To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Lack of clarity in transfer rules...

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by The Sun newspaper.
CBN
Dumbledore
FS Record: Three top ten seasonal finishes in the last five years; three Weekender wins; and three times Big Balls champion!

Lack of clarity in transfer rules...

Post by CBN »

5.3 ELIGIBLE AND PENDING TRANSFERS

An eligible Transfer will take immediate effect and will occur if you transfer a player out for another player where neither the outgoing player’s club nor the incoming player’s club have played during the Game Week in which you make that Transfer.

A pending Transfer will take effect from the following Game Week and will occur if you transfer a player out for another player where either the outgoing player’s club or the incoming player’s club have already played or commenced playing during the Game Week in which you make that Transfer.

For example, if you transfer out Eden Hazard in Game Week 4 and replace him by transferring in Sadio Mané, that transfer will remain pending until Game Week 5 unless neither Chelsea nor Liverpool have commenced their matches yet during Game Week 4 in which case, that Transfer will take immediate effect in respect of Game Week 4.

All pending transfers will be confirmed after completion of the Game Week at 07:00:00 every Friday.

So, does this introduce a means to lock in transfers early to game an impending price rise. Or will the transfer happen at the new prices and if you can no longer afford it then it will fail?

Seems a pretty big loose end to tie up...

lfc71
Grumpy Old Man
Location: Usually top of my works/pub lges(50/60 entries)most seasons.
FS Record: Winner of my works & pub leagues (50/60 entries) most seasons (since 1993) - 13th place overall in SDT World cup 2014...10th place overall in SDT seasonal 20/21...1st place in SDT liverpool fan lge 20/21 season (over 80,000 entrants)

Re: Lack of clarity in transfer rules...

Post by lfc71 »

Yep,bit of a grey tbh.
The rules this year seem fairly clear/well written,then the sun being the sun have to try n be clever & chuck in some random new (transfer) rule with no indication of how/when it comes into effect. :roll:

Ex-Pro-Gaffer
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 17th Overall SDT 19/20
Winner King Of The Weekender Fiso League 16/17 + 18/19 + 19/20
Winner Xmas Fiso League 16/17
Winner Budget Up 16/17
2nd Fiso Euro Comp 16/17

Post by Ex-Pro-Gaffer »

Would also be nice for some additional info or clarity on the emergency transfer available :?

mad dog
Dumbledog
FS Record: Sky Winner 16/17

Post by mad dog »

ex-pro-gaffer wrote:Would also be nice for some additional info or clarity on the emergency transfer available :?

This might come in at international break only

Ex-Pro-Gaffer
Grumpy Old Man
Winner Budget Up 16/17
2nd Fiso Euro Comp 16/17

Post by Ex-Pro-Gaffer »

mad dog wrote:
ex-pro-gaffer wrote:Would also be nice for some additional info or clarity on the emergency transfer available :?

This MIGHT come in at international break only
I think this is what im getting at........

mad dog
Dumbledog

Post by mad dog »

I don't understand so say you have a transfer left to use. You use it on Monday 28th August as pending as both players have played. The new month starts before Friday's 7am transfer point. Does the transfer go through or is it lost?

Ex-Pro-Gaffer
Grumpy Old Man
Winner Budget Up 16/17
2nd Fiso Euro Comp 16/17

Post by Ex-Pro-Gaffer »

mad dog wrote:I don't understand so say you have a transfer left to use. You use it on Monday 28th August as pending as both players have played. The new month starts before Friday's 7am transfer point. Does the transfer go through or is it lost?
Aren't you the main man to find answers to these questions :?: :wink:

lfc71
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Winner of my works & pub leagues (50/60 entries) most seasons (since 1993) - 13th place overall in SDT World cup 2014...10th place overall in SDT seasonal 20/21...1st place in SDT liverpool fan lge 20/21 season (over 80,000 entrants)

Post by lfc71 »

Why oh why do they have to constantly p1ss around with things?.
If your gonna change stuff at least make it crystal clear ffs!!

Ex-Pro-Gaffer
Grumpy Old Man
Winner Budget Up 16/17
2nd Fiso Euro Comp 16/17

Post by Ex-Pro-Gaffer »

CBN wrote:5.3 ELIGIBLE AND PENDING TRANSFERS

An eligible Transfer will take immediate effect and will occur if you transfer a player out for another player where neither the outgoing player’s club nor the incoming player’s club have played during the Game Week in which you make that Transfer.

A pending Transfer will take effect from the following Game Week and will occur if you transfer a player out for another player where either the outgoing player’s club or the incoming player’s club have already played or commenced playing during the Game Week in which you make that Transfer.

For example, if you transfer out Eden Hazard in Game Week 4 and replace him by transferring in Sadio Mané, that transfer will remain pending until Game Week 5 unless neither Chelsea nor Liverpool have commenced their matches yet during Game Week 4 in which case, that Transfer will take immediate effect in respect of Game Week 4.

All pending transfers will be confirmed after completion of the Game Week at 07:00:00 every Friday.

So, does this introduce a means to lock in transfers early to game an impending price rise. Or will the transfer happen at the new prices and if you can no longer afford it then it will fail?

Steven
Welcome to the Sun Live Chat service. Please note that all Live Chats are recorded for training purposes. Please wait and an Online Advisor will be with you soon.
12:48:18 PM
Hello, you're chatting with Steven . I'm here to help you with any questions you may have about The Sun.
12:49:33 PM
Me
Hi, im hoping for a litle bit of clarity regarding the "emergency transfer" available in the sun dream team
12:49:55 PM
your explanation in the rules is a little vague to say the least, surly you cant just issue teams with an emergency tranfer when you feel like it, if this is the case players need to know how and when and if it will be issued
12:51:32 PM
Hi Steven
12:52:47 PM
Steven
The transfers are the same as last season 3 transfers a month midnight onwards on the 1st of every month
12:53:48 PM
Me
it says in your rules there may be a emergency transfer at some point ?
12:54:26 PM
5.3 ELIGIBLE AND PENDING TRANSFERS

12:55:42 PM
could you please clear this up also Steven ?
12:56:13 PM
Steven
I have just checked with my supervisor and their will be no emergency transfers only the 3 every month
12:57:07 PM
Me
can you please read above ?
12:59:21 PM
Steven
the transfer are given automatically every month whether there are players price rises or not
1:01:16 PM
Me
ok thanks Steven.......i think !
1:02:36 PM

CBN
Dumbledore
FS Record: Three top ten seasonal finishes in the last five years; three Weekender wins; and three times Big Balls champion!

Post by CBN »

SDT Live Chat. Great sport.

lfc71
Grumpy Old Man

Post by lfc71 »

So no clearer then :lol:

ronny10
FISO Knight
FS Record: Not to shabby

Post by ronny10 »

CBN wrote:SDT Live Chat. Great sport.
Possibly the biggest waste of time and a companies money anywhere ever.

Ex-Pro-Gaffer
Grumpy Old Man
Winner Budget Up 16/17
2nd Fiso Euro Comp 16/17

Post by Ex-Pro-Gaffer »

I'm glad thats all cleared up now !! :lol:

Ex-Pro-Gaffer
Grumpy Old Man
Winner Budget Up 16/17
2nd Fiso Euro Comp 16/17

Post by Ex-Pro-Gaffer »

ronny10 wrote:
Yeah but the supervisor said so...... :mrgreen:

mad dog
Dumbledog

Post by mad dog »

ex-pro-gaffer wrote:
mad dog wrote:I don't understand so say you have a transfer left to use. You use it on Monday 28th August as pending as both players have played. The new month starts before Friday's 7am transfer point. Does the transfer go through or is it lost?

Yeah but I don't like to bother him all the time. Was hoping someone here could work it out

ronny10
FISO Knight
FS Record: Not to shabby

Post by ronny10 »

ex-pro-gaffer wrote:
ronny10 wrote:
Yeah but the supervisor said so...... :mrgreen:
Said supervisor being the 2nd biggest waste :lol:

Ex-Pro-Gaffer
Grumpy Old Man
Winner Budget Up 16/17
2nd Fiso Euro Comp 16/17

Post by Ex-Pro-Gaffer »

mad dog wrote:
ex-pro-gaffer wrote:

Yeah but I don't like to bother him all the time. Was hoping someone here could work it out
What we get told and what you get told are two totally different things ( from previous experience ), :?

robot
Dumbledore
FS Record: Winner tff world 2018 knockout 2nd TFF Euro 2012 Group Stage,tff weekly winner 13/14wk25, 14/15wk7&19,16/17wk2,,Winner tff champions league two foot challenge, winner sun Elite league 15/16,winner tff 17/18 chairmen league, week32 weekender joint 1st.

Post by robot »

My take the 7am thing is a red herring the pending change and the price change will all happen at the same time on a thur night the 7am thing is just the latest it will all happen.

Striker
FISO Knight

Post by Striker »

I emailed them that precise question some days ago. They emailed me on Wednesday saying I'd get a response within 72 hrs. Some hope!

I guess that the question someone else has raised in this thread about what happens if you have a "within budget" pending transfer and the price increases, do you pay the price on the day that you made the transfer or that on the day that it goes through, with the implication that if it's the latter and the price increase makes it an above budget transfer, then the transfer fails, is another facet of the same issue. If its the revised price on Friday, you could have the ridiculous situation where you could make a pending transfer when the price is above your remaining budget hoping that the price might fall or at least not increase as much as the price of the player you are selling. But the potential for possibilities like this seem beyond the ken of whoever wrote the rules.

Whatever is in their minds regarding both above issues, I'd guess that everything has to be based on the day that you make the pending transfer since that means they at least have a workable system. They certainly need to clarify. But when they have a significant budget for running the game**, I still don't understand why they employ someone to write their rules who doesn't understand exactly what they are doing and the need to avoid ambiguity.

** assuming that it doesn't make sense to them to have a £750,000 prize fund and then only pay peanuts to the person responsible for writing the rules, as that would probably lead to them employing a monkey for that task.

P.S. I prefer the Russian civil service joke of several years ago to the old maxim that if you pay peanuts you only get monkeys - that went "They pretend to pay us, and we pretend to work".

Edmondson
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Dreamteam Mini Leagues also ran :(

Post by Edmondson »

Just going to try and apply the most logical guess work I can, I'm thinking along similar lines to a couple of points above:

1. For last season the system had players locked once they'd played in a game week, so the rule change is saying this will be changed for the coming season.

2. On the basis of above, then you have to assume any possible transfer budget wise and allocation wise from your 3 in the month, will be accepted and locked in at the time it is made.

3. On basis on that happening above, even if budget rises or month ticks over - the transfers you made will be honoured and go through.

That has to be the conclusion of what they have intended.

The massive caveat is whether the system can actually cope with that, especially if all scenarios haven't been covered and properly briefed to the developer. And they have a history of not really testing these changes. So system could reject your transfers.

This caveat would remain in place whether you have written confirmation from Ahmed, his supervisor or whether you have it in blood from Watkins himself.

None of us can start the season thinking, ok that's fine I know for sure I'll be able to make that over budget end of month transfer. Until we see it working, we won't know. All we'd have is more of a case for an appeal, which isn't exactly much of a comfort. By the time they get to your appeal, the game will have moved on, there would be no way of fixing your team.

Striker
FISO Knight

Post by Striker »

I got an answer to my query. If I have a spare August transfer and make a pending transfer on August 30th which doesn't become effective until Friday Sept 1st will that use my last August transfer or count as my first Sepember transfer?

The response was it would be an August transfer. This suggests that the transfer would be based on the August 30th values. No guarantee of course, but it does seem that this is the only viable way thst the new system could actually work.

MrTomRipley
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: "Success is stumbling from failure to failure with no loss of enthusiasm"

Post by MrTomRipley »

Can someone clarify that this is how transfers work in FPL?

I.e. You can transfer early in the gameweek to "lock in" your buying and selling prices.

Zimmerman
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Zimmerman »

That's my interpretation too

MrTomRipley
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: "Success is stumbling from failure to failure with no loss of enthusiasm"

Post by MrTomRipley »

Zimmerman wrote:That's my interpretation too
But in FPL prices move all the time. Right? Whereas in DT its weekly. That's what makes this a bit strange.

Zimmerman
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Zimmerman »

But the jumps are bigger and the game weeks longer.
Swings and roundabouts

MrTomRipley
Grumpy Old Man

Post by MrTomRipley »

Zimmerman wrote:But the jumps are bigger and the game weeks longer.
Swings and roundabouts
OK thanks.

Zidane
FISOhead

Post by Zidane »

robot wrote: 15 Jul 2017, 13:33 My take the 7am thing is a red herring the pending change and the price change will all happen at the same time on a thur night the 7am thing is just the latest it will all happen.
I hope that's the case because I'm hoping one of my player's values will increase before I take him out.

If they stick to the 7 am rule then i'll either have to take the player out before the monthly deadline (losing a possible value increase) or keep him and let a transfer go to waste.

The reason I could see them sticking to 7 am for the price changes would be the time difference of the last kick off (compared to last season's game week)

Previously the final kick off for a game week would be 4 pm (Sunday)

Now with the Europa League it's going to be 8.05 pm (Thursday)

Sometimes they would take 5/6 hours to update price changes, so I can't see them getting it done in 2/3 hours.

robot
Dumbledore
FS Record: Winner tff world 2018 knockout 2nd TFF Euro 2012 Group Stage,tff weekly winner 13/14wk25, 14/15wk7&19,16/17wk2,,Winner tff champions league two foot challenge, winner sun Elite league 15/16,winner tff 17/18 chairmen league, week32 weekender joint 1st.

Post by robot »

Zidane wrote: 30 Jul 2017, 20:35
robot wrote: 15 Jul 2017, 13:33 My take the 7am thing is a red herring the pending change and the price change will all happen at the same time on a thur night the 7am thing is just the latest it will all happen.
I hope that's the case because I'm hoping one of my player's values will increase before I take him out.

If they stick to the 7 am rule then i'll either have to take the player out before the monthly deadline (losing a possible value increase) or keep him and let a transfer go to waste.

The reason I could see them sticking to 7 am for the price changes would be the time difference of the last kick off (campared to last season's game week)

Sometimes they would take 5/6 hours to update price changes, so I can't see them getting it done in 2/3 hours.
See strikers post further up:

When a transfer is made but goes "pending" the price and the month of the transfer will be as at the point it went pending.

They seem more on the ball this year.
The scenario of the players unlocking at midnight thursday then the new week and price changes starting at 7am could happen ( but is irrelevant as you can pend the transfer anyway).

Zidane
FISOhead

Post by Zidane »

robot wrote: 30 Jul 2017, 21:05
Zidane wrote: 30 Jul 2017, 20:35

The reason I could see them sticking to 7 am for the price changes would be the time difference of the last kick off (campared to last season's game week)

See strikers post further up:

When a transfer is made but goes "pending" the price and the month of the transfer will be as at the point it went pending.

They seem more on the ball this year.
The scenario of the players unlocking at midnight thursday then the new week and price changes starting at 7am could happen ( but is irrelevant as you can pend the transfer anyway).
I saw that. I should have mentioned I was on about taking a player out after the last game week of August.

Say for example I had Bailly and after three games his value increased.

If wanted to get rid of him straight after he'd played his third game (to free up some money) then I would miss out on his price increase before transferring him out.

The prices changes are at 7 am every Friday and the end of the last game week for August is Thursday 31st.

So if I waited for Bailly's price to increase then i would no longer be able to transfer him out as one of my August transfers.

Striker
FISO Knight

Post by Striker »

Cake having and cake eating spring to mind. :wink:

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “The Sun Dream Team FF Games”