To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Sergio or Salah?

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).

Aguero or Salah

Aguero
61%
Salah
39%

Total votes: 51

xJosh-
FISOhead

Sergio or Salah?

Post by xJosh- »

Not sure if anyone else is in the same boat but I feel like the main 3 captaincy options are Hazard, Aguero and Salah with alternatives of Lacazette or Sterling. Hazard is a must so if you could only have one of the other 2 who would it be?

MoSe
Dumbledore
FS Record: FISODAS CUP Winner Season 25
FISO H2H Winner: 15/16 Div2 - 16/17 Div1
FISO Mirror: 16/17 PL Winner

Re: Sergio or Salah?

Post by MoSe »

Not sure if I get it
Are you talking about XI starters, or Captaincy?
I have Hazard and Kun and Sterling in my XV, never had Salah yet this season.

But at the moment I have C Kun, not Hazard. I have VC Hazard as a "personal punt" (if you can have such thing on a VC),
as the main sites have scores projection and captain suggestions telling me I should rather have VC Sterling (if not even C outright)

xJosh-
FISOhead

Post by xJosh- »

MoSe wrote: 18 Oct 2018, 10:36 Not sure if I get it
Are you talking about XI starters, or Captaincy?
I have Hazard and Kun and Sterling in my XV, never had Salah yet this season.

But at the moment I have C Kun, not Hazard. I have VC Hazard as a "personal punt" (if you can have such thing on a VC),
as the main sites have scores projection and captain suggestions telling me I should rather have VC Sterling (if not even C outright)
Sorry I mean XI starters, I just meant in the sense that you'd only want to invest that much in a player you'd captain so if you could only afford Salah OR Aguero who would you pick? My bad.

MoSe
Dumbledore
FS Record: FISODAS CUP Winner Season 25
FISO H2H Winner: 15/16 Div2 - 16/17 Div1
FISO Mirror: 16/17 PL Winner

Post by MoSe »

ok, ok, two votes for Kun atm :D

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

You mean in my squad? In the foreseeable future Mendy and KdB will be taking two of my spots ( :lol: :lol: :lol: I was distracted and Mose beat me to the first bit).

So it is either Sterling or Kun which means Lac is affordable too: given that there are freaking loads of Mids that I want and not very many Fwds at all; it is Kun by a mile for me.

xJosh-
FISOhead

Post by xJosh- »

blahblah wrote: 18 Oct 2018, 10:55 You mean in my squad? In the foreseeable future Mendy and KdB will be taking two of my spots ( :lol: :lol: :lol: I was distracted and Mose beat me to the first bit).

So it is either Sterling or Kun which means Lac is affordable too: given that there are freaking loads of Mids that I want and not very many Fwds at all; it is Kun by a mile for me.
Yeah I think Serg/Sterling being 2m less is a big reasoning, its just getting frustrating captaining Aguero and then him playing 60. Its been a blessing that he's still getting a goal before the subs but hopefully it was just down to the "apparent" niggle he had.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Apologies, I dismissed Salah who could replace Lac via a 5mish For if\when he shows signs of firing?

I think that Eden, KdB, Salah, Kun can all be afforded with a Premium Def but might need 2 of Ings, Jim and Murray up top?

SUZYKINS
Dumbledore

Post by SUZYKINS »

blahblah wrote: 18 Oct 2018, 15:16 Apologies, I dismissed Salah who could replace Lac via a 5mish For if\when he shows signs of firing?

I think that Eden, KdB, Salah, Kun can all be afforded with a Premium Def but might need 2 of Ings, Jim and Murray up top?
Or as we call it the Ozzie Ardiles approach :mrgreen:

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

SUZYKINS wrote: 18 Oct 2018, 15:21
blahblah wrote: 18 Oct 2018, 15:16 Apologies, I dismissed Salah who could replace Lac via a 5mish For if\when he shows signs of firing?

Or as we call it the Ozzie Ardiles approach :mrgreen:
Or the Queen Kev :wink:

xJosh-
FISOhead

Post by xJosh- »

I agree, unfortunately I currently have Robertson, Trippier, Alonso and now Mendy back :D for the first time ever I've fully loaded up on defenders because I do think they will score big this season and so far they are my main source of consistent points along with Hazard, Aguero and Maddison

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Not unreasonably so. I have Trippier, but he is gone for Mendy rather soon in a 3-4-3 as I have assumed that Maddi et al will outscore Trippier - but you have an excellent point....

Edit: ah yes the penny dropped: rotating Mids in a 4-3-3 sounds like hell, and 4-4-2 means an more cash on the bench (ie Ings, W-B and 4.5m mid), or having Ings in the rotation with the 4th mid, which again sounds like accelerating the aging process?

Jay P
Treebeard

Post by Jay P »

I’d probably go for Salah over Kun right now if I could only have one and the price difference was irrelevant.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Jay P wrote: 18 Oct 2018, 19:10 I’d probably go for Salah over Kun right now if I could only have one and the price difference was irrelevant.
Why?

Jay P
Treebeard

Post by Jay P »

blahblah wrote: 18 Oct 2018, 19:19
Jay P wrote: 18 Oct 2018, 19:10 I’d probably go for Salah over Kun right now if I could only have one and the price difference was irrelevant.
Why?
Fixtures are better, Salah more likely to get more minutes. If you put finishing aside (one small component which unfortunately has a big impact on points haha) Salah has been the best performing player in my opinion.

If his finishing improves, which is just a matter of time, the points will flow.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Jay P wrote: 18 Oct 2018, 19:30
Why?
Fixtures are better, Salah more likely to get more minutes. If you put finishing aside (one small component which unfortunately has a big impact on points haha) Salah has been the best performing player in my opinion.

If his finishing improves, which is just a matter of time, the points will flow.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Or whether last season was close to his norm, or his previous ones?

Billy Bongo
FISO Knight

Post by Billy Bongo »

Kun is playing well, Salah isn't

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Jay P
Treebeard

Post by Jay P »

blahblah wrote: 18 Oct 2018, 19:33
Why?

His finishing last season was very likely above expectation, I think there is a slight possibility he can continue that standard (or close to it) over his career.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Jay P wrote: 18 Oct 2018, 19:42
blahblah wrote: 18 Oct 2018, 19:33
Why?

His finishing last season was very likely above expectation, I think there is a slight possibility he can continue that standard (or close to it) over his career.
It was something of a debate, especially with a Chelsea fan saying that it couldn't continue. I had him from the start as he was the cheapest Lpool attacker so wasn't too bothered and then he went crazy, but still missed a lot.....

xJosh-
FISOhead

Post by xJosh- »

Sergio subbed after 60 again with a goal and a captaincy. So far I only could’ve picked Mendy/Robertson better (and Salah if I had him) but this is my problem 12 points isn’t the end of the world from your captain if he’s doing it every week but now it’s like Aguero only has 60 min to haul which is v unlikely.

Lucky
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Lucky »

I think that Salah has to drop more in price before I will get him in. The difference with Kun is still 1.5m at the moment of writing. This is a lot of money, especially bearing mind the points top defenders deliver. Salah's fixtures look good, but no guarantee that he plus cheaper defender perform significantly better than Kun and Mendy for example.

twhelan22
Treebeard

Post by twhelan22 »

Both

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”