To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

OFL RMT - Please help a brother out!

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games offered by Fantasy League Limited (OFL).
Big Beast
Treebeard

OFL RMT - Please help a brother out!

Post by Big Beast »

Hi all,

So glad OFL is back for a 20th year (or maybe more!) and looking forward to much chat. Always keen to hear thoughts and advice from you amazing experts - here is my initial team:

GK D De Gea £4.3

FB G Friend £3.4
FB C Dawson £3.6
FB H Bellerin £4.5

CB A Williams £3.7 (assuming he goes to Everton)
CB J Stones £4.1 (assuming he goes to Man City)
CB T Alderweireld £4.4

MD R Loftus-Cheek £3.4
MD R Snodgrass £3.5
MD W Khazri £3.8
MD G Deulofeu £4.0
MD D Tadic £4.7
MD R Firmino £5.0

ST A Gray £5.8
ST Z Ibrahimovic £8.0
ST S Aguero £8.5

TOTAL £74.7

Strengths - Those three strikers should mean a ton of goals and I think I've covered what will be seven of the top 10 defences. All the players selected either ended last season on good form and/or are firing pre-season. I've kept 0.3 in the bank in case Williams or Stones don't move.

Weaknesses - Khazri is a wildcard, but he has similar stats coming into this season as Mahrez into last. I'm worried that Ibrahimovic is the next Falcao, but everyone seems to be raving about him so I feel he's a 'must have'. It means I can't have a premium midfielder though or a proven OFL pointscorer alongside Aguero up front like Giroud/Kane/Lukaku. I lack any Chelsea, except a punt on Loftus-Cheek, and no Arsenal attacking players - but I can't see any value in those teams. Plus no Swansea, who usually start strong.
Last edited by Big Beast on 12 Aug 2016, 17:13, edited 1 time in total.

bspittles
Dumbledore

Re: RMT - KDub, Snout, Fat Skier and all OFL players please help!

Post by bspittles »

I'd be a little worried about the midfield. Apart from quite rare game weeks, it's likely that every one of your squad will have the chance to play. Having three (in my opinion) who aren likely to get zero 50+% of the time is a little wasteful.

Take Tadic and Snodgrass, for example. £8.2m could get you Lamela and Noble/Redmond. I would favour that paring to outscore your two.

Other than that, strong throughout :-)

Big Beast
Treebeard

Re: OFL RMT - Please help a brother out!

Post by Big Beast »

Slightly revised team - taking into account feedback and some more research...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

GoonerShillz
Wideboy

Post by GoonerShillz »

Liking the strike force. Allows for plenty of flexibility too if Ibra doesn't perform. Defence is good and probably pretty similar to most other teams. Only thing I'm not sure on is doubling up in midfield with Redmond and tadic. I don't usually like doing that unless they are players from a big team. Both should score well tho, I've had the dilema of deciding which one so no harm in going both I guess.

Big Beast
Treebeard

Post by Big Beast »

Thank you so much for the feedback. Agree on Tadic/Redmond but really can't decide which to drop. It also means I can't have Van Djirk who I love, but saving that third CB for Williams or Kone once we know who the Everton CBs will be. Here is the current team...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Original Fantasy League (OFL) Football games”