To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

James Milner...striker

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
Omarz14
Red & Blue Braces

James Milner...striker

Post by Omarz14 »

It seems Pellegrini will play with James Milner as striker against Palace...how about that?. City striker who is a 5.4M midfielder.

If he's sure to start, definitely worth a punt.

Billy Bongo
FISO Knight

Re: James Milner...striker

Post by Billy Bongo »

'If', no one knows

Innes
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Top 10,000 in FPL

Post by Innes »

More likely than any other City midfielder to play up front I'd say.

chandler
Grumpy Old Man

Post by chandler »

Hearing Silva can play up top too. Far too risky to get Milner in imo

sirmomo
Treebeard

Post by sirmomo »

Silva has played false nine for no less than Spain during their all-conquering era. I don't see why Milner would be better for that role.

hammer_time
Wideboy

Post by hammer_time »

Such a big risk at this stage. It could also be Silva or Nasri.

Much better to wait to see

a) who it will be this GW
b) how he does (ie, Milner could be an ineffective one-off and they'll try something new)

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

Think it will more likely to be Silva or Nasri. They seem so much better suited to the role, particularly Silva having played there before.

Either way, makes Milner a far more likely starter wherever he plays. At 5.4m for a potential City regular, is he an option for anyone looking to strengthen their squad to cover any rotation over the festive period? Not much of a hop up in terms of price from Boyd, for example..

KingCabbage
Grumpy Old Man

Post by KingCabbage »

hammer_time wrote:Such a big risk at this stage. It could also be Silva or Nasri.

Much better to wait to see

a) who it will be this GW
b) how he does (ie, Milner could be an ineffective one-off and they'll try something new)
I agree with this.

If one of Milner, Silva, Nasri starts upfront and plays well, there's no valid reason not to play them upfront again.

With Mirallas out this GW and therefore sticking with Baines, it seems the perfect opportunity to save transfer and have 2 FT next week.

Striker
FISO Knight

Post by Striker »

But surely the question is if City do play a false number 9, who will benefit most if he fulfils the role well, that guy or one or more of the midfield "runners"?

sunnO)))jihai
FISOhead

Post by sunnO)))jihai »

Striker wrote:But surely the question is if City do play a false number 9, who will benefit most if he fulfils the role well, that guy or one or more of the midfield "runners"?
Good point. Some lucky sod, I imagine.

Omarz14
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Omarz14 »

sunnO)))jihai wrote:
Striker wrote:But surely the question is if City do play a false number 9, who will benefit most if he fulfils the role well, that guy or one or more of the midfield "runners"?
Ya Ya :)

KingCabbage
Grumpy Old Man

Post by KingCabbage »

Omarz14 wrote:
sunnO)))jihai wrote:
Ya Ya :)
As I own Yaya that would be great, but he wasn't one of the 3 players mentioned that would be trialled this week up top. It was Milner, Silva & Nasri.

And I really can't see it being Milner. Think it will be Silva.

First Sub Podcast
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Twitter @TheFirstSub_FPL

Post by First Sub Podcast »

If Silva plays false 9 Yaya could be the one that benefits more is what they're saying.

KingCabbage
Grumpy Old Man

Post by KingCabbage »

The Toon Man wrote:If Silva plays false 9 Yaya could be the one that benefits more is what they're saying.
Get ya. It was a very quick glance so didn't read it properly.

I'm expecting Yaya to be more defensive, protecting the back 4 as Kompany is out, but hope that's not the case.

chandler
Grumpy Old Man

Post by chandler »

I expect the opposite - with no strikers I think Pellegrini will be wanting Yaya to be more influential in the final third. Plenty of defensive players available to protect their back four.

KingCabbage
Grumpy Old Man

Post by KingCabbage »

chandler wrote:I expect the opposite - with no strikers I think Pellegrini will be wanting Yaya to be more influential in the final third. Plenty of defensive players available to protect their back four.
Well Yaya is a box to box midfielder, so maybe he'll do both.

And Milner is one that's often used for his defensive duties, so we could even see him further back.

ruudy
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ruudy »

Whoever plays there still needs to be able to finish.

From4corners
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by From4corners »

I reckon it will be Milner up front. He is fast and knows how to run the channels and Silva and Nasri are way better passers of the ball to create those runs for Milner. I would think Yaya will be deployed in the hole with Fernando and Fernandinho in the double pivot.

First Sub Podcast
Grumpy Old Man

From4corners wrote:I reckon it will be Milner up front. He is fast and knows how to run the channels and Silva and Nasri are way better passers of the ball to create those runs for Milner. I would think Yaya will be deployed in the hole with Fernando and Fernandinho in the double pivot.
+1 so basically:

---------Milner---------
-Silva----Yaya---Nasri-
-Fernando-Fernandinho-

I think Silva, Nasri and Milner will have relatively free roles.

Carlos Kickaball
Dumbledore

Post by Carlos Kickaball »

If only there was some kind of meeting with Pellegrini, where people ask him questions about Saturday's match, and then those people report what was said in the meeting, that could prove to be really useful. :wink: :lol:

Douglas Reynholm
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Douglas Reynholm »

The Toon Man wrote:
From4corners wrote:I reckon it will be Milner up front. He is fast and knows how to run the channels and Silva and Nasri are way better passers of the ball to create those runs for Milner. I would think Yaya will be deployed in the hole with Fernando and Fernandinho in the double pivot.
+1 so basically:

---------Milner---------
-Silva----Yaya---Nasri-
-Fernando-Fernandinho-

That's what you hope, I'm sure Lampard will feature somewhere having played and scoring last week.

How many times have Fernando and Fernandinho played together in the PL? Not saying they won't but just curious.

woodlark
Wideboy

Post by woodlark »

Last season, there were two periods of excellent form for City which ensured they won the title.

The first was a 20-match unbeaten run during December and January which saw Manuel Pellegrini play with two out-and-out strikers in a 4-2-2-2 formation.

The second was their excellent run-in playing a slightly altered system that saw David Silva shifted to the No. 10 role just behind one main striker.

I suspect if the young players (ie Pozo) are ever going to get a chance then what better time than Crystal Palace at home. I know the last game passed him by a little but he doe's have an eye for goal and I'm gonna stick my neck out and suggest he will play in a forward role with Silva.

------------------pozo------------
-----------------Silva---------------

Nasri ------------------------------------ Navas

------ Toure --------------Fernando---------

Kolarov------- Mangala ------- Demichelis -------- Zabaleta

..reverting to a "false nine" by pushing Nasri forwards and with Milner taking a place on the left if things are not going well. Captain for the GW has to be the nailed on Yaya. Also high possibility of a penalty City 4 for and Palace 3 against

So a more pressing problem for me is the possibility of no Yaya or Lampard for games against Arsenal and Chelsea in Jan

Just my thoughts on the matter so you can all laugh your socks off at me :lol: at 12.45 tomorrow.

First Sub Podcast
Grumpy Old Man

gunnersaurus wrote:
The Toon Man wrote:
+1 so basically:

---------Milner---------
-Silva----Yaya---Nasri-
-Fernando-Fernandinho-

That's what you hope, I'm sure Lampard will feature somewhere having played and scoring last week.

How many times have Fernando and Fernandinho played together in the PL? Not saying they won't but just curious.

Ive only got Nasri and Hart from City anyway and Nasri will 100% start in an attacking role so I'm not worried. Toure could easily play deep lying CM

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”