To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

How many eggs in your basket?

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by The Sun newspaper.
Edmondson
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Dreamteam Mini Leagues also ran :(

How many eggs in your basket?

Post by Edmondson »

Loads of leagues flying around on the forum this season, big money this and that, head to head, usual elite etc.

Like many I struggle to say no :P

But I noticed only myself and CBN with the same team in each of the leagues. The in for a penny in for a pound approach. Nags Head Rovers and Edmo United will either clean up for us or bomb completely.

Others looks like they've gone with separate teams. Interested in how those are being played? Your absolute favourite team in £200 big balls league, then a fairly similar entry for the elite? Just spreading a bit of risk?

Ronny - you've gone down the separate teams route, but yet you're a self proclaimed all eggs in one basket man. Kane/Aguero/Lukaku in all ten teams for you.

What I'm saying is.....have I effed this up?

Yorkshire Exile
Grumpy Old Man

Re: How many eggs in your basket?

Post by Yorkshire Exile »

yes :wink:

Edmondson
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Edmondson »

Yorkshire Exile wrote: 24 Jul 2017, 22:30 yes :wink:
See if I can get the £500 league off the ground tomorrow :wink:

MADCHESTER UTD
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Won DT WC 2018
Won DT weekender wk 2 18/19
Won TFE 18/19

Post by MADCHESTER UTD »

Same team in elite, £50, £200 big balls, BML.
Last edited by MADCHESTER UTD on 24 Jul 2017, 22:46, edited 1 time in total.

Edmondson
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Edmondson »

I suppose you could easily win the £4K big balls and finish well outside the cash places in the Elite.

ronny10
FISO Knight
FS Record: Not to shabby

Post by ronny10 »

Using different teams in the different leagues but all will be the same from the start bar the odd 1 or 2.

My big balls, elite and 50er will all be identical

Edmondson
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Edmondson »

Remember the good old days when Dot would go ape shit if he found an entrant with duplicated teams :x

the-postman
fiso banshee
FS Record: fiso road to rio champ--sdt weekly winner 2015-jm elite league 3rd 14/15--sdt monthly r up 2016-
too many bbm wins to remember :-)

Post by the-postman »

ideally you have a few similar that get off to decent starts then you can branch out a bit

MARTYNWOOD
Treebeard
FS Record: Daily Star winner 2013/14, 2 Daily Star monthlies, 1 Daily Mirror monthly.

Post by MARTYNWOOD »

MADCHESTER UTD wrote: 24 Jul 2017, 22:43 Same team in elite, £50, £200 big balls, BML.

Likewise, using the same team for all my mini leagues.... going for the sh#t or bust technique this year!

Invariably though, it's one of your less fancied teams that gets off to a flier. Last year, an auto filled team... which I didn't get round to altering, proved to be my best team!

But with all the works/mini leagues knocking about, I'm going be lazy and keep it simple, and pretty much use the same team.

It seems since the introduction of more transfers... that managing those transfers, is more important than actually getting off to a good start, so I'm just going to concentrate on the one team, and hope for the best.

And when, by the end of September, my team's falling off the page... I'll concentrate on the weekender! :lol:

bloggie
Dumbledore
Location: Tourists swarm to see your face Confucius has a puzzling grace Disoriented you enter in unleashing

Post by bloggie »

MARTYNWOOD wrote: 25 Jul 2017, 10:14

And when, by the end of September, my team's falling off the page... I'll concentrate on the weekender! :lol:
Lotteryender with just the one team.
You'd think most people's ten teams would have some similar theme anyhow.

Striker
FISO Knight

Post by Striker »

Is eggs in your basket a good analogy? Usually I like to keep all my eggs safe. But in this case I don't care if nine of the eggs in my basket are smashed to smithereens if the tenth one is a good enough to be a winner. :wink: :lol: :wink:

Mind you even that casual view does have strategic Dreamteam implications. :wink:

Edmondson
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Edmondson »

The analogy is around entering variety of leagues with the same team, rather than having 10 teams in main league and the strategy for that.

Edmondson
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Edmondson »

Eggs = amount of opportunities to win cash off fellow fisoers

Basket = team

Backlash
Dumbledore

Post by Backlash »

This thread has got me thinking on my approach, I have entered all 10 across various leagues.
With the option to leave leagues I'm now contemplating on having just 1 possibly 2 as my main entry.

CBN
Dumbledore
FS Record: Three top ten seasonal finishes in the last five years; three Weekender wins; and three times Big Balls champion!

Post by CBN »

The result will be the same Danny.

H2H :D

Backlash
Dumbledore

Post by Backlash »

Yeah I guess you're right, I'll save myself the bother.

kid kongo
Grumpy Old Man

Post by kid kongo »

Good post.

I have played the shit or bust strategy for the past 10 years with 'the hope' I can branch out later if all goes well from the outset.

A couple of years this has happened and finished 300th when there was the old single transfer window in January and the two player rule, 2006 I think (when I first joined FISO). David James went from City to Portsmouth I think but remained as a City player so I did a semi-block with Matt Taylor I think plus someone else and the clean sheets just kept coming. However, I had 4 teams in the top 100 in January, a front 6 of Gerrard, Lampard, Ronaldo (mids) and Shearer, Van Nistlerooy and can't remember the other one, looked at all of the teams above me and thought I've got this covered....most of them got injured...Portsmouth leaked and I drifted. Eggs one basket failed me.

Within the recent format of more transfers I've done the same - 15/16 I think it was I finished 7th. More luck than judgement though as I gambled on players such as Martial in the last window who came good and the likes of Sanchez flopped which helped me climb the table. Just a gamble that came off.

However, this latest format (loads of transfers, player prices rising and falling etc...) means you have to get off to a good start, don't make stupid 'all in' transfers early on...this is a repent at leisure scenario as I found out last year....it was such a long way back from an impulsive start under this new format.

One year I entered loads of teams and spread too thinly and it was a complete disaster. I really love the ten team rule that has been introduced this season. Focuses the mind rather than people trying the scattergun approach.

Good luck in your decisions everyone.

Striker
FISO Knight

Post by Striker »

Edmondson wrote: 25 Jul 2017, 18:11 The analogy is around entering variety of leagues with the same team, rather than having 10 teams in main league and the strategy for that.

That's what comes of not reading a thread properly. :oops: Or hardly reading it at all. :oops: :oops:

Mind you reading the last post, it seems that I wasn't the only one to make the wrong assumption on the intended meaning of "eggs in one basket" in this thread. :wink:

leethomas
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: mini cup winner, joint top overall Euro phase winner 15/16, runner up fiso weekly league 15/16 16/17 weekly winner 16/17 2k head to head winner 16/17 fiso iso league winner 16/17 lwdt hardly mr average winner 16/17

Post by leethomas »

Ive got 3 different teams in elite, 50 quider and 200 quider although they are pretty similar. Think at least 6 same players in all 3. Although plenty of time still to completely ruin them all :|

ronny10
FISO Knight
FS Record: Not to shabby

Post by ronny10 »

leethomas wrote: 27 Jul 2017, 16:20 Ive got 3 different teams in elite, 50 quider and 200 quider although they are pretty similar. Think at least 6 same players in all 3. Although plenty of time still to completely ruin them all :|
It's only 1 team per league you cheater :shock:

leethomas
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: mini cup winner, joint top overall Euro phase winner 15/16, runner up fiso weekly league 15/16 16/17 weekly winner 16/17 2k head to head winner 16/17 fiso iso league winner 16/17 lwdt hardly mr average winner 16/17

Post by leethomas »

ronny10 wrote: 27 Jul 2017, 16:43
leethomas wrote: 27 Jul 2017, 16:20 Ive got 3 different teams in elite, 50 quider and 200 quider although they are pretty similar. Think at least 6 same players in all 3. Although plenty of time still to completely ruin them all :|
It's only 1 team per league you cheater :shock:
Ye but i wanna give myself a good chance. So if its by cheating then so be it...... Bet you have never seen me and blademan in same room :P

Backlash
Dumbledore

Post by Backlash »

leethomas wrote: 27 Jul 2017, 17:02
Bet you have never seen me and blademan in same room :P
Remember when I did Lee? That was deeply disturbing; I still don't believe you were giving him the Heimlich maneuver even to this day.

leethomas
Grumpy Old Man

Post by leethomas »

Backlash wrote: 27 Jul 2017, 17:11
Remember when I did Lee? That was deeply disturbing; I still don't believe you were giving him the Heimlich maneuver even to this day.
I forgot that dan, :oops: mind you, what happened then when you gave yourself a treat has disturbed me till this day too.

Blademan
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 5k weekly winner 2017
BIG BALLS WINNER PROBABLY

Post by Blademan »

Backlash wrote: 27 Jul 2017, 17:11
Neither do I

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “The Sun Dream Team FF Games”