Every sports fan is regularly confronted with a large number of forecasts from experts. They can easily be found freely available on the Internet. However, sooner or later everyone may have a desire to make their own forecasts. And this desire is quite justified: everyone wants to have an opportunity to share his thoughts with others. In addition, writing forecasts is an opportunity to get some extra income. Many authoritative sites are ready to buy the forecasts of experts. There are specific principles, following which you can make your own tennis forecasts.
What data should be considered when making a forecast
Any prediction begins with the selection of a sporting event. Usually, experts try to write about the matches in which they know the most. For example, some experts specialize in specific tennis players. Likewise, there are experts who follow only the matches of a particular tournament or other events.
The best way to choose a match is on specialized portals. For example, the website Scores24 has a separate section https://scores24.live/en/tennis, which is dedicated to tennis. Here you can find the current schedule of matches, information about past events, standings, bookmakers’ predictions and much more. All this information can be useful when writing a prediction.
After selecting an event, the collection of information begins. There are a number of factors to consider when writing a prediction. Among them:
- The actual form of each sportsman. Tennis is a singles sport. Also, sometimes athletes play in pairs, but also in this situation the form of each individual participant is particularly important. It is necessary to carefully analyze their current state of health, whether they have been sick recently, whether they have not faced injuries.
- The tiredness factor. It can be difficult to assess this aspect. But often experts notice that after a series of games (for example, when an athlete takes part in several tournaments in parallel), players show much worse results and become less attentive.
- Mood and motivation. Psychological factors also have a great impact on the athlete’s state of mind. For example, problems in the personal life may affect the general mood. In addition, motivation also depends on the presence of reasons to win (for example, if the athlete’s position in the standings directly depends on the result of the match, you can expect him to play more efficiently).
- Dynamics in the overall ranking. There is a ranking of tennis players, which can be found in the public domain. When analyzing it, one should take into account not only what position a sportsman holds at the moment. It is also necessary to analyze whether there has been any movement up and down the ranking lately, how opponents are related to each other.
- History of personal meetings. If the tennis players have previously met in face-to-face meetings, then it is definitely worth finding out how those meetings went, how each of the opponents behaved. It may turn out that one tennis player wants to avenge the other for a loss, and other situations are also possible.
- The type of surface on the court. Analyzing the matches played by sportsmen, you can notice that some players perform better on an artificial surface, while others perform better on a natural surface. There is nothing strange about it. The type of surface directly affects the speed of movement of the player and the ball.
- Number of sets. As a rule, a tennis match includes three or five sets. Usually in matches with five sets, players tire faster. This point is also very individual, it is better to study specifically the behavior of a particular player.
- The level of the tournament. For each tennis player, the significance of the matches may differ. For example, if we are talking about a middle class player, you can expect that he will try to show up in every way possible, getting into a significant championship.
Other factors can also be used for analysis. Each expert adheres to their own scheme. Find information for writing predictions can usually be found in public sources. It is definitely worth seeing the last matches of the opponents and reviews on them. If the tennis players have given any interviews recently, they can also be watched. It is important to keep track of all changes and new data.
Also useful information can often be found on the sites of bookmakers. Many bookmakers are among the first to know the actual data, they have verified sources. Even if the office does not share forecasts, it is possible to understand what information they have by observing changes in odds.
Peculiarities of writing tennis forecasts
When writing any sports forecast, it is important not just to share your opinion, but also to argue for it. To do this, you should try to give as many facts as possible that the author used to write the forecast.
At the same time it is important for the forecast to be written in an interesting and literate manner. No one will want to read the expert’s point of view, if it is not clearly formulated. Based on the forecast, it should be clear what the expert’s opinion is and why they decided so.
The better the forecast is written, the more likely it is that players will listen to it and leave some positive feedback. As in any other business, it is important to “get the hang of it. Usually it is enough for an expert to write at least five forecasts to develop a unique style and attract a certain audience.