To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Minileague woes.

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
BobMem
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: The Graduates - FISO 5AS H2H Champions 13/14
FISO King of Rock and Roll - Elimination game winner 2015/16

Minileague woes.

Post by BobMem »

Literally no one wants to read a load of people boasting about how many of their minileagues they won, but the opposite is much more interesting! Here's a tale of woe, anyone else want to share?

So I started organising a cash ML in my workplace 5 seasons ago. Nothing too expensive, only a tenner in. I ran the league for 4 seasons, consistently getting 40-50 players.

1st year I finished second.
2nd year I finished second by 10 points (OR 1874).
3rd year was poor, finished 5th or summat.
4th year finished second by 2 points thanks to Chris Smalling's OG with the last kick of the season.
This year (5th) I had left that workplace, but continued to play the league. I passed on the league management to someone I thought I could trust. He emailed everyone in January to say he'd had his house burgled and all the money was stolen.
Guess where I finished this year? That's right, first by ONE HUNDRED AND ELEVEN POINTS.
Last edited by BobMem on 21 May 2017, 21:53, edited 2 times in total.

The Catman
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Winner 2013 TFC T20 wickets league; Winner 2012 F1 Fantasyracers.com. Winner Mirror FF Free League 2014/15. 6th TFC T20 runs 2016.

Re: Minileague woes.

Post by The Catman »

Bad news Bob, sorry to hear that....(I assume you believe his story is a load of bull)

gallus
Grumpy Old Man

Post by gallus »

who the eff keeps 500£ that are not even his laying somewhere in his house for a year?

Paulista
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Paulista »

I would ask him for a copy of the police report to prove he was burgled.

Pirlo's Beard
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Pirlo's Beard »

Good Lord that's a horrendous story of woe, BobMem. Are you sure you're not Bad Luck Brian in disguise? :lol:

Oxford NZ
Dumbledore
FS Record: They think it's all over!

Post by Oxford NZ »

Insurance should cover the cash but if he is an honest guy then he would stump up the cash anyway. Well done for winning the ML anyway.

BobMem
Grumpy Old Man

Re: RE: Re: Minileague woes.

Post by BobMem »

The Catman wrote:Bad news Bob, sorry to hear that....(I assume you believe his story is a load of bull)
It seems unlikely, but I genuinely thought he was a decent guy.

BobMem
Grumpy Old Man

Post by BobMem »

Oxford NZ wrote:Insurance should cover the cash but if he is an honest guy then he would stump up the cash anyway. Well done for winning the ML anyway.
Cheers, and I did look a bit like bad luck Brian in my youth!

I have to admit most people I've discussed this with fall into 2 camps. Either your line of thinking, or that "you've only lost £10".

I think the same way as you, and like to think of I'd have been stupid enough to lose the money in the 4 years I ran it, I would have stumped up, however much it hurt.
Easy to say though.

Striker
FISO Knight

Post by Striker »

It's irrelevant whether he or someone else stole the money. It was his responsibility and he has a liability to pay up. The members of the league should make sure that he pays up. If I was involved I'd accept his story at face value but organise an anti welcher campaign if he continues to refuse to pay up. The fact that only £400 or whatever is involved, is irrelevant. He must be made to understand that until he pays up everyone regards him as a total welching sh*t.

Alternatively you could forget the whole thing and erase this thread. :wink: :lol: :wink:

gallus
Grumpy Old Man

Post by gallus »

Striker wrote:It's irrelevant whether he or someone else stole the money. It was his responsibility and he has a liability to pay up.
Right? The money wasn't his. If I lost someone else's money I'd pay him back. Unless he insisted that I don't of course. :P

My only complaint is that my ML's are not competitive enough. No one finished in the top 100k apart from me.

BobMem
Grumpy Old Man

Post by BobMem »

Anyway, the idea was you'd all have similar "just missed out" stories. Anyone got anything other than "the competition were all shite"?!

tommyk7
Grumpy Old Man

Post by tommyk7 »

Won the fun leagues (no $). Finished out of the money in the two cash leagues :(

Oxford NZ
Dumbledore
FS Record: They think it's all over!

Post by Oxford NZ »

BobMem wrote:
Oxford NZ wrote:Insurance should cover the cash but if he is an honest guy then he would stump up the cash anyway. Well done for winning the ML anyway.
Cheers, and I did look a bit like bad luck Brian in my youth!

I have to admit most people I've discussed this with fall into 2 camps. Either your line of thinking, or that "you've only lost £10".

I think the same way as you, and like to think of I'd have been stupid enough to lose the money in the 4 years I ran it, I would have stumped up, however much it hurt.
Easy to say though.
On a brighter note. :P His insurance has just stumped up for him to get a new computer set up, big screen TV and hi Fi system. Have a £10 sweep on when he will get turned over again :shock:

I was shit this season and still was top of one ML based on accumulating points mid season. Lost the head to head by trying differentials (Costa cost a lot against anyone stung me most game weeks.)

Sutter Kane
Dumbledore
FS Record: Unknown.

Post by Sutter Kane »

In trying to win one ML at 35 behind, I lost another one from 2 behind. Knew what my rival had done before making my two free moves so got in Coutinho for Hazard, captained him and changed Jesus to Sturridge. Lost 23 points as all things being equal this week, I'd have changed King to Fabregas/Pedro and captained the obvious Kane (I'd have still got Cout with my other free) Lost one league by 43 and the other by 21. (That's the one I'd have won!)

However if Liverpool had got 5 or 6 and Studge/Coutinho scored massive points, there was a glimmer of light I just had to follow...Roll on next season. (ff kicks off again in around 7 weeks I estimate :P )

MoSe
Dumbledore
FS Record: FISODAS CUP Winner Season 25
FISO H2H Winner: 15/16 Div2 - 16/17 Div1
FISO Mirror: 16/17 PL Winner

Post by MoSe »

Aug 12 gw1

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”