To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

DGW Thread

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

DGW Thread

Post by Ruth_NZ »

As far as I can see, there will be 3 (minimum) DGW opportunities. One will be caused by the EFL Cup Final on 26/2. That is GW26. Two of the following games will be postponed that weekend: City v United; Hull v Burnley; Soton v Arsenal; Leicester v Liverpool. So, 4 teams with blanks that weekend and 2 games needing to be re-scheduled. Those games could just be put back to 1/3 (meaning no DGW at all) but they don't usually do that. The next natural slot for them would seem to be 25-26/4 (GW34) if UEFA fixtures and international breaks are to be avoided. They weren't always avoided last season, however. Could easily be that the 2 games happen in different gameweeks.

The second will be occasioned by the FA Cup QFs on 11/3. That is GW28. Anything up to 16 teams could blank that weekend though on previous experience you'd expect 4-6 games to be affected. That would cause a DGW for 8-12 teams and that will probably be the big one assuming they are all scheduled for the same midweek. As far as I can tell from a fairly cursory look, the first free slot for those games would be GW34 midweek (25-26/4) because the intervening period has UEFA EL/CL games plus an international break to navigate.

The third will be caused by the FAC SFs on 22-23/4. As many as 4 games (8 teams) could be blankers. That's GW34. It seems possible, in fact, that some teams could lose and gain FPL fixtures in the same gameweek. Whatever, we'll know nearer the time. The clear slot for the games postponed for the SFs would be GW37 midweek. Pretty much as last season in fact.
Last edited by Ruth_NZ on 17 Mar 2017, 10:16, edited 1 time in total.

eastcentral1
Dumbledore

Re: DGW Early Scan

Post by eastcentral1 »

Cool, cheers. The main thing to note for now is that I'm not going to make the mistake again of relying on Andy Carroll to perform in two games in a row.

Weisenwolf
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2,234 points; back when this was considered a good score....

Post by Weisenwolf »

And I'm not going to waste my WC on the wrong GW

math!
Dumbledore
FS Record: Yes

Post by math! »

I'm going to do what everyone tells me to do :D

except for captain choice

MoSe
Dumbledore
FS Record: FISODAS CUP Winner Season 25
FISO H2H Winner: 15/16 Div2 - 16/17 Div1
FISO Mirror: 16/17 PL Winner

Post by MoSe »

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

You're a genius MoSe - great links (especially your one - your presentation is by far the best).

I think we can expect GW34/37 to pretty much be the standard until the format of any comp changes. The question will be - how far will the PL teams get in Europe this season and will we have the troublesome situation that those teams end up being the same ones that do well in the cup, a la Liverpool last year?

For example, your table suggest the GW26 cup-finalists could just play their postponed game in midweek GW26 right? I think that's what the OP stated too looking back. Looks fairly likely to me - I think last year the issue was the cup final didn't have that option in the immediate midweek after if I remember rightly? Though I do remember GW25 being an option of some sort that wasn't taken up for whatever reason - one that bit them in the bum later when Liverpool had so many games to fit in.

MoSe
Dumbledore

Post by MoSe »

Stemania wrote:You're a genius MoSe - great links (especially your one - your presentation is by far the best).
well, maybe graphically, or rather, in the layout... ;)

But Ben Crellin's tool is invaluable, he takes the effort of investigating all possible dgw options and categorise them (yet to come at this point), presents it in a very organised way, and above all he'll keep it updated almost real time.
At least that's what he did last season

Mine, it's just a calendar I drew for myself, to easier decide when I can take leave from office, and when I'll have sidegames update commitments :oops: :lol:

Weisenwolf
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2,234 points; back when this was considered a good score....

Post by Weisenwolf »

math! wrote:I'm going to do what everyone tells me to do :D

except for captain choice
In that case I order you to do whatever you want to do.

Now do as your told! Or not :lol:

spiderm4tt
FPL Champion 2012/13

Post by spiderm4tt »

Cheers thanks for the heads up about the potential DGWs :)

MoSe
Dumbledore

Post by MoSe »

from https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... PZcbi51ZbI
and https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016%E2%8 ... und_Proper

FA Cup 3rd Round Draw (PL clubs)
Fri 06/01______________________________________________________________________________
West Ham vs Man City
Sat 07/01______________________________________________________________________________
Man United vs Reading
Hull vs Swansea
Sunderland vs Burnley
Millwall vs Bournemouth
West Brom vs Derby
Everton vs Leicester
Watford vs Burton
Stoke vs Wolves
Bolton vs Crystal Palace
Norwich vs Southampton
Preston vs Arsenal
Sun 08/01______________________________________________________________________________
Liverpool vs Plymouth
Chelsea vs Peterborough
Middlesbrough vs Sheffield Wed.
Tottenham vs Aston Villa
FPL DGW preview 2016_17.xlsx updated

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

Thanks, MoSe. Personally I am more concerned with the EFL Cup Final and potential GW26 blanks right now, the FA Cup issue is a bit further away. The EFL Cup SF first leg games happen before GW21, fortunately, and we should have a better steer on what's what after that.

On the FA Cup element, the interesting thing is that there should be 6 weeks between the GW28 blanks and the GW34 DGW as it looks. That could make wildcarding in GW28 quite an interesting option because you could then set up to field 11 in GW28 have 6 FTs to prepare for the DGW.

MoSe
Dumbledore

Post by MoSe »

Ruth_NZ wrote:On the FA Cup element, the interesting thing is that there should be 6 weeks between the GW28 blanks and the GW34 DGW as it looks.
if the QF draw is held on the same day of previous round as usual, after the matches, from 19 Feb to midweek GW26 Wed March 1st there's 10 days, dunno whether that's enough due notice to bring forward one of the affected GW28 matches.
Although I agree that it's less likely

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

MoSe wrote:
Ruth_NZ wrote:On the FA Cup element, the interesting thing is that there should be 6 weeks between the GW28 blanks and the GW34 DGW as it looks.
if the QF draw is held on the same day of previous round as usual, after the matches, from 19 Feb to midweek GW26 Wed March 1st there's 10 days, dunno whether that's enough due notice to bring forward one of the affected GW28 matches.
Although I agree that it's less likely
The FA guideline is 21 days for re-scheduled games apart from FA Cup replays (contingencies for which can be made in advance). They can vary that, it's not hard and fast, but I don't see any GW28 games coming forward to GW26, that seems highly unlikely anyway.

Aldershot Rejects
Dumbledore
FS Record: 5th Metro (2010-11); 146 - Sky (2015-16); 218 - Sky (2014-15); 386 - Sky (2020-21); 636 - FPL (2017-18); last 16 Sky Cup (2018-19)

Post by Aldershot Rejects »

As it stands, West Ham will have games on both QF & SF weekends ;)

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

GW28 Blanks

At the moment, the following GW28 games are on:

Bournemouth v West Ham
Everton v WBA

The other 8 could still be blanks.

Navigating the GW26 and GW28 blanks will be the first task. Unless the GW26 games postponed for the EFL Cup Final are played later in the same gameweek but personally I consider that less likely. We'll see.

MoSe
Dumbledore

Post by MoSe »

Ruth_NZ wrote:Unless the GW26 games postponed for the EFL Cup Final are played later in the same gameweek but personally I consider that less likely. We'll see.
Ben Crellin cared to warn in his updated file:
"TEAMS ARE UNLIKELY TO HAVE BLANKS IN GAMEWEEK 34 BECAUSE THE FOLLOWING MIDWEEK IS FREE"

I wonder why he didn't consider the same option for GW26 :?:
What makes GW26 and GW34 different? :?

in his Calendar he has FA Cup R5 Replays (which I didn't consider) potentially scheduled for GW26 midweek
True, teams in the LC Final will be known 1 month in advance, while the need for those same two teams to have a R5 Replay can't be ruled out till 10 days earlier (19/02), unelss they get out in R4 of course (29/01)
Ruth_NZ wrote:The FA guideline is 21 days for re-scheduled games apart from FA Cup replays (contingencies for which can be made in advance)
I figure that GW26 matches concerning the two LC Finalists could be provisionally scheduled for GW26 midweek, pending any Replay involving one of the 4 teams.
Should no Replay get in the way, the postponed matches will have benefited of a 5 weeks notice (after 25-26/01 SF 2nd legs)
Should a Replay force a rescheduling, the GW26 postponed matches will be furtherly postponed to GW34, with 10 days advance over the provisional scheduling, and 9 weeks advance over the rescheduled date...
:?

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

MoSe wrote:
Ruth_NZ wrote:Unless the GW26 games postponed for the EFL Cup Final are played later in the same gameweek but personally I consider that less likely. We'll see.
Ben Crellin cared to warn in his updated file:
"TEAMS ARE UNLIKELY TO HAVE BLANKS IN GAMEWEEK 34 BECAUSE THE FOLLOWING MIDWEEK IS FREE"

I wonder why he didn't consider the same option for GW26 :?:
What makes GW26 and GW34 different? :?

in his Calendar he has FA Cup R5 Replays (which I didn't consider) potentially scheduled for GW26 midweek
True, teams in the LC Final will be known 1 month in advance, while the need for those same two teams to have a R5 Replay can't be ruled out till 10 days earlier (19/02), unelss they get out in R4 of course (29/01)
Ben Crellin is kind of right and kind of wrong in my view. The GW28 FA Cup games will cause blanks, agreed. Those games are very unlikely to go forward to GW26, they occasionally do it for the odd game but not wholesale. Those games are likely to be re-scheduled (all or most) in GW34 midweek. So while the GW34 midweek is free now, it won't be by the time we get there. :? The GW34 blank games will probably go into GW37 midweek.

So, as I said in the OP regarding GW34, "it seems possible that some teams could lose and gain FPL fixtures in the same gameweek". But the fixtures added won't be the GW34 blank games going back a few days, they will be the GW28 blank games (in the main anyhow). That means that GW34 probably won't be as big a DGW as last season. The FA Cup semi-finalists (and their opponents) won't get a DGW in GW34, neither will they get a blank, they'll most likely get one midweek game (but it won't be the one currently shown in the GW34 calendar, it will be the GW28 game).

The only teams likely to get a GW34 DGW are the EFL Cup finalists and/or their opponents (if deferred from GW26) but only the teams that are also out of the FA Cup. And the losing FA Cup quarter-finalists and/or their opponents (but again, only the team(s) concerned are out of the FA Cup).

I'd be somewhat surprised if more than 8 teams had a DGW in G34 in other words, it may even be less. Last season it was 10.

Oh, and where GW26 is different is that the EFL Cup Final is played on a Sunday, that eliminates the Tuesday as a free date. The Wednesday could be possible but they tend not to re-schedule games that close to a Cup Final that could go to 120 minutes, the clubs wouldn't tend to favour that either.
Last edited by Ruth_NZ on 10 Jan 2017, 03:40, edited 1 time in total.

GregsEggs
Grumpy Old Man

Post by GregsEggs »

When's best for wildcard and other bonuses

ricardo68
FISOhead

Post by ricardo68 »

Bench boost and triple captain are great for dgw (just remember you can't use both)

MoSe
Dumbledore

Post by MoSe »

I know it's still early, but this sank to page 2, and my back aches at bending that low to pick it up ;)

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/fa-cup/fixtures
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016%E2%8 ... und_Proper

4th Round (last 32) 11 matches with PL sides

Friday 27 19:55 Derby vs Leicester
Saturday 12:30 Liverpool vs Wolves
Saturday 15:00 Tottenham vs Wycombe
Saturday 15:00 Chelsea vs Brentford
Saturday 15:00 Burnley vs Bristol City
Saturday 15:00 Middlesbrough vs Accrington
Saturday 15:00 Crystal Palace vs Man City
Saturday 17:30 Southampton vs Arsenal
Sunday    12:00 Millwall vs Watford
Sunday    12:30 Fulham vs Hull
Sunday    16:00 Man United vs Wigan

Monday, 30 January
FA Cup fifth round draw (as part of The One Show, 19:20 GMT)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... PZcbi51ZbI

before that, we'll get to know GW26 EFL Cup finalist teams

Wed 25th Liverpool v Southampton (agg 0-1) 20:00
Thur 26th Hull City v Man United (agg 0-2) 19:45

cesc408
Grumpy Old Man

Post by cesc408 »

Not too much early thought from other managers regarding blank GW26/GW28 ?

Utd beating Wigan could lead to them having a blank GW26 and GW28. What are the Ibra owners thoughts?

Possibility as well with Pool. Few people bringing Coutinho in so soon after injury but he could miss the 2 and just play the GW27.

Regards to FA Cup some teams look to be strong favourites (Pool Spurs Chelsea UTD) so I can see a lot of managers struggling to field close to 11 players come GW28.

Aldershot Rejects
Dumbledore
FS Record: 5th Metro (2010-11); 146 - Sky (2015-16); 218 - Sky (2014-15); 386 - Sky (2020-21); 636 - FPL (2017-18); last 16 Sky Cup (2018-19)

Post by Aldershot Rejects »

It's difficult to plan too much at the moment when there is so much uncertainty. Ibra may miss both GW26 & GW28, but he might play both although that is unlikely. At the moment I could lose both Sanchez and Ibra for 26 & 28 in which case I will probably move one of them on.

We do know some sides that definitely play both and it seems wise to factor that into our transfers particularly when you are making 50:50 calls. It would also seem a wise time to plan to upgrade the dead wood (Mr Amat I'm talking about you) since these two weeks will test squad strength.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

cesc408 wrote:Not too much early thought from other managers regarding blank GW26/GW28 ?
We should know the majority of GW28 blanks before next gameweek (GW23), pending replays being the only gaps in knowledge, and there's not a huge amount that can be done/said until that time.

As for GW26, it still looks possible that the games will be rearranged for midweek GW26, meaning no blank. Either way, again we will know the teams before GW23.

Probably best that someone starts a new thread before GW23 on the blanks(/how we'll all get round them) when the teams involved are formalised. :D

cesc408
Grumpy Old Man

Post by cesc408 »

I agree it is difficult to plan too much as we are still awaiting results, However I'm just going to make up and put a possible popular team together...

Heaton
Alonso Rose Baines
Eriksen Sanchez Lallana Phillips
Costa Ibra Lukaku

Subs: Pickford Chambers Amat De Roon

Let's just go with this team for talk sake.

Obviously it's not written in stone who will qualify for the next round but as a betting man I would say all of the following BPL teams will go through, and therefore miss GW28.

Liverpool vs Wolves
Tottenham vs Wycombe
Chelsea vs Brentford
Burnley vs Bristol City
Middlesbrough vs Accrington
Man Unitid vs Wigan

If that was the case that will leave us Baines, Sanchez, Phillips, Lukaku, Pickford, Amat. (If Sanchez doesn't progress with Arsenal and Leicester lose to Derby, Pickford awaiting Middlesbrough result)

We are approaching GW22 so there is plenty of time left to think ahead but with the amount of "easy" ties some of the popular teams have I can see plenty of mangers either taking hits or missing out on having close to 11 players for GW28.

Due to the amount of BPL vs Championship ties and assuming the favourites qualify, GW28 could have just 3 original fixtures:
Screenshot_2017-01-20-10-00-56.jpg
Will people be wanting to transfer in players from Hull/Swansea/WH who have been poor most of the season to try and get some points in for that week?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Stemania »

As I say, perhaps it's all worth of a new thread (I'm loving the use of MS Paint or equivalent btw :lol: ). I think all we can really say for now is that certain personnel need watching - I can see Siggy becoming popular from GW27 for example:

Burnley (H), Hull (A), Bournemouth (A), Middlesbrough (H),

but that's 6 gameweeks away still, which is an awful long time in FPL. With Everton playing Hull at home in GW29 I'm sure there'll be many a Blue buyer in that period too even if 3 or 4 other games are still on - though I would guess they'll already be popular by then anyway in view of current fixtures. :D

I might be tempted to invest in an 8th playable attacker in that period just to see myself through - it's almost a pity there's still a lot of good defensive fixtures about in GW27/29 as otherwise they might have been nice AOA spots. :D

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

Having not worried at all about potential blanks thus far, that potential GW28 schedule is a bit scary!

Especially as I'm (somewhat reluctantly) close to selling Sigurdsson this week. If I'm going to want him back soon enough anyway, maybe I really will look elsewhere for a move!

OIEIAO
FISOhead

Post by OIEIAO »

cesc408 wrote:I agree it is difficult to plan too much as we are still awaiting results, However I'm just going to make up and put a possible popular team together...

Heaton
Alonso Rose Baines
Eriksen Sanchez Lallana Phillips
Costa Ibra Lukaku

Subs: Pickford Chambers Amat De Roon

Let's just go with this team for talk sake.

Obviously it's not written in stone who will qualify for the next round but as a betting man I would say all of the following BPL teams will go through, and therefore miss GW28.

Liverpool vs Wolves
Tottenham vs Wycombe
Chelsea vs Brentford
Burnley vs Bristol City
Middlesbrough vs Accrington
Man Unitid vs Wigan

If that was the case that will leave us Baines, Sanchez, Phillips, Lukaku, Pickford, Amat. (If Sanchez doesn't progress with Arsenal and Leicester lose to Derby, Pickford awaiting Middlesbrough result)

We are approaching GW22 so there is plenty of time left to think ahead but with the amount of "easy" ties some of the popular teams have I can see plenty of mangers either taking hits or missing out on having close to 11 players for GW28.

Due to the amount of BPL vs Championship ties and assuming the favourites qualify, GW28 could have just 3 original fixtures:
Screenshot_2017-01-20-10-00-56.jpg

Will people be wanting to transfer in players from Hull/Swansea/WH who have been poor most of the season to try and get some points in for that week?
I think you're getting ahead of yourself. You are listing FA Cup 4th round ties but GW28 is the 6th round (quarter finals). All those teams are still 2 rounds away from having a GW28 blank.

baganboy
Comfortably Dumb(ledore)
FS Record: 2011/12 - 212. 2019/20 - 222.
Altogether 6 top 10Ks. 8 top 20Ks. 9 top 50Ks.

Post by baganboy »

Hmm. 5th round fixture set-up is the point when the jugglery starts. When does that happen, does anyone have any idea?

MoSe
Dumbledore

Post by MoSe »

Yes, in February
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... PZcbi51ZbI
http://www.thefa.com/competitions/thefa ... ound-dates
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... ySvQdJtjdk

Inbetween GW25 & GW26, taking up a whole PL-less weekend
Thus before LC Final GW26 blanks

Vincent Black Shadow
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Vincent Black Shadow »

eastcentral1 wrote:Cool, cheers. The main thing to note for now is that I'm not going to make the mistake again of relying on Andy Carroll to perform in two games in a row.
It's a sad life my brother. You fell into the trap of the Caroll TC for the DGW?

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”