To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Best striker £7M or less

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
Weisenwolf
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2,234 points; back when this was considered a good score....

Best striker £7M or less

Post by Weisenwolf »

Any suggestions?

DAREEL
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Winner of FISO McDonald's Euro 2016 official . league. FPL player since the game began. Successful cash mini league player that usually ends up in profit

Re: Best striker £7M or less

Post by DAREEL »

Intresting one
Austin
Long
Wilson
Deeney

All intrest me. At moment it's Wilson but who knows what I'll do

Weisenwolf
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Weisenwolf »

Wilson did OK early last season but two tough opening fixtures. ATM I have Rondon in there as WBA have a good run of games although I'm concerned at having 3 WBA ( albeit 2 benched)

DAREEL
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Winner of FISO McDonald's Euro 2016 official . league. FPL player since the game began. Successful cash mini league player that usually ends up in profit

Post by DAREEL »

Weisenwolf wrote:Wilson did OK early last season but two tough opening fixtures. ATM I have Rondon in there as WBA have a good run of games although I'm concerned at having 3 WBA ( albeit 2 benched)
Got some good games though mate.

Suppose you could throw negrado in the mix. Wasn't brilliant at valencia but he is capable

00tennis
Treebeard

Post by 00tennis »

Currently.......

I'd be inclined to take a slight punt on Gray as a starter GW1 personally with 4/6 home fixtures :arrow: Wilson when fixtures get better or Austin(can be injury prone)/Long depending who starts/plays CF etc...

Only really Defoe(will score 10+ goals again so should be a solid pick but is that what you want in fpl-not sure, but I see him slowing down a bit & Rashford(could be explosive if timing is right as 5 goals/9 games '15/'16 ) @7m
Not sure about Deeney as WAT have horrendous starting fixtures *AWAY*(SOT* CHE ARS WHM* MUN) & the unsettled way Ighalo finished last season & he wanted to leave recently...feel they are a bit of a dble act(Deeney assisted Ighalo 7 goals last season)

Don't fancy Rondon in a Tony Pulis defensive minded WBA team-the fact he couldn't bring anything out of Berahino last season suggests his priorities don't lie in attacking football...

Aldershot Rejects
Dumbledore
FS Record: 5th Metro (2010-11); 146 - Sky (2015-16); 218 - Sky (2014-15); 386 - Sky (2020-21); 636 - FPL (2017-18); last 16 Sky Cup (2018-19)

Post by Aldershot Rejects »

Looking at Rondon or Long for the first 4 or 5 GWs

CeilingVitaly
Kevin and Perry

Post by CeilingVitaly »

I've got both Gray and Wilson in my team atm.

Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Gambit »

Gray, 5 of the first 7 at home and he's their main attacking threat.

wouldn't want any attacking players from WBA, not sure about Southampton options with Koeman leaving, Wilson could be decent but United, West Ham, City and Everton in the first six make for very tough fixtures.

On balance I think Gray is the best option.

Slightly over budget but Benteke and Bony are both strongly linked with moves and if either of them becomes a first choice striker then an extra 0.5 could make for a pretty big upgrade.

redchemist
Grumpy Old Man

Post by redchemist »

00tennis wrote:Currently.......

I'd be inclined to take a slight punt on Gray as a starter GW1 personally with 4/6 home fixtures :arrow: Wilson when fixtures get better or Austin(can be injury prone)/Long depending who starts/plays CF etc...

Only really Defoe(will score 10+ goals again so should be a solid pick but is that what you want in fpl-not sure, but I see him slowing down a bit & Rashford(could be explosive if timing is right as 5 goals/9 games '15/'16 ) @7m
Not sure about Deeney as WAT have horrendous starting fixtures *AWAY*(SOT* CHE ARS WHM* MUN) & the unsettled way Ighalo finished last season & he wanted to leave recently...feel they are a bit of a dble act(Deeney assisted Ighalo 7 goals last season)

Don't fancy Rondon in a Tony Pulis defensive minded WBA team-the fact he couldn't bring anything out of Berahino last season suggests his priorities don't lie in attacking football...
I looked at Rashford; just would be nervous for him under Mou.

Weisenwolf
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Weisenwolf »

DAREEL wrote:
Weisenwolf wrote:Wilson did OK early last season but two tough opening fixtures. ATM I have Rondon in there as WBA have a good run of games although I'm concerned at having 3 WBA ( albeit 2 benched)
Got some good games though mate.

Suppose you could throw negrado in the mix. Wasn't brilliant at valencia but he is capable
I had Negrado in first and there is no denying that the fixtures look good & Boro could do well; just not sure he's a good enough player.

Weisenwolf
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Weisenwolf »

I looked at Gray (& unless I'm reading the fixture list wrong there are fewer home games) but those fixtures look pretty tough to me. The easiest game is WBA and they can be tough at the back.

Weisenwolf
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Weisenwolf »

Hmm interesting thoughts; I may resign myself to an early WC and just pick for the first 2/3 games. Or change from 3-4-3 as that third striker is hard to call. I though about Long too but Saints are a bit of a mess.

Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Gambit »

Weisenwolf wrote:

I looked at Gray (& unless I'm reading the fixture list wrong there are fewer home games) but those fixtures look pretty tough to me. The easiest game is WBA and they can be tough at the back.
Burnley have 5 of the first 7 at home, three of the games being Swansea, Hull, Watford. good fixtures

00tennis
Treebeard

Post by 00tennis »

*AWAY* Don't play WBA* until 19th NOV...you must have been looking at a diff team perhaps....

SWA, LIV, CHE* HULL LEI* WAT, ARS, SOT*, EVE

00tennis
Treebeard

Post by 00tennis »

Gambit wrote:Gray, 5 of the first 7 at home and he's their main attacking threat.

wouldn't want any attacking players from WBA, not sure about Southampton options with Koeman leaving, Wilson could be decent but United, West Ham, City and Everton in the first six make for very tough fixtures.

Slightly over budget but Benteke and Bony are both strongly linked with moves and if either of them becomes a first choice striker then an extra 0.5 could make for a pretty big upgrade.
Would Teke/Bony, even Berahino at new clubs (if any of them did move) outscore a 7.5m MID though.... like Ayew/Tadic/Siggy even a Lamala that are well settled/proven at club etc....don't think it's that clear cut as people think, that they would #foodforthought

Teke probs the most interesting if he went to CRY.....

fred1266
Dumbledore
FS Record: EFCL Fantasy League & Jurassic League Winner 11/12, EFCL Fantasy League Winner 13/14. EFCL, FISO 5AS The Kangals, Jurassic League, 3DM PRINTERS TT & Trini Gunners Winner 14/15

Post by fred1266 »

Carroll

Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Gambit »

00tennis wrote:
Gambit wrote:Gray, 5 of the first 7 at home and he's their main attacking threat.

Would Teke/Bony, even Berahino at new clubs (if any of them did move) outscore a 7.5m MID though.... like Ayew/Tadic/Siggy even a Lamala that are well settled/proven at club etc....don't think it's that clear cut as people think, that they would #foodforthought

Teke probs the most interesting if he went to CRY.....
yeah it would be close but you could say that about any midfielders v attackers, would 10m Vardy outscore 10m Hazard, or 6.5m Gray v 6.5m Townsend etc

I just meant that Benteke/Bony are both proven PL goalscorers and if they were to move then finding an extra .5 (from the 7m budget of this topic) could be worthwhile. Where that 0.5 would come from is a different matter and the OP would have to look at his squad set up.

00tennis
Treebeard

Post by 00tennis »

yeah, for sure........agree

Pirlo's Beard
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Pirlo's Beard »

Weisenwolf wrote:I though about Long too but Saints are a bit of a mess.
Are they? I'm planning an early wildcard (likely between GWs 3 and 4) and a Southampton striker is all but nailed-on for my third striker slot. Currently on Long, but might change to Austin depending on who looks the more secure.

For those of a similar mind planning a wildcard during the international break, Watford (H) in GW1 and Sunderland (H) in GW3 are pretty hard fixtures to ignore.

Cliffard
FISOhead

Post by Cliffard »

Pirlo's Beard wrote:
Weisenwolf wrote:I though about Long too but Saints are a bit of a mess.
Are they? I'm planning an early wildcard (likely between GWs 3 and 4) and a Southampton striker is all but nailed-on for my third striker slot. Currently on Long, but might change to Austin depending on who looks the more secure.

For those of a similar mind planning a wildcard during the international break, Watford (H) in GW1 and Sunderland (H) in GW3 are pretty hard fixtures to ignore.
Same.

ObiWanKenobiNil
Kevin and Perry

Post by ObiWanKenobiNil »

fred1266 wrote:Carroll
When fit and supposing they dont sign Bacca, will score lots

Roope
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Roope »

Currently on Gray, good fixtures and has shown form in preseason.

Weisenwolf
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Weisenwolf »

Gambit wrote:
Weisenwolf wrote:

Burnley have 5 of the first 7 at home, three of the games being Swansea, Hull, Watford. good fixtures
Yes I was looking at the wrong list.

However (Unless I'm doing it again!) Burnley's first 8 games:

Swansea (Home)
Liverpool (Away)
Chelsea (Away)
Hull (Home)
Leicester(Away)
Watford(Home)
Arsenal(Home)
Southampton (Away)

So 1/3, 2/4, 2/5, 3/6, 4/7 & 4/8 at home

So whilst I would agree that 3 of the home games are good, Arsenal at home when all their players are back and up to speed will not be easy and the away games Liverpool, Chelsea, Leicester, & Soutampton are pretty awful. In fact I doubt there are many teams whoose first 8 weeks are worse. Although anything can happen (We should know that by now :D ) I can't see Burnley sitting pretty come the middle of October with 3/8 games they have a realistic 'chance' of winning.

By way of comparison Boro don't meet any of the top teams until week 6 (Spurs) and at least that is a home game and followed by a trip to Watford.

All that said Rondon will be starved of opportunity, Negredo has been poor for 2 seasons and out of the EPL while Gray appears on form.............

Food for thought indeed.

Good stuff everyone

bspittles
Dumbledore

Post by bspittles »

I have Wilson and Okazaki. It was only a friendly, but he was everywhere in Leicester's 2-1 win at Oxford.

Weisenwolf
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Weisenwolf »

bspittles wrote:I have Wilson and Okazaki. It was only a friendly, but he was everywhere in Leicester's 2-1 win at Oxford.
I recall Okizaki was not first 11 all last season

Arhaych
FISOhead
FS Record: Voted "Most Suave Fantasy Manager" - 2012/2013

Post by Arhaych »

bspittles wrote:I have Wilson and Okazaki. It was only a friendly, but he was everywhere in Leicester's 2-1 win at Oxford.
Can't see Okazaki playing as much as last season with Musa joining the club.

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

Much hinges on which Southampton attacker I go with. Tadic vs Long is one of my main conundrums at the minute. My third striker will almost certainly be one of Long/Wilson/Rondon to start with, but I'll also keep an eye on any move for Berahino and Benteke, albeit the latter would mean tweaks elsewhere.

S_sutton87
Grumpy Old Man

Re: RE: Re: Best striker £7M or less

Post by S_sutton87 »

Weisenwolf wrote:
Gambit wrote:
Weisenwolf wrote:

Swansea (Home)
Liverpool (Away)
Chelsea (Away)
Hull (Home)
Leicester(Away)
Watford(Home)
Arsenal(Home)
Southampton (Away)

So whilst I would agree that 3 of the home games are good, Arsenal at home when all their players are back and up to speed will not be easy and the away games Liverpool, Chelsea, Leicester, & Soutampton are pretty awful. In fact I doubt there are many teams whoose first 8 weeks are worse. Although anything can happen (We should know that by now :D ) I can't see Burnley sitting pretty come the middle of October with 3/8 games they have a realistic 'chance' of winning.

By way of comparison Boro don't meet any of the top teams until week 6 (Spurs) and at least that is a home game and followed by a trip to Watford.

All that said Rondon will be starved of opportunity, Negredo has been poor for 2 seasons and out of the EPL while Gray appears on form.............

Food for thought indeed.

Good stuff everyone
The Liverpool game has been switched cause of there stadium so Burnley are at home for that one

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

Notned wrote:Much hinges on which Southampton attacker I go with. Tadic vs Long is one of my main conundrums at the minute. My third striker will almost certainly be one of Long/Wilson/Rondon to start with, but I'll also keep an eye on any move for Berahino and Benteke, albeit the latter would mean tweaks elsewhere.
I'm not convinced by Tadic's (underlying) numbers - I'm not sure that he can support the number of assists he got last year, I'm also not sure who is going to be their penalty taker which is going to reduce his goal tally if it's not him (looks like he only score one league pen last year, but still).

On the assisting front though, I do think it's worth noting that Tadic is behind only Ozil, Payet, KDB and Eriksen for assist potential - pretty good company to be in - so even if his tally is reduced, there are still few better in terms of potential. If he looks like being the penalty taker still, and if Southampton's new manager looks to be using him well in pre-season, then it will be tempting to take him over Sigurdsson as a season opening mid.

Weisenwolf
Grumpy Old Man

Re: RE: Re: Best striker £7M or less

Post by Weisenwolf »

S_sutton87 wrote:
Weisenwolf wrote:
Gambit wrote:
Weisenwolf wrote:

Swansea (Home)
Liverpool (Away)
Chelsea (Away)
Hull (Home)
Leicester(Away)
Watford(Home)
Arsenal(Home)
Southampton (Away)

Food for thought indeed.

Good stuff everyone
The Liverpool game has been switched cause of there stadium so Burnley are at home for that one

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk
Right in that case I may well be on the firm; 3 out of 4 at home is good.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”