To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

City champions league exit

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by The Sun newspaper.
RickyRosa
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2016 SDT Knockout Cup Winner. 5th Overall in SDT 2016 European Comp, 3rd overall in SDT Euro 2016 Comp

City champions league exit

Post by RickyRosa »

I made a comment yesterday in the weekly thread that the result was going to see Blades team drop like a stone...

Not because of the 1 x result and the negative points earnt by the city defenders but more so as I see it City now have 3 less games this season and I just feel this will really push the Pool based teams ahead.

With the fixtures left for Pool as well (Cardiff aside as I think (blind optimism here) that Cardiff will have a surprise or two for Liverpool in Sunday as we have renewed confidence and will be looking for a point)) I feel this will compound the above.

If you were blade would you use your transfers ( I'm assuming he has 3 left) to diversify into Liverpool or would you stick?

Suppose the same question could be asked of all City based teams in the top ten

Zimmerman
FISO Jedi Knight

Re: City champions league exit

Post by Zimmerman »

But of course he could use his three May transfers to diversify... so therefore negates the loss of 2 of those games.

Also, who is a better option?

Spurs (are they that tight... and fixtures to accommodate)
Liverpool with Barcelona (and fixtures headaches)?

Chelsea and Arsenal with their rotation and lack of cleans (will they even get through)?

So it’s not a case of dropping. Maybe a case of not pulling away even more?

RickyRosa
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2016 SDT Knockout Cup Winner. 5th Overall in SDT 2016 European Comp, 3rd overall in SDT Euro 2016 Comp

Post by RickyRosa »

I'm talking about his April transfers..,

Guess you would stick Zim.

Personally, huge risk I know, I think I would go head to head with the pool blocks and get Son and Moura in...keeping 1 sub for an emergency.

Maybe Aubs?

I would do something though....don't think I would just sit on my hands and watch my team slowly drop off? (Maybe they won't as you point out)

Zimmerman
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Zimmerman »

But in April he doesn’t have 3 less games to worry about.

In fact they have one more in April (than Liverpool anyway).

Dot
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Dot »

He hasn't got 3 transfers left but he does have more than you for April :wink:

Blades made his bed and went City strong which made sense at the time being the highest City block at the top. It could easily turn for him too with a few clean sheets. They still have 6 games left, 3 in April.

We're u also aware Son won't be playing against Ajax in the ist leg this month.

RickyRosa
Grumpy Old Man

Post by RickyRosa »

Yes, he got a yellow didn’t he...still think he will play in all other games and assuming they get through Ajax will have another two CL games at least...though I may wait until they have played city again as I see them struggling this weekend.

I know he made his bed but my point is it’s still not to late to jump into another...he hasn’t got to crazy...maybe get Sane out...but not imop for a Liverpool player...I just think his team is too polarised.

I’d bring in Moura if I were him...players that the top 8 teams above him don’t have but who are not wild cards...

Yorkshire Exile
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Yorkshire Exile »

City and Liverpool have the same numbers of games through to end of season at minute?
City got 1 extra pl game + fa cup

Dot
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Dot »

RickyRosa wrote: 18 Apr 2019, 13:36 Yes, he got a yellow didn’t he...still think he will play in all other games and assuming they get through Ajax will have another two CL games at least...though I may wait until they have played city again as I see them struggling this weekend.

I know he made his bed but my point is it’s still not to late to jump into another...he hasn’t got to crazy...maybe get Sane out...but not imop for a Liverpool player...I just think his team is too polarised.

I’d bring in Moura if I were him...players that the top 8 teams above him don’t have but who are not wild cards...
If you had watched Ajax lately you might be pricing up Spurs as 33/1 . They ain't got a hope ( imo)

RickyRosa
Grumpy Old Man

Post by RickyRosa »

I know they are good Dot... my lad reckons they can win the entire shooting match but I think people underestimate Spurs...maybe if Sisoko is injured they will struggle as they did look less threatening after they put Erickson outside last night after he came off.

Heard Kane may be back as starting physio etc...be good for managers stuck holding him

ronny10
FISO Knight
FS Record: Not to shabby

Post by ronny10 »

RickyRosa wrote: 18 Apr 2019, 15:41

Heard Kane may be back as starting physio etc...be good for managers stuck holding him
You have made some crazy statements this season Ricky but this may well be the craziest yet.

RickyRosa
Grumpy Old Man

Post by RickyRosa »

For the CL final mate? ( assuming they get there)

Besides..just saying what I heard on talk sport...

Dot
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Dot »

Just read this.

Juventue gamble on signing Ronaldo is backfiring after their CL exit.

The Italian giants spent £99 million to land him from Real Madrid - then gave him a £500,000 a week deal until 2022, by which time he will be 37

Juve shares plunged 18% yesterday morning after their 3-2 exit to Ajax

Fits nicely with these startling facts.

Alex's annual wage budget for the FIRST, SECOND & YOUTH TEAMS is £28 million, only a fraction more than the mercenary Alexis Sanchez's salary at United :shock:

And laughably the Yellow card Magnet ' Ander Herrera' no longer wants to be at Old Trafford. He is supposed to be injured. He thinks he is worth more than Sanchez is a week. The club don't.

Mourino imo ruined United when he signed Sanchez on those ridiculous wages, has he ever had a good game in a United Shirt? Ozil in disguise springs to mind. Overpaid and does eff all.

Paul Scholes, lauded by many as United's best player in the last 30 years used to walk into contract negotiations without an agent and just asked where he needed to sign.
He just loved playing football and loved Man United.

Dot
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Dot »

RickyRosa wrote: 18 Apr 2019, 17:46 For the CL final mate? ( assuming they get there)

Most of their radio hosts spend more time down the boozer in the City, I know I used to see them and probably explains that pub talk.

ronny10
FISO Knight

Post by ronny10 »

RickyRosa wrote: 18 Apr 2019, 17:46 For the CL final mate? ( assuming they get there)

So you are saying those stuck with him this month will also stick with him next month on the off chance he makes the cl final if spurs get there!!! :shock:

RickyRosa
Grumpy Old Man

Post by RickyRosa »

No stupid I'm saying those stuck with him (as in no transfers left for April) may actually have a bit of light at the end of the tunnel.

RickyRosa
Grumpy Old Man

Post by RickyRosa »

Dot wrote: 18 Apr 2019, 18:10

Most of their radio hosts spend more time down the boozer in the City, I know I used to see them and probably explains that pub talk.
Are you based in or around the Manchester area then Dot?

ronny10
FISO Knight

Post by ronny10 »

RickyRosa wrote: 18 Apr 2019, 20:25 No stupid I'm saying those stuck with him (as in no transfers left for April) may actually have a bit of light at the end of the tunnel.
What light dummy, you said he could be back for cl final, how does that possibly help them :shock:

Dot
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Dot »

RickyRosa wrote: 18 Apr 2019, 20:26
Dot wrote: 18 Apr 2019, 18:10

Are you based in or around the Manchester area then Dot?

City being the City of London mate :wink:

RickyRosa
Grumpy Old Man

Post by RickyRosa »

I see, the proper big smoke.

Do you think spurs stand a chance on Saturday?

I can see City smashing them?

What about Amir Khan Dot? I see him winning on points...fastest hands I’ve ever seen.

Ex-Pro-Gaffer
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 17th Overall SDT 19/20
Winner King Of The Weekender Fiso League 16/17 + 18/19 + 19/20
Winner Xmas Fiso League 16/17
Winner Budget Up 16/17
2nd Fiso Euro Comp 16/17

Post by Ex-Pro-Gaffer »

How did ya boxing bet go Ricky ‘Hatton’ Rosa 🥴

RickyRosa
Grumpy Old Man

Post by RickyRosa »

Prefer Ricky “The Closer” Rosa EPG or maybe Ricky “The Exploder” Rosa or Ricky “The strategy” Rosa!

I don’t think he quit anyway...one thing I know about an Englishman is they don’t quit. (As a rule)

Que loads of abuse on Easter Sunday where I get a new nick name...Que Superior Trollham making an appearance..

Any way...I literally had a couple of quid on him so no great shakes...plan was to spin up that couple of quid and go big on Cardiff at 16s at home!

That’s right!!! You heard it hear first...The Bluebirds to win 1 nil.

Though I’ll settle for nil nil as it well help my charge up the table and counteract the Vity CS yesterday...

Bluebirds!!!

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “The Sun Dream Team FF Games”