There is no doubt that football betting comes with lots of thrills and excitement. But for beginners who are trying to figure out how betting works, it might be quite difficult to enjoy football betting at first. Every experienced bettor started as a novice. It might be rough at the beginning of their betting career, but they kept on going and learning from their mistakes. Luckily, there are plenty of guides available Chezacash, and amateurs can learn from experts before the dive into betting full-time.
Contrary to what most people believe, you don’t need a lot of money to start betting. It is recommended you start with stipends, to reduce the risk in the early stages. Several reputable Kenyan betting websites offer new players bonuses which can be very useful to newbies. Betlion can be one of the best places to start your football betting career.
The football betting terms
There a several terms you are likely to come across when betting on football. To avoid the initial confusion or making wrong assumptions, here are the most common football betting terms to look out for:
- Stake: This generally refers to the money a bettor places on a bet.
- Accumulator: This is also referred to as a parlay bet. This is a cluster of single bets which is won by predicting all bets correctly.
- Handicap: This is a bet placed on a team that is given an advantage over the other. Using a handicap bet, there is a benefit to the underdog.
- Scorecast: This refers to a wager placed on a player who is the bettor predicts to score the first goal in a particular event.
- DNB: Also referred to as Draw No Bet is a situation where the bookie returns the bettors money if the match is a draw. The chances of a DNB is quite low because football matches rarely end in a draw.
- 24-hour rule: Some bookies have a 24-hour rule which voids all bets placed on a postponed match that is not played within 24 hours.
Choosing Your Preferred Bookie
Getting into football betting means finding a good number of bookies to place your wagers with. We don’t recommend you stick to only one bookie, as one bookmaker cannot offer everything you need. One gambling site might be great with sports offers and the number of bet markets they offer, another might have great promotions. However, before you sign up with any gambling establishment, be sure to do a little research on their credibility and license. Also, read trusted reviews from several sites as this is the best way to read objective opinions about them.
How to Place Your Bets
If you are just making a debut into football betting, here are some helpful tips to guide you along the way.
Bet with Your Head and Not Your Heart
The golden rule of betting is staying logical and avoiding placing wagers with clouded judgment. Don’t assume a team will win because they are your favorite.
Manage Your Expectation
Bettors often expect more once they hit a lucky streak or predict a couple of games correctly. Don’t get too confident and take risks you cannot bear.
It is crucial to be patient when placing bets. Afterall, you have no control over the outcome.