019, 12:31 As I said before these price changes won't define who wins the overall prize or mini leagues.

The advantage is to people who locked in transfers before Friday and let's be honest what top player would go down that route without knowing there was some advantage to be had?
Thought I read that last years winner was a first time player? He could hardly have been considered a top player before coming into the season if that's the case. This is the first time I've had a serious effort at Dreamteam, and I get the sense there's a fair bit of luck involved around injuries and suspensions etc (due to the low transfer limit). With price changes being so aggressive, team value can change drastically and affect the overall shape of the team, so for this to happen on week 1 when it wasn't expected, it could be the bit of luck that an unsuspecting future champion needed when making their early transfers before the price changes.

Zimmerman
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Zimmerman »

Not sure there is any more (or less) luck than any other fantasy football game.

cclem345
Grumpy Old Man

Post by cclem345 »

And who's to say that people's plans were going to be successful?

There is no guarantee that the moves they were going to make would be better than the moves they may have to make.

You might have to make do with another option or transfer which could end up working out better.

Zimmerman
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Zimmerman »

Yes. But that’s like saying there’s no point in getting up for work on Monday. Who’s to say there won’t be a chain of events that benefit me?

cclem345
Grumpy Old Man

Post by cclem345 »

And what is anyone going to achieve crying about it?

People who have never been anywhere in the main league are already looking for excuses. Well that's what it sounds like.
Last edited by cclem345 on 17 Aug 2019, 13:15, edited 1 time in total.

Zimmerman
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Zimmerman »

Who knows... who’s to say that not crying is going to have a long term negative impact on your tear ducts.

ronny10
FISO Knight
FS Record: Not to shabby

Post by ronny10 »

cclem345 wrote: 17 Aug 2019, 11:50 You put in a striker who is about 3rd choice against arguably one of the toughest opponents (turned out not so tough) and left yourself with very little room for manoeuvre.

You may have wanted Mane but to sacrifice a striking position for someone who doesn't even play is mad. A 1m defender I can understand. A striker. No.
Let me explain my thinking, I wanted a pool block with sterling, mane, kane and Salah this left me with 3m

James 1m
Wilson 1m

Now do I either pick a 1m defender who either wont play or most likely pick up minus points or do I go for greenwood who the manager made clear during preseason and in his press conference prior to the first game he would get time on the pitch (he came on for the last 10 mins).

He would still be in my team if it wasnt for the allison injury and when alisson comes back greenwood could yet be back in my team!

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man

cclem345 wrote: 17 Aug 2019, 13:14 And what is anyone going to achieve crying about it?

People who have never been anywhere in the main league are already looking for excuses. Well that's what it sounds like.
It's people like you that turn a blind eye to being shafted year after year by dreamteam screwups that make dreamteam think they can continue to do it. If people stood up against it the first time it would of made them think twice next time.

TriXaM
FISOhead

Post by TriXaM »

cclem345 wrote: 17 Aug 2019, 13:14 And what is anyone going to achieve crying about it?

What Dreamteam have done is outrageous, I think people are allowed to vent on a public forum about it. I'm not sure if anyone has complained that their rank in the main league is going to suffer? Their position in paid mini leagues may well suffer to be fair, but we'll never know now. The root cause of the outcry as far as I'm concerned is the actions of the game administrators. If you're not that bothered then that's great (for you). I'm sure we will all get over it and move on in our own time, like you'd like us to.

cclem345
Grumpy Old Man

Post by cclem345 »

itslikebrandnew wrote: 17 Aug 2019, 13:33

It's people like you that turn a blind eye to being shafted year after year by dreamteam screwups that make dreamteam think they can continue to do it. If people stood up against it the first time it would of made them think twice next time.
It's a free game. No need for the over dramatics. If you whole week/month or life has been shafted by a price change then God help when something serious in life happens to you.

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man

cclem345 wrote: 17 Aug 2019, 13:54

It's a free game. No need for the over dramatics. If you whole week/month or life has been shafted by a price change then God help when something serious in life happens to you.
What's over dramatic about it? Dreamteams screws up and we all get shafted by playing a game with retrospective rules.

In the grand scheme of things it won't affect my quality of life, but that doesn't make it ok.

Yorkshire Exile
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Yorkshire Exile »

Zimmerman wrote: 17 Aug 2019, 12:39 Some people may have had plans.

Not unreasonable for someone to have gone with a side for one week... for someone to sit on their hands content to stick with the initial lineups for. Week or two more (safe in the knowledge they won’t be priced out of a move).
Plans or lives.....

cclem345
Grumpy Old Man

Post by cclem345 »

itslikebrandnew wrote: 17 Aug 2019, 13:58

What's over dramatic about it? Dreamteams screws up and we all get shafted by playing a game with retrospective rules.

In the grand scheme of things it won't affect my quality of life, but that doesn't make it ok.
You just said it. Playing a game. A game that is free. Don't sweat the small stuff.

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man

cclem345 wrote: 17 Aug 2019, 14:48
itslikebrandnew wrote: 17 Aug 2019, 13:58

You just said it. Playing a game. A game that is free. Don't sweat the small stuff.
But it doesn't make it any the less wrong.

ronny10
FISO Knight

Post by ronny10 »

ronny10 wrote: 17 Aug 2019, 10:18
cclem345 wrote: 17 Aug 2019, 10:15
ronny10 wrote: 16 Aug 2019, 13:13 Was planning alli to patricio, greenwood to jimenez but now 0.2m short.

Now forced to go adrian to get in jiminez who will then need to back to allison so potentially another 2 transfers.

I was happy to stick with patricio for the foreseeable future but no on else appeals at that price range so the whole thing affects your team, transfers and planning.

I dont think they appreciate the time people spend thinking about the game.

Anyway, I'm off to do some more thinking :roll:
Greenwood?? You started with Greenwood and planned to keep him for one week only. Against Chelsea? Surely that's a wind up
A wind up would be saying I was putting him in and not, i put him in as i wanted mane from the start and I only had 1m left.

Alissons injury means he gets an early exit, for now
Mane just scored, awful management :roll:

cclem345
Grumpy Old Man

Post by cclem345 »

It is awful management starting with a player who sells programmes outside Old Trafford.

You gave one of the most important positions in your team to a nobody. Lots of people have Mane. But they did it in my opinion a better way like going with James/Mcneill/AMN as their enabler.

Edit just seen you have 3 enablers in your team. Good luck if it comes off but where you go from Greenwood fkcu knows.

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man

My best team has Wilson, McNeil, & James in it.

I woudln't play an enabler as a striker just because strikers are the big point scorers.

ronny10
FISO Knight

Post by ronny10 »

I wanted a full pool block in a 343, I wanted sterling who got a hatty, I wanted mane for the long run so started with him as was on the bench and justified with 15pts today, I wanted kane who got 2 goals and I wanted salah. I picked james who got 1 goal and Wilson who scored today.

Again and I ask you to give me a better option at 1m, I picked Greenwood for reasons already given. I didnt say it would be long term that would always depend on other things, what he did give me was the chance to pick the players I wanted.

Now I'm on 101pts without a clean sheet from pool so far, 2 cleans from them would probably see me on 150 maybe so I wouldn't say it was an awful decision!!!!!!

cclem345
Grumpy Old Man

Post by cclem345 »

Listen I'm not trying to have a go just in my view while you may have wanted x y and z maybe there was the ability to compromise one of those wants for a better potential team. A simple swap of say one defender to another could have had you sitting with Rashford and not Greenwood.

Which both short term and long term was probably best and required less transfers. Ultimately if your looking rid of Greenwood your going to have to do the above anyway.

If he had any potential to get you points I would say ok but you have sacrificed maybe 15-20 points from a striker to try get maybe 8 for a clean sheet.

ronny10
FISO Knight

Post by ronny10 »

It doesn't really matter anyway, hes gone

drdes
Red & Blue Braces

Post by drdes »

I think people saying that "it's free so stop complaining" are missing the point.

Do you really think that DT don't make any money out of this? Do you think our data, email addresses and the commissions they get from their "partners" mean that they don't get any value from it?

Don't confuse zero £ cost to us with zero £ revenue for them.

cclem345
Grumpy Old Man

Post by cclem345 »

Nobody's confusing a free game and a revenue source. Of course they should benefit in some way as they provide staff,a platform to play and prize money for a game we all enjoy which costs us to enter £0.

My point is ok. It has happened. I will deal with it.

Other people are cracking up saying it has shafted them etc etc. In my opinion that's abit over dramatic. Making out that their whole dream team season is over because it has happened. To which it has happened to everyone.

People sitting on 70 points with Liverpool blocks or with players like Calum Wilson cannot blame price changes for the reason they are bottom of their mini leagues.

drdes
Red & Blue Braces

Post by drdes »

It amazes me how some people are so blasé about such a piss take by DT here.

Maybe in May they will change the rules to say that the winner has to be a Sun employee. I guess that will be fine for everyone except one person.

I agree that the winner will now be diffeent to the one that would have won under the original rules. Of course we will never know who it would have been.

I think people have every right to vent...and DT has absolutely no defence except that they are bunch of lazy., incompetent fools.

BTW.. Any terms and conditions that say that they can be changed by one party whenever they want makes the contract unfair.

Personally I am in good shape with my teams but I Will defend the principle here....people spend a lot of time on this (too much if you ask my wife!) so a competent set up should be expected not something that looks like it came from Putin's handbook.

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man

cclem345 wrote: 17 Aug 2019, 19:15 Nobody's confusing a free game and a revenue source. Of course they should benefit in some way as they provide staff,a platform to play and prize money for a game we all enjoy which costs us to enter £0.

My point is ok. It has happened. I will deal with it.

Other people are cracking up saying it has shafted them etc etc. In my opinion that's abit over dramatic. Making out that their whole dream team season is over because it has happened. To which it has happened to everyone.

People sitting on 70 points with Liverpool blocks or with players like Calum Wilson cannot blame price changes for the reason they are bottom of their mini leagues.
You're the one trying to make it dramatic by accusing others of being dramatic.

You play a game to a set of rules, when those rules are changed after the event it's wrong.

If someone said to you lets play a game, however i'll tell you the rules after it you'd laugh in their face and tell them to do one. Dreamteam are laughing in the face of all us.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “The Sun Dream Team FF Games”