To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Week 2 Captains

A forum for news and discussion on SkySports Fantasy Football. Both Football365 and TeamTalk used to feed into this game.
CptPugwash
Grumpy Old Man

Week 2 Captains

Post by CptPugwash »

Looking at avoiding transfers in my non-ISO team.

So
Eriksen (but seriously tempted by Richarlson) could go either way here.

Mendy - only City outfield player, but i think he's a pretty decent choice anyway.

Salah - nuff said.

ISO team
same choice Eriksen or Richarlson

Mendy/KDB/Aguero - I'll decide who i'm bringing in at about 1:15 Sunday can see me changing my mind 10 times between now & then.

Salah

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: ?

Re: Week 2 Captains

Post by itslikebrandnew »

For me :-

T1)

Sat - Richarlison
Sun - Aguero
Mon - Salah

It's a good job that City play 1st on Sunday as i can see Pep shafting me by starting with Jesus and Aguero on the bench. If that happens it's going to cost me a transfer.

T2)

Sat - Richarlison or i might go D Sanchez and hope for a clean sheet and goal/assist
Sun - B Silva - but again need to the the team news
Mon - Salah

Cars and Mané
Red & Blue Braces
FS Record: Sky Fantasy Football Winner 2017/18

Post by Cars and Mané »

It'll be Kane Aguero Salah for me. Those premium strikers need to start earning their keep!

BLOCKHEAD
Grumpy Old Man

Post by BLOCKHEAD »

Yeah I think sensible to have Kane and Aguero covered even if you do it in different teams to limit transfers used in each team. I remember getting off to a decent start in the 2nd chance league last season before Aguero went and scored 5 against Leicester :oops:

BLOCKHEAD
Grumpy Old Man

Post by BLOCKHEAD »

I'm seriously considering just giving the armband to Richarlison on Saturday instead of using a transfer to bring Kane in. Here is my reasoning:-

1. Kane still hasn't scored in August and the sample size gets larger with every passing year.

2. Newborn child - doubt he's getting much sleep at night. Likely to lead to tiresome, slow and sluggish performances on the pitch.

3. United away next for Spurs after this weekend. Can't remember Kane scoring at Old Trafford yet - I stand to be corrected.

4. I have plenty of Kane coverage in the other fantasy football games to fall back on in case he does score a few.

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man

Richarlison isn't a guaranteed starter :- "Calf injury Sustained in the encounter with Wolves on 11/8 which saw him forced off on 85 minutes."

Checked out a few websites and they give him a 75% chance of starting.

I'm going to have to go Kane on at least 1 of my 2 teams, plus it gives Captain coverage for the 2nd Sept.

Cars and Mané
Red & Blue Braces
FS Record: Sky Fantasy Football Winner 2017/18

Post by Cars and Mané »

BLOCKHEAD wrote: 16 Aug 2018, 21:52 I'm seriously considering just giving the armband to Richarlison on Saturday instead of using a transfer to bring Kane in. Here is my reasoning:-

1. Kane still hasn't scored in August and the sample size gets larger with every passing year.

2. Newborn child - doubt he's getting much sleep at night. Likely to lead to tiresome, slow and sluggish performances on the pitch.

3. United away next for Spurs after this weekend. Can't remember Kane scoring at Old Trafford yet - I stand to be corrected.

4. I have plenty of Kane coverage in the other fantasy football games to fall back on in case he does score a few.

Not a bad shout at all to captain Richarlison. Only thing I'd say on Kane is he also covers the captain on the Sunday of gw4.

BLOCKHEAD
Grumpy Old Man

Post by BLOCKHEAD »

True. I imagine a lot of people will be doing Salah :arrow: Kane on the Sunday of gw4. It's ideal that the overhaul is straight afterwards so Salah can be brought back in at no transfer cost.

mad dog
Dumbledog
FS Record: Sky Winner 16/17

Post by mad dog »

I’ll be on kane aguero and Salah. Well maybe jesus on Sunday if aguero doesn’t start.

Richarlison could be a shrewd captain on Saturday if harry continues this August drought

BLOCKHEAD
Grumpy Old Man

Post by BLOCKHEAD »

I've made the transfer and gone with Kane. If the two previous winners of the sky game are going Kane - then that's good enough for me :wink:

Ashers
FISO Knight
FS Record: OFL Fantasy Fives Winner 2011/2012, SDT wins WDT, weekly, monthly and seasonal prizes. Fantasy Darts daily winner, TFFO mini league winner & FISO U21 Threes Champs 13.

Post by Ashers »

mad dog wrote: 17 Aug 2018, 22:12 I’ll be on kane aguero and Salah. Well maybe jesus on Sunday if aguero doesn’t start.

Richarlison could be a shrewd captain on Saturday if harry continues this August drought
How do you have those three in the same team?

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man

Alisson
Shaw
Morrison
Peltier
Pedro
Pogba
Richarlison
Pereira
Aguero
Kane
Salah

That's how i did mine. The trick will be squeezing Hazard in :lol:

Fergi222
FISOhead
FS Record: DreamTeam Champion 20/21, Highest FPL Rank 715th, Top 100 in Sky and TFF

Post by Fergi222 »

I'm going Arnautovic, Bernardo (or Aguero if I get scared) and Salah

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man

Arnautovic might not playing today as he picked up an injury last weekend, B Silva is a good pick as websites are now saying Aguero is going to get rotated Sunday.

llama
Grumpy Old Man

Post by llama »

itslikebrandnew wrote: 18 Aug 2018, 08:21 Arnautovic might not playing today as he picked up an injury last weekend.
Injury? This is news to me. You sure?

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man

According to whoscored :-

After Marko Arnautovic picked up a knock at Anfield the former may even hope to start for the visit of Borunemouth, though Chicharito is more likely to take his place up front if the Austrian is unable to recover in time.

llama
Grumpy Old Man

Post by llama »

Yeah, just a knock. I’ll be very surprised if he doesn’t start today.

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man

T1 Morrison
Aguero
Salah

T2 D Sanchez
B Silva
Salah

T1, Couldn't go back to Kane because i'm more worried that Aguero will be rotated tomorrow. Morrison i figure i have 2 chances of decent points, a clean sheet or a goal. He has a decent goals return for a defender.

T2, Hoping for a clean sheet and maybe an assist from D Sanchez.

Gooner66
Treebeard
FS Record: A few bob over the years, most recently won the Irish Times Fantasy Euros Comp

Post by Gooner66 »

Morrisson and Sanchez. Hmm.

My recommendation would be to go out tonight, drink 10 pints and a few shots, take a right munter home and see how you feel about it in the morning. Might do wonders for your fantasy football :D

Then again, Foinavon did once win the National.

Best of luck either way.

BLOCKHEAD
Grumpy Old Man

Post by BLOCKHEAD »

Morrison - can't see that ending well on a day where Kane and Richarlison play :lol:

I thought my Jorginho pick last week was left wing :wink:

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man

:lol: I just couldn't bring myself to keep swapping Kane in and out. I could have gone Richarlison but it's Tosuns week this week :lol:

Just hoping to get through to the overhaul without burning transfers. It will be different after August when Kane is a must as any other month he'd bang in a hat-trick against Fulham.

BLOCKHEAD
Grumpy Old Man

Post by BLOCKHEAD »

Yeah I'm hoping Aguero doesn't start tomorrow as then I'll be in a bit of a pickle. It will cost 2 more transfers to bring Aguero in and then revert back to Kane for gw4. Other striker is Salah and he needs to stay for the Monday game.

Gooner66
Treebeard
FS Record: A few bob over the years, most recently won the Irish Times Fantasy Euros Comp

Post by Gooner66 »

In fairness, Morrisson's doing ok. In a dire game like this, he's as good a candidate as anyone for starman.

BLOCKHEAD
Grumpy Old Man

Post by BLOCKHEAD »

I fear for Morrison once Rondon comes off the bench.

Gooner66
Treebeard

Post by Gooner66 »

I fear for the fans sitting in the top tier once Rondon comes on. Either them or the corner flag. :)

BLOCKHEAD
Grumpy Old Man

Post by BLOCKHEAD »

Morrison almost gave the game away :lol:

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man

Unreal, what a dumb thing to do.

At least the keeper saved me from a dire day. 12pts not too shabby but probably not enough against Kane and Richarlison. Just depends what saving a transfer is worth.

BLOCKHEAD
Grumpy Old Man

Post by BLOCKHEAD »

The curse has finally been lifted 8-)

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man

As long as he doesnt get anymore then not too much damage done.

BLOCKHEAD
Grumpy Old Man

Post by BLOCKHEAD »

Gave Alonso the armband in my team that was a little further behind. Expecting both teams to be on similar points now.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “SkySports Fantasy Football”