To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Everton defenders

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
Weisenwolf
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2,234 points; back when this was considered a good score....

Everton defenders

Post by Weisenwolf »

Excellent run of fixtures, good FPL prospects

Baines £5.5
Jagielka £5.0
Funes Mori £5.0
Williams £5.0
Holgate £4.5

Who will be first choice to play?

ZeroRemorse
Grumpy Old Man

Re: Everton defenders

Post by ZeroRemorse »

Yep, this is annoying me. Holgate is gone after the International breaks when Coleman returns by the looks of things. Funes Mori will probably lose his spot to Williams. Jagielka is a club veteran, but might be displaced by Kone (if that transfer ever bloody happens). Baines might be worth it if he can recapture his old brilliance, injuries seemed to have really slowed him down though and Walker/Valencia/Shaw are better picks.

mr.stanishev
Treebeard

Post by mr.stanishev »

I am currently with Baines - hopefully his +0.5 in price will result in a goal/assist soon

Weisenwolf
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Weisenwolf »

Yep, that's the issue in a nut shell, I have Funes Mori but it seems to me, with the exception of Baines, everyone else is a doubt.

Weisenwolf
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Weisenwolf »

The Kone bid has been turned down by Moyes who says he's going nowhere. Heard that before......

math!
Dumbledore
FS Record: Yes

Post by math! »

Why would Williams be a doubt?

Sent from my HUAWEI SCL-L01 using Tapatalk

cesc408
Grumpy Old Man

Post by cesc408 »

Would be all over Williams once he makes his way into the team. Consistent and guaranteed to be 1 of the 3 CB and play every week

ZeroRemorse
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ZeroRemorse »

Williams Jagielka looks like a solid paring IMO, with Baines and Coleman at fullbacks, with some decent benchies, it's a solid Everton team.

ctibbits
Dumbledore
FS Record: Won "The Bet" 2014/15

Post by ctibbits »

If you can somehow pinch the needed .5 I think is absolutely worth Baines. We still don't have concrete evidence as to who is taking Pens. However as he is playing as a true wing back his attacking potential from open play is better. Plus he is still on set pieces. My debate is I only have room for one 5.5 defender and it is looking to be Shaw or Baines. Not so straight forward

Weisenwolf
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Weisenwolf »

I went for Funes Mori which was a mistake. Now looking at who to replace him with. May try to stretch to Baines....

tommyk7
Grumpy Old Man

Post by tommyk7 »

I have Stekekenburg

Beerfuelledman
FISO Knight
FS Record: FISO 17/18 FPL Cash Draft League Winner

Post by Beerfuelledman »

If Koeman is set on a back 5 with 3 CB's and Coleman/Baines either side, you'd have thought Jagielka, Williams and Funny Morris would be the CB's. Holgate however, seems to be impressing?

ZeroRemorse
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ZeroRemorse »

Weisenwolf wrote:I went for Funes Mori which was a mistake. Now looking at who to replace him with. May try to stretch to Baines....
I have Holgate but will be shifting him soon for Baines. Baines is on penalties and set pieces.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

ZeroRemorse wrote:
Weisenwolf wrote:I went for Funes Mori which was a mistake. Now looking at who to replace him with. May try to stretch to Baines....
I have Holgate but will be shifting him soon for Baines. Baines is on penalties and set pieces.
Baines is on some set pieces, but not all, not even a majority in fact. He's taken one corner and a couple of direct free-kicks, but Barkley seems to at least share the direct free kicks while Mirallas seems to have most of the corner duty.

I don't know about free-kicks from crossing opportunities, but I'd assume Mirallas and Barkley have their share of them too.

Sutter Kane
Dumbledore
FS Record: Unknown.

Post by Sutter Kane »

Are we so sure Baines is still on pens? If he was, I'd be interested, if not, then not really.

If Everton play 3-5-2 with wingbacks, then I'd be unsure as to how well they'd defend anyway but I'd be very interested in watching Coleman's attacking influence. Also if they do play 3-5-2, that removes an attacking player. It must be a variation on that formation as I can't see the quality 'other' striker...unless Valencia?? Bolasie?

It maybe that Koeman wants the players to be adaptable to a choice of 2 formations to change a match mid-game. Start 3-5-2, lose a goal, take a defender off and put an attacker on (or vice versa).

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Mav3rick »

He took the last pen obviously, but did technically miss it. I'd guess he is still on them though.

gallus
Grumpy Old Man

Post by gallus »

The ball did go in so I think he's still on them. If he misses again he's probably of them though.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Mav3rick »

Yeah I agree. If I had to put money on it, I'd say Baines is still on them.

Blue Magic
Wideboy

Post by Blue Magic »

Baines looks real value at 5.5 in an Everton side that look solid under Koeman, and with penalties and the occasional set piece plus his crossing ability you could argue he represents the best VFM of any defender.

KingMaalik
Wideboy

Post by KingMaalik »

currently on wildcard and i'm going for Williams...i think he's nailed

Roope
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Roope »

Baines is probably still on penalties. We're only interpreting it as a 'miss' due to our FPL bias. I'm thinking of getting Baines in for Shaw, who seems to have an injury scare which might escalate. Everton have sweet fixtures ahead. Not sure about this, though! (I have Valencia, by the way).

Weisenwolf
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Weisenwolf »

Beerfuelledman wrote:If Koeman is set on a back 5 with 3 CB's and Coleman/Baines either side, you'd have thought Jagielka, Williams and Funny Morris would be the CB's. Holgate however, seems to be impressing?
They were on 4-2-3-1 against Stoke last week.

Beerfuelledman
FISO Knight
FS Record: FISO 17/18 FPL Cash Draft League Winner

Post by Beerfuelledman »

Weisenwolf wrote:
Beerfuelledman wrote:If Koeman is set on a back 5 with 3 CB's and Coleman/Baines either side, you'd have thought Jagielka, Williams and Funny Morris would be the CB's. Holgate however, seems to be impressing?
They were on 4-2-3-1 against Stoke last week.
They were indeed. I certainly don't think Holgate will oust Jagielka or Williams at CB in a 442 or Coleman at RB in any formation - but the question was whether Holgate or Funny Morris would get the nod in a :

.............??????? Jagielka Williams
Coleman...............................Baines

Perhaps rumours of a favoured back 5 are much exaggerated - he was a 4231 man at Soton wasn't he?

Weisenwolf
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Weisenwolf »

He was indeed; some of it may be down to the players available I guess, Everton have the players for it.

I think I'm going to dump Funny, just not sure whether to replace him with Williams/Jag or Baines. Trouble with Baines is that it would mean a downgrade of .5M (Redmond or Negredo probably) to bring Aggy back. That said I'm beginning to prefer Punch to Redmond and I think there is a fair chance a budget striker will emerge and I can realise Negredo's price rises and move him on.

I could just wait but if Funny is a no show I get Amat or Kingsley and I can't see the Swans getting a CS against Chelski even if they are at home.

Have I just hijacked my own thread :shock:

ZeroRemorse
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ZeroRemorse »

My 2 cents on Holgate is he might hold down his position until Colemans had more game time in a cup fixture or Holgate makes a mistake, the kid is in fine form and deserves to keep his spot. I've decided to roll with him and transfer him out for Baines when he stops starting.

Weisenwolf
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Weisenwolf »

ZeroRemorse wrote:My 2 cents on Holgate is he might hold down his position until Colemans had more game time in a cup fixture or Holgate makes a mistake, the kid is in fine form and deserves to keep his spot. I've decided to roll with him and transfer him out for Baines when he stops starting.
That's a fair argument

The Username
Grumpy Old Man

Post by The Username »

Holgates a risk that will snare eventually. Its worth noting Evertons game is next Monday a full calender week and a weeks training for Coleman since the Ireland game.

That said if it's three at the back its not impossible for Holgate to start with the full backs wide. Wouldn't be putting my house on it though.

Weisenwolf
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Weisenwolf »

If it's 3 CB's only one misses out but if it's only 2 then two miss out. Not great odds......

Weisenwolf
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Weisenwolf »

It looks to me like Jag & FunnyM are competing for the same grass.

Coleman back and only £5.4M; does this make him a 'bargain' over Baines? Probably not.....

Football Hero
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Football Hero »

Weisenwolf wrote:It looks to me like Jag & FunnyM are competing for the same grass.

Coleman back and only £5.4M; does this make him a 'bargain' over Baines? Probably not.....
Coleman has 10 goals and 9 assists from 10842 minutes over the past 4 seasons, (I'll ignore prior to that as he was playing in midfield way back when).

Baines has 14 goals and 23 assists from 10510 minutes over the past 4 seasons, (not including this season).

So Coleman has 10 x 6 + 9 x 3 = 87 attacking points, (I'll ignore bonus points related to this).

Baines has 14 x 6 + 23 x 3 = 153 attacking points. This looks like a clear win for Baines and at 5.5 he is indeed in my team and he might have to stay there all season as I didn't quite realise how attacking this guy is.

Ok, some of Baines' goals have been from penalties in the past, but he might still be on those. Also, he perhaps isn't on as many freekicks and corners as he used to be, not sure on that one.

Either way, I think given the choice, you've got to go for Baines over Coleman really.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”