To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

TFF 2017/18

A Fantasy Football forum for news on Fantasy Football games run by the Daily Telegraph (TFF). Please post general messages about players etc that are non-specific to TFF on the 'Team News' Forum.
Spinynorman
FISO Jedi Fish
FS Record: Under Ordinary

TFF Friday night mania!

Post by Spinynorman »

So what are peoples thoughts (if any) regarding this coming season or the season just gone?

Where did you go wrong? How will you improve? Why did a Chelsea block not win it for me? Why did the winning manager have all the same players as me whilst not necessarily at the same time. Shall I just have one team to pour all of my energies into and then lose or shall I have twenty teams again (as I have done for a couple of seasons) to spread my options and then lose.

Who are the players and teams to look out for and should I give credence to that tantalising idea of a points scoring holding midfielder?

Shall I go 352, 433 or 451? Are all the points now scored by forwards, attacking midfielders or people who play for Spurs? Why do I only have these players when they stop scoring? Why did I ever take Harry Kane out and why was Jesus my downfall rather than my saviour?

Will points be awarded for third and fourth key contributions scored on our local playing fields?

Will I still run out of transfers even if they are unlimited? :

Is this all to early? Does anybody care? Have I asked to many questions whilst offering no palpably useful information whatsoever?

My transfer finger is getting twitchy so I'm off for a quick flange. :mrgreen:

morganb
FISO Knight
FS Record: Fantasy Advent Calendar 2012 Winner; The FISODAS Cup - Season 22 Winner; Ralfbergs EPL prediction game 2013/14 winner; FISO Goals 2022

Re: TFF Friday night mania!

Post by morganb »

TFF is so last season! Anybody who's anybody is now playing Fantasy Polo....

viewtopic.php?f=28&t=124559&p=3061560&s ... 1#p3061210

jjmatadormc
FISOhead
FS Record: Euro 2016 TFF Predictor Winner

Post by jjmatadormc »

Biggest lessons learned.

Don't waste transfers on defenders unless they are perma-crocked.

The attacking semi-block is a thing. If a striker is scoring then two of his team mates are getting KCs.

Save more tranfers for the 2nd part of the season when the big guns are firing and the fight has gone out of the also rans.

I'm sure you all knew this.

brencarr
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: TFF best finish; 60th 2013/14

Post by brencarr »

I'm currently playing Fantasy NRL (Aussie Rugby League - and having a great time too), the thing I have done wrong in my first crack at this is exactly the same as I have done in TFF in the past (and touched on by the Matador above) .... players I transfer out because they will miss 2-3 games come back to haunt me. I think I would, on balance, have been better off not transferring players out who will only miss 2-3 games.

Having read a couple of write-ups on previous winners and top-10 finishers I also see they make their first transfers after a month or so .... by which time I've usually squandered 2 or 3. I really need to learn it's a marathon and not a sprint.

Spinynorman
FISO Jedi Fish

Post by Spinynorman »

jjmatadormc wrote:
The attacking semi-block is a thing. If a striker is scoring then two of his team mates are getting KCs.
This is an interesting point and one that I sort of thought I knew but for whatever reason don't always act on. :roll:

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Re: RE: Re: TFF Friday night mania!

Post by murf »

brencarr wrote:I'm currently playing Fantasy NRL (Aussie Rugby League - and having a great time too), the thing I have done wrong in my first crack at this is exactly the same as I have done in TFF in the past (and touched on by the Matador above) .... players I transfer out because they will miss 2-3 games come back to haunt me. I think I would, on balance, have been better off not transferring players out who will only miss 2-3 games.

Having read a couple of write-ups on previous winners and top-10 finishers I also see they make their first transfers after a month or so .... by which time I've usually squandered 2 or 3. I really need to learn it's a marathon and not a sprint.
They don't transfer players early because they have a good team (luck and/or judgement). That sets them up to use transfers better later when they also have points in the bag.

You can ride bandwagons and transfer well to move up but if someone ahead does similar with more points already and spare transfers then you are toast.

Maldini
Dumbledore

Post by Maldini »

robot
Dumbledore
FS Record: Winner tff world 2018 knockout 2nd TFF Euro 2012 Group Stage,tff weekly winner 13/14wk25, 14/15wk7&19,16/17wk2,,Winner tff champions league two foot challenge, winner sun Elite league 15/16,winner tff 17/18 chairmen league, week32 weekender joint 1st.

Post by robot »

Fa cup kick out filter for private leagues and champions league from group stage the only stand out differences?

The other points just seem a repeat of the current game? So not much is changing?

So thinking about the fa cup kick out, players playing the game to primarily win their works league etc if they opt out it then makes it easier to beat them overall as they will play the game without thinking about the cup but presumably in the overall league the cup points will count for opt out and in. Sounds good!

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

Thought you meant CL counted for a minute!

Seems nothing new there in main game (which is good news). FA Cup filter is just potential for a FISO side league but no interest or use to me.

robot
Dumbledore
FS Record: Winner tff world 2018 knockout 2nd TFF Euro 2012 Group Stage,tff weekly winner 13/14wk25, 14/15wk7&19,16/17wk2,,Winner tff champions league two foot challenge, winner sun Elite league 15/16,winner tff 17/18 chairmen league, week32 weekender joint 1st.

Post by robot »

CL being included would certainly have cause a few moans on here.
But good to have a seperate game on it as well as the new championship game.
From my point of veiw the only downside is I know I will over commit!

The fa cup thing holds no interest to me either, the point I was trying to make if I understood it correctly is that the main leaderboard will include fa cup points, but the members of leagues opting out will play the game differently strategically, therefore the main league will be advantageous to those of us that grab the extra cup points by planning.

Or I suppose it could also have the opposite effect of showing us that we waste to many transfers chasing cup points?

An opt in combined with an opt out double up league could be interesting and show how much difference it makes?

dead parrot
Grumpy Old Man

Post by dead parrot »

champions league from group stage is very welcome.
That was one of the things I suggested (and that it would improve entry numbers) in the review survey but I never expected it to happen after no CL at all this year

Darbyand
FISO Knight
FS Record: TFF World Cup 2014: 6th. TFF: 2020: 30th. 2022 32nd + 54th. Eggs PL 1st 2022. Tenners: 3rd 2019, 2nd 2020, 1st 2022.

Post by Darbyand »

Having a look through the tff Twitter account replies, they posted an estimate of a mid July launch a couple of days ago. Pretty big slippage from them saying it would be
"End of June" a couple of weeks earlier.

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

That's good

a) I don't want to think about it yet and
b) More chance to get it right, inc transferred player prices

That's bad

- they are having issues

Darbyand
FISO Knight
FS Record: TFF World Cup 2014: 6th. TFF: 2020: 30th. 2022 32nd + 54th. Eggs PL 1st 2022. Tenners: 3rd 2019, 2nd 2020, 1st 2022.

Post by Darbyand »

Agreed on all counts.

Also says that Sanchez and Firminho likely to be TFF strikers next season.

murf
FISO Viscount

Re: RE: Re: TFF Friday night mania!

Post by murf »

Darbyand wrote:Agreed on all counts.

Also says that Sanchez and Firminho likely to be TFF strikers next season.
Probably right but does it matter with multiple formations? Probably helps as you can squeeze in more cheap midfielders - was hard last year with must have attackers taking up their midfield spots.

Darbyand
FISO Knight

Post by Darbyand »

Last season you could have had Sanchez (and Firminho) plus three forwards if that was your thing.

Tricky one how to categorise players whose teams use 433s or similar. Sanchez, Hazard and Mane to name but three play a lot further forward than, say, a Beckham or Kewell who were obviously midfielders.

Spinynorman
FISO Jedi Fish

Post by Spinynorman »

I had been eyeing up Ake as having potential but I now have to wonder whether he improves the potential of a Bournemouth defence? :?

Darbyand
FISO Knight

Post by Darbyand »

Website preview (Sanchez as highest priced striker??)

Also now saying player list available by end of this week.

Edit: they're also now confirming transfers stays at 40 per season.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Darbyand on 03 Jul 2017, 20:55, edited 1 time in total.

quizking
Grumpy Old Man
Location: quizking towers, primrose hill; and running the shop at https://www.quizking.net/

TFF 2017/18

Post by quizking »

Announced on their fb page as launching "mid-july" - but here's a sneak preview of new design, and note that sanchez and firmino are both listed as strikers.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Spinynorman
FISO Jedi Fish

Post by Spinynorman »

I need to do much better this time around. :roll:

Englandcollapsed
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 33rd Telegraph Fantasy European Super League 20/21 (12th TFCI, 17th TFFE, 67th TFC , 96th TFFCH)

Re: TFF 2017/18

Post by Englandcollapsed »

Tff indicated that Sanchez might get moved to midfield if Lacazette comes.

Assuming Sanchez does not go to Bayern...

get_on_my_cocker
Red & Blue Braces
FS Record: Won many company leagues, and nearly won TFFO back in the day. Also managed Carra's team to success in Sky FF

Post by get_on_my_cocker »

Englandcollapsed wrote:Tff indicated that Sanchez might get moved to midfield if Lacazette comes.

Assuming Sanchez does not go to Bayern...
Seems like they're really not sure about Sanchez...

https://twitter.com/TFFootball/status/8 ... 1227347968

BLOCKHEAD
Grumpy Old Man

Post by BLOCKHEAD »

It looks like those strikers have been sorted by price - surprised Kane is only 3rd most expensive :shock:

Rashford also seems overpriced - he didn't exactly do much last season.

Darbyand
FISO Knight

Post by Darbyand »

This thread could do with merging with Spiny's. Covering the same ground.

Spinynorman
FISO Jedi Fish

Post by Spinynorman »

Darbyand wrote:This thread could do with merging with Spiny's. Covering the same ground.
...and indeed it has been which is probably why I couldn't find the one that I had started. :oops:

Latic
FISO Knight
FS Record: Minor past glories. Back for 2021!

Post by Latic »

40 grannies, 5 a week confirmed.

5 JULY 2017 • 12:00PM
If, like us, you've spent the majority of the summer counting down the days until the new football season, you've come to the right place.

We've received a huge amount of messages from you, our loyal Telegraph Fantasy Football managers, asking when the 2017/18 game will be live and what you can expect for the new season.

So, with that in mind, we've summarised the key things for you to look out for. We're sure you'll like what we have in store but of course if there's anything you think we've missed please get in touch with us via our official

When?

The provisional Premier League player list will be available later this week and you'll be able to register on the brand new site from mid-July.

For regular updates keep an eye on our official Facebook and Twitter pages.

What's new?

Telegraph Fantasy Football Championship 17/18

As well as the usual Premier League edition, we'll be launching a brand new version of Telegraph Fantasy Football for the Championship. Will you be selecting John Terry in your side? Is now the time for Fulham to secure promotion? ......

Champions League Group Stages

After a year on the sidelines, the Champions League fantasy game will be returning for the 2017/18 season and it's bigger and better than ever. This year you'll be able to pick your team for the Group Stages and add even more excitement to your Tuesday and Wednesday nights. Ronaldo, Messi, Lewandowski or Hazard - who will you pick?

Season Tickets

To make the most of your Telegraph Fantasy Football experience you'll definitely want to purchase a 17/18 Season Ticket. They offer unbeatable value and give you access to the Premier League, Championship, Champions League and next summer's World Cup games, starting from just £4.99.*

In-game improvements

We're always looking to improve the look and feel of Telegraph Fantasy Football as well as tweaking the gameplay. For the 2017/18 season we've given the game a lick of paint. And, because we know it's not everybody's cup of tea, for the very first time you'll be able to view your Private League with or without FA Cup points included.

Anything else you'd like to see? Get in touch via our Facebook or Twitter pages.

What's staying the same?

Thank you to the thousands of you that filled out our end of season survey. The overwhelming response was to keep the game the way it is, so here's what's staying the same:

Your first team is free in both the Premier League and Championship editions
Scoring points will be the same, no need to download any new rule books
Transfers - 40 and max five per week. Use them wisely!
£50m budget and the same selection criteria (although the Sanchez striker v midfielder debate continues...)
No gimmicks; captains, transfer amnesties and fluctuating values - the TFF public voted and you won't see any of these in our game
Elite Leagues (with league and knock-out prizes) provide you with even more ways to win
Supporters Leagues - beat your fellow supporters and prove you're the top manager at your club

The Championship season gets underway on Friday, August 4 with the Premier League starting Saturday, August 12. These two fantasy games will be live soon so stay tuned and be the first to sign up!

Stay up to date with the latest Telegraph Fantasy Football news >>

*Season ticket options:

Individual team credits for the Champions League and World Cup editions will start at just £5. There are great savings to be had with these two season ticket options:

Season Ticket A: £4.99

Early bird (July): 3 team credits (£1.66 per team credit) - SAVE £10
From August 1: 2 team credits (£2.50 per team credit) - SAVE £5
Season Ticket B: £9.99

Early bird (July): 8 team credits (£1.25 per team credit) **BEST VALUE** - SAVE £30
From August 1: 5 extra team credits (£2 per team credit) - SAVE £15

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

Latic wrote:40 grannies, 5 a week confirmed.
Is this TFF or Rooney's contract at Everton???
Latic wrote:What's staying the same?

Thank you to the thousands of you that filled out our end of season survey. The overwhelming response was to keep the game the way it is, so here's what's staying the same:

Your first team is free in both the Premier League and Championship editions
Scoring points will be the same, no need to download any new rule books
Transfers - 40 and max five per week. Use them wisely!
£50m budget and the same selection criteria (although the Sanchez striker v midfielder debate continues...)
No gimmicks; captains, transfer amnesties and fluctuating values - the TFF public voted and you won't see any of these in our game
:D :D :D

robot
Dumbledore

Post by robot »

So does this early bird thing include the world cup/ champions league or is that seperate and a fiver a team?

Spinynorman
FISO Jedi Fish

Post by Spinynorman »

So my suggestion for a bonus of five extra transfers if you captain someone in your special defensive midfielder slot if he plays in the league cup wasn't taken on board. :roll:

Latic
FISO Knight
FS Record: Minor past glories. Back for 2021!

Post by Latic »

murf wrote:
Latic wrote:40 grannies, 5 a week confirmed.
Is this TFF or Rooney's contract at Everton???
:lol: with big thanks to autocorrect there.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Telegraph Fantasy Football (TFF)”